Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Someone to Watch Over Me

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2004/04/10, 02:34 PM
Amy - you inspire me to pay more attention to my own diet. Not that mine is bad, I am just not as attentive, so there is undoubtably room for improvement. Thanks for the indirect inspiration!

Is vita pak something you would recommend someone like myself taking?

And last but not least - you are doing great! :big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/10, 05:50 PM
If you want a really good vitamin and ineral all-in-one, yes. I got tired of buying all of the diferent things and putting them in the little pill box thingy. I think if you are lifting really hard and eating a more restricted kind of diet (though we probably eat healthier than most of the population) you need the back-up nutrients.

Thanks for your support! I have watched my husband eat cake for 3 days now, and tomorrow is easter... the only thing that will realy tempt me is malted milk eggs, and I purposely didn't buy any. I really do feel awesome, today is day 12 of my new carb cycle and I feel so light after meals and energetic (most of the time). I also feel leaner...yeah! measuring again tomorrow and maybe photos..:(

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/10, 10:24 PM
Saturday - another low carb day... Another day with family events. I made potatoes au gratin (brother-in-law's request). I did not eat potatoes au gratin.

Today i ate :
8:25 - 4 oz lean turkey, 1 egg, 5 whites, 1 1/2 c broccoli

11:30 - myoplex lite, tbsp Udo's, vita pak, creatine

2:30 Family event - ate ham (too much..) and salad greens, 1 spoonful of ceasar vinagrette, 1 spoonful sunflower seeds, 1 spoonful cashews. Something I ate upset my stomach, ham?

5:45 lean hamburger patty, atkins catsup

8:30 - 1 egg, 3 whites, 1/4 c mozarella, 1/4 cheddar (omelette) topped with 1/4 c salsa

2 sugar free jellos, creatine.

before bed i will take ZMA...

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/04/11, 12:19 AM
She's on a roll! Don't get off track here or you will get run over! Good work Amy!:big_smile:

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/04/11, 10:26 AM
Amy, why so little on the carbs? And where are your fibrous veggies? These will go a long ways toward keeping you satiated and are essential to proper utilization of all the protein you are taking in. Also, in the case of today, I would take my ZMA between your last meal and your cottage cheese, then hit the sack. You will benefit much more. That way you take your ZMA on an empty stomach, and have some long lasting amino acid release during the night.

============
Quoting from asimmer:

Friday. Goals 300g pro/30gcho/42gfat

6:30 am 3 oz lean ground turkey, 1 c broccoli, a litle chicken broth, 1 egg, 6 whites

9:30 2 scoops pro complex, 2 tsp udos

12;15 lean hamburger patty, atkins catsup, 1 1/2 c coleslaw mix (raw cabbage, small amt carrots), 1 tbsp Newmans Olive oil & vinegar, a little splenda (sort of tasted like cole slaw)

3:15 1 tbsp nat peanut butter, myoplex lite vita pak:big_smile:

6:20 1 c coleslaw mix, 5 oz chicken breast, lo-carb teriyaki, creatine

8:45 1 c cottage cheese.

Before bed i will take my ZMA...:cool:

=============

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/11, 11:50 AM
bbfit1 - i am rotating my carbs, thursday/friday/saturday are my lowest days. The fibrous veggies are missing mostly because I was feeling lazy and I have been at a lot of non-healthy family events lately. The first week I was getting a lot of vegetables in, this week hasn't been as good. I haven't been very hungry - something upset my stomach the past few days and I just didn't feel very hungry. Otherwise I feel really good, my energy levels are pretty good and my muscles feel good.

Do you even count the carbs in fibrous veggies when you are dieting? I am unclear. Some of my books talk about vegetables as free carbs - so do you only count the carbs from other sources? Should I add in some rice and sweet potatoes or beans?

I will switch when I take my ZMA to before my prebed meal. I was trying to take it atleast 1/2 an hour after my last meal, thinking my stomach would have mostly emptied. The bottle says take 1/2 hour before bed, but if you say it will be more effective taken before my pre-bed meal, I will switch it.

So far, the carb rotation seems to be working, I feel and look leaner and my clothes are starting to fit diferently. oday it was easier to zip my over-the-calf boots (it will never be really easy because I have large calf muscles, but they have some fat on 'em right now).

Thank you for your input, bbfit, it means a lot, I know I have asked for help before and not been good at the follow through. I do feel more successful this time, I think I have grown mentally since the last time I attempted this.:big_smile:

Happy Eatser, Ostara, Spring !!!!!!:big_smile:

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/11, 07:26 PM
Okay - not too bad, considering we weren't home all day. my in-laws made a really nice effort at serving things they knew I could eat. That was really cool.:big_smile:

7:30 am BODYBUILDER PANCAKES (THE BOMB!) = 1 egg, 2 whites, 1/3 c oats/ 1/3 c cottage cheese, vanilla, splenda, cinnamon. Atkin's syrup. 1 grapefruit. Creatine

11:30 - 3 green olives, 3 black olives, 1 c broccoli, 3/4c cauliflower, 5 stalks celery, tablesponn ff ranch dip, 1 chicken cordon bleu (not the greatest, but it was what there was). 1/2c sugarfree jello with around 1/2 c strawberries. Vita Pak

2:00 1 can tuna, chopped up 1 1/2 c broccoli, cauli, celery, 1 1/2 tbsp miracle whip light

5:30 - (this is basically a cheat meal, though not too extreme) 4 pieces vegetable sushi, wasabi and soy sauce, ginger. 3/4 c rice noodles, 2 oz chicken, 6 salty shrimp, 1/3 c mushrooms, 1/2 c crab bake (eggs and crab meat). Diet coke.

I will take my ZMA at 7:30, and at 8:30 I will eat 1/2c oats and 1 scoop protein powder.

Going to bed early!

--------------
2004/04/11, 07:36 PM
I got a sink this weekend . We will be cooking andexercising again soon. Keep it up Amy!!!!!!!!!

--------------
A problem ceases to be such when you can laugh about it.

Charlie
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/12, 08:40 AM
Yeah! A sink, no longer will you be unwashed!:surprised:
Now you can make shakes - just add water!! And you can wash veggies and have fresh salads!!!! And you can have a bath (oh, okay, not a bath. I have really cute pictures of my daughter when she was about 8 mo. olds, having a bath in the big kitchen sink).

Didn't eat oats last night, had 1 c cottage cheese and 1/4 c walnuts instead. Took my ZMA at 7:30, ate my cottage cheese at 8:30, hit the sack around 9:15.

My daughter woke us up around 1 am, she had a bad dream. This morning I feel a little off.

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/04/12, 09:44 AM
On days when you have cottage cheese before bed, do your ZMA after your last meal prior(2 hrs. will suffice for an empty stomach). Then about 45 minutes later have your cottage cheese and go to bed. This way the ZMA is taken on an empty stomach, and you have the calcium from the cottage cheese later. On days you don't have the cottage cheese, then do as you do.

Quoting from asimmer:

bbfit1 - i am rotating my carbs, thursday/friday/saturday are my lowest days. The fibrous veggies are missing mostly because I was feeling lazy and I have been at a lot of non-healthy family events lately. The first week I was getting a lot of vegetables in, this week hasn't been as good. I haven't been very hungry - something upset my stomach the past few days and I just didn't feel very hungry. Otherwise I feel really good, my energy levels are pretty good and my muscles feel good.

Do you even count the carbs in fibrous veggies when you are dieting? I am unclear. Some of my books talk about vegetables as free carbs - so do you only count the carbs from other sources? Should I add in some rice and sweet potatoes or beans?

I will switch when I take my ZMA to before my prebed meal. I was trying to take it atleast 1/2 an hour after my last meal, thinking my stomach would have mostly emptied. The bottle says take 1/2 hour before bed, but if you say it will be more effective taken before my pre-bed meal, I will switch it.

So far, the carb rotation seems to be working, I feel and look leaner and my clothes are starting to fit diferently. oday it was easier to zip my over-the-calf boots (it will never be really easy because I have large calf muscles, but they have some fat on 'em right now).

Thank you for your input, bbfit, it means a lot, I know I have asked for help before and not been good at the follow through. I do feel more successful this time, I think I have grown mentally since the last time I attempted this.:big_smile:

Happy Eatser, Ostara, Spring !!!!!!:big_smile:

=============

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/12, 01:58 PM
Okay! What about the veggies? Do they count?

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/04/12, 06:59 PM
Veggies always count...fiber is necessary even on low carb cycling days. You will find them especially invaluable as your calories start to become at a premium. Right now you may not feel hungry or anything, but they are of the essence. Do not count them against your complex carb intake..i.e...rice, sweet potato, etc. (carb cycling).But they will greatly aid you in many ways, digestion of protein, satiety, etc.

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/12, 10:31 PM
That is what i mean - when my day is 30g of cho, do i only count the rice/sweet potatoes and let the fibrous veggies be freebies? Until now i have counted the fibrous vegetables towards my CHO total for the day. What do you think?

I am eating them - I eat broccoli almost every morning in my eggs, and usually once or twice more each day, I eat steamed broccoli/ cauli during the day and lettuce/spinach. The last week was not a good example - but I will get off my bum and eat more veggies this week:big_smile:

Here is today's meals: Monday - moderate Carb day

7:20am 1/4c scottish oats w/ cinnamon, splenda, vanilla an 1 scoop isopure mixed in.

10:15 1 c baby lettuce mix, 1/2 tsp dressing, seafood omelette (found out today that this has croutons in it - not as clean as I thought!!! I guess that explains why it was so tasty and why I won't order it again!)

11:45 - 12;30 boxing/stretching took my creatine afterwards

1:00 myoplex lite (client coming..)

3:45 chopped vegetables (broccoli/cauliflower/celery, mixed with 1 can tuna, 1 tbsp mayo, 1 tsp spicy brown mustard, 1 lo-carb tortilla

6:30 (Subway, on the way home from my daughter's Circus class) Atkins wrap (lo-carb tortilla, turkey, bacon, onion, lettuce) and a babay spinach salad with grilled chicken. Atkin's dressing (the sweet as honey mustard - very tasty!)

8:30 ZMA, vit C

9:30 2 scoops pro complex....bed soon!

Not a terrible day. The omelette revelation was a disappointment (sp?) but I moved on:).

I am looking forward to lifting tomorrow!

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/04/14, 10:01 AM
Looking good asimmer!!

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/14, 08:48 AM
Tuesday's meals:
8:15 Slept in and ate out - Breakfast - 3 eggs, provolone cheese, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, salsa, ham (at IHOP, ugh). Still - not too bad.

10:15 Protein revolution Bar 32g protein, 9g fat, 26g cho (3 net) and a large bottle of Aquafina(that is a treat to me, when it is ice cold....) On the way to the grocery store...didn't want to shop hungry.

Got home and lifted

2:00 a little late, post-workout shake - Isopure perfect peanut butter chcocolate flavor. Creatine

3:15 lean burger patty, atkins catsup, 2 cups french cut green beans (from frozen)

6:00 on the road, this was interesting.. 1 1/2 c raw cauliflower, 5 celery sticks, 1 large chicken breast (grilled earlier) vita pak, crystal lite peach tea.

8:30 home again, ZMA, vit C

9:30 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 c walnuts.

It was a good day, took photos, augh! My bikini is itsier and bitsier than it was last summer... But I am losing my 2 lbs a wek and i am feeling bigger, leaner. So. Kewep on keepin' on, right?

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/14, 11:39 AM
Yeah! That means the world coming from you!!! And I was just feeling crabby about eating my salad...:cool:

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/14, 08:31 PM
Wednesday - bad attitude today. Worked out, wlaked the dog, organized my desk. Still crabby. Paid the bills - fwelt better. Must have been stressing about the bills.

7:00 am - 4 egg whites, 2 oz lean beef, 1 1/2 c broccoli, 1 c mushrooms. (all scrambled together), mrs. dash.

10:32 1 c lettuce mix, 1 cup babay spinach, 1 cup choppped cauliflower, 1 1/2 cans tuna, 1 tbsp Newman's Olive oil and vinegar dressing. Vita Pak.

Lifted.
Shake after workout (1:30) Isopure perfect, orange dreamsicle flavor in raspbarry peach crystal lite (not bad).

3:30 1 tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 2 c cabbage (shredded, coleslaw mix) 4 oz beef. This was soooo tasty!

5:45 sooo tasty I made it again! 1 tsp olive oil, curry powder, 2 cups cabbage, 5 oz beef.

I ate 1 tsp of natural peanut butter while cooking...

At 7:45 i will take my ZMA and at 8:30-9:00 9depending on what time I am done with my appointment) i will have a cup of cottage cheese.

Hungry today. I think I am not getting enough calories lately, i will track it for a few days and see.

--------------
XxgolemxX
XxgolemxX
United States
2004/04/15, 12:28 AM
Hiiiii asimmer dont be grumpy! watch finding nemo or something then get some catch up on those calories by eating sushi! ha! how much sugar do you take in any given day? good luck young lady
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/15, 08:58 AM
I don't 'take' any sugar other than that in my postworkout shake (dextrose and maltose) and the natural sugars in the foods i eat.
MMMM. Sushi.

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/15, 06:32 PM
Hard day today. Up since 2 AM.

4:30 Am 1 cup cottage cheese, coffee.

7:45 lean burger patty, 1 grapefruit

10:45 2 turkey patties, vitamins

2:30 5 egg whites (hard boiled) 1/4 c peanuts

5:30 creatine, 2 scoops isopure zero carb in raspberrry peach crystal lite.

at 7:30 i will take my ZMA and at 8:30 i will either have more isopure zero carb in crystal lite or cottage cheese.

Not a nutritionally stellar day, I am too tired to be hungry and just ate what was easy. Really wanted some mashed poatatoes or toast or some kind of comfort food today.

I will eat my veggies tomorrow!!!!!!

--------------
2004/04/16, 07:15 PM
Sorry I haven't been able to harrass you lately but the renovation is getting nearly over thanks to the attention I'm paying to it. Are you working hard enough to suit me or should I round up a possee to come after you????

--------------
A problem ceases to be such when you can laugh about it.

Charlie:angry::big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/16, 09:50 PM
A posse would have been good today! I was out-of-sorts and didn't want to eat right or exercise!!! I did both, however. Here is how it went....

Slept in a little:)

8:50 1 egg, 6 whites, 1/4 c cheddar cheese, 1 c broccoli, 1 cup spinach

11:30 2 scoops isopure zero carb in raspberry peach crystal lite, Vita Pak

2:00 MMMM rotisserie chicken - feeling rebellious - ate dark meat! 1 leg, 1 thigh, 1 wing and some bits of breast meat. Half of a very large cucmber, sliced. creatine.

Rode the stationary bike 1 hour low intensity while playing x-box..

6:45 1 1/2 c lettuce mix, chicken breast, 1/4 c cheese, 1/2 a small onion, 1/2 a small tomato, 1/2 an avocado, 1/4c salsa mixed with 1 tsp canola oil.

8:30 tbsp nat Pb (really wanted some french fries and lite beer:()

Took my ZMA, vit c

Before bed I will have my 2 scoops zero carb isopure and some sugarfree strawberry jell-o mixed with water...

Looking back on the day I seem to have taken out my rebellious streak by eating more fat than usual, which won't be too damaging because my carbs are so low right now.

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/18, 08:50 AM
Saturday - A pretty god day, a planned cheat (look at the evening!) and a great workout!

6:45 Pizza Omelet! ! egg, 5 whites, 4 slices pepperoni cut into bits and mixed w/eggs, 1/3c mozarella, 1 1/2 c spinach, 2 tbsp ragu spaghetti sauce.

10 - Isopure perfect, orange dreamsicle, in crystal lite.

1:30 (I coached soccer and we ran late getting lunch..)
Mixed salad greens, red onion, tbsp sunflower seeds, 2 tbsp mozarella, oil and vinegar. 2 oz whitefish, baked. Hamburger patty, 1/2 c mushrooms, 1/2 c zucchini (took the soccer team to Old Country Buffet, didn't do too terrible).

4:30 Low carb Bar - 24g protein, 3 net carbs. This was a nasty bar, but I ran out the door to take my daughter to her circus class and forgot my shake. Starving!

7:30 4oz Swedish sausage, 6 swedish meatballs, 3 amstel lights!!!:)

9:30 1 cup cottage cheese

This morning I was down by 9 lbs!!!! My apnts are looser, even after just being washed. I am seeing my shoulders come out more. So, I allowed myself to have 3 amstels. If I had a show date set I wouldn't do that!

--------------
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/04/18, 03:13 PM
OOOOOH...Amstel Light!! Now you have inspired me to cheat.:) Good for you.:cool:

--------------
AUGUST 14th...NEW YORK, NEW YORK...MUSCLEMANIA ATLANTIC STATES...I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.
LETS GO METS!!!

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/19, 08:21 AM
Sunday - High Carb day. Got a little (okay, a lot) off-track today. I think I typically do this - 3 weeks really strong and a weekend off. i am trying not to get to down on myself, move on, no big deal. I have to get rid of my all-or-nothing mentality.

7:30 1/2c oats, 1 scoop isopure, 1c strawberries

11:00 myoplex lite

Went to an archery range with my husband and daughter, very cool.

2:15 - 2:30 Ate out - around 2oz tortilla chips, 1/4 c salsa. large miller lite. puerco en chili verde (pork, about 1/4 of a potato, green chili sauce) 1/3c refried beans, 1/2c rice

5:30 2 cups lite microwave popcorn

7:00 1/2 a chicken breast, a sweet potato, 1/2 a large baked potato, smart balance.

3 amstel lights while tornado watching (didn't see any, just really cool storms)....

a cadbury caramel egg (damn!) I did 25 push-ups for hecdarec after eating it, does that make it any better:big_smile:?

1/3 c peanuts.

ZMA before bed, and lots of water.

Back on track tomorrow and no cheating next weekend.

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/19, 09:26 PM
Monday - A busy day!
6:50 am - 1 c strawberries, 1/4 c oats, 1 scoop isopure.

10:40 1.5oz rice noodles, broccoli, chuicken breast

1:00 myoplex lite

2:45 walked and ran intervals with the dog for 1/2 an hour, came home and did a short leg workout.

4:20 2 scoops Isopure perfect, 1 TBSP Udo's chioce, 6 strawberries

6:20 1.5oz rice noodles, broccoli, chicken

8:30 2 pollock fillets, 1 1/3 c gren beans, 1/2c rice w/1/2tsp olive oil and curry powder, mmm.

I will take my ZMA in a while and have a small shake before bed.

On track today!

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/20, 09:26 PM
Tuesday - I had the best salad today, I don't know why it was so much better than any other salad, but it sure was good!

6:45 am - 1/4 c oats, 1 scoop isopure, 1 egg+1white

10:15 myoplex lite

1:40 (the really good salad) 2 c mixed spring greens, 1/2 a small tomato, 1/2 a small onion, 1/2 an avocado, 2 oz tirkey breast, 2 oz lean ham. Dressing - 1/2 tbsp atkins catsup, 1/2 tbsp canola amyo, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 clove of garlic, pressed, salt and pepper. Vita pak

4:00 emergen-c and creatine/glutamine

5:30 - 1 c cottage cheese, 2 cups cucumber

8:10 12 meatballs (28g pro, 14g cho, ungodly amount of fat...)

Will take ZMA before bed.

Pretty good day, a little off schedule. legs sore!

--------------
konary
konary
Canada
2004/04/21, 01:16 AM
That salad sure sounds good to me. I will have to try that one day this week. :) thanks for the recipe!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/21, 11:20 PM
Wednesday...
7 AM - 6 egg whites, 1/4 c cheddar, 2 oz ham, 2 1/2 c broccoli (omelet, mmmm)

10 Am - 1 scoop pro complex, 1 scoop muscle milk

LIFTED!!!
11:30 - Isopure perfect

1:00 chicken, broccoli, onions, peapods, bok choy (met my husband for lunch at a chinese restaurant), 1/2 c rice, soy sauce

3:20 - the rest of the vegetables and chicken, no rice this time.

6:00 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup cauliflower
Coffee with cocoa powder and splenda.

Took my ZMA. Took my vitamins at some point. took my glutamine and creatine in emergen-c after workout.... tired. Good night!!!!

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/22, 09:59 PM
Thursday...
Woke up hungry today, and last night I got out of bed and had a scoopful of pro complex because I was so hungry. Today I have that odd, spacey feelinng that i associate with the freeing up of polluted fat cells (I am a headcase, eh?). I am guessing that i am hungrier because my metabolism is up. i tried to increase my vegetables a bit today.

6:15 am - 5 egg whites, 4 oz lean ham, 1/4 c cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 c cauliflower (I really don't recommend aculiflower in omelets, not so good) and a splash of chicken broth (to cook the cauliflower).

9:30 1 1/2 scoops isopure, 1 tsp Udo's choice

12;15 1 babybel swiss cheese round (reduced fat), 3 oz lean roast beef, 2 c lettuce, dressing made of 3/4 tbsp atkins catsup, 1/2 tbsp canola mayo, 1 tbsp cider vinegar, some vegetable magic seasoning.

3:20 3 cups broccoli, steamed in microwave with 1/4 c cheddar on top, lean burger patty, 1/2 tbsp atkins catsup

6:45 1/2 c rice, 1 c green beans, shrimp and scallops, sauteed in a little olive oil and butter...mmmm, 1/2 tbsp soy sauce.

Soon after - a spoonful of natural peanut butter (hungry!)

Took my ZMA and will have some protein before bed :) Watched my husband drink guinness on Tuesday nihgt and he kept mentioning light beer tonight... I am not going to cave in this time. Maybe if he was talking about dark chocolate, or a plate of mashed potatoes....

--------------
SammiGurl590
SammiGurl590
United States
2004/04/23, 04:09 PM
my diet contains of eating jus one thing....SORBET!! Umm... question is that bad??:(:dumbbell::dumbbell::dumbbell:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/23, 04:21 PM
You already know the answer to that!!!:big_smile:
I am taking thwe rest of today off and relaxing!

--------------
SammiGurl590
SammiGurl590
United States
2004/04/24, 11:48 AM
I need a diet plan..I need to lose weight by summer
ANY SUGGESTIONS???:big_smile::dumbbell:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/27, 04:31 PM
Okay, i am back on track today, btu i am exhausted from volunteering the past few days and I am really feeling yucky from allowing too much wheat into my diet the past few days.

Today is a so-so day, at least I am eating my meals on time and I have not had any junk.

I need to spend some time tomorrow early in the morning prepping some food and then i will be back on track.

I am goping to do a 12 week mass building program (yay!) It looks good so fasr, though I haven't gotten my butt motivated yet this week. I just feel sluggish...I will do some cardio after I train my clients tonight!

--------------
SammiGurl590
SammiGurl590
United States
2004/04/28, 02:49 PM
I NEED A DIET PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:
I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2004/04/29, 08:46 AM
Looking good asimmer :) Will you be posting the mass building program you use? *looking to learn from Amy* :big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/30, 08:16 AM
Azon - I am going to do a workout fit to my eating - during the week when I have a lower carb intake I will do HIIT M,W,F and lift more medium weight, high volume chest/back on Tuesday, Legs on Thursday. Then on Saturday/Sunday, when my intake is higher I will lift heavier weight, less volume. I will let you know how it goes!

--------------
fitinboise
fitinboise
United States
2004/04/30, 06:34 PM
YOu are doing awesome asimmer! Keep it up! :)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/04, 10:47 AM
Thanks, everyone! I have been struggling with computer viruses the past few days, argh:angry:
But I did 25 minutes HIIT yesterday and am about to go down and lift now!

Ready to succeed!

--------------
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/05/16, 11:41 AM
Update please....:):dumbbell::love:

--------------
My diet sucks and so do my Mets

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/16, 11:49 AM
Arghh! I have been at the circus day and night and I am beat! My diet has gone to hell (popcorn, diet coke, coffee, hot dogs, at least I have managed to have cereal with protein powder for breakfast fairly consistently), my whole body hurts (not sure why, but the floors are concrete and I haven't been getting any sleep).

Tomorrow I will be relaxing and recuperating and restarting my regimen. i badly need to a trip to the grocery store and some rest!

The upside is that i will make some good changes for the Charlie challenge!

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/05/16, 05:39 PM
you and me both, Amy!

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
2004/05/16, 07:03 PM
We have had a wonderful pre-challange diet discussion. Please join us with your suggestions.

--------------
Foolish consistancies are the hobgoblins of small minds.

Charlie
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/20, 12:19 PM
Okay, didn't really want to clean things up yet (max bulk before June 1st!)but I just can't eat that much junk consistently, I feel so much better when I am eating cleaner.

Yesterday:

6:30 am 1 1/4 c cheerioes, mixed with 1 1/2 scoops protein powder, a spoonful of natural peanut butter and enough water to make it pasty. (my husband says it looks like gravy train. He is just jealous, he has wanted to try gravy train since he was 5)

8:50 - 1/2 c blueberries

9:30 1/3 c black beans, chicken breast, wheat tortilla, pico de gallo

worked out

shake - 5 monster strawberries, protein powder, vanilla, splenda

2:00 whole wheat bun, buffalo chicken breast, slice of red onion, lettuce, canola mayo

5:30 UH OH - 2 cheeseburgers, large fries (okay, still some junk! getting it out of my system)

9:45 cottage cheese, almonds

Still a lot of wheat in my diet. Gradually cutting that out again. Getting back into the swing of things and feeling really strong!

Monday I will focus on my supplements again and be rid off the junk.:big_smile:

--------------
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2004/05/20, 01:03 PM
I'm jeolous... you get to eat so much!! Your still up at 9:45 PM to eat? I am passed out cold
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/01/08, 06:10 PM
asimmer, are you posting somewhere else now?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/16, 09:16 PM
no. sorry chellie, I haven't posted my diet in a long time (too embarrassed, mostly)..

I will start a new post if you want me to, since I am on track again, goals in hand and ready to rumble!

--------------
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.
- Henry David Thoreau

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages