flyonthewall

• Canada Canada
  • Female
  • 56 years old
  • Canada Canada
  • Female
  • 56 years old

Introduction

Hi, I've been a fly on the wall for some time now with FT message boards. The info is awesome, and sometimes quite entertaining(especially enjoyed the landscaping thread-nudge nuge wink wink). Over the past 2 years I've managed to drop 30lbs (180 to 150, I'm 5'7"), but it has been the last year, when I started weight training, that people really started to notice (body fat went from 31% to 23%). I've exercised all my life (ran 2 half marathons, done lots of aerobics), but wt training is what's making all of the difference! I wt train 2X / week (1hr 1X upper, 1X lower) and do cardio 4X / wk(run, spinning class, elliptical etc). I also take Pilates classes 2X/week-amazing for the core! Now if I could just loose that pesky last 10lbs! BTW, I'm 41 with a hubby and 2 daughters, 11 and 14. I also work full time at a great job-although sometimes my work has the nerve to interfere with my workout time-hmmph

Update 2006: still trying to loose that pesky 10lbs, but my body has really tightened up. I now do wt training 3X/week, cardio 2X/week-usually running plus pilates, yoga and fencing. I'm about to start training for my 1st Triathlon. I love this lifestyle!--Update...Place 15th in the Triathlon, it was awesome, but next year I'll be in the top 10!

Goals and motivation

Eat healthy, exercise regularly, loose 10lbs (or reduce body fat) and still enjoy the occational Guiness and chicken wings! -Oh yeh, and look good in a bikini and improve my golf game.--New--to place in the top 10 in a sprint triathlon...and do 1 full unassisted pullup...

Update 2006: Golf-- broke 100 twice in 2005, shooting for consistantly breaking 100 in 2006. Guinness and chicken wings are still my weakness, but I can wear a bikini in public now [that's more about confidence than looking great, but whatever(: ]

Fit wall

• DORONBR43 DORONBR43 2010/12/08
    ----------------------------------------- <BR>ADD ME TO YOUR MESSENGER <BR>DORONBR43@GMAIL.COM <BR>SEX4SEX69@GMAIL.COM <BR>ICQ = 627135680 <BR> SKYPE= DORON43 <BR>http://planet.nana.co.il/s61 =MAY PIC <BR>Sweet Pass connects to my list your company I am with a camera <BR>-----------------------------------------
  • dark_temptation dark_temptation 2009/12/22
    HELLO EVERYONE I'M JAMES NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I WORKOUT TO HIDE MY AGE OF 45 6'1 255LBS LOOKING FOR SUPPORT AND TO HELP ME STAY FORCES ON THE REAL PRIZE GOOD HEALTH AND THE BEACH BABE THIS SUMMER LOL <BR>AND I HOPE TO HELP OTHER AS WELL <BR>j.turner.ctr@gmail.com
  • Velasca Velasca 2007/05/19
    ty for your comment....the last 10# are the hardest for me right now ..sometimes i just want to say its good enough where im at.. <BR> <BR>its always a pleasure to read your posts...good luck with everything :D <BR> <BR>
  • MannyMaster MannyMaster 2006/11/01
    Fly, thank you for all your support. Like KC said.... you always say just the right thing. Your words have helped me to stick with it when I wanted to give up. Thank you!
  • KC_72 KC_72 2006/10/26
    Hi fly...I just wanted to say thanks...you always say just the right thing...and boy do you crack me up!!!!Still can't believe your a scientist!!! :)
  • flyonthewall flyonthewall 2006/06/28
    halliedog, yes I upgraded my membership to the FT-Pro some time ago. I prefer the nutrition tracker with the paid version and the overall setup is much more user friendly--well worth the $40 bucks or so.
  • Halliedog Halliedog 2006/06/28
    Thanks for you input. I will take your advice and see how things go. DId you up grade your membership? I just started on Monday 6/26/06. I feel good a bout the toning part. I like having a scheduale.
  • jean64 jean64 2006/03/29
    thanks for the support you look great, I have a teenage daughter also she's 14 and moooody! have a great day and thanks again.
  • flyonthewall flyonthewall 2005/11/25
    Thanks kalinilia...I'm just someone like you trying to be fit, but glad I helped motivate you--now get back to the gym!!
  • kalinilia kalinilia 2005/11/15
    wow -- you are amazing! i'm motivated (at least for tonight) *smiles*
  • flyonthewall flyonthewall 2005/09/12
    Thanks Lisa...If I'm ever in Atlanta, I'd love to golf with you, but I'm certainly not competitive...still trying to break 100! Shot 99 twice!
  • vadwear vadwear 2005/09/10
    OH.. didn't know you were a golfer?! So am I... I play competitive golf.. maybe we'll tee it up.. if ever in Atlanta.. email me.. <BR>info@vadwear.com <BR>Lisa