Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Too Muscular?

Greenlee
Greenlee
United States
2003/01/17, 10:02 PM

Is there a such thing as too muscular for a female? Is there a point when a male looks at a female and is turned off by her muscular structure?
mrmagical
mrmagical
United States
2003/01/17, 10:08 PM
Yes i believe there are alot of women i see in the muscle mags that i dont find apealing because of their huge muscles ,I suppose its all in the eye of the beholder though......
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/17, 10:08 PM
In my opinion, I think a muscular women is beautiful. Calves/thighs/shoulders.
But thats just me!

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
Greenlee
Greenlee
United States
2003/01/17, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the replies...I guess that I would consider myself overly muscular. I am a career firefighter, and am seriously having a hard time finding a guy
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/01/17, 10:21 PM
I think the professional women bodybuilders, you know, the steroid induced ones, look terrible. A toned muscular woman is a pleasure to look at.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/17, 10:21 PM
Whats overly muscular? shapely?

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
Greenlee
Greenlee
United States
2003/01/17, 10:25 PM
Well, when I mean overly muscular I mean that I have taken medical steroids all of my life for my asthma, so I build muscles in large amounts...I would have to say that when I walk or run you can see every muscle in my legs working or when I lift, you can see very muscle in my arm...I do not look like those female body builders, but damn near close to that
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/01/18, 02:29 AM
greenlee, you sound great to me!

i wouldnt worry about getting too muscular yourself, as in an IFBB pro bodybuilder. those women, and this is the furthest thing from a negative critisism, are not in it to be healthy. they artificially boost their testosterone levels way beyond what any normal woman is capable of, and, as a result, are able to train much longer and with much more intensity that any normal woman could. consequently, they dont look even human; but the same could be said for the pro male body builders - and that is their goal: to become as freaky inhuman as possible.

as a side note: dont worry about the steriods you take for your asthma. they are not the same type as what someone would take for increasing performance. if you gain muscle easily, i would wager that you've got the great bonus of fantastic genetics!

best of luck.......

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/18, 02:36 AM
One thing for sure is that you need to like and believe in yourself to be able to please. Feel confident and happy with your body.
Many women would like to have your muscular legs (ME!!!) and don't be afraid to show you around.

Where do you live? (please fill in your profile)

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2003/01/18, 01:14 PM
i think everyone has a hard time finding a guy...so i'm sure it's not your muscularity. i'll switch places with you, if that's okay. ;)
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/01/18, 03:45 PM
It is such a thrill to gain that muscle, got a 1/4 inch gain on my biceps this week. My husband loves it!!!!!!

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!
CarolinaChick
CarolinaChick
United States
2003/01/21, 07:40 PM
Too Muscular.....no way! Muscle is beautiful babe. You just keep your diet and training up.

I only wish I could say I was too muscular. Best of luck huh.
WetSnatch
WetSnatch
Australia
2003/04/14, 10:08 PM
Im new but in my opinion a muscley (sp?) women is an ugly women. Its cool to get toned and be proud of yourself but body builders just look like men with long hair. They dont have soft skin and they dont have breasts. I find them highly unatractive as do my friends.
pambam
pambam
New Zealand
2003/04/15, 05:19 AM
I used to let people worry me when they told me
'you should stop doing weights, you're getting too big'
so thinking that it looked horrible i toned down and I don't like it as much
now people are saying 'where's your muscle, you're not as bulky'............ you can't keep everyone & YOUSELF happy....... just train the way you want and don't worry.
I'm sure someone lovely will come along

dpking44
dpking44
United States
2003/04/15, 06:53 AM
I agree, too muscular is not attractive. I think the women on the fitness competitions have the ultimate bods for the most part. I know of women that think too muscular is not attractive on guys either. It's a matter of preference. It seems more natural(or accepted) for men to be very muscular than women. No sexist intentions, just a preference.
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/04/15, 09:39 AM
Muscular means too many different things to different people. Like DP said, it's a matter of preference. ...did I just agree with DP!? What is the world coming to? LOL!

For me, muscular is what Philia or Pambam are. And that is GREAT! It's exactly what I'm aiming at. The bodybuilding type of muscular where you always see the veins and they look more like a man than a woman is horrible to me.

For me personally, a female should still look feminine. But you CAN be muscular and be feminie. :) Philia is a great example of that!

--------------
~Jennifer

http://www.gwindalyn.com
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2003/04/15, 09:49 AM
hey, that's not nice Gwindalyn. lol
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/04/15, 09:52 AM
LOL! How can I agree with a tricycle ridding, beanie hat wearing, banana seat using King? LOL!

--------------
~Jennifer

dpking44
dpking44
United States
2003/04/15, 10:04 AM
Ouch. I get no respect(Rodney Dangerfield).
gbaser
gbaser
Antigua And Barbuda
2003/04/15, 12:06 PM
to be honest with you I am married for 4 years, but none of my friends are. they are all having problems finding the "one"... you should love your body and be proud of it. yes, improving your body is great but your physical appearance is no everything. your body carries you everywhere, you eat with it, you live with it and you interact with it. I think sometimes we are too obsessed on how we and others look and it makes us lose our confidence in our body... i definetely recommend yoga to learn to love your body. (not the way it looks, but its functions)
if you are loving person that somebody will find you. your body is there to serve you not some other person...
keep it healthy an enjoy every moment.

gokce
fit4ever
fit4ever
United States
2003/04/16, 10:37 AM
I agree with carolinachick..MUSCLE is beautiful...no one wants fat. Be proud of it. Anyway, men who are intimidated by a woman's muscle probably have insecurity issues to start out with. I know alot of men who would love tobe with a woman who can go to the gym with them and lift...he's out there for you girl!! And if I run into him..I send him your way :) .
Deby
Deby
United States
2003/04/16, 03:47 PM
I saw some female body builders on tv the other day, at least I think they were female!!!! They were UGLY! They really looked like unattractive men! I think that a woman should look very firm when not flexed, and muscular when flexed.

--------------
Gramma
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/04/17, 08:17 AM
It is funny how opinions differ on this topic so much. I mean, for one, if a women has muscle, then good for her. I find that the people who find these sorts unattractive are usually having issues with themselves whether it be man or women. I think a women with muscle is very attractive. It brings a sense of inner strength as well as outer. People look at them as ugly or unfeminine or something else other than a person, how sad is that. Bodybuilding and weight training is an art form, and when a women can add to an already attractive physique with some nice muscle, it makes it that much better. It comes down to society and knowledge, those who don't understand can't accept a women with muscle because it threatens them and makes them look bad, so the end result is being called names and shunning them for what they are doing. Very sad and pathetic. All the girls out there with muscle to show, SHOW IT PROUD!
dpking44
dpking44
United States
2003/04/17, 08:48 AM
I don't think anyone is arguing with you on the attractiveness of muscle on women dahayz. The issue, is "how much" is too much? Muscular/toned women look the very best they can be in my opinion like those in the fitness competitions. Women that body-build and have arms like the guys on WWF are not attractive to me. Sounds like that's the same for some of the others too. Now someone like yourself may find that attractive and that's great! After all, wasn't this particular post asking for opinions? That's what we're giving here.
DP
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/04/17, 02:02 PM
And my opinion is is that if a women has what people consider "to much" muscle, well then they should be proud of that. That's all.
TKD1122
TKD1122
United States
2003/04/17, 07:36 PM
I must agree with dahayz. I used to worry about too much muscle. It made me ashamed that I worked out, but I eventually said to heck with it and kept on doing it for myself. So nowe I like to tell all women to go for it and have fun with lifting.
To heck with those other people. It doesn't matter what others think if they think you're too muscular, I say they're just jealous anyway! :)

--------------
Live life as if it is your last moment in time!
Ms. SIUC BB 2003
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/04/17, 08:00 PM
tdk, from your picture, I can only see your arms, but your muscle is FANTASTIC! That is exactly the kind of muscle I want.

Different people have different concepts of what "muscular" means and is. To some muscular is Madonna. To some it's Laurie Vaniman. To some, it is Jill Mills. My personal 10 year goal is to have something in between.

I have a GREAT respect for ANY women of any muscularity just because they respect and care for their bodies. :)

--------------
~Jennifer

roni0906
roni0906
United States
2003/04/17, 08:27 PM
I think muscular is nice, but I do think you can have too much for both men and women. I love being able to see definition but not huge overpowering muscles. I am more on the fitness side of the house.

--------------
Lisa

Just laugh about it....
TKD1122
TKD1122
United States
2003/04/18, 01:30 PM

============
Quoting from gwindalyn:

tdk, from your picture, I can only see your arms, but your muscle is FANTASTIC! That is exactly the kind of muscle I want.

Different people have different concepts of what "muscular" means and is. To some muscular is Madonna. To some it's Laurie Vaniman. To some, it is Jill Mills. My personal 10 year goal is to have something in between.

I have a GREAT respect for ANY women of any muscularity just because they respect and care for their bodies. :)
=============
Thanks Gwen. I will post some new pics from the show when I can. I agree with you. I amire any man or woman who has naturally changed their bodies to reach the goals that they want. It's a beautiful thing once you get there and are able to look back and appreciate all the fruits of your labor.

--------------
Live life as if it is your last moment in time!
Ms. SIUC BB 2003
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/04/23, 09:43 PM
Stay strong and true to yourself and you will find someone that appreciates you for all that you are and deserves to be with you.
As a large female, who is all natural, I think it is other people's problem if they think you are too muscular. Be proud that you can put on muscle and look fantastic - hold your head up, most people ar escared of being judged by you or feel intimidated by a woman who might be stronger than them.
I also think more men than will admit want a woman who will be subserivent and stay barefoot and in the kitchen.
Don't get me wrong, I am a loving mother, wife and actually very domestic, I just think people have stereotypes for gender as much as for anything else and if they are going to criticize people who work that hard on their physiques, they need to examine why they feel that way.
Yes, the pros are freaky big, but if you think about how little money there actually is in the sport and how few sponsorships, you can see why they are pushed to be bigger and freakier every year. It is sad, many women drop out because they reach a point where it is their career or their health. And attendance for female pro shows is pretty low, the public doesn't really want it that much either, but the judges reward it.

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results