Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Disappointment vs. satisfaction

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/05/18, 11:32 AM
There is a fine line between disappointment and satisfaction. As you might guess from the title, there was disappointment last night, but also satisfaction. The disappointment stems from not winning first place. The satisfaction comes from knowing you were the best you could be. Bodybuilding is a very individual sport. The very best you can do is achieve the very best physique that you can attain. There is nothing you can do about the competition, you never know who is going to show up, how good they will be, what the judges will see, etc. I placed 3rd in the Masters, and 2nd in my crossover. I do take satisfaction in the fact that as I look back on preparing for this competition, I did my very best. I was at my very best ever, nothing I would have or could have changed to tweak a bit more out. No regrets on my preparation. So, I walked away with 2 more nice trophies, not quite the ones I wanted, but still nice. 2nd isn’t too bad, but the competitiveness in me leaves a bit of disappointment lingering. It was a long show, we didn’t get home till midnight, and I had some of the best spaghetti and 3 cheese garlic bread, along with a couple Michelobs. My wife is proud of me,I did my best. Thanks to all who rooted for me, and wished me well. Was a very nice feeling. Here’s to all of you in good health, to all live to fight another day! Thanks. I will post some pics, should have some good ones. And Rev, I got to tell you, Guido and Veto better be pretty bad asses. Those judges, 9, were some pretty big guys! And two females, I think they may be able to handle them!! LOL…

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
Ogun
Ogun
United States
2003/05/18, 12:03 PM
File an appeal. You should have won. I bet O.J. did it.

--------------
--There are no versions of the truth.--
Jeff Goldblum, Jurassic Park II
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/05/18, 06:09 PM
Wooo Woooo, I am so proud of him, he was so cut and he was so ready, he hit every pose on the mark. 3rd place up against 9 in the masters. Last year there was only 5 in the Masters and he placed 3rd that time, so it is in my opinion he did even better this year even though he placed the same, he was up against more competition. And the crossover, he had 30 years on those boys and took 2nd. Kisses and hugs to you baby, you are my star and I will always be your biggest fan. :)

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!

THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/05/18, 06:59 PM
Glad to see you took it anyway. Ron you are in the top 3!!!
Look at the ones in the line behind you. they didn't come as close.
Nice work Ron.! Congratulations.

--------------
We must become the change we want to see.

Ivan Montreal Canada (aka SpongeBob Square Pants to some!)
t-babe
t-babe
United Kingdom
2003/05/19, 06:28 AM
Congratulations on your placement. Can understand your disappointment but it is still a huge achievement and a testament to the work you put in.
Be proud of it, you should be.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/05/19, 07:18 AM
wELL NICE JOB! YOU DONE GOOD! lol NEXT YEAR WILL BE THE YEAR!

--------------
deadlifts rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2003/05/19, 07:31 AM
Always an inspiration, BB1! Kudos!

TSMD
jefado
jefado
United States
2003/05/19, 12:28 PM
I'm with Ogun....file an appeal...LOL...
Sandy...that's just so darn sugary SWEET :o) of a post to your hubby <smile>
How lucky :o) to have the greatest support from each other.
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2003/05/19, 12:42 PM
Yo BB1,

You want dat me and da boys should go mess somebody up for ya?

Vinny da Saxman
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2003/05/19, 01:30 PM
Missed the part about Rev's "business partners" Guido and Veto, and the size of the 9 bad-ass judges. Hmmmmm. Neverind about Vinny da Saxman. BB1, sorry, bro, you're on your own!

TSMD
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/05/19, 01:52 PM
Major congrats on the placing, but I definitely believe you should have taken first in both! Just use these results as high octane fuel for the next comp!

And you don't know Guido and Veto like I do.... LOL!

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/05/20, 01:33 AM
I thought about you last Saturday, thinking that you'd be on stage....... (in France it was the Finals last weekend but I didn't want to participate).

We learn so much after each competition and that will always be worth the whole suffering and determination.

Good job Ron!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/05/20, 02:34 PM
Great Placing, BBfit1 ! It is hard to acknowledge your own achievements and not focus on the disappointment. The fact that you brought your best physique to the show is what is important, and besting those boys for 2nd is no small thing, you look better than most of the masters that compete in this area. sandtford is right - third out of nine is a bigger accomplishment than third out of five.
Another experience to bring you that much closer next time. It will fire you up after you have had some recovery time. Keep it up!!

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/05/20, 02:56 PM
Hey Rev: I just wanted you know that I named the trophy's Guido and Veto. And I also call them the boys!! lol

--------------

THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/05/20, 04:56 PM
ROFLMAO! You are a nut! That is tooooooo good. I would love to see it when Ron shows them to someone: "And this is Guido and Veto..."

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/05/20, 11:37 PM
We took them to the gym today and I introduced them as Guido and Veto and told the girl at the desk that I was taking them back to the car and putting them in their car seats. (just kidding about the car seats but it did get a good laugh.)

--------------