Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

butt fat

effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/12/31, 02:21 AM
Just a question for anyone who can relate. My body fat is low enough that my veins stand up at the gym now in my forearms, biceps and calves, and my abs are getting trimmer, but I seem to be hanging onto fat on my butt and upper thighs. I've got some cellulite too that won't go away. Is it possible to get rid of the cellulite, or am I doomed with dimples? I'm happy because I'm comfortably wearing a size 2 jeans again, but I'd like to look just as good in a bikini.

----------------------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2002/12/31, 01:50 PM
My son calls that little area under my buttocks, which is a fat area, my second little butt. I am going to do a show in May and I also would like to know of something to do about it. I do the squats, the butt machine at the gym, the cross country trainer on the butt level, and the stair master. The only thing I don't do is the lunges. Do you think lunges could make that big of a difference?
master2976
master2976
United States
2002/12/31, 05:11 PM
Lunges is the only thing I noticed that actually makes my butt sore the next day...=)
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2003/01/01, 11:07 PM
I'm down to only one butt, however, try incorporating a little ballet when you work your butt. If you can find an instructor for an hour to teach you a couple of basic moves, you're golden. For some reason, the way even the most basic exercises work you do so in a way that has a major 'lifting' effect.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/01/03, 02:14 AM
Girls, it has often nothing about muscle mass and what exercise you're doing but mostly all a question about fat!!! Oh yes I hate it too, but that's how it is.
What we CAN do is (what you probably all are doing already) weight train, cardio and clean diet. The cellulite is there because we have been eating baaaad (well one of the reasons...) You'll need to drink a lot more water and eat "watery" food like celery, tomatoes, cucumber etc etc
That's from the inside, now from the outside you'll need to massage!!!! Twice a day with those special thigh creams........

It's a long hard travel, but we can all get there!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
CarolinaChick
CarolinaChick
United States
2003/01/07, 09:02 PM
All I can add ladies is diet, diet, cardio, diet, diet, cardio. Oh and squats, lunges, and deadlift.

Good luck, yes it is tough but it sure is worth it!
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/01/11, 10:19 PM
That butt MUSCLE, isn't it called the gluteus maximus and has everyone lied to me!!!!! I thought I was building up that muscle. Diet and exercise, I have been doing this for 11 months now. (By the way the lunges are working LOL)

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!
Chickie
Chickie
United States
2003/01/18, 05:34 PM
Wow this thread answered my questions ! So glad I read it .
Take care~
Shiroryuu
Shiroryuu
United States
2004/01/11, 12:28 PM
Is it me or am I the only guy here with a butt problem? Seriously, I look good without a shirt but my rear end needs some work. I guess this works. Thanx ladies.
greekgirl77
greekgirl77
Canada
2004/01/26, 04:28 PM
Ladies, i am greek so obviously i have butt problems too. I am at a good weight 125 pounds 5'5 however i have celulite coming out of my ears. I put myself on a 20 week program and hopefully i will be bikini ready for the summer. I wish you all luck girls. I know it's hard, but keep in mind that i love you no matter how many dimples on her bum bum
kirby00
kirby00
United States
2004/01/26, 04:42 PM
*sigh* well, at least it's good to know we're all working on this area together.

i just played racquetball for the first & second times this weekend...my butt is sore today from all the lateral leg work...maybe a fun cardio option for people to try :)

kirby
JessicaR
JessicaR
United States
2004/01/26, 06:53 PM
Our gym is opening a new branch w/ raquetball, I can't wait! I used to play raquetball in college and I loved it.

Add me to the big butt club, btw. I say if you have a big butt have a great big butt. My butt was still big when I did lots of heavy squats but hey, at least it was firm.
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2004/01/26, 08:54 PM
I think it is a curse...cellulite. I notice many fit &/or very thin women have it too. Myself included, so you are not alone on this one. I was horrified when I first started noticing it when I was in my late twenties and more so in my thirties and now in my forties it is vitually gone. One thing to keep in mind...lots of TIME, it took me years of butt blasting work outs, consistent, YEAR ROUND clean eating, reduced carbs (for me), NO SUGAR, processed foods... reduced wine (NO liquor) consumption to special occassions only, lots of water, little carbonated beverages too. And consistent cardio to get the bodyfat down...and keep it down. Like I said this takes time to see results and a lifetime of these changes or it will resurface...literally.

And yes Lunge, lunges and more will help with shape of the glutes, but to get rid of the cellulite ?..I wish it was that easy!!

--------------
Leslie
\"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.\"
Taurie
Taurie
United States
2004/01/27, 02:54 PM
Cellulite sucks!
Datdanigirl
Datdanigirl
United States
2004/02/13, 11:53 AM
Aagghh. So it is true... in order to win this one last battle with which I have become completely obsessed.. I must give up those last few vices.

NO Sugar and NO Alcohol??? THAT is dedication.

============
Quoting from ltroisi:

...lots of TIME, it took me years of butt blasting work outs, consistent, YEAR ROUND clean eating, reduced carbs (for me), NO SUGAR, processed foods... reduced wine (NO liquor) consumption to special occassions only, lots of water, little carbonated beverages too..

=============

--------------
^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^
Firm Butt Thin Thighs Flat Abs -
repeat this mantra as needed whenever an unhealthy urge arises.
Datdanigirl
Datdanigirl
United States
2004/02/13, 11:58 AM
Nina, is there really validity to the thigh cremes? I haven't pursued it much because I am so skeptical of 'potions', and most websites on the subject are just infomercials.

I am thrilled with how I look in my pants, but would LOVE to feel as confident in a string bikini!!

============
Quoting from Philia2:

You'll need to drink a lot more water and eat "watery" food like celery, tomatoes, cucumber etc etc
That's from the inside, now from the outside you'll need to massage!!!! Twice a day with those special thigh creams........

=============

Danielle

--------------
^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^~^*^
Firm Butt Thin Thighs Flat Abs -
repeat this mantra as needed whenever an unhealthy urge arises.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/02/14, 03:06 AM
============
Quoting from datdanigirl:

Nina, is there really validity to the thigh cremes? I haven't pursued it much because I am so skeptical of 'potions', and most websites on the subject are just infomercials.

I am thrilled with how I look in my pants, but would LOVE to feel as confident in a string bikini!!

=============

By personal experience I can say yes IF you associate it with healthy diet and exercise. Your thighs will look sooo much nicer since they have been drained and taken care off.
I use an Italien cream who's called Iodase Complexe (www.nme-pro.com) I don't use it all the time but only when I need to be in tip top shape for a photo shoot etc

--------------
www.nme-pro.com
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/06/19, 03:19 AM
============
Quoting from emilyshelly:

Man, oh man... I've tried EVERYTHING to get that cellulite off of my behind. :angry: When I was in middle school, I was the top female runner, and I had cellulite. In High School, after a leg surgery, I tried getting rid of it. I was at the gym twice a day for an hour each, and I ran about 20 miles a day.....Nothing. So is it too late to give up on it? I think it's a family thing and there's just no stopping it.
=============

Yes, it can be a pain in the neck......... :(
Now don't you think that you've overtrained a bit? Your body needs time and energy to build up muscles and burn the fat, and if you don't give it the needed rest or right nutrition (enough water, lots of good fat and proteins) then you'll never get to the final results........

--------------
www.nme-pro.com
pure_505
pure_505
United States
2004/06/18, 07:32 PM
I'm new to this site and LOVE the access to a forum of women who are happy to help one another. I, apparently, am the newest memeber of the "make my butt disappear!!" club. :) I don't care how big it is, as long as it's FIRM. So lunges, cardio and diet, huh? Sounds like a plan. Thanks, girls. :)

--------------
Tina

EmilyShelly
EmilyShelly
United States
2004/06/18, 08:52 PM
Man, oh man... I've tried EVERYTHING to get that cellulite off of my behind. :angry: When I was in middle school, I was the top female runner, and I had cellulite. In High School, after a leg surgery, I tried getting rid of it. I was at the gym twice a day for an hour each, and I ran about 20 miles a day.....Nothing. So is it too late to give up on it? I think it's a family thing and there's just no stopping it.
AmandaNeedHelp
AmandaNeedHelp
United States
2004/07/21, 10:37 AM
hi im amanda im 14, 5'3 between 115 and 118 i have a muscular stomach no fat on my back or arms.. but my butt and thighs are horrable.. really a mess... most celliulite is directly under my butt... how can i save my upper legs and get rid of the cellilute?

amanda
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/07/21, 11:20 AM
Watch your diet, some people just store their fat differently, diet and exercise is of utmost importance, don't give up, just keep working out and eating right - some people figure because other parts of their body seems fat free they can eat what they want - but you have to take care of your whole body by eating right and exercising. Good luck to you!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
krysstiie
krysstiie
United States
2004/07/27, 05:46 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new here and caught this thread just in time, I think. I'm 33, 5'9" and weigh 155 lbs. I need to lose approximately 10 more lbs. I know I won't have that much difficulty doing that but I am worried about the giant pockets of fat just below my butt. Are we saying here, that there may be no hope of losing these blobs? I refuse to wear a swim suit because of my horrible "rolls" beneath my behind. I can't seem to exercise them off and for a while considered surgery. Is there no miracle exercise to be done?
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/07/30, 12:58 AM
Hi Krysstiie and welcome.
Nothing comes out of nothing and lots of work is needed to sculpt a beautiful body.
No miracle exercise but exerciseS, diet, cardio and PATIENCE are the words.
Don't give up and good luck! :):love:

--------------
www.nme-pro.com
Damselfly
Damselfly
United States
2004/07/30, 10:05 AM
The patience part is the hardest! I've been going strong for 4 months now and I'm finally seeing the results I've been wanting :) Still have a way's to go though. Patience IS a virtue!

============
Quoting from Philia2:

Hi Krysstiie and welcome.
Nothing comes out of nothing and lots of work is needed to sculpt a beautiful body.
No miracle exercise but exerciseS, diet, cardio and PATIENCE are the words.
Don't give up and good luck! :):love:

=============

--------------
Damselfly

Whoever said that sunshine brings happiness never danced in the rain. \"unknown\"
mcostic
mcostic
United States
2004/09/14, 10:56 PM
Shape magazine has an interesting anti-cellulite workout (http://www.shape.com/workouts/20?page=1)

I have not tried it yet but the article and workout are interesting. I plan on trying to incorporate it into my schedule.

I will also try the advice here.

Thanks for the tips :)
lbeckowitz822
lbeckowitz822
United States
2005/02/15, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone! I am in need of alot of help. I'm 26 and have neglected my body all of my adult life. I've gained 100lbs. in 2004. I'm really feeling the preasures of my selfish nature and I want to learn to live healthy. Recently I've engaged in the wonderful world of sobriety as well and I suppose the 2 should go hand and hand. I'm learning to take things one day at a time now..so with the courage to change the things I can..I will!
Jennifew
Jennifew
United States
2007/04/25, 09:06 AM
I am having the same exact problem...

============
Quoting from effalunt:

Just a question for anyone who can relate. My body fat is low enough that my veins stand up at the gym now in my forearms, biceps and calves, and my abs are getting trimmer, but I seem to be hanging onto fat on my butt and upper thighs. I've got some cellulite too that won't go away. Is it possible to get rid of the cellulite, or am I doomed with dimples? I'm happy because I'm comfortably wearing a size 2 jeans again, but I'd like to look just as good in a bikini.

=============
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/26, 10:54 AM
Jennifew - you are on the right path if you are seeing fat drop off every where else - check your diet and be sure it is as clean as can bee, try rotating your carbs or calories to trick your body into releasing more fat. When you get very lean you have to resort to tricks to get rid of the last bits of fat.

Cellulite is genetic, but that doesn't mean you are doomed. be sure you are eating enough to maintain muscle mass, try adding a little mass to fill out your legs, that might help with their appearance.

Without knowing your diet or routine, it is hard to be any more specific.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle