Group: I am overweight or obese

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 381, Messages: 6449

Being overweight is a common trait these days and there is not enough help out there. Find out how you can shed those pounds and improve yourself from within.

Join group

How do i loose weight fast

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 4 5 of 6 pages resultset_next resultset_last
haypita
haypita
United States
2006/06/29, 07:06 PM
I am 13 and i way almost double most of the girls in my grade. (Thats sad:()I really want to lose some of the weight before i go back to school.

PLEASE HELP!
flaminchicken91
flaminchicken91
United States
2006/07/05, 01:05 AM
hi i am 19 and im 6'1 i way about 296. while most poeple say i dont look my weight none of them has seen me without a shirt. what i seen disgusts me and when ever i try a new diet i have a hard time sticking to it. i just always get discouraged. i would like to find the most affective way to lose weight as fast as i can. but i have personally seen the dangers of starvation and the so called water diet. and would like to find the healthiest solution possible and i was hoping someone could help.
cnr14
cnr14
United States
2006/07/11, 12:45 AM
hi im 17 and i weigh 142 pds and i just want to lose about 30 pds im not in a hurry but i want to lose it anybody got any suggestions if so email me at cnr14@yahoo.com:(

--------------
cnr14
clintonthomasII
clintonthomasII
United States
2006/07/11, 02:46 PM
Yo man Im just tryin 2 get cut 4 school in august how do I do it.
prettylily
prettylily
United States
2006/07/20, 04:52 PM
hi i really need help so if u can give me advice. im at college and in feel so imparessed when peopol look at me .i even change my clothe about three times be4 i go to college . so please help me
sexyprincess333
sexyprincess333
United States
2006/07/24, 11:01 PM
Hi! I am 14 years old, and I weigh 178 pounds, :( and I am all but 5'4'' and I wanna lose about 10 to 20 pounds in about a month for school. I swim and dance everyday, but thats it. I really don't have time for anything else, and I'm trying to start an early career. :big_smile: (I know, i'm only 14, but, I am. Being a novelist, if you are curious) How can I lose that weight in a healthy way, and still have time to do everything else? Help me please!!! :love:

--------------
:love: ~SeXy PrInCeSs~ :love:
jimmybob479
jimmybob479
United States
2006/08/06, 01:30 AM
Are exercise DVDS just as effective as doing my own push ups, etc? Is it aerobics / cardio that I need (whats the difference) to lose weightand not necessarily strength training? Do some dvds have both?
josh621
josh621
United States
2006/08/17, 12:46 AM
how u doing i am 5'11 and weigh 235 i wear it well but would like to trim done and tone up what can u tell me
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/08/17, 08:23 AM
Wow - so many people in the same boat!

Let's get this barge afloat!

Here is what you all need to do, no ifs ands or buts:

1. Look in the mirror and tell yourslef that your worth as a person is not determined by how much you weigh.

2. Repeat number one, and then look again at yourself and smile.

3. Now tell yourself, and believe it, that you are worth taking care of, that you deserve to be healthy and move freely and have energy.

4. Repeat numbers 1-3 every morning and every evening until you stop feeling stupid or cynical about it.

5. Start looking at what you eat and when you eat it. Get a cheap notebook, or a fancy journal, whatever you like, and start writing down what and when you eat.

6. Do some reading in the FAQs forum and the Nutrition forum, start learning what healthy foods are and what healthy habits are.

7. Go for a walk, or rent/borrow a Leslie Sandstone Walk Away the Pounds video and walk indoors. Try to do this every other day for the first few weeks. It doesn't matter if you can only go a block, or ten minutes. Do it. Gradually increase the time and intensity of your walks. But be gradual, don't fatigue your heart or hurt your feet.

8. Don't forget you are still doing numbers 1-3, and writing down what you eat. Let's look at that journal. See any patterns? Are you eating a lot of empty calories, like chips or soda? Are you eating when you are upset or angry or lonely? Are you getting in 3-5 servings of fresh fruit and vegetables a day?

9. Start speaking your mind and defending yourself. Don't let yourself be downtrodden. Remember - you are worth a lot more than you have given yourself credit for. We are all here for a purpose, so don't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. besdies, look at all of the positive steps you are taking. Not many people take charge of their lives like you are now. Be proud.

10. Look at the free exercise programs here at freetrainers - there are programs with no equipment, there are programs with home equipment and there are programs for gyms full of equipment. Pick a workout that will fit your requirements and begin to implement it. Resistance training will wkae up your body like nothing else. Resistance training will fire up the burners in your system and help you drop unhealthy fat. resistance training will give you strength and build you up.

11. Stick around here. Ask questions, answer questions. Create a link that will help keep you moving foward.

12. Repeat stesp 1-11 over and over and keep smiling.

--------------

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
be_famous
be_famous
United Arab Emirates
2006/08/24, 10:01 AM
hey, am 15 years old, n i used to weight 65, i lost 9 kg n i wanna loose more by telling me what to do so i can loose weight in a short period of time, n i would like anyone to help me how to get packs and muscles .. :dumbbell:

please help..
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/24, 10:15 AM
be_famous...go ahead and read through this entire thread...majority of your questions will be answered.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/08/24, 10:54 AM
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG:angry:

--------------

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.
-Abraham Lincoln
soultouch
soultouch
United States
2006/08/30, 01:29 AM
I noticed that many of the people here are young, I am 40 years old and have been trying to loose weight and can't seem to get the weight off. I need help. I want to loose weight fairly quickly, please help.
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/08/30, 12:23 PM
Well soultouch, im a 36yo male, and ive been strictly dieting and following the freetrainers 8 week lose fat and tone up program and im not going to sugar coat it for you, its tough, and it takes time. i got to the point where i just had enough of the 3x tall shirts and the 46 inch waist shorts and decided now is the time, it definately takes desire, dedication, discipline and patience, but you will see results fairly quick, specially if you have a high body mass index and body fat. In 6 weeks ive dropped from 361 to 332 ( lost another 3lbs this week ) and ive lost 7 inches between my chest and hips and waist, not to mention i feel great, sometimes grump and not looking forward to my workout but i suck it up, so if you really want to change your lifestyle and get healthier, eat a proper diet and exercise, its as simple as that, good luck and welcome to freetrainers, there is an over abundance of awesome people here, use the fitbuddy search engine at the bottom of the page and look for answers for your question andor post, they'll all be answered.....

--------------
I gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience
in which I must stop and look fear in the face...
I say to myself, I\'ve lived through this
and can take the next thing that comes along...
We must do the things that we think we cannot do.
~Eleanor Roosevelt~
p_au27
p_au27
Canada
2006/08/31, 01:15 AM
Hi this is my first post on this website, but for those that are interested in losing weight i just recently lost 60 pounds of fat while packing on some lean muscle so if you have any questions feel free to ask me questions.

as for those who are inquiring about losing weight, set goals, eat healthy well proportioned meals. do exercise atlease 3-4 times a week.

lets see what else...

-take it one day at the time
-try planning your meals for the day a head of time
-Eat 5-6 smaller meals to increase your metabolism
-dont eat foods with hydrogenated fats or high saturated fats
- dont eat or drink anything with high fructose corn syrup
-set goals i.e 10 pounds in 6 weeks
-if you can get a buddy to do weight loss with you, this helps encourage you during the bad weeks

-remember that weight loss starts off but you may hit plateaus... dONT BE DISCOURAGED just keep up the healthy lifestyle.

-And this one i like a lot... Find an activity you like, then it wont be a drag forcing yourself to do it. I myself started playing basketball again, and i anticipate my next game of pick up everyday!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

PEace
Stud61
Stud61
United States
2006/10/02, 12:53 AM
hey everyone, this is my first post here. Im 6'2 285, and im 20 years old. I was always this big due to Football. I always was a huge weight lifter and very active, for the past year and a half my activity has dropped a bit but now im gettin back in kick-butt mode and I was wondering where on this site can i find an actual plan that works or has worked for somebody else. I run everyday after work and then i come home and due 6 sets of push-ups/sit ups. Im seeing results already in 2 weeks and it is really encouraging me to keep grinding. Any suggestions on diet/workout plans
Verchr64
Verchr64
United States
2006/10/02, 06:06 PM
Ok. i was wondering how to loose weight in about 20 days about 10lbs.?:love: Rachel
sdlaw2000
sdlaw2000
United States
2006/10/02, 06:42 PM
Hiya everyone, I'm new to this site and just started my workout today. I'm 5'5" about 220 lbs and I'm 31 years old. For years the heaviest I got was 180 lbs till I had my first child 4 years ago. I got up to 220 lbs with her then lost back down to 175 lbs. Then after I had my son 18 months ago I jumped back up to the 220 lbs and now it is really taking its toll on my body. I'm able to do some of the excerises but not all of them. I bought me on of those Ab Lounges but don't get to use it as often as I would like since I have to store it at my mom's house. Since my kids are so young you would think that they would keep me active and help me lose the weight I need but the pounds seem to add on instead of take off. Any suggestions? :(
sdlaw2000
sdlaw2000
United States
2006/10/02, 06:44 PM
Hiya everyone, I'm new to this site and just started my workout today. I'm 5'5" about 220 lbs and I'm 31 years old. For years the heaviest I got was 180 lbs till I had my first child 4 years ago. I got up to 220 lbs with her then lost back down to 175 lbs. Then after I had my son 18 months ago I jumped back up to the 220 lbs and now it is really taking its toll on my body. I'm able to do some of the excerises but not all of them. I bought me on of those Ab Lounges but don't get to use it as often as I would like since I have to store it at my mom's house. Since my kids are so young you would think that they would keep me active and help me lose the weight I need but the pounds seem to add on instead of take off. Any suggestions? :(
Verchr64
Verchr64
United States
2006/10/02, 09:44 PM
i think since i was a worker at a daycare for about a year. then i was so fit and now since school, and other activities quitting my job had me gain weight. but with your kids.. i think you should run with kids, take them on walks more often. when there older have them join a team ie. soccer football, something and help them with there sport. also swimming lessons like the mommy and me swim lessons will work really well. ymca usually has those. but in general playing games, running around, playing with them at the park helps alot!...

lol
flansj
flansj
United States
2006/10/05, 01:15 AM
I want to loose weight and kinda fast! I am a freshmen at college and i promised myself i didnt wanna gain the "freshmen fifteen" and the first weeks of college were easy now were like over a month in and i can tell im gaining weight! I wanna loose like 20 lbs.. or at least Fat!.. HELP ME
moonlightlilly
moonlightlilly
Canada
2006/11/04, 03:31 AM
im almost 19 years old and for most of my life i was thin untill i got diagnosed with bi polor and was a ginny pig for alot of diffrent medications now in the past three years i have gained 80 lbs and it is effecting my health i need to get it off and quick! i just dont know how
Hotbaby
Hotbaby
United States
2006/11/06, 09:55 PM
I AM 14 AND I WEIGH ABOUT 220 AND ITS HOLDING ME BACK! I CANT SEEM TO LOOSE THIS WEIGHT I HAVE TRIED ALMOST EVERYTHING WHAT SHOULD I DO? ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!:(

--------------
HoTbAbY
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/11/07, 08:42 AM
Go ahead and read this thread...the whole thing...it answers your questions already.....
ram11273
ram11273
United States
2006/11/07, 06:19 PM
Hi, I'm 5'4, 203 female with multiple sclerosis, depression, anxiety, and an ulcer..I'm on 10 medications, when I have an MS "outbreak" they put me on steroids, that's when I gain more weight..In the last year I've gained 25 lbs due to the steroids, even though I have always hadd a weight problem...I joined a gym yesterday, I wanted to know if anyone has any particular diets and workouts that I can use to lose weight...Thanks for all the help...
Cts35
Cts35
United States
2006/11/12, 11:57 AM
hi im 5'6 and 146 lbs i want to lose 10lbs fast and i've tried eveything how can i do it fast like in 2 weeks:)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/12, 01:37 PM
Wow - so many people in the same boat!

Let's get this barge afloat!

Here is what you all need to do, no ifs ands or buts:

1. Look in the mirror and tell yourslef that your worth as a person is not determined by how much you weigh.

2. Repeat number one, and then look again at yourself and smile.

3. Now tell yourself, and believe it, that you are worth taking care of, that you deserve to be healthy and move freely and have energy.

4. Repeat numbers 1-3 every morning and every evening until you stop feeling stupid or cynical about it.

5. Start looking at what you eat and when you eat it. Get a cheap notebook, or a fancy journal, whatever you like, and start writing down what and when you eat.

6. Do some reading in the FAQs forum and the Nutrition forum, start learning what healthy foods are and what healthy habits are.

7. Go for a walk, or rent/borrow a Leslie Sandstone Walk Away the Pounds video and walk indoors. Try to do this every other day for the first few weeks. It doesn't matter if you can only go a block, or ten minutes. Do it. Gradually increase the time and intensity of your walks. But be gradual, don't fatigue your heart or hurt your feet.

8. Don't forget you are still doing numbers 1-3, and writing down what you eat. Let's look at that journal. See any patterns? Are you eating a lot of empty calories, like chips or soda? Are you eating when you are upset or angry or lonely? Are you getting in 3-5 servings of fresh fruit and vegetables a day?

9. Start speaking your mind and defending yourself. Don't let yourself be downtrodden. Remember - you are worth a lot more than you have given yourself credit for. We are all here for a purpose, so don't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. besdies, look at all of the positive steps you are taking. Not many people take charge of their lives like you are now. Be proud.

10. Look at the free exercise programs here at freetrainers - there are programs with no equipment, there are programs with home equipment and there are programs for gyms full of equipment. Pick a workout that will fit your requirements and begin to implement it. Resistance training will wkae up your body like nothing else. Resistance training will fire up the burners in your system and help you drop unhealthy fat. resistance training will give you strength and build you up.

11. Stick around here. Ask questions, answer questions. Create a link that will help keep you moving foward.

12. Repeat stesp 1-11 over and over and keep smiling.

--------------

There is more to us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less.
Kurt Hahn
Mandithing
Mandithing
United States
2006/11/12, 02:59 PM
okay i need help losing weigh. im 5'6 and i weigh somewere around 145lbs -150lbs i have huge love handles. is there any type of work out i can use to get rid of them.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/12, 03:04 PM

--------------

There is more to us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less.
Kurt Hahn
Mandithing
Mandithing
United States
2006/11/12, 04:12 PM
okay i heard drinking lots of water will halp you lose weigh. will it
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/11/12, 05:18 PM
Not if you aren't eating right and working out, too.

Water is important, but it is just aprt of the big picture. Do some reading in the FAQs forum, I am sure most of your questions are answered there. And fill out your profile - more people will atek your posts seriously and answer them. (if they aren't things that have already been answered a lot.

--------------

Kurt Hahn
raiderfanusa
raiderfanusa
United States
2006/11/22, 05:12 PM
You can not reverse the effects of in a short time what you have neglected for obviously a long time. I can say this freely because I have been there. Was 296. Now 245 and going strong. There is no magical answer. Consume fewer calories every day than you burn and you will loose weight. Eat, Eat healthy and Excecise. A good cardio session will effect the rate your body consumes calories for up to 18 hours. Be committed, Stay committed, be willing to WORK at it! No Free Rides to good long term health.

--------------
Your body will react to what your mind sees. Make sure your mind focuses on the target you want to reach.
Emma1013
Emma1013
United States
2006/11/28, 08:18 PM
Hey,
Well i have a very sweet boyfriend and im sure that doesnt mind but im overweight!I hate going to the mall because all of my friends have these perfect bodies and can fit into XS while im bustin out of an XL! Its embarrasing! Especially when my boyfriend is haning out with the small pretty girls and then i dont even want to go over there when he calls! Im 155 and my friends are maybe 92! It sucks to have people walk past you and you can tell that they are talking about you! I guess you could say that im popular! Im a cheerleader and i hang out with the popular crowd but i always feel like i really dont belong! My boyfriend loves to surf and he wants to teach me how! but that means ill have to wear a bathingsuit around him! I dont want him to see me! I want to look good in a bikini and i want to fell confident when im with my friends and i want to walk right up to my boyfriend and say hey while hes hanging out with the skinny pretty girls! I really need to lose weight!and i need to do it soon!:(
redvelvet
redvelvet
United States
2006/12/12, 08:10 PM
I need help. I only have 12 days till all my family gets together for christmas and I need to loose about five pounds and tone up. I dont have access to a gym. I have free weights and some resistance bands. I got some advise but I thought I would try for somemore just in case.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/12/12, 09:18 PM
You might have better luck planning now for next year. I don't mean to sound sarcastic but this kind of post makes it hard to be otherwise. 5 lbs is virtually nothing and you sure as hell aren't going to get in shape in 12 days no matter what kind of equipment you have.
jacquelinegoh
jacquelinegoh
Singapore
2006/12/17, 09:59 PM
h0w to get rid of baby fats?
or even water fats?
:DD thanks
roja
roja
India
2006/12/20, 08:51 AM
hi
i am 23 and i want to loss my weight little fast and my weight was 70kg and height 158 cm.
mindi1717
mindi1717
United States
2006/12/27, 04:17 PM
don't eat nor drink , and you lose weight !!!!! there is no way to lose weight faster than the time took to gain it, just eat right and exercise and u will lose weight faster than u think , good luck :love:
bcooper0219
bcooper0219
United States
2007/01/03, 05:32 AM
ok......Im new on here and the nutrition tracker is really confusing me. I am a 20 year old college student and I am trying to get the perfect basketball body. I am 6'1 and 226 ponds. I want to just btone up my stomach, arms, chest, and legs. Probably lose a couple pounds here and there too. Can anybody help me figure out what I need to eat and when I need to eat it?? I basically need an eating schedule. help me......:surprised:
bfritz23
bfritz23
United States
2007/01/11, 05:08 PM
is is possible to lose 40 lbs in 4 or 5 months
frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/01/11, 07:45 PM
thats like 10 lbs a month not sure thats healthy. Try setting smaller goals. It took years to put on so it wont come off that fast. Just eat right and exercise.
dana_d
dana_d
United States
2007/01/14, 12:39 AM
Ok. Im only 20 years old and 4'11 and I weigh 165lbs. Im getting married march 1st...how can I lose 50-60lbs till then...I really wanna look nice on my wedding day..I gained all my weight after I had my son now hes 2 yrs old...Ive been trying for almost a year now to lose it....
Help!
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2007/01/14, 12:09 PM
Dana I hate to tell you that 50-60 lbs wont come off that fast....March 1st is less than 2 months away.....Eat healthy cut out thejunk....and get active and you can drop some fat by then.... 1-2 pounds a week is a healthy expectation...but a goal that high will just set yourself up for failure and disappointment.
Jessah_Oaks
Jessah_Oaks
United States
2007/01/18, 03:31 PM
I am engaged, I am at least 100 lbs over weight, my wedding is in June I can't get married like this, I try to diet and I can't, what do I do? I have always been a big girl, I am 5'10, and I am big boned but I am still fat. I don't know what to do?
leslieherr
leslieherr
United States
2007/01/18, 04:09 PM
Sign up for the nutrition and exercise plans here. But let me tell you, you are not going to lose any weight fast. Its just not possible and is very unhealthy for you.
You have 5 months to lose some weight, do it the right way and you will still look fantastic for your wedding.
You also need to set small goals, first try losing 10% of your current weight. Don't make it an impossible goal or you will get discouraged and end up quiting.
Good luck, there are lots of people here for support and information.

Leslie
frnchfry81
frnchfry81
United States
2007/01/19, 10:57 AM
I can tell you that a 100lbs will not come off that fast. But even if you could 10 to 15 by the time you will feel great about yourself and you will glow at your wedding Diet will help. But you should combine it with exercise It has taken me 9 months now to come down 22 lbs but for me the improvement I love the most are the inches I've lost My jeans are looses and I can wear shirts I couldn't wear before I Bet I would have to take in my wedding dress now to wear it. Good thing I'm already married:). You can do it if you really want to. Just set attainable goals.

--------------
A** kissing only works if you know which one to kiss.
silvester
silvester
United States
2007/03/01, 01:58 PM

============
Quoting from homeyg:

Hi,i am 5'8 and weigh about 250 pounds:( i have been trying to loose weight but i just cant seem to make any changes.
i am trying to loose a lot of weight and get healthy before the college starts on August 10th. Please i need your help!!!..... just rifere this site is true or not...
http://www.redtagdeals.com/diet_plans-coupons
=============
brwneyez58
brwneyez58
United States
2007/03/04, 04:48 PM
I am 5'2" and 150 lbs. I will soon be 50 and have COPD. What can I do to lose 30 lbs. before May? (That gives me two months!):(:):love:

============
Quoting from poolmaster1990:

oops sorry im not done.. also you WONT lose all the weight at once so dont get discouraged... the 1st 10 lbs of weight are the absolute easiest to lose because most of it is water weight. The rest are tougher... you should set on a track to lost 2-3 lbs per week because that's typically healthy.. not 8 or 10... chances are you WONT lose all your weight before august 10th but hey.. better now then never!

=============
cracker07
cracker07
United States
2007/03/04, 07:01 PM
i am 16 and weigh 130 and i wanna get to bout 110 r so i want 2 get abs but i dont kno how to get my lower abs. and i think i need 2 go on a diet. i need to do sumthing quick . i waz thinking of jus not eatin but by the 3rd day i never feel like doin anything.. i need help wat can i do to get thiner

--------------
ashley,, babygirl13026@yahoo.com. and my screen name 4 yahoo is babygirl13026
coastie541
coastie541
United States
2007/03/05, 02:34 AM
brwneyez58, COPD, so you probably couldn't run, can you walk? Elliptical is lower impact than running/jogging on a treadmill, try that. 30lbs before May is difficult and you definitely do not want to starve yourself or do anything crazy like a water diet only. If you lower your calorie intake by 500 and you stay moderately active, you could lose anywhere from 1-3 lbs per week. Eat right, nutritious and often, eat clean, every 3 hours and no carbs after 7pm, your body will normally process it as fat as it is trying to slow down and recuperate from the day. Let me know if you need any additional advice. Best of luck.
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 3 4 5 of 6 pages resultset_next resultset_last