Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

satisfacion vs frustration

hangclaw
hangclaw
United States
2003/02/04, 10:58 AM
I just finished my first 8 wk program, and the results are mixed. First the good. When I originally became serious about fitness, I weighed 234. I am 74.5 inches tall, and I now weigh 202. That is great. I also feel much more toned. The bad--I can't seem to find the bottom. I thought I would be at or near my best at this low weight, but it seems I have to lose more. But, some people have been telling me recently that I am losing too much, which really ticks me off. They don't see what I do under the clothes. Oh well, I just wanted to update and vent a little.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/02/04, 11:23 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
rsquade
rsquade
United States
2003/02/04, 11:30 AM
Be careful that you keep a realistic view of yourself. I know I seem to find every flaw when I look at myself in the mirror. I'd suggest getting some stats - like body measurements, tracking weight loss, etc to help you realize the progress you're making. How about a body fat analysis? You must be at some low numbers. You might also focus on muscle tone. Get some outside advice - you're tough to see from here.
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2003/02/04, 11:59 AM
You know what you want, & you know that the others dont have a clue.
Keeping fit is for the rest of life, it is just made up of a few weeks here and a few more there.
Sounds like your doing great to me.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/02/04, 01:23 PM
We tend to be our own worst critics. Bodybuilding is a strange animal, you think you want a certain look, but then it is never good enough. Congrats on your gains, keep up the good work, keep focused. There are many who will diss you for what you are doing. You cannot please everyone, so don't try. Be happy with yourself! Best of luck to you, and keep up the great gains. You are an inspiration to lots of folks on this board.

--------------
Failing to plan is like planning to fail!
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/02/04, 03:06 PM
When I first lost all my weight (Topped the scales at 250) People told me I was losing to much weight too! Then I stepped back and looked at the people who were telling me this (like my 230lb girlfriend) Look at the source. It has been 3 years since I started losing weight and it has been 11 months since I started bodybuilding, now they say I am an inspiration to them. Keep up the hard work you will get there and congrats to you also, what a great accomplishment you have done. I lost a whole me and that me can will always stay away.

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/02/04, 04:27 PM
Nice work. Keep up the good gains, don't be side tracked by others. I remember when I first started to see my stomach starting to look flat, wow, and I still had a ways to go,people were telling me to start eating again, problem was, I never stopped and it became a hobby.
Keep going

--------------
Nothing is too small to know, and nothing is too big to attempt!

Ivan Montreal Canada
hangclaw
hangclaw
United States
2003/02/04, 08:45 PM
Hey thanks, guys. I know who I train for, and why. I also know that I wont look like Mr. Universe, but I do want to get rid of these "love handles". I just thought they would be gone with that much weight loss. I do see 3 cans in my "six-pack", though. Sometimes I just stare at it in the mirror. My wife thinks I'm crazy. She is great, though, always encouraging, and she has started some simple weight training of her own. The other people don't matter to me, but they are the same ones who were so supportive in the beginning. It seems that the longer I stay with it, the more critical they get. Weird, huh?
Thanks again for the support.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/02/04, 08:55 PM
Yeah, you will find that most people for some reason don't like you to actually succeed. Misery loves company, and some fear that you are leaving them in the dust so to speak.

--------------
Failing to plan is like planning to fail!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/05, 02:27 AM
lol it's true this thing about sometimes wanting to take off the clothes in front of people just "to show them"!!!
People don't know how your body look and if you got lots of clothes on, you can even look fat!

I'm tall, I'm no way big but I'm not fat either BUT since I'm always freezing I often wear at least 3-4 different sweaters. Well not really a surprise if I say that this makes me look rather BIG! Anyway, I went to the chemistry the other day to buy some stuff and the lady took me directly to the weight loss products and cellulite creams....

Errrrr lol you see the prob?

Frustrating you say? Yeh no kidding!!!!!

Just hang on claw, stay strong and you'll get there!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/02/05, 11:01 AM
All of the above is true. Just remember: the first person you're exercising for and need to impress the most is YOU, whether you're bodybuilding, setting a PR in the bench, or just trying to make your lifstyle more healthy. What your everyone else thinks is secondary.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
hangclaw
hangclaw
United States
2003/02/05, 08:25 PM
lol, that is funny, Nina! Maybe you should have taken her by the hand straight to the gym, you know, voice your own opinion. Well, I say "keep on trainin'". Might as well give 'em something to talk about.

Thanks again, you guys are great!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/02/07, 05:35 PM
I just gotta add my thoughts. As a rather large fella I know something about stares and talk. Here at work people who KNOW me know that I lift. I have had a few times in the past few weeks, that some co-workes make comments to others behind my back. That is ok I know who and why I am workingout. They (those that do not know) do not realize that I am in better shape than they are. Hangclaw do not worry about it right now just enjoy the fact that you have reached the level you have and keep going at it. It will happen for you if you stay with it and do not let those talking get to you.

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!