Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Buddy up?

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 of 8 pages resultset_next resultset_last
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/08, 12:24 PM
Ok I picked the weights back up today...and it felt really good!!In fact I think I over did it...I went past muscle fatigue,but it felt so good to be working my muscles I didn't want to stop.I think I'll be sore tomorrow but hopefully nothing a little tylenol can't handle.I have the beginnings of a headache though...hopeing drinking more water will take care of that.
Alright...hows everybody else doing???
TTYL!!!:big_smile:
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/08, 12:30 PM
KC, how much water do you drink now? And by the way, because a muscle is sore, does not mean you can't work it if it is time again. "Active" rest is a good thing, will actually pump nutrient rich blood and help heal the soreness....the point is determining is the soreness a bad thing.....i.e...injury type soreness or soreness just from a good workout.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/08, 02:07 PM
Not nearly enough bb1!!!Today so far I've only had about 16oz. of water...I know thats terrible.I did hiit training on the treadmill for 2 miles then did some complex training(deadlift,romanian deadlift,squats and morning glories)at 15,15,12,10 reps(only one circuit,just starting again after 1 month off)with a 20 pound weight.Plus my daily house cleaning chores...so I know my water intake is pathetic.Maybe a good tounge lashing for not drinking enough water would do me some good!

As far as the soreness I know it's just good workout soreness and look forward to working out the stiffness with my next workout!!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 01:20 PM
Alright you guys....where ya at????

I'm getting in trouble in other forums because I'm bored...I miss my cyber workout buddies.I know since I am now out of a job I am the one with no life...but can I at least get a "howdy"?????:big_smile:
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/10, 03:28 PM
howdy

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 03:43 PM
I've been talking to you all day mutt!!!

But thanks for the howdy anyway!!

you big ole crakny meat head!!!!
now go do some yoga!!!!!
:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:
Well I think I'm funny anyway!!!!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/10, 03:45 PM
it should have been cranky. And I have no problem with yoga....just people that "cut n paste" advice in their first 5 posts.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 03:50 PM
UH-OH...you're not getting all spun up again are you???

I'm thinking you must be if you didn't think I realized you meant cranky...or why the yoga comments were getting on your nerves.

I must say I like crakny better than cranky...and anytime someone mentions yoga again I will have to laugh!!
I may be losing it...but I had fun hanging out on here today!You're my favorite mutt!!
Peace out..........
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/10, 03:57 PM
Gee thanks! I had fun too.:big_smile:

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/11, 08:55 AM
OK...it's friday...Angel you usually beat me here...you two are making me nervous this week!!Heres my check-in:
arm 11.8 same
chest 33.5 -.5
back 34 -1.
waist 30.5 -.5
pelvis 34.4 same (enchiladas for dinner!!!)
hips 36.8 -1.
legs 21.9 same

For a total of 3 inches gone.BB1 posted a diet in the nutrition forum "diet made easy" It's basically 2 days off carbs 1 day heavy carb...I'm going to try it.I lose alot of weight on low carb diets I just can't stick with them.But I'm going to have to do alot of calculating to keep cal at around 1500 and over 200 gr of protien and 77 gr carb off days over 200 carb for on days..so it will take some figuring.Hope to "see" you two soon!!
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/08/11, 07:19 PM
the scale says 163 better than 168 that it said on sunday... so im back down to regular weight, woo you two will not beleive what hapend last practice...

I BEAT PHIL!!! :angry::cool:

but i dont really wanna go to practice tonight, but i dont want it to bite me in the butt and he starts beating me cause i didnt go to practice so ill see you two ladies later

--------------
-Aaron

I feel lighter. Maybe I lost some weight. All that dilly dallying.

Running from the inside, and your age... is core-age. (courage)
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/11, 08:20 PM
CONGRATULATION's Aaron!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile::love::love::big_smile:
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/08/11, 09:19 PM
OMG!!!! :surprised::surprised::surprised: ITS FRIDAY!! I lost track of the days I have been sooooo busy!!!! I am so sorry guys!!!! I feel awful about forgetting.

KC....GREAT JOB you are steadily loosing. YEAH!!!
Aaron....WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! I knew he would eat your dust!!!!

hi mutt and bb1....nice to see some other people here.

OK, so I just weighed on the scale....drum roll please....it says 129!!!! YIPPEEE!!! I still dont have my tape, I keep forgetting it at my moms. My hubby is at the store now...I'm gonna call him to pick me up a new one. I do have good news.... I went shopping for new school clothes, and I was plesantly surprised that I am in 7/8s. Bye Bye 9/10s forever. 5/6s here I come!

Summer Break is over for me. I offically go back to work on Monday..... I did not loose all that I wanted to this summer, but I have a good start (9lbs in 2+ months). During school the dieting will be easy, but finding the time to workout will be a challenge. I just got me a new laptop (early BDay present) and am going to use the calendar for scheduling. Nothing like the thrill of checking off tasks on a TTD list. hahaha

Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/08/12, 09:55 PM
OK Guys....instead of buying a tape for me....my hubby bought a NEW COFFEE POT!!!! UUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I should have known that mornings free of the coffee temptation were too good to be true.

How are your muscles feeling KC...still feel the good kind of sore? I think I need to increase my weights, I have not really felt sore in awhile.

:):):):):):):):big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:
PS. This is my 1st post from my wireless PC. I am soooo excited.
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/08/13, 07:15 AM
Hey again....KC, I am completely jealous!!!! I want to quit my job too!!! (I am serious...that is not a joke!) I personaly beleive that being a mom and wife is a full time job. I have a great job and right now I need to work for finances. Oh but what I would do to "not have a life" as you put it....

Anyway, I had to set my alarm for 5:30 today just to get in some time to workout. As usual I got up before the alarm went off. I hate running in total darkness....last time I did the neighbor left his fence open and his dog was growling at me and showing his teeth! Anyway...I am on here for a minute waiting for the sky to lighted just a little more.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/13, 11:06 AM
A NEW coffee pot.....oh-no!!!!!That was funny though...got a laugh out of me!!!Muscles are doing well.Going with my hubby today to egt a bar and some new weights!!!I'm excited!!!I'm working on getting him out there with me.He looks great but he has put on a few pounds he's not happy with...that so far he has been unwilling to do anything about it ...so I think this will do the trick.getting him out there with the idea he's helping me will get him to remember how much fun it is to get those muscles working again.I'm also going to try that 2days low carb 1 day high carb diet bb1 posted.I was supposed to just hop on here to do the calculater and decided to check if you had posted Angel.

Ok...so I better run....a big congrats to you Angel....single digit clothes sizes are SOOOOOO much fun!!!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/08/13, 10:15 PM
NEW BAR AND WEIGHTS...that is terrrriffic KC!!! And that would be just great if your hubby works out with you. Mine says he's gonna sometimes....but he ends up just talking and watching me....a huge distraction. So he is forbidden from the play room while I am working out....until he is willing to actually pick up weights.

I am going to try the 2 days low carb 1 day high diet too. Let me know how it goes for you. I didnt see bb1s post, but I happened to run across an old Cybergenics Quick Trim Program today while searching for school stuff. The diet is low, low, high on carbs. There are some other things involved with this particular 2 week program...lots of water intake, limit sodium, both morning and evening workouts, etc. This week I will be doing good just to get in my regualr workouts in the evenings. But, I am going to follow the diet.

(I had 1/2 cup of coffee this morning....starting to wonder if my hubby likes me chubby!?!?!?!)
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/14, 09:23 AM
Nah...he doesn't like you chubby...just awake in the mornings!!1/2 a cup won't kill ya...you'll be fine.I started my diet this morning...eggs and me don't get along so well in the morning,my stomach has been rolling!!I put my husband on a diet...checked his blood pressure yesterday and he is in stage one hypertension!!!scared me to death...so he got a salad for lunch today and a bunch of healthy snacks.I told him no more vending machine snacks or pizza for lunch for awhile!!I'll have to get him to run tonight...even if it's 15 minutes...it's a start!!I got my new bar and weights yesterday...but I had to get some whimpy ones!!!I picked up a bar (well tried)and it was sooo heavy.I looked and it said it was 45 pounds...just the bar.So I told my husband I needed a lighter one and he said that was the standard weight for a barbell!!!!So I got some girly ones,the bar is 9 pounds then I can add up to 50 pounds.guess I'll start there.My tummy is all bloated and I feel crappy right now...hoping this will go away soon so I can hop on the treadmill....and I want to play with my new weights today.

Hope your first day back at work went well today...let you know how I'm progressing on the diet.

I haven't forgotten you Aaron......howdy!!!:big_smile:
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/14, 09:25 AM
Sissy! LOL KC! Work up to the big girl bar! hee hee. You should and did the right thing. Start at the lighter one then move up, no t only will you not get hurt but it will be such a big ego boost when you can go back and get the 45lb one!

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/14, 09:39 AM
Well I hope so...it was pretty sad when I couldn't get the bar off the shelf!!!!!My husband tried to make me feel better and said it was because the shelf was to high.:)

It was the positioning....not me!!!
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/14, 11:42 AM
Hello everyone :) I'm well sorta new to this all. PT i'm not I used to work for the prison and I missed the PT I liked that someone stood over me and made me workout and if I didn't do it I would be out of a job. Now my problem is this I don't exactly have anyone to stand over me but myself and we all know how ourselves can be. LOL Anyways I am 24 years old 5'11" and weight in at 362 lbs. I remembered my 100lbs days and that was in elementry school to be honest. I have a very low self esteem and I wonder what others are thinking and all of that weird stuff. I did go from 319 to 250 at one time and that was when i was in job corps and had no car and had to "walk" everywhere. I ate what I wanted and I still lost the weight. I want to loose the weight seriously so I can have the hope of actually having kids and that I don't die a premature death. High B/p runs in my family as well as Heart problems and I don't want to have EARLY heart problems. I stress and worry a lot as well so I know thats part of the problem. Anyways I hold on to my memory of Job Corps and know I can loose the weight it's just the matter of me DOING it. :)
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/14, 12:00 PM
It sounds like you're in the right mind set...and you have a laundry list of reasons to start!Have you figured out what you are going to do to get the ball rolling...or are you still in the figuring it all out stage.Even if that's where you are...that's great!but give us a date that you are going to start and what your diet and exercise plan is so we can cheer you on...and get you moving even when you don't feel like it.welcome dna...now give us a plan!!:)
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/14, 12:03 PM
I used my new weights today....that was a blast!!!I've always used hand weights so this was very different for me,figuring out where to put my hands to keep the bar steady was a bit of a challenge at first..but I think I got it!!So even though my weights don't look quite as tough as I figured...at least they aren't pink!!!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/08/14, 07:16 PM
Good for you KC!!!! Your new weights are gonna be just the tool to help you reach your goals. I hope your hubby sets some health goals to work on with you. High blood pressure is nothing to play with.

(I would like pink weights...hahaha!) I use my hubbys old silver bars and weights. I have to use gloves so that they dont make hard spots on my hands. I have a weider 4 station gym in storage, that I have been thinking about often....but I dont really have the room to set it up anywhere. I have not worked out yet today....just getting in. First day was great....but still lots to do (as always). I am poooooppppped! Gonna sit and play cards with my boys for a while....trying to get the strength to go workout. Oh yeah, got to cook supper somewhere in there. Not enough hours in the day!!! (Still jealous of KC!!! I want to be a "Homemaker" when I grow up!!!)
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/14, 10:10 PM
Okay here's my plan and diet. I will admit I have a HUGE problem with "SODAS" like most americans. I have fish, salads, fruits veggies and soups in my diet. Since I have a big problem with sodas I have went from regular dr peppers to diet. I found out the turth yes they taste the same til they get hot. Far as working out I have a crunch masters dance (Salsa) workout tape, yoga tape, and a couple of tae-bo tapes. I also can go to the dirt pit behind my house which has sorta like a short track type deal and I am going to take my truck back there and find out how many circles is a mile and times it by 3 miles and do that everyday. I know that it takes at least 3 miles of walking to actually loose weight. I guess that is a good short term goal. :) I am going to go dig the tapes out and start my workout now. So August 14, 2006 will be my start date and I had started a journal for when I get depressed so I can use that to keep my thoughts and ideas for working out and dieting. :D so I will say this to me now GL Girl and I can do it.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/15, 08:51 AM
Alright dna....you're moving now!!!!!I've got to tell you though even the diet sodas aren't going to be helpful!!But switching to diet is a great start,next week think about cutting out just one and add to that every week until you're down to no more than one or two a day.Just remember to start slow...keep at it and you will be where you want to be.let us know how yesterdays workout turned out for you!!

Angel...I know you're tired!!Working a full time job is hard,then you get to come home and start your second shift.I do enjoy being here to make the kids a good breakfast and lunch and home when they get home from school so I can help with homework and make sure they stay out of trouble....but it's hard to be an at home Mom.Get's a little boring sometimes not having a life outside of the family.I adore my family they are all great but just talking to other adults about other things than the kids and the house is fun.You know what they say,the grass is always greener...I'm jealous of you because you have a career!!OH well!!I did my diet yesterday but I had TERRIBLE indigestion ALL day!!! My stomach was on FIRE!!!I feel better today but I'm terribly bloated...husband says I look cute...like a budda...real cute!!I didn't get my honey to run last night...didn't feel to good myself,but I'm keeping him on the diet so that will have to work for now.

Aaron....have you started school yet?????
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/15, 01:34 PM
Well I would call yesterdays workout a success I did do about 20 mins worth and 10 mins of stretching. I did some dancing but I'm not i will be working out today or not because I have been having some problems and the dr said it was my galbbladder or so he thinks and it's been hurting in that area all day since I woke up. Laying down only eases the pain and I have an antispasmatic but it makes me extremely sleepy. I had potato salad for lunch. I have a question maybe you guys can answer is it true that most of americas obesity comes from those that don't eat breakfast?
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/15, 01:40 PM
Not really. I think what you are trying to get at is the fact that eating more actually is better than eatingless. Let me explain that. When you skip a meal or two you are cutting calories. BUT you are also depreiving your body of the fuel it needs. This sends a signal to the brain that HEY WE ARE STARVING. This makes the brain say hey next time you eat overeat cause we do not know if or when the next meal is coming. SO to answer your question not eating breakfast is bad and can cause you to over eat later in the day hence causing obesity. Do not forget that when you wake your body has been fasting for however long you havebeen asleep. So eating 5-6 small meals thru the day is better than 1-2 very large meals.

Of course this is a very simplified way to look at it. I like it this way as I can understand it. LOL
let me know if this helped.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/15, 01:52 PM
dna...mutt hit it on the head for you.I'm not a breakfast eater...I don't like it at all...but since I've started on here and realized how important it is to eat breakfast...I started eating it.Can't say I enjoy it,but I can say it has cut down on my binge eating a great deal!!!And don't say your workout wasn't a success yesterday...it was HUGE!!!You did it and that's all that matters.sorry to hear you are not feeling well today.But do me a favor...do something..even if it's a walk around the block..or get out some canned goods and lift them over your head a couple of times.You need to let your mind know that you are now in control and it's going to to do SOMETHING 5 days a week.you don't have to do much,you don't even have to work up a sweat,you'll go to bed feeling better because you know you did it.And let's cut out the potatoe salad for lunch.I know it's hard...I adore potatoe salad but it has as much fat and carbs as a piece of cake.I'm not saying cut it out all together for the rest of your life but think of it as a treat...you could have had say a turkey sandwich and a 1/2 a cup of potatoe sald.Just start slow...you'll get there.
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/08/15, 02:59 PM
Dna, here i go with another one of my " think of it this way " post's, but its a lil bit easier on us new people to understand our bodies and how they work ok, your body is like a car's engine, needs fuel, air and spark to run properly, fuel being food, air being circulatory system and spark being our daily energy and desire to workout, with that said if you run 87 octane fuel and only put a few gallons in at a time, compared to a full tank of 94 high test, your car wont run as efficient, same goes as the air , if you smoke and/or dont do a cardio workout your are starving your " engine " for what it needs to run properly, and without energy, or spark, or desire you might as well hang it up now. i hope that made sense to you DNA...

eat less food more often to keep the fire stoked, once your body receives what it needs to work, it will start working like finally tuned motor :big_smile:

Can ya tell im a mechanic ?

--------------
For as a man thinketh in his heart, so he is. proverbs 23:7

Bill
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/15, 03:43 PM
Yep....that was my first guess...:)
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/15, 07:09 PM
:D Bill ya sound like my husban. He has a great love for cars and if you listen to him explain anything it has to do with a car so I'm used to those kinds of explinations. :) I went to the dirt pit and did a couple of laps plus I walked back there and back home. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix shrimp that is good and what could go with it?
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/16, 08:22 AM
Good for you dna!!!!I like shrimp boiled in old bay seasoning...throw in a healthy veg like steamed asparagus or artichokes and it's pretty good!Just watch your condiments...butter or mayo will turn a healthy meal into something else entirely.I'm on a very good diet...but I blew it yesterday...let myself get to hungry...and the left over cake from my sons birthday started screaming at me so I had a piece..and if that wasn't bad enough I had pralines and cream ice cream with it!!!But I got back on the wagon...gonna be good the rest of the week!let me know how your workout goes today.

How are you Angel...you doing OK with your workouts???I know it's hard but you are soooo close to your goal!!
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/16, 01:07 PM
well I was up around 4:00 am this am and I did some laudry okay I drove the clothes there but like when I went to put them in the dryer I umm walked there and then on down to the store and then back to the house. Then I walked over to my grandmothers house and back home. So I walked about 1/2 mile or so. I also cleaned house and vaccumed my house yea I guess that could be a workout since my vaccum really sucks down to the floor and it's a little tough to push. So working out is going great K C Thanks for asking :) How are you and your weights coming along?

Keep up the good work Angel....Congrats on getting so close to your goal.
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/16, 01:20 PM
I think I need to put an add in the paper saying this *WANTED Personal trainer. Hopefully local so we can walk together and etc etc etc...willing to pay so much a week* lol nah I think I got this. Get my music put the phones on and get after it. :D As Nike used to advertise "Just Do It"
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/16, 01:23 PM
Yes dna all of this counts when you are beginning!Thinking about walking places instead of driving will help alot in the long run.I wanted to give you a couple of things to try...first..green tea supplements...they give you a little burst of energy and they take the edge off of the craving...not to say they take them away all together,but it helps.you can get them at walmart for less then $10 for a 30 day supply...also try eating a 1/2 a grapefruit and drinking a whole glass of water a 1/2 hour before you eat...this really helps me cut back on what I eat portion wise.Personaly I think that should be your goal for right now...cutting back some(not drastic)your portions and getting in some kind of workout every day.

The weights are coming along...I have a blast with them...if I were at the gym I wouldn't try it...would hate to have some big jock come and tell me my weight amount is laughable..so I'm happy to work out at home!!!:big_smile:
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/16, 01:45 PM
That sounds like a reasonable goal and I will try that. Now supplements. the protien powders are they nasty? I am going to get some fish oil this weekend when I get some money. I thought about Ensure but I have heard good and bad things about that stuff.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/16, 02:14 PM
You know what I'm not sure...I do protien powder with 8 oz. of 1% milk after my workouts...to me they don't taste nasty but I have been taking in protien in a shake or bar for quite sometime.But I think that protien powder(just over $11 at walmart for a big bucket)and milk is WAY cheaper than buying ensure.You would have to send bb1fit an im in regards to the fish oil.before you go buying a bunch of stuff though..figure out what your set routine is,then decide how you're going to supplement it...ask questions before you buy.
dna_roberts
dna_roberts
United States
2006/08/16, 02:54 PM
I had already asked about the fish oil. :) I was talking to dear Mutt and he reminded me of something that is a reason why i'm so heavy. I have PCOS. So this is going to be hard and I am going to still try no matter what. :)
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/16, 02:56 PM
PCOS??? I don't mean to sound uninformed...but what is this?
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/16, 03:05 PM
just googled it...that sounds terrible...I feel for you.Are you on some kind of treatment plan???I breifly read something about a PCOS diet...what does this consist of...sorry if I'm being to forward..feel free to tell me to mind my own buissness!:big_smile:
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/08/16, 03:35 PM
Here ya go dna, one of my favorite appetizers, if we werent watching our weight id give ya my bacon wrapped scallops and shrimp w/lobster stuffing recipe, its better than sex, well maybe not but close :laugh:

I love living here close to the ocean, all the fresh veggies and seafood i can stand, wooohoooo for me, mmmmmmmmm, maybe ill pick up some salmon tonight. :big_smile:

Zucchini with Pink Shrimp
Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups zucchini
5 ounces peeled shrimp
8 ounces package fat free cream cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
A handful fine herbs such as parsley or chives
Preparation:
1. Rinse zucchini, cut off the tops and bottoms. Cut zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the middle with a small spoon.
2. Cook the zucchini halves in boiling hot water for 5 minutes, strain and refrigerate.
3. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, fine herbs, salt, and pepper.
4. Garnish zucchini with the shrimp; sprinkle with 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, then coat with the cream cheese sauce. Serve chilled.

--------------
For as a man thinketh in his heart, so he is.
Proverbs 23:7
Bill
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/16, 04:20 PM
ooohh....that sounds fabulous....my hubby will LOVE it!Where on the coast are ya bill???
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/16, 05:23 PM
Wait...let me guess....I'm thinking your a southerner...could be corpus christi...but I'm thinking probably one of the Carolinas...am I close??
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/08/16, 05:34 PM
Nopers, New england, bout 40 miles west of boston, city called worcester, 2nd biggest city in massachusetts.though im in the city, im like less than a 1-2 hours from the ocean in 3 directions, and all the skiing and foliage i can stand to the north of me. We dive for lobster around cape ann ( cape cod )in the spring and fall, its alot of fun but my wetsuit is real tight at the moment :P

--------------
\"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.\"
~ Mark Twain

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/16, 06:10 PM
Would have NEVER guessed that!!You have the laid back personality of a southerner!!Well shoot....now that I know yer a yankee I can't talk to ya no more!!!

just kidding ofcourse...I bet it's beautiful where you live.My husband was in the Navy so we have lived on most of the coasts...never went up north though...my husband doesn't like the snow.My favorite season is fall and I've always wanted to see it on the northeast coast...breathtaking I would have to imagine.OK....I'm babbeling...a problem for me sometimes!!

By the way...love the new signature!:)
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/08/16, 06:29 PM
Nothing like a moonlit walk on the beach barefoot, or a balloon ride above the foliage in september or make a snow angel with a lil kid to enhance one's love for the simple things in life. It does tend to be a lil bit of a rat race up here sometimes, but if you dont stop and look around once in awhile life just passes you by...i guess i got the laid backness from my gal, a real southern bell she was, from monroe louisiana, a real sweetheart :love:

--------------
\"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.\"
~ Mark Twain

Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/08/16, 09:03 PM
Hi everyone,

KC....how's the low low high carb going? I am doing ok, not great. Had chocolate at school. At all of our trainings, people are using bowls of chocolate as centerpeices! Today, I obstained. But Mon and Tues I endulged. Also have not gotten around to working out :(
I knew this week would be hectic, but it is more than twice as hectic as I thought. Lots of last minute changes at school. And NO paid time to adjust to the changes :angry::angry: I think I am gonna start looking for a new carear. One that I can have lunch at a table of ADULTS!

Welcome dna, Sounds like you are getting of to a good start. Making progress. Taking steps in the right direction. Keep it up!

Bill...you sound like a great cook. mmmmm the shrimp recipe sounds yummy. And....your belle is from my home state. Louisiana.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/17, 08:24 AM
That's what I thought....Angel is our own little southern bell from Louisiana...with her matching workout outfits,and desire for pink weights....don't let her fool you though...she's one tough mama!!!

I'm doing very well with the new diet...yesterday was carb day and life was good.Still having trouble stomaching those eggs in the morning though.With your job it's always hard to go back when you have been out for awhile...things will calm down...hang in there!!

Aaron....my little stud muffin in the red shorts....where ya at?????
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/17, 08:56 AM
hey guys....asimmer posted a thread in the obesity forum titled "12 easy steps for those who need help"...a really nice read if you're interested.
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 of 8 pages resultset_next resultset_last