Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

What do girls want?

golfer951
golfer951
United States
2002/09/24, 08:07 PM
Hey i'm a 18yr old guy, now alot of girls will say personality is what counts, but what first attracts girls to guys? Like what part of a guys body? arms, chest, abs....is there a specific thing?
I'm a skinny guy,(5'11" 145lbs) good personality and everything, funny, your all around nice guy, but i can't seem to get girls to like me more than friends. So lately (last 2 months) i've been working out, but i'm still a skinny guy, what areas should i focus on so a girl will look my way and let me show her what a good guy i really am?
-Skinny Guy
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/09/24, 09:01 PM
I know my wife said she loved my butt!! I think women really like a tight butt on a man. Of course, a nice chest and arms don't hurt either!! Good luck. Just work out diligently and be your self. You will be fine.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/09/24, 11:13 PM
Did anyone see Brad Pitt's a$$ in Fight Club? Hello!
So, I agree with bb1 on that, but it's hard to see when you're fully clothed. I think definition in the chest and arms are things you can show off all the time though, as long as you pick the right shirts. But in the summer, I definitely like guys with big, strong legs.
But I think once you start liking what you see everyone else will notice too.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/09/25, 01:59 AM
I looooooooove hard muscular arms, nice chest, big shoulders, a great bum hmmmmmmm lol I guess I love EVERYTHING on a muscular fit male body......!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2002/09/25, 01:40 PM
Wo-man; Im pretty sure most like a guy with that
(in good shape look). Some like a guy w/a wrangler but. Some gals only want lots of attn. and want to be pleased, and dont care what the dude looks like.
You may never find the answer, or figure it out. When you find a gal that you have to have-just go for it, and always- always let her have everything her way, but dont waist a lot of time waiting for it to work when you know it wont.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
JD158
JD158
United States
2002/09/25, 11:16 PM
note to self: tighten your a$$
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/09/26, 09:52 AM
Hmmmmm ... I think people focus too much on the "physical" aspects of attraction? A guy who has quiet confidence, a down-to-earth attitude and treats others with respect will catch my attention *every* single time. If you work out, it should be for personal satisfaction, not for the acceptance of others.

Just my two cents.
Bnoble
Bnoble
United States
2002/09/26, 12:50 PM
Try not worring about they want, and consider what you want.

What a woman wants is a moving target (in a way)...I think that we are all fundementally the same. We all are seeking the same thing. Some call it different things, Love, Companionship, intimacy, connection, etc....

The diferences come when we consider what ways we think will get us to that goal.

Some people think money will make them happy, etc.. = she wants money.

Some people think Popularity/Power/influence are the answer to their problems = She wants a guy that will move her up the pecking order simply by association.

Some people think Sex is the answer = she wants a stud.

Some are more balanced but still believe outside things are the answer.

Some disregard all this crap in go with where their heart takes them.

And if your REALLY in the zone and..are at this place in your own development.... you will come to find that NO ONE will make you happy. You can be happy, and you can have someone to share that with. That's all.

It's when I stop trying to will people to act the way I want them to.... when I stop trying to "Make" people want me...when I stop fretting over what they are doing, and sweat my own stuff..Be true to myself, and be myself. That someone pops up on the radar, and something special happens.

As is the case in everything I post here, please disregard if it does not ring true to you.

--------------
"When going through hell......DON'T STOP"
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/10/04, 04:16 PM
Oh if I were young again -- :o)!!!! Actually it is true, a person with a good self esteem is attractive but we all know the "physical" stuff is what first attracts us all. YOU know it does but getting your body "buff" definitely will pull you the positives. There is nothing more attractive than a "hunky" body - and like Phila - I luv a guy with souped up arms and chest and a nice tight tush! YOWSA! I think a person who takes care of their body has that boost of self esteem! Other than that most women seek honesty in a relationship - someone they can trust. YOU - have a long road ahead of you - just be smart in your relationships - they'll be good and bad - just remember - trust your instincts! I know...you guys have "em" too!
RagingRose
RagingRose
United States
2002/10/16, 01:29 PM
I think that it's a person's personality, their charm and their confidence that makes them attractive. Don't get me wrong - Just like workingoutgirl says - "physical stuff is what attracts us first"...but it doesn't matter how good looking you are or how buff you are, if you're an a$$ then you'll become an ugly person quickly....Just be confident in yourself, in what you have to offer others -- When you're able to take pride in yourself that's when others will, too.

--------------
Christina

***Really, What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about??***
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2002/10/17, 07:45 AM
I agree just based on our nature as animals in the wild kingdom, our initial attractions are physical. It's true of guys and girls. However, I think personality plays the biggest role. I've met nice looking women who are not my type. Met average looking women that are dynamite in the personality dept. I go with the latter for establishing long lasting friendships or a relationship.

Also, a woman that cares about her physical appearance is very attractive in itself.

DP

heahghs1979
heahghs1979
United States
2002/10/19, 02:05 AM
The first thing I notice are big strong arms. Most woman enjoy a man who can make her laugh.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/10/19, 10:58 AM
My 18 yr old daughter looks at guy who has a nice butt, and developped shoulders. get some Arnold presses going at the gym. My wife also likes the nice butt!

Also it is very important to be yourself and not to try to be somebody else.

Stay clean, and goood luck
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2002/10/20, 08:06 AM
Agreeing with heahghs1979, making a woman laugh is a great way to get to know her. The big benefit from that? The guy has a great time too because women that like to laugh are a lot of fun to be with.

DP
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2002/10/20, 08:13 AM
"I looooooooove hard muscular arms, nice chest, big shoulders, a great bum hmmmmmmm lol I guess I love EVERYTHING on a muscular fit male body......!!!!!!!!!!"

lmao @ Philia2. That about sums it up guys! lol
DP
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/10/21, 08:03 AM
I mean....look at Pee Wee Herman...........or what is that english guy (comedian's name, done some movies) It is totally apparent they have no muscles other than in their mouths. A little muscle, (well for me alot) a good sense of humor, tack on a good personality, honesty, sincerity, and you're going in the right direction. Whatever, I've learned in life that someone with a balanced self esteem can drawl attention.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2002/10/21, 12:59 PM
Well, this is a very hard subject to hit on exactly. So many people, men and women, have different wants in their lives. As for me, I had dated really good looking guys, who were nice, but missing the laughter,conversation and debating, cause I love to debate..LOL I truly have found out by personal experience that beauty definitely comes from the inside. My boyfriend is awesome and a very good looking man, but let me tell you, watching him with my 9 year old daughter, his patience, kindness and endurance for being a father when he has had no children, makes me fall in love with him more and more everyday. My favorite date was our first one, we were to meet for a 5k walk/run and it ended up not happening, we went for a jog and walked along the beach, listen to some jamaican music and ate thai food and had the best conversation in my life! the date lasted 12 hours with neither of us wanting to leave. Yes, I like a good looking man, but if he is missing all the other qualities then i wouldn't want him.

--------------
Bettia.... You are nothing less than Beautiful in my eyes.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2002/10/21, 01:43 PM
You do too Ravenwolf, I love you. I am so glad the I got the best!! :)

--------------
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2002/10/21, 01:43 PM
You do too Ravenwolf, I love you. I am so glad the I got the best!! :)

--------------
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/10/21, 04:22 PM
You guys are like way to cute. I met my guy via the net. Meeting people that was - sure - was scarey at first but no different really than meeting an unknown at a bar. Long story short...almost 10 mths later we're still together and have had great great times. (We've been married before). We just share lots of laughs, work out together, go biking (he's much better at it than I!) and have a genuine friendship as well as the love growing. WOW...2nd time around for me in this close net relationship has been wonderful. I only hope it lasts! :o)
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/10/21, 05:30 PM
Ok OK enough you guys are making me get all teary eyed. LOL j/k. I to found the love of my life and it does help that even though she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen she can still dicuss everything and anything I bring up. She has a great sense of humor and is the most giving and caring person there is. Bottom line those that say that they need looks first or some such do nto really truly know what love is.

--------------
I LIFT, THERFORE, I AM!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2002/10/21, 05:54 PM
I second your motion Mutt!!! True that!

--------------
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/10/22, 07:53 AM
And some people don't know how to "treat" love either! So many people get caught up in so many things in their lives that they don't put anything into their relationship with their sig. other anymore. To make anything last - it takes constant work and attention. Love is Just like a flower......if you stop caring for it...it dies.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/10/22, 07:28 PM
Carivan wipes the tears from his eyes and swallows.
How touching FT has become! J/K :)
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2002/10/23, 04:15 PM
What do women want? What a question. Most of them will be the first to tell you that they really have no idea. If I could point to anything that I think women find most attractive, it's confidence and a sense of humor. I've found that I'm best with women when I really am just being myself and not trying to be what I think they want me to be. I know it sounds corny. The biggest thing is being confident enough to be yourself, that's when things really start clicking.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2002/10/23, 05:54 PM
Does that mean I have to go on the lookout again!!!!! GOTCHA! :)

I would generally say, to play it safe, that both men and women know not what they want until they have found it and then came close to or possibly losing it. That's when you know what you want.

--------------
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2002/11/13, 09:18 AM
to women like tall men?
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2002/11/13, 09:28 AM
When someone can compile "what women want" in let's say, 5 minute DVD, let me know. lol
DP
Chickie
Chickie
United States
2003/01/18, 09:09 PM
What do woman want in a 5 min DVD lol WOW ok.. I am not sure I can speak for all of us but I can tell you what this woman wants in less than 1 minute.
I want a man who I can tell anything to about myself even my deepest darkest secrets and not be afraid of what happens after the words came out my mouth. I want him to trust me enough to do the same. I want to be his best friend. I want a man that can protect me when and if the sh*t hits the fan or go down fighting. A man that provides for his family or partner best he knows how. A man that listens to me when I talk whether it's a seriously important conversation or when I ramble about girlie stuff that he could care less about. A man who will back my play 24/7 - behind my back to his buddies when his buddies are busy talking crap about their wives. Why ? Because I earn that respect.
Woman want a man who can admit when he screwed up and not lie about about it because he is afraid of what the consequences might be. A true partner ... honest. Otherwise what is the point. I want a man that has self esteem and knows who is. When he knows who he is , he allows you to be yourself and believes in you and supports your dreams/goals as you do his. If he meets you and you like to dress HOT now that you are together he doesn't try to turn you into the virgin Mary, that is secure man to me.
I don't need a daddy unless we are in the bedroom. And I don't want to be anyone's mommy either. Unless he's sick or hurt than I will be the best nurse he ever had. For me it's all or nothing . Once you have a real man who knows who he is , it's impossible to be with little boys. And I am not talking age . And I feel like its the same for a man who finds a true woman . I think people spend way too much time bs'n each other but then like Chris Rock says, " When you meet someone for the first time you aren't meeting them you are meeting their spokesperson" lmao !! True.. true..

Take care~

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/18, 09:18 PM
Nice post chickie !

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
Greenlee
Greenlee
United States
2003/01/19, 08:09 PM
Personally I am interested in guys that have larger muscles than I do.