Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Esteban el Plano

1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/03, 02:05 PM
My god-daughter is having a project call the "Esteban el Plano" (Flat Stanley). She made a flat person (Esteban)which she has to mail to me and I pass it on to others around the nation...or better yet, the country.

This is the key...pay attention. My best friend knew I belonged to this site and she wanted to add a fitness theme to it. In other words, every place I send Esteban too, will have photos of someone performing some type of fitness, photos, etc. and also include a landmark photo from there town. They can take Esteban on any outing they choose, a hike, dinner, the gym, etc.

I am going to use my home as Esteban base, so what I want to do is I will mail Esteban out to whomever would like to join in on this fun, then have them send Esteban back to me and then I send it on to the next person and so on and so on until I finally ship Esteban back home to Seattle, WA for Jaida (my god-daughter) to show to her class.

You can check out the link below for more information on the Stanley project. If you are seriously interested in participating you will make one 7 year old girl very, very happy, as well as myself.

Please respond back to me and I will send out further details.

Esteban arrives at his first stop, Las Vegas, NV, next week, which I will take him with me to St. Louis, MO for my trip and then will send him on to the next person in line.

Your cost? A postage stamp back to me, a little bit of time and a few photos and lots of fun!

Thanks!

Bettia

www.flatstanleyproject.com

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/04/03, 02:44 PM
What about Canada? Are we good for it?

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/03, 02:45 PM
Heck ya! Anywhere...:)

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2008/04/03, 03:21 PM
Shit yea, id walk barefoot a 1/2 mile on glass and nails to make you happy RB, you know that, and the same for someone you love....

When is esteban due back to jaida ( love that name btw ) ? Ive got a deep sea fishing trip coming up the end of may and i could possibly get a few pics of some whales on the trip and some good pics of the beach and so fourth, and when you send esteban back, get me the schools address, ill mail a few dozen Monarch butterfly's im raising, just started a new hobby, mailman just dropped of my 1st litter of caterpillars as we speak, so im going to go play now...

:love:

--------------
What you do in life, will echo forever in eternity.

----------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Bill

yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/04/03, 04:12 PM
I'd love to help out, although my town doesn't have much of a landmark haha. I'm sure I could think of something though. Do we have to take pictures of us working out too?
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/03, 04:46 PM
Well if you want to take a pic of you actually benching with him next to you, that would be awesome, but no, it's not necessary. Maybe just an actual pic of you in front of the gym you workout at, etc.

It is up to each person as to how creative they would like to get with their photos, so long as they are age appropriate. :)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/04/03, 05:01 PM
Sure... I think I can be in on this... never heard of Flat Stanley till a few weeks ago when a young man came in with one at my work. Cool.

t
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/04/03, 05:27 PM
What is the size of Stanley? Can I put him in my Gym Bag?

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/03, 05:36 PM
WHy Ivan, are you too embarassed to walk around with him in plain sight? LOL...

I would love to get some of you big, burly, muscle guys in on this too, along with Ivan, Bill & Tim :) to strut your stuff with Esteban.

I am not sure his exact size, will not know until I get him early next week, he was mailed out to me today from Seattle.

I will keep updating more information as we progress.

BTW, Tim, The reason he is called Esteban el Plano is because my god-daughter goes to a spanish school. :)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/04/03, 06:17 PM
Ya.. figured so.. when I saw the title I thought it was about a trip on a plane somewhere.. my Spanish ain't so good... senora... or is that senorita? ;)

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/03, 06:33 PM
Soy un senorita, el querido amigo, no una senora., un senorita. :)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/04/03, 06:34 PM
So, I'm guessing, senorita?

--------------

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/03, 06:45 PM
Yes Tim, not a Mrs. a Miss or rather a Ms. if I want to be mysterious...lol.

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/04/03, 06:45 PM
Ooooo.. gotcha... ;)
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/04/03, 10:05 PM
Right!

--------------

Ivan

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/04/03, 11:34 PM
I can't pass on this...bring Estaban on! We will get him up in the mountains! Maybe with a big horn sheep. Anything to make a kid happy.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/04, 12:35 AM
I love you guys and girls....now I am calling on a favorite Irish boy, okay so you are a man now....you know who you are. PLEEEEEZE? You will get a big hug from me in Nov. When I visit Rochester. As far as the other Rochester boy, well it's just expected of you....lol. I'll call Chris to set it up. :)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2008/04/04, 03:37 AM
Would you like to send Esteban to Sweden? We have projects like that here as well, but usually with soft toys that are passed along by strangers around the world. I live in a small township that has so healthy air that it has an old sanatorium that is still in use.

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there... one kg at a time...
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/04/04, 08:45 AM
excuse me but "BOY"? Last time I looked I was ALL MAN!

Of Course I will do it but then you knew that right?

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/04, 09:53 AM
Not since you're playing with the kiddies you aren't. LOL... :)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/04, 10:02 AM
Reptilian I would love to send Esteban to Sweden! It would be so exciting. :)

Thank you so much!

Okay, I found out that this will be going on through the remainder of the school year, which means, late May, early June.

What I would like from all those who want to participate is an email to me at bettia@live.com, with your full name, address, phone number and an email address I can send information to you.

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2008/04/04, 12:00 PM
Done..... How you want these pictures ? throw away 35mm, digital in an email, on a cd ????

--------------

----------

Bill

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/05, 02:07 PM
Digital in email would probably work best and more cost efficient for everyone. If you don't have a digital camera, let me know and I will send a disposable digital to you in your package.

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2008/04/05, 03:36 PM
Ive got one, im all set :):love:

--------------

----------

Bill

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/05, 04:04 PM
that offer stands for all those who participate and don't have a digital camera. :) :love:

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/08, 10:04 AM
Okay Esteban has arrived at the Torres house! I am going to keep him until next Monday and take him to St. Louis with me and then mail him off Tuesday, who would like him next?

I have set up a website where can upload pics with him and blog your adventure with him, I will be mailing username and password in the letter with Esteban for all those participating.

Look for a link with pics from my adventure mid next week.:)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2008/04/09, 06:45 AM
Sent you an e-mail with my address... :)

--------------
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/09, 02:29 PM
Thank you. I think I will be sending him to you first so I know for sure that at least he gets to visit Sweden for sure.

I just barely got up the website to post everything too. But you all can check it out so far. I have his home page and an album from his visit to my job today, but it isn't done yet, we are still going to take him up on the manlift to the top of the tower and other fun stuff.

Look for an email shortly with info on getting onto the website and posting your own stuff as well.

http://www.freewebs.com/estebanelplano/

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/04/10, 09:57 AM
Bettia I love the site! Now I'm worried though, because I'll have nothing to do with Esteban haha. I don't have a job, and pretty much the only place I'll be able to take him is to my gym. Hopefully that will be okay, otherwise you can just skip me and send him to somebody more exciting lol.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/04/10, 12:10 PM
I'd love to show esteban around Rochester, but I'm not in Rochester. I'm interning in Virginia. If you want to send him out next month, I'm sure we can get some good pictures of him at the Kumite classic strongman competition May 24th.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/04/10, 12:11 PM
I'd love to show esteban around Rochester, but I'm not in Rochester. I'm interning in Virginia. If you want to send him out next month, I'm sure we can get some good pictures of him at the Kumite classic strongman competition May 24th.

My address is in the mail.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/04/10, 12:11 PM
That was stupid. I meant to say I sent my address to your email. We will never speak of this.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/04/10, 12:22 PM
Better yet, I'm not sure how long this project is supposed to go on, but late this summer I'll be visiting the homeland, so it's not fitness related, but I could get pictures of him on the greenest hills in the world.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/04/10, 02:54 PM
Also, I have a friend in Finland who might be interested. I could ask her if you'd like. I'm not sure if you'll have time to get to everyone though, with all the traveling to different countries and stuff.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2008/04/11, 09:16 AM
The website is great! Send him to me and I'll get a picture of him at the CN tower in Toronto and maybe even at Niagara Falls! I'll IM my address to you!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/17, 04:22 AM
Hi Everyone, I just uploaded some more pics onto the website from the St. Louis trip. I still have a few more to put up there...and I am still working on a general instruction sheet to send all of you when I forward him on.

I just found out that he needs to be back home in Washington around June 2nd or something like that, so we don't have long. What I am most likely going to do is send him off to Sweden first this Friday via priority mail so it will only take him about 4 days to get there. Since we are pressed for time, I am going to have to ask that you have him no more than 24 hours and then mail him off, this will be explained in the email that will be distributed no later than tomorrow night.

Steve, definitely would love for him to do the Strongman with you in Virginia, as for the Ireland trip....can you flatten me and take me with you? lol...

Fly, Steve, Jessica, all of you, thank you so much for your participation, it is awesome!!!!!

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2008/04/17, 06:36 AM
I'm all set to recieve him, and will send him back ASAP (or forward, depending on what you want me to do). I have a digital camera with video... I might use that as well. I'll pick up some tourist material as well and send that along as well :)

--------------
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/18, 05:15 PM
Hi Everyone, just wanted to let you know that I sent you an email to your email addresses you provided me with all of the information, travel dates and website instructions in it. Please review and let me know you got the email.

Jessica and Sandy, after reviewing the dates and travel time, I wasn't able to get you in, but can I use you as backups in case anyone has to cancel? Thanks so much for participating....I have another project in works I think you will really like as well, more to come of that here soon.

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/04/19, 05:59 PM
I'm going to get the little guy on one of our Con-way trucks when he comes up here!

--------------

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/20, 05:16 PM
Cool.. :)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2008/04/20, 05:24 PM
I'll take him to the radio station, too.

--------------

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/20, 05:33 PM
That is going to be very cool. I think just the fact of everyone doing this is fantastic.

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/04/20, 09:33 PM
Will take him to Estes Park, and then to Rocky Mountain Park.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/24, 10:08 AM
I wanna go to the Rocky Mountain Park..lol. :)

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/04/27, 03:33 PM
Bettia, it's fine to just use me as a backup. I just got home today anyways, and I have a feeling that most of this week will be pretty stressful playing catch up on everything at home. I always wonder whether or not the rest of vacations is worth it in the end haha. Thanks for keeping me in mind though!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/30, 07:34 PM
YAY!!! Esteban has arrived in Sweden with Sara......

:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
solowen
solowen
United States
2008/05/02, 11:43 AM
Well I'm stationed in Honduras and will be here until the end of june. I would love to do this, let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Michael

--------------
Only thing we have to fear is fear itself. \"FDR\"
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/05/02, 07:11 PM

Hi Everyone, I heard back from my god daughter today and she loves the website so far. She also let me know that part of their class project was learning about the mailing system. So if there is any chance when you receive Esteban, you can send her a postcard or a letter, brochures about your town or something and let her know how your visit with Esteban went, that would be great. I have sent her a postcard but I am going to send the stuff I also got from St. Louis and Illinois separately so she gets more mail..lol.

So if you can, a postcard or something, at least one that would be terrific! I will be happy to reimburse if need be, just send me an email with the cost and I will get a check out to you asap.

Thanks for all of your assistance.

Ivan, Esteban should've left for your home today or yesterday so you should be expecting him from Sara in Sweden.

Thanks again!

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/05/02, 07:12 PM
solowen, I have all the people I need for this project, but will keep you on the back up list in case a cancellation comes up. Can you please send me your info via my email address: bettia@live.com?

Thanks!

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/05/06, 07:18 PM
YAY!!! Esteban is in Canada with Carivan!!! WOOT!

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last