Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

weed

1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last
rickye19
rickye19
United States
2003/02/13, 11:36 PM
does smoking the green leaf and workingout have any side affect.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/14, 02:38 AM
Is that really a question? Huh?!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
rickye19
rickye19
United States
2003/02/14, 05:15 PM
How can you get skinnier, when your high all you do is eat.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/02/14, 05:31 PM
Does smoking cigarettes and working out have any side effects? It's the same crap in your lungs and your blood. I think that will answer your question .

--------------
Nothing is too small to know, and nothing is too big to attempt!

Ivan Montreal Canada
mrmagical
mrmagical
United States
2003/02/17, 08:09 PM
Just out of curiosity how does smoking effect working out???
ageis
ageis
United States
2003/02/17, 09:31 PM
lack of oxygen
poor workouts compared to a nonsmoker
frequently tired
you don't reach full intensity

Working out and smoking don't mix period. It's either one or the other. It's been said time again that a smoker working out is doing more damage to his/her lungs compared to a smoker that doesn't work out. Your putting alot of stress and abuse on your lungs man along with all the abuse from the chemicals.

--------------
MOO!
johnguy
johnguy
Canada
2003/02/19, 06:43 PM
smoking is a real damper on cardio. Which is a no brainer as to why. Smoke in ones lungs is not healthy anyway you look at it. I have seen healthy fit looking people who smoke not be able to last very long doing cardio.
mrmagical
mrmagical
United States
2003/02/19, 10:12 PM
But as for weight training i do no cardio.
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2003/02/19, 10:20 PM
Well in order for you muscles to recover properly they need well oxgenated blood flowing through them right? is smoking helping you to keep your blood well oxygenated?
London
London
United States
2003/03/01, 11:15 AM
Am I correct when in thinking I saw Arnold puffing on a joint after the Mr. Olympia contest in "Pumping Iron"? Bad boy Mr. President's Council on Physical Fitness =)
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2003/03/01, 01:06 PM
There are quite a few side effects of smoking weed which you should take in consideration.
1. it decreases your sperm count.
2. it can make women sterile
3. it sort of makes men produce breasts ( i know it sounds weird but it is a sickness)
4. it damages your brain. Studies have proven loss of concentration and reaction already with the first joint and i don't mean whilst being high.
5. it can stunt the growth of the pubic area during puberty.
there are more side effects which i don't know myself, but the ones i just mentioned are the main ones and have been medically proven. initiate a search (e.g. yahoo) to find out more.
London
London
United States
2003/03/01, 02:03 PM
I'm not condoning an illegal activity, but most of the side effects you stated are myths.
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2003/03/01, 05:28 PM
no their not. Visit any medical site (e.g. teenhealthfx.org), ask any doctor and they'll say the same.
What makes you think their myths if you haven't had any experience in smoking pot?
London
London
United States
2003/03/01, 06:25 PM
There are plenty of unwanted pregnancies from drug addicts (including pot smokers). It would be nice if pot did make people sterile, because I'm sure the last thing a drug user is thinking about/wants is a baby. Smoking marijuana can lead to cancer and emphysema, and does dull down the senses (although that clears up after a few months of non-use). Like I said, I'm not condoning or encouraging the use of it, but just because you read something on the internet, doesn't make it true. To live a healthy life drugs aren't the right way to go.

And on a side note, at least here in the US, I'm not sure why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't. Does that make any sense at all? Or even cigarettes for that matter. The FDA would never approve cigarettes as a useful drug, yet because the government makes money off of it they are never going to stop producing them. Sad indeed.
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/03/02, 06:05 AM
I agree with london bout the alcohol being legal thing. If i had kids i'd rather they got stoned than drunk. You can die from one session of drinking, but you cant overdose on weed (u just fall asleep or vomit). Alcohol can make some people very violent, i have never known weed to have this effect. The long term damages are bad for both.
I used to smoke a lot of weed but for health and studying reasons, i gave it up. i have seen some people do it hardly ever and be fine (like once a month or something, or for a special occasion) and i have seen those who smoked it severalk times a day, every day, for years. I'm not against it, but the ones who rarely used it made it to university, or have good jobs. Those who constantly used it are homeless, estranged from their families, skinny, poor, stupid.
however, alcohol can also do this so i think that either cannabis should be decriminalised or alcohol more strictly controled.
I don't know what the rules for possession are in other parts of the world, but in Britain, you can have no more than a sixteenth of an ounce with you, and the police will turn a blind eye. More than that and you can be done for dealing.

--------------
My body only feels good when it burns!
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2003/03/03, 03:03 AM
I see your point, london, about pregnancy etc.and i agree with you there mostly, yet i still believe that afer chronic use of THC from a young age possibly leads to sterilty, coz thats just what the professionals say and we've got no case against them.
On the alchol subject, i couldn't agree more. I nearly got myself killed by drinking excessively, and ended up in hospital. Its surprising how fast it goes! it didn't seem like i was drinking that much at all. I didn't recall anything the next day, my friends had to tell me what happened. but one things for sure, i realised how much control such substances can take over you, and from now on i'm just staying off them.
JennVice
JennVice
United States
2003/03/03, 09:36 PM
ok it does not make you sterile! ... there are a billion things that aren't good about it, but out of all the illegal drugs it's the least dangerous...
Coming from a state that prides itself on it's wonderful green leaf, I'll let you know what I know ...
My nutrition professor works with the sports teams (this is kinda a funny story); well this girl was on the track and cross country teams and would only smoke on the weekend when she wasn't competing or training; but then midweek she would start experiencing symptoms of being high! The deal is that pot is stored in our fat. What do good athletes use as the main energy source? FAT of course! When she worked out, the fat would burn and rerelease the pot into her system. :)ha ha... kinda funny!
mrmagical
mrmagical
United States
2003/03/03, 11:34 PM
Makes men produce breast Lmao! Neverheard of that...
JennVice
JennVice
United States
2003/03/04, 12:07 AM
yeah I've never heard that or seen that... the only way I can see that happening is from the munchies and lack of exercise!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/03/04, 11:01 AM
The "idea" of male infertility and gyno comes from a few studies that suggest smoking mj may elevate estrogen levels while possibly decreasing testosterone production at the same time. Nothing with massive evidence yet, but it is under investitgation.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2003/03/04, 11:37 AM
its true THC is stored in fat cells, but i find it hard to believe that u can get high on what is stored there, coz its mainly just the 'rest' of it. but hey-if you say so. r u sure u maybe missed the sarcasm though? ;)
JennVice
JennVice
United States
2003/03/04, 06:58 PM
no really! she was just in such amazing shape... he said it's the only time they ever encountered it (so obviously it doesn't happen often)
JennVice
JennVice
United States
2003/03/04, 06:59 PM
no really! she was just in such amazing shape... he said it's the only time they ever encountered it (so obviously it doesn't happen often)
timbaland
timbaland
United States
2003/03/06, 03:43 AM
Be carefl with the weed man. Don't get addicted. My friend got addicted and smoke like once a week and he started holding the smoke in longer too. the result, he got a collapsed lung and had to have surgery. Because of his lung thing he hasn't been able to play bball or lift for like the past 5 months even though he wants to.
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2003/03/06, 10:27 AM
shit man-a collapsed lung? thats bad! It is not possible to get physically addicted to weed (appart from when other drugs like opium are added) but you can get mentally addicted to it. so in other words, your body doesn't shake without having it for a while, but its possible to mentally depend on the drug.
jugirl
jugirl
United States
2003/03/07, 02:57 PM
hate to say it but up until three years ago I was pretty involved with drugs and the 'scene' so I've met literally hundreds of people who smoke pot and did or due much worse things. Never met a guy with boobs from smoking pot unless he was a flabby fat a## and never met anyone who was skinny from smoking it either. Also, I am now a straight A student with great reflexes who is working on becoming a virulogist or immunologist(basically a doctor who does medical research concerning disease) I am also very fertile though sometimes I wish I weren't so that I wouldn't have to worry about becoming pregnant. Also, I don't mean to be rude, but I think timbaland's friend was smoking meth or he was just a one a million case concerning the lung collapsing. It is possible to become mentally addicted to weed, but think about it-It's a hell of a lot less addicting than food is to most people.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/03/07, 04:20 PM
Very sad comparison for someone who is going to medical school. And I haven't yet seen anyone pulled from an auto wreck from being too high on chocolate!

--------------
Peace on earth

Ivan Montreal Canada
timbaland
timbaland
United States
2003/03/08, 02:38 AM
Yeah. I meant my friend was mentally addicted to weed. Weed affects the level of some chemical in your brain like dopamine or something I forgot what. And I hadnt seen him for a few months before he got the collapsed lung so i don't really know what drug he was doing. The important thing though is that he learned his lesson and only drinks now, no more drugs.
prok
prok
Canada
2004/03/07, 02:43 PM
first off I was doing a search on google about the affects of weed when you workout. First off I would like to say that I am a cronic and so far I have not growen breats. So that cannot be true. It doesn't make you skinner because doctors say that you should smoke weed if you are anoreix because it makes you hungry and you eat. With the whole breats thing and women becoming steril the only way this would happen is if you are taking steriods are a estogen pill. Their are ALOT more reasons for weed being medicinal than bad. Doctors will say a bunch of bullshit about it because it is illegal. I agree with what was said before about alchoal and ciggarettes. Being high is not nearly as a bad as being drunk. In history their has never been a single death related strickly to weed and nothing else. Their is always another drug or alchoal involved. Their have been a lot of studies that the US has performed and will not release to the public about marijuana because they got inverted results from what they were looking for and therefore did not release it because it would make them look bad. I agree that smoking weed now before working out is not neccesaily the best thing but it is not going to make you grow breasts and make women sterile because those are the symptoms that come with steriods and other muscle enhancers. With the whole "addiction" thing i don't belive it is addicting. It may be mentally addicting cause you could be sitting at home and be bored out of your mind so you decide to go for a smoke and then you won't be as bored. But I believe if I wanted to stop (and had a reason too) then I would stop in half a second and never smoke again. But since I have no good reason then im not going to. Its defently not like alchoal or cigarretes. You will not start shaking if you want to get high but you can't...You might get dissapointed but in 5 min that will be gone and you won't even care. Thats my 2 cents on this topic.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/07, 02:57 PM
Hey PROK..............Then whats your reason for not stopping?....first of all, YES there has been numerous deaths linked to thc use(strictly). Marijuana inhibits brain function to the point of intoxication. Because it does not have the same intoxicating efects as alcohol does, it gets the reputation as being "safer". You are freakin ignorant if you think this will have no effect on your training. As far as the breast thing goes, that is a rarity but you can't base your entire argument on one particular side-effect that effects only .5% of users. Get your facts strait. You are a pot-head and of course you will back your argument with moot points. Marijuana is not the end-all-be-all of illicit drugs, but don't sit here and say that there are no adverse effects. When you find your relationships and social activities starting to get dull and "boring", then you'll know why. You say there is no addiction then I challenge you to stop...I bet you can't without going through mood swings and withdrawl symptoms. I understand we are not talking about heroin here, but get your facts strait. Your argument is repetative, subjective, lacks substance, irrelavent, and ignorant. Go smoke trees

prok
prok
Canada
2004/03/07, 03:06 PM
My reason for not stopping is that I don't have a reson to stop. I didn't say that it will have no affect on training. if you read my post i said that smoking weed during workout is not the best thing to do. I'm going to start working and im not going to smoke before i do. Because its not good. I would also like to see where you read about a death due to mj by itself with no other drugs or affects. im not saying it is the end all and the be all. I do not have affects on my with mj. If you know how to control yourslef then you will be fine. On of my good friends is studing physics at mcgill univiersite (on of toughest in Canada) and he has some of the best marks on his classes. And youknow whats funny is he would smoke me under the table any day. With this whole challenge you are bringing up their is no point. You will never know that i stopped smoking or you will never know that i did it BECAUSE ITS ON THE INTERNET. and yah if my social activited do get boring and dull then ill stop...cause thats a reason isn't it! and your argument is biased...same with mine. Do some searches on the medicinal purposes..You'll be surprised!
prok
prok
Canada
2004/03/07, 03:54 PM
I just want to add that I didn't post that message to get into arguments. I posted it with my thoughts and opinion. Just like every other thread in this topic. if i have offended anyone in anyway i apoligize..I just read this topic and I thought their were something said that weren't true so I was giving my opinion.
Thanks
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/03/07, 07:13 PM
If it has uses in medicen or not is not the issue here. There have been deaths realted to just MJ. You do some reasearch on that! IT is a drug that impairs you! Yes it is not like Herion or others like that but get real. Just be cause I may get drunk on wine rather than vodka does not mean that I am any less drunk. Your reasoning that since mj has uses in medcine then there is no reason for you to stop is ignorant at the least. mj has been linked to chromosome damage and other such problems. Not to mention the fact that you are somking! ANd by the way lung cancer is still lung cancer and studies have proven that mj is just as bad or worse than regualr cigs...so just look into what you say man! I have known a lot of kids while I was in college that did what you are doing and on their best days they could barley lace a pair of boots up. I know it makes you dumber.....good luck!

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/07, 08:30 PM
Gotcha man...but your argument did suck.:laugh::laugh::laugh: Sorry for the lecture.:cool:

============
Quoting from prok:

I just want to add that I didn't post that message to get into arguments. I posted it with my thoughts and opinion. Just like every other thread in this topic. if i have offended anyone in anyway i apoligize..I just read this topic and I thought their were something said that weren't true so I was giving my opinion.
Thanks
=============

--------------
I can beat Mario Brothers without losing a life.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
goodoldtex
goodoldtex
United States
2004/03/07, 09:11 PM
oooOOOooOOOoOOO jdelts can you really beat the mario brothers without losing a life? Thats bad-a$$. The force must be strong with you, im just a young padawon.

Sorry, nothing about marijuana here, i just noticed JDelts' qote and had to say something.
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/09, 01:12 AM
You're damn right Tex...:cool:

--------------
I can beat Mario Brothers without losing a life.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
big_j_scf
big_j_scf
United States
2004/03/09, 06:55 PM
so what if i habitually smoke dried grass and oak leaves?
2004/03/09, 07:15 PM
Easier than smokin them wet.

--------------
The greatest mystery of life is who we truly are.

Charlie
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/03/16, 09:49 AM
bump
jsom85
jsom85
United States
2004/03/16, 05:32 PM
has anyone mentioned the fact that so much as being around weed is a federal offense? i mean, i think going to jail is enough reson for me not to without even touching the whole issues you just discussed.

--------------
Get your weight up, kid
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/03/16, 09:24 PM
Yes, I said it is illicit. That usually goes without saying. Alot of these people's arguments are "it deosn't hurt me, and pot is illegal 'just because'". But good point jsom85, it is illegal in the u.s. as well as canada.

--------------
Baseball is wrong: Man with four balls cannot walk.

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
fouts
fouts
United States
2004/03/23, 04:45 PM
Alright, I have been reading this post and had to chime in. I did research and could not find one death related to strictly marijuana. If you want to know some facts there is a book called Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts by Lynn Zimmer, Ph.D. and John P. Morgan, M.D. And not to be rude or anything but I think these people know what they are talking about a little more than you guys. As far as quitting with no side effects, I did and I haven't touched the stuff in about 2 years. And I have friends who still use it day after day and are in college with 4.0 grade averages at very prestigious schools. Before you begin arguing over this topic just pick up the book and read it. You should be able to find plenty of exerpts online also. And as far as it being illegal. You are right and as long as it is I don't see the point in smoking it. I'm not willing to spend time in jail for a plant. But as for the harmful effects, research will probably surprise you of how not harmful it really is. As far as it being illegal, watch the movie called Grass narrated by Woody Harrelson and that will give you some perspective on why it is illegal. It is also a good history lesson, and in my opinion quite interesting.
fouts
fouts
United States
2004/03/24, 11:31 AM
Check this out: http://www.jackherer.com/comparisons.html
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/03/24, 11:42 AM
LOL that is all I can say. You post one book. That is great that you have friends that smoke it all the time and have 4.0 at prestigious schools(I hate to say it but I do not believe that at all). I went to college and I know those that smoked it a lot and those that were 4.0 students and those that smoked it were not good students at all. AS for deaths.....come on, anytime you have a drug tht impairs you and this does, you will find deaths related to it. AS for a movie who was it made by and what is their connection to the drug? Stats can be made to prove any point and all that I have seen to prove that weed is safe etc are done up by people either making money off it or something like that.

--------------

fouts
fouts
United States
2004/03/24, 11:56 AM
Well, that post just tells me you are very close-minded. I DO have friends that smoke constantly and have 4.0 GPAs at good colleges. Whether you want to believe it or not, I don't really care. I belive people who smoke it and can't perform in school were already poor performers before they started smoking. As for the movie, just watch it, and research its story afterwards. It is factual history of our country's war on drugs. I did extensive research long ago and did it again yesterday trying to find an actual death from marijuana alone. No dice! You are right about people making money off of their reports. But isn't our government making tons of money off of making us believe it is unsafe. There are always two sides to every story, and I believe I'm the only one who provided a little evidence. As for the book, the research is based on fact. Read it before you down it. By the way, I love this sight and I mean to offend no one.
ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2004/03/24, 12:44 PM
I hate to break it you fouts but it is unsafe. True - people may not overdose on it and die. But if someone was high and was killed in a wreck, you would have to put that in the death due to marijuana category. Smoking in general is unsafe reguardless of the smoke is from. As for you having friends that smoke and still have 4.0 in college. I can believe that but they are a vast minority at best. I have also heard of people skydiving, their parachute not opening but they lived. It does not mean to just jump out of the plane. Also, I do believe that smoking pot will lead to other drugs.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/03/24, 12:58 PM
No offense taken. I am close minded about drugs yes! I have had family members start with you "harmless weed" and end up in jail for herion....does that happen to each weed smoker? No, but smoking weed is as harmful to the body as cigs or worse. I hate drugs and really have always made it a point to not be around them. I think, no offense fouts, that those that use them are weak minded. not stupid just not mentaly strong enough to get thru life with out clouding their minds. Drug taking is not social it is a mental response to outside stimlui. By this I mean that most if not all drug users are using to get past life which the reality of is too hard to handle sober. That is my opinion of a lot of years of watch ing others do this. That is what drugs are for fouts to make facing reality easier. And is all this makes me a "very close-minded" person that so be it.

--------------

dahayz
dahayz
United States
2004/03/24, 01:12 PM
I have come to realize that what people want to do there bodies is there own business, you wanna smoke a spliff? Have at it, you don't get my respect. You wanna be STUPID enough to put CRAP into your body, have at it, you don't get my respect. Drugs are the crutch of a weak mind, plain and simple.
fouts
fouts
United States
2004/03/24, 01:13 PM
As for your post ATIGER, you are right smoking is not good no matter where it comes from. I don't even like second hand smoke. And yes people get killed in car wrecks and have marijuana in their systems, but if you research that you will find that most often there are other drugs or alcohol in their system as well. I hate to break it to you guys but I came from a very big high school in Texas, and I seriously can only think of just a handfull of people that did not smoke it. And I was popular in school, so I knew a lot of people. And the majority of the people I knew that smoked it are at great schools and doing well. (Of course they were good students before they smoked pot). The people who drank constantly are the ones who are in trouble now. I just know that I have had 4 friends die from either drinking and driving or a drunk hitting them in the last 4 years and pot hasn't killed anybody I know, and that makes me wonder about what should be legal. As far as weed goes, it probably isn't the safest thing to do. But alcohol is 10 times worse. And smoking pot only leads to other drugs if you want it to. It is your decision to move on to other things. I guess no matter how you look at it being sober is your best bet. But if I just had to get messed up on something I would choose pot over alcohol (if it were legal). And seriously if you ge time read the book I wrote about, please do, it may surprise you. Everything discussed throughout this entire post is researched in that book.
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2004/03/24, 01:17 PM
Why are you so adament about us agreeing with your opinion? I mean, what's your purpose? What, are you starting a church or something? maybe a little congregation? I respect your opinion, but that is where it ends.
1 2 3 of 3 pages resultset_next resultset_last