Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Buddy up?

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 of 8 pages resultset_next resultset_last
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/07/14, 01:03 PM
K, so is everyone quiting after 12 weeks? cause that woudnt be cool... i bought that soft tape, yall are making me buy stuff and just quiting on me... thanks alot... haha just kidding, but anyway i hope yall just dont quit...

weight 161.8 +.8
waist 29.5 +.25
thigh 22 +.75
Calf 14.5 +.25
Chest 38.5 +.5
bicep 13.25 same
forearm 10 +.5

i think im the complete opposite of you two at the moment, all i want is to stay about 160 and gain muscle... and you guys want to lose weight and size, and im happy i increased in size:dumbbell::laugh::cool: lol

--------------
-Aaron

I feel lighter. Maybe I lost some weight. All that dilly dallying.

Running from the inside, and your age... is core-age. (courage)
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/07/14, 01:08 PM
And that weight isnt so bad after this week was "see how many sweets aaron can eat in a week" week, lol i ate so unhealthy, im so excited for my last year of high school to start, and the college... GREAt ... (sarcasm) lol hopefully i will stay in shape through all of that... oh and last night i ate half of a cheesecake, no matter what diet im on cheesecake is ALWAYS in it lol thats the one thing i wont give up... haha lol good job on your losses and keep goin strong , I cut my food yesterday taking out the trash so running is outta the question for a bit, me and my friends are also going to Dallas for the weeekend (19th-24th) so i wont check in that friday but right when i get back i will check in,

--------------
-Aaron

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/14, 01:51 PM
Who says we're quitting!?!We just gave ourselves 12 weeks to get to a certain point!And I didn't know we were going to break your bank with a .97 cent measure!!!J/K!!

Glad you told ud you were going out of town next weekend so we don't have to worry ourselves again!!I'm sure you'll do fine with your goals in college...if you go easy on the beer!!!Congrats on your gains.And I have to say next time you eat a half a cheesecake eat a slice for me!!!I would have gained 5 pounds by the next day doing that!!Have a great weekend kiddo!!!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/14, 02:12 PM
WOW KC! Congrats on the losses and feeling great!!! It is wonderful that you were able to adjust to your change in schedule and more demands. GREAT JOB!!!

And yes....I know...I am pouting....but I do realize I have made some good progress. It just seems the more I loose....the better I look....the more I want to loose...the better I want to look. All this late night candle light dancing has reminded me I have dancers legs under all that blubbler (really I took dance for years even competed)....and I am ready to see them now!!!! Just being impatient....I know, I know....It didnt take 12 weeks to get all that blubber on...might take a little longer to get it off!!!

Aaron....I am not quitting at 12 weeks. 12 weeks is just the beginning for me! My 1st goal was to drop some weight this summer and run in a 5K. After that I want to keep working on increasing my running. (or turn my jogging into really running) AND...My hubby has been talking about a cruise...wants to go in Dec. or Jan.... and I have a whole new set of goals to complete for the trip. So.....I am not quiting either, just getting started good.....
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/14, 02:20 PM
PS I am going out of town too. Leaving Thurday coming back Sunday. Still trying to decide where to go...but the sitter is booked. Taking my husband away for a couple days. :big_smile:
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/14, 02:45 PM
:(:(:(:(:(....

What am I going to do all by myself!!!!!I'm already a little goofy...talking to myself might put me over the edge!!!Alright,now I'm pouting!You guys have fun!!!
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/07/14, 03:34 PM
angel... bow chicka bow wow lol :laugh:

kc i might check in on my grandfathers comp in dallas i might talk to you some time... not promising though lol

--------------
-Aaron

Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/19, 06:54 AM
Hey Guys....I assume we are all too busy working out and eating right to post!?! I've been having some computer problems....thats my excuse. Someone spilled a snowball right on my keyboard....I replaced it with an old one. But now I am looking for a new puter.

Anyway, my workouts have not felt as good this week. Still doing them, but dont feel as strong. Even had to drop back in weights on a couple exercises. I guess we all have good days and bad!?!

Going to jog now....before the sun comes up. Thinking that beating the heat may help me get in a better run.
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/07/19, 08:13 AM
I havent been working out at all, this Dallas trip has been alot of planning and persauding my mom, she is so nervous and im leaving today, dont tell anyone but im nervous about driving for 5hours, lotta time to mess up and not take the right road... well im off, keep up the good work... talk to you ladies on the 24th

--------------
-Aaron

Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/19, 08:19 AM
Have a great time Aaron. Have fun and be safe.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/19, 09:26 AM
Ahhhh...our little Aaron out for his first road trip!!!have a good time i'm sure all will go well,we'll be looking forward to hearing from you on the 24th.

Hey Angel...I haven't done any workouts so far this week..work has been kicking my butt.As soon as I'm off here I'm hitting the treadmill though.You're right though I have good weeks and bad weeks too.But I know that if I stick with it will all come off eventually!!Do you have your plans together for your weekend getaway together yet???
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/19, 11:17 AM
WWHHEEEWW!!! Ok I did my run...and it was ROUGH!!!It took an extra 2 and a 1/2 minutes but I got through it.I wanted to quit a couple of times but I didn't want to hop on here and tell you I quit.I did some push ups and squats in anticipation of picking up the weights again next week,and I've lost alot of strength.But I did it...I know tomorrow will be harder than today,but it will get better soon!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/19, 10:31 PM
Good for you KC. Glad to hear you stuck it out. I know....sometimes its tough. My workouts still are not feeling as strong as I would like. Running before and during the sun coming up is good for me...hopefully i will be able to awaken early enough to do that more often.

PS...Hubby has to work Friday....maybe even Saturday morning.:(.....gonna go next weekend instead...already rescheduled the sitter. :)
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/20, 05:23 PM
Well I must say I am not looking forward to tomorrow!!!How did it get to be thursday already???I went out to dinner with my husband last night and after 3 glasses of wine a huge plate of pasta and a black tie mousse cake for dessert sounded like a reasonable food choice!!!My poochy tummy this morning says other wise!!!I did my run today but it didn't feel to hot...so tomorrow will be no fun I think!!Any how sorry about your trip getting post poned...but now you have more time to plan for something REALLY exciting!!!"see" you tomorrow.
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/21, 09:04 AM
KC...that sounds like a wonderful dinner....mmmmmmm

OK KC (and Aaron when you get back)..... My workouts this week were weak. I have been preoccupied making a powerpoint DVD of pics of me and my hubby....to our wedding dance song for our 10th anniversary.... "A Decade Shared....." (A DECADE...WHEW! I AM GETTING OLD!!!) It turned out SPECTACULAR! We went out to eat last night...hubby, the kids, and me.... (We always celebrate with the kids first...then without.) thought I did ok, ate fish and salad. No desert. But...went to my mom's to drop off the kids. She threw us a lil surprise party (a lot of people who couldnt wait to see the DVD) had cake...who could resist? Came home and had wine... Now I know why my hubby postponed the trip until NEXT weekend....

Anyway...to the important part....PROGRESS CHECK....I am sad to say that didnt make ANY progress this week....the scale says the same....measurements the same...well...at least NO GAINS. Still looking into supplements, just want to be careful.
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/21, 09:07 AM
PS.... Gonna ring in the New Years on a cruise (Anniversary Gift)....so guys...I have 5 more months of some new goals....
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/21, 11:19 AM
WOW!!!! A cruise!!!We've been looking into one for a while now,my parents used to take us once a year when we were kids...too much fun!!!And the food...my god you never stop eating!My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary September 3rd...don't know if I'll be able to do fish and a salad though...so you should be very proud of yourself!!And who could pass up a little anniversary cake????

As for me I did show some losses...1.7 all together.not to impressive but i'm still pleased.I'm going to do something today i haven't done yet...post my measurements!!!Ahhh...it's a little scarey.But I'm going to post where I started in April to what I'm at today so it doesn't look so bad!!So here goes....

April 7 Today

arms-13 arms-11.9
chest-37.5 chest-34.2
back-39.2 back-36
waist-36.5 waist-31.8
pelvis-39.6 pelvis-35.5
hips-40.5 hips-37.8
legs-24.1 legs-22
For a total of 23.5 inches lost in 3 months and a week..so I have 17.5 inches to go to be to where I want to be.With out you guys to check in with I probably would have quit already...so Thanks!!!
:)

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/21, 11:21 AM
Yikes...I dunno how my post got so long...sorry!!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/21, 02:17 PM
WOW KC!!!! You are doing INCREDIBLE!!!! You must be VERY pleased!!!! I am extremely impressed!!! And...WOW 10 years for you too! Thats a lot you know! As my 8 year old said last night...."about 3650 days"

I am excited about the cruise. (though I kinda knew it was coming...he has been hinting a lot) Perfect timing for me....I think it will be just the motivation I need to keep on the right track with fitness goals.

"Life....is what you make it...." I am gonna work on making this next decade absoulutely unforgetable.....
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/21, 02:19 PM
continuing that thought...

Starting this week....
7 days till progress check....gonna make each one count!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/24, 11:02 AM
Ok the weekend is over and I didn't do to bad!Food wise at least...now I've got to hit the treadmill and really make it count.
How was your weekend Angel???Have you got your weekend getaway planned??

Aaron...are you back yet???I'm sure you had a blast..tell us all about it!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/24, 11:31 AM
I did ok during the weekend. My workouts felt stronger than they have been. But, didn't do as well as I should have with food....went out to eat too many times....and, hubby fried fish last night. I'm gonna workout twice a day Mon, Tues, and Wed. Gonna run Thurs AM. Leaving Thursday evening for a Tennessee trip. Be back late Sunday night. Starting to feel some pressure....summer is almost over, and though I have made good progress, I'm not where I want to be.
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/07/24, 09:01 PM
Just got back today at about 2:30, the trip was fun, we went to six flags, a batting cage, hurrican harbor, the zoo, and 2 different malls, it was real fun and i didnt get lost once... i didnt eat good at all throughout the trip but i found a scale and it said 165, so its not that bad and the cheesecake that i left here is old so thats gone so no more temptation lol, good job on your loses KC your doing Awesome, this progress check is going to suck for me, hope yours will be better ladies... tonight I ate some chick-fil-a but I had the grilled thing... so i guess its not that bad right? lol talk to you later (my email inbox had alot of emails saying someone posted on here lol)

--------------
-Aaron

fawnjem
fawnjem
United States
2006/07/26, 05:45 AM
I am new here. I have a treadmill and a home gym that uses thick rubber weight bands. I want to get started but have alot of trouble with procrastination. I need someone to encourage me and keep me going. I need to lose 30-35lbs. and tone everything up. Would anyone in here mind giving me a bit of help. My schedule doesn't really line up with the fitness program that has been set up for me. They have me on work, rest, work, rest, work, rest, and rest, but with my 12hr. night shifts I work 2 off 2 work 3 off 2 work 2 and off 3. So I guess I am going to need to readjust it just a little bit. I really want to do this but I know I just won't be able to keep it up alone. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/26, 08:42 AM
Welcome back Aaron!!!!We've missed you!!!I'm so glad you had a great trip!!!And the fact that you took the time to find a scale is great!Now it's time to hop back on the wagon.I haven't done much myself in the last couple of days,and I had taco bell for dinner last night so I'm not being so good myself...but every day is a new day!

Angel I'm glad to hear your workouts are feeling stronger.The heat this time of year is awful so I think we can all give ourselves a pat on the back for doing anything and still pushing through even though we feel we aren't doing such a great job.

fawn....we'd be happy to have you.I work nights myself so I know it's a struggle.The only thing you can do is start some where.Let us know when you get a routine that's comfortable...one you know will work for you,check in with us as often as you like through the week,and do a progress check on friday.Even if you start by just checking in and getting lots of new info from the site,it's a start.Then you can incorporate some of your new knowledge about nutrition and fitness to your daily life and get started.Welcome...and have fun!!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/26, 08:29 PM
hi guys.....Welcome back Aaron! Glad you had a good time. KC...work still going well? Welcome fawnjem, we'll be glad to help.
OK, so...this week I have been workin out hard....doing a good job on stickin to my exercise plan. But, not doing good at all on the diet lately. Keep saying I'm gonna get a plan and stick to it. Looks like to get these last pounds off I'm gonna need to count calories, make a menu plan, etc. Or something!?!
fawnjem
fawnjem
United States
2006/07/27, 08:57 AM
Thanks KC and Angel, I think I'm going to need all the help I can get. My exercise program starts on Saturday but I think I might try to get a head start by getting on my treadmill on Friday. Is there a starting out pace and distance that I should go for? I don't want to overdo it but I also don't want to wimp out either. Should I start out walking or jogging? I hope your workouts are going well and as for the diets, like you said, "Every day is a new day". :big_smile:
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/27, 11:33 AM
hey Angel....work is fine,I just am so tired on the days I work I just don't want to do the exercise!!But my diet goes well on those days....as for diet the last couple of days have been pretty bad.I think it's my period(sorry Aaron!)coming,it makes me crave sweets pretty bad.But yes,I think for us to really get this last few pounds coming off we should really concentrate on what foods we're eating.What do you say next week we start really focusing on that...not to say our workouts aren't important,but really start counting the calories???

Fawn....when I started I went for time and not distance.Get your body used to the idea that it's going to be working for a set amount of time on your designated days.So I would say walk....say 20 minutes the first couple of days then bring it to a slow jog.I like to do the hiit training(you can type it into the "fit buddy" below and get lots of info on this)I'm not to fast so I like to walk at 3 and run at 7 every other minute for 20 minutes then I run out the rest of my three miles at 5.5.Keep in mind I'm at three miles after about 4 months of working out so start small,just make sure you are increasing your time or speed every week or two.Do what works best for you,as long as you are doing a little more today than yesterday you will make progress!!!!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/27, 05:50 PM
"....Just another day in paradise...."

OK...has anybody heard that country song!?! Anyway, that is what my life feels like this week. Weekend trip canceled...and this time its not cause I'm getting a surprise party. My oldest needed to go to the doc yesterday, nothing serious, but a condition we have been keeping an eye on for awhile. He has to go back in tomorrow AM for a simple outpatient procedure that will fix the problem. So, we will be home taking care of him and soothing his nerves. Tennessee will still be there when my baby is all better!

OK KC, you are right that is exactly what I need....to focus on calories. I am proud of myself for sticking to the workouts....I am much firmer and more energetic. I am noticing I have the energy to get those little things done in the evenings that I used to put off. But I need to get serious with the diet. This summer with diet I have done good for a while, then not, then good, then not. So, whats the plan? Should we get a calorie chart? Make a menu? Log what we eat? (My son just made brownies...he is the "BEST BROWNIE MAKER IN THE SOUTH"...going now to distribute the sweets to family and friends...before I eat them all.) I'll be thinking about how I'm gonna improve diet this week....let me know if you guys have some ideas.
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/27, 05:50 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/28, 10:49 AM
OK...today is friday right???
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/28, 11:06 AM
yep it is,thought I was confused!!!I see Angel got deleted....what did ya do????Guess you can't really say or you'll get it again!Sorry to hear your trip got canceled.I hope all goes well with your son.

As far as counting calories and doing spread sheets....I've tried that and it's to complicated for me so I end up not doing it.For me I would like to log in what I'm eating and be accountable that way.I'm going to shoot for no carbs after 4,a low calorie lunch a good breakfast and 2-3 small snacks and NOOOO sweets!!!So I'll just be writing in what I ate for the day.I like to take one day off on the weekend where I eat what I want I just can't go crazy.This works best for me...but if you want to count your calories and log them in I'll be happy to read them.

fawn...I don't know if you've read this whole thread but Aaron is our runner so his advice is good....not to mention he has recently lost 80 pounds!!The only thing I differ with him on is the running on an empty stomach...there is alot of contradicting info on this site about it...I have read that if you have extra fat stores to spare you will burn those better if running on an empty stomach...but what Aaron says makes sense,so I don't know.For me it is more comfortable to run in the morning on an empty stomach then have a protien shake right after and breakfast an hour or so after that.Find what works best for you then let us know....good luck!!
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/07/28, 03:48 AM
Kc, its fine that your starting your period, ive learned that its a good thing :laugh:. And if men had periods ive been on mine for a month (with all the sweets cravings)

Kc and Angel, if you have microsoft works, or somethin you can start a spreadsheet or something for calories and what you eat, just thought i might throw that out there.

Welcome fawn, walking and running are completely different, for example if you walked for an hour say you would burn 50 calories, but if your running your can burn more than 2x that easily, but its more strenuous, and works your joints, your legs wont bulk up if you run, if you do decide to run dont do it on an empty stomach, it will only eat away at the muscle, not the fat, found that out after doing that for about a month, so i had to bulk back up after that, also if your going to do any type of exercise stretch, stretch, stretch, if you run especially, ive actually got a shin splint because i didnt stretch to well, stretch real good, lol, if you want to improve on running, improve on other things to, if you work out your stomach it will help you breath because of your diafram, will push that last part of unused oxygen or co2 or whatever out and more space for usable oxygen, and your shoulders so you can go "cheek to cheek" or from butt cheek to face cheek, lol, it will help stability and strides,
You might want to start with time, then maybe distance, but always increase your speed because after you get into shape your body will burn less calories, i actually read on this site an example that was ... pretty cool it said somethin about you running with an olympic runner, and him/her burning alot less calories than you would if you ran with him/her.
for me running is different, my distance is 3miles so right now im working on stamina and time, and its still not where i want it to be, so it sucks, hopefully this was helpful to you, btw, dont use ankle weights it messes with your joints in your legs, if anything get a weight vest, they are a tad expesive though, like 50 for a 20lbs vest,

one more thing for everyone here, if your running, try to use a different pair of shoes everytime so it doesnt wear down your feet in the same places, and it will cause less irrtation, found that out about 2 days ago,

if you have any more questions about running ask me because ide be glad to find out, and maybe ill learn somethin new also,

well check in on friday, good luck, i need it, haha,

--------------
-Aaron

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/28, 11:17 AM
Whoops!!!I forgot to do my check in.
waist 31.5 -.3
pelvis 35 -.5
hips 37 -.8
all else the same...nothing to write home about...probably why I forgot in the first place!!!
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/07/28, 01:00 PM
Angel your deleted post was an exact copy of the one above it, I saw it before it was deleted.

Congrats on your losses ladies, I'm not going to put in my measurments this week because i didnt do any weight training, im mainly going to start focusing on my legs and running.

Scale says 162
so thats not that bad for all the sweets I had,my times in my running are getting better, i think, im keeping up with my friends for atleast a mile, then when half of the workout is done they just take off and i wanna shoot em... lol jk,

sorry my last post was so long, I suscribed to 2 magazines lately, Runners World and Mens Health, so if you wanna know somethin about running... i got ya... lol and maybe mens health too haha well im off

Congrats ladies

--------------
-Aaron

Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/28, 12:27 PM
Hey guys...??? I wonder about my "deleted" post ??? The last post I made is the one just before the "deleted message".... I didn't post another since. And, I wouldn't post inappropriate stuff anyway.....hmmmmm???
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/28, 12:45 PM
OK, so yes its Friday. Not much to note for progress here. Lost 1/4 off my waist. My hips are starting to appear slimmer. Scale says 133lbs, which is a 1lb gain. Which means....I really need to kick into high gear with the diet. So....

I'm gonna log my food too KC. (maybe try to see about how many calories I am actually putting in) The diet plan I have chosen is from "Perfect Parts" by Raheal McLish. Real simple to follow.
BREAKFAST: oatmeal with a banana or egg whites and wheat toast
LUNCH and SUPPER : baked or broiled fish or chicken with 3 full cups of veggies
SNACKS: One mid morning and one evening snack...fresh fruit or veggies.
Also, starting a "Loose weight group." Me, 3 of my aunts, and my mom are gonna start meeting on Sunday nights to plan menus for the week, weigh in, ect. Gonna even have a "kitty" to win each week (this will help my gambling aunts stay motivated...haha).
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/07/28, 02:10 PM
Hey Angel that sounds great...that's pretty much how I'll be eating,you'll have to let me know what your diet schedule for the week is.Thats a great idea about the kitty!!!!I wish I could do something like that!Everybody I know is content with being fat...so no luck for me.In fact I'm starting to hear "you're to skinny" at 155 pounds!!!!So it will be real ugly when I hit 140...their might be a "intervention" planned!!!Silly...but it's OK,as long as I'm happy they can kiss my can!!

I know what you mean about running with people Aaron...I used to run with my husband but he always blew me out of the water so it wasn't much fun.But now that he's out of the military he hasn't run at all and put on about ten pounds...so I might just have to put him to a challenge!!

Alright I hope you guys have a great weekend...looking forward to getting my diet in order next week!!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/29, 02:38 PM
OK guys, I'm going to keep my diet this week very easy. Breakfast will be oatmeal. Lunch all week will be baked chicken, a potato, and steamed veggies (whatever fresh veggies I find at the stand today). Supper will be baked talapia (one night salmon) a steamed veggie and a tossed green salad. Morning snack will be 1/2 cup plain yougurt with 1/4 cup granola and fresh fruit. Evening snack will be some prebagged fresh veggies. Keeping it real simple all week.

Very excited about "the get skinny club". Word spreads fast, 9 people signed up so far. Meeting at my Mom's house (Grand Central Station) tomorrow night to start the weigh in. I need to loose the least amount of weight...so I am at a disadvantage as far as loosing the most lbs. But, it will be fun to be accountable.
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/07/29, 02:51 PM
Aaron, the spreadsheet is a great idea. I am going to do one for the week right after I get off here. Also, think I'm going to pull out my journal this week....put down my thoughts on my progress and motivation for contiuing toward my fitness goals. If you run across any ideas on building running stamina and distance (in your new wealth of resources), please share. I have been jogging since April and comfortable with walking to warm up, jogging 2 miles, and then walking to recover. Have pushed a little farther on "long run" days but not much and not often. I want to get serious about increasing distances. Even wondering if maybe I should be running everday???

OK fawn....today,s your start day right? How did it go? Did you workout yet? Let us know.....
kayley290
kayley290
United Kingdom
2006/07/30, 08:11 PM
hi everybody, its good to see everybody doing so well i just wish i could do that well, i dont have the motivation you all have. i could do with some help if anybody wants to :big_smile: . i would like to get fit and healthy for my 18th which is in about a month. i know i cant lose loads of weight and get really thin in that time but id just like to get a little bit toned by then. i would really appreciate any help or tips or anything

--------------
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
k a y l e y
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/01, 04:02 PM
I'm such a dope...I hit post new topic instead of post it and just lost my whole post!!!Oh well...I just wanted to see how your new diet workout is coming along Angel.I'm doing good....NO SWEETS!!!Yeah!!
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/08/01, 09:20 PM
KC....the logging what I eat is doing wonders!!!! Sticking to it really. No sweets and the only cheat I did was instead of fish last night, I had 1/2 chicken salad sandwich with my salad. My mother in law had sent them over, and she makes the best. Keep up the good work KC...I think we may just get the victory this time!!!
fawnjem
fawnjem
United States
2006/08/02, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone Sorry I haven't written in a couple days. It's hard when I'm working. Worked Monday night 12 hours and Tuesday night 12 hours. Just finished up this morning. Now I'm off for 2 days and go back for long weekend Fri, Sat, Sun. 36 hours in 3 days sucks. Worked out some Saturday, sore the next day. I didn't realize how out of shape I had let myself get. Alot of nursing is paperwork, so that gives you alot of time on your butt.:( I did lose a pound. I've been trying to watch what I eat. Trying for apricots, plums, blueberries, and bananas for snacks. Slipped a couple of times and had chips. I guess this is going to take time. :big_smile:
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/03, 01:36 PM
Good job Angel...I know you're looking forward to tomorrows weigh in.I was .....but we went to six flags yesterday and didn't exactly stick to a diet!!!I'll have to make sure I get my run in today!!Well I had to quit my job!!!I gave a fraud,waste and abuse tip to my manager with the assurance that my name would be kept out of it,but that moron went around using my name to question employees(that weren't even there when it happened)with a very blunt "KC said...." and it spread like wild fire that I was a rat...and working there at night with the guy that was stealing(literally 100's of dollers worth of food in one night)didn't seem to safe.I was so mad,that manager is an idiot!!!!So no more excuses for awhile as to why I'm not doing my workout!!!

fawn...glad to see you!!!My husband was an RT in the Navy so I know sitting around at night time can add a pound or two!!so congrats on the pound lost!!Keep at it and you'll see results!

TTYL!!!!!:)
Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/08/04, 09:08 AM
It's Friday.....

The scale says 132 lbs. I left my tape at mom's so I dont have measurements this week. But I feel good. The writing down what I eat helped a lot. I'm gonna keep doing it.

KC....sorry to hear about your job. The manager does sounds like an idiot. (I want to quit my job too....hahaha) I went to work Thursday. And, I start back regularly on Monday. I don't have to report until the following week. But, have bulletin boards to post, copies to make, stuff to organize, etc. And, I don't know any teachers who can only work when they are paid. I am going to really try to keep up the workouts....going to have to stick to a pretty tight schedule these next couple of weeks...lots to do.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/04, 09:32 AM
Ahh...you can do it Angel!!The food part is actually alot easier to do when your working,not so much time to think about all the stuff you WANT to eat!!Sunday is your big day at home to weigh huh??Hope you win the pot of money that'll be fun!!My measurements are-
arm 11.8 -.1
chest 34 -.2
back 35 - 1.
waist 31 -.5
pelvis 34.5 -.5
hips 37 -.8
legs 21 -.1
For a total of 3.2 inches gone.Now I'm gonna have to really watch though.When I was working I walked ALOT plus picking up heavy trays all the time,and not being able to eat whenever I wanted has contributed to my losses lately ...so now I have to be extra careful!!!

OK Aaron....your turn!!!
AaronWiggles
AaronWiggles
United States
2006/08/04, 05:44 PM
k, well cross country has started for the season, so ive been picking it up on my running, we are going to run 2miles tonight at 7, and my runs now have totaled to 8.86 miles in 6 days, not too good but i ran 2 miles on my own today

the scale says 163, my average mile time is 9.03 its not too good i ran a 7.46 mile today so im trying to push myself gotta beat phil lol,

ive been finished about 15 seconds behind him lately, but the good news is i havent had my inhailer so ive been weezing ill post a thing up tonight if i beat him if he shows up, but if you know anythbing about running 15 seconds is ALOT so wish me luck, ttyl

--------------
-Aaron

Angel220
Angel220
United States
2006/08/06, 05:26 PM
Hi Guys, Great job KC....the inches are melting off you!!! Aaron, I know as competitive as you are, the cross country will really spur you on. Phil is gonna eat your dust!

I have a confession.....I cheated ALL weekend. My hubby whisked me away Friday afternoon.....off to the beach.... I had boudin, ice cream, frozen coffees, a shrimp poboy, fast food, a chocolate donut, and boiled seafood. Hehehe! Good news is.....when I weighed in at my mom's today the scale still went down to 131!?! Must have been all that walking on the beach!?! I did not win the kitty....my aunt lost 6.5 pounds in a week!!!! But it was fun checking in. Only 1 of the 9 people playing gained.

This is going to be a hard week for me to keep up my workouts. Busy Busy Busy. But I am gonna do it....even if I have to stay up till midnight!!!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/07, 11:22 AM
OK...now I don't feel so bad this was a BAD weekend for me too!!!!All the back to school shopping had us out all weekend so it was all eating out!!!I think I gained ten pounds...don't know for sure but it sure feels like it!!So I'm waiting for the coffee to kick in then I HAVE to do my workout!!!
Let us know how it goes Aaron!!!Good luck!!
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 of 8 pages resultset_next resultset_last