Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

NO Explode

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/01/31, 05:37 PM
Overhyped supplement. OK, but nothing to write home about.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

jtmeek81
jtmeek81
United States
2008/01/30, 03:26 PM
I wanted to see how you folks felt about this supplement.

--------------
The funny thing about my back is that its located on my ####.

-Super Bad
anijjar
anijjar
United States
2008/01/30, 03:37 PM
Just caffeine not much more. You will feel more energy during your workouts. Things I stick with are whey protein, CEE (type of creatine - good stuff; tastes like crap), fish oil, and vitamins. Seems to work fine for me.

--------------
1/10/07

Currently: 6\'2 220lbs
Bench: 280 4x8
Max: 350
Incline: 230 4x8
Max: 290
Leg Press: 810 4x15

Try Not,
Do or Do Not,
There is No Try
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/01/30, 04:27 PM
Save your money and buy some coffee or a redbull.
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2008/02/02, 01:09 PM
it also has BCAAS and creatine among a few other things.. its like everything else... works better for some than others..

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
ckinnee
ckinnee
United States
2008/02/21, 12:30 PM
i have n.o xplode and ive found that it really helps me when im tired and really dont wanna lift. the taste is pretty bad but it helps me focus and gives me a great energy boost. you wanna make sure you are drinking alot of water tho just like with any other supplement.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/02/22, 12:48 AM
That's because it's active ingredient is caffeine.

============
Quoting from ckinnee:

i have n.o xplode and ive found that it really helps me when im tired and really dont wanna lift.
=============

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
ckinnee
ckinnee
United States
2008/02/22, 09:40 AM
ya i know. another nice thing is because it is a nitric oxide it relaxes the veins and allows a heavier blood flow. ive heard lets more oxygen get to your muscles. because of this it makes my veins pop out of my arms and shoulder more than they used to which is pretty cool lol.
ckinnee
ckinnee
United States
2008/02/22, 09:43 AM
ill admit that it isnt as good as the bsn athletes make it look tho. the athletes from bsn and muscletech try to make it seem like they used their supplements to get big. when really it is just because of countless hours at the gym, a strict diet, and steroids haha
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2008/02/22, 12:54 PM
============
Quoting from ckinnee:

ill admit that it isnt as good as the bsn athletes make it look tho.
=============

Yeah, but Monica Brant is sooooooo HOT!
She was supposed to marry me, but she just didn't know it.

--------------
Michael

Strength & Conditioning is not everything; it just really sucks to be weak and slow.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/02/22, 02:16 PM
NO2 doesn't relax your veins, it doesn't get oxygen to your muscles, and it doesn't turn you into Ronnie.

It's actually a poison that cuts off your ability to utilize oxygen. I would be skeptical of any supplement that is marketed under the name of a poison.

Hype.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2008/02/22, 08:04 PM
NO2 inhaled as a gas is a poison, however NO2 is naturally created when a muscle contracts. The no2 products out there are marketed hemodialators. NO2 that is produced naturally does increase blood flow and nutrient flow to the muscles. So like any other widely used product out there.. there are those who use it and swear by it and those who dont like it and call bunk on it. But like most other things.. what works for one may not work as well for others.

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/02/23, 12:16 AM
NO2 anywhere within the blood system is a poison. It doesn't have to be inhaled. However, it attaches to white blood cells anywhere it comes in contact to them, and since it is prefered to oxygen by these cells, it prevents you from getting oxygen to the muscles.

NO is actually the proper compound that works as a hemodilator. However, NO is no where to be found within the product.
The idea behind the name is "nitrogen balance". The ingredient is actually arginine, which is actually an essential amino acid. It's also not easily taken through the gastrointestinal track (it's not highly bioavailable and also tends to cause GI distress) and almost all of the studies done with it involve intravenous (IV) arginine. The arginine that NO2 does contain is a poor version at that.

Back to the theory, arginine is supposed to increase NO production. This is supposed to be through an increase in insulin, which then causes a positive nitrogen balance. This is poor chemistry at best. In addition, while this might work for recovery, NO has been shown to have a DETRIMENTAL effect on muscle contraction.

It's poor science, and mostly caffeine. There are reasons most people say it is crap, and not because "it works for some, but not for others".

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
ckinnee
ckinnee
United States
2008/02/23, 12:36 AM
well its working for me and im seeing great results.
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2008/02/23, 10:33 AM
NO2 is NOT a poison as produced by the body! Its production by vascular endothelium is most important in the regulation of blood flow.

--------------
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/02/23, 08:25 PM
NO2 is a poison no matter how it's produced. You're body doesn't care how something is made, all it cares about are the chemical reactions. Chemistry doesn't change just because of where something comes from. I'm not sure what would put you under the impression that the body would produce something that reduces the body's oxygen transportation capacity, but once it gets to the blood, you're done, doesn't matter where it was produced. All various forms (ions) of NO2 are all poisonous, even at low doses.

While you may be thinking of nitric oxide or nitrogen monoxide (NO), I think it's also important to remember that a vasilodator is something that causes the muscles to RELAX enough to allow blood flow. If you actually buy into the chemistry BSN sells as logical, then you quickly realize this is a terrible thing for anyone that actually wants to lift heavy things.

N2O, NO2, and NO are not the same thing, and the fact that the people that produce this wouldn't even take the time to figure this out says a lot to me about the supplement itself. The crap that BSN gets as a company tells me a lot about how much they care about their customers.

As for vascular endothelium, endothelium is a noun, not a process. The word you are looking for is biosynthesis. In addition, the phrase vascular endothelium is redundant, since the only form of endothelium is with regards to the circulatory system.

============
Quoting from ckinnee:

well its working for me and im seeing great results.
=============

Then you would probably see great results with No-Doz and a cup of black tea.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/02/23, 08:35 PM
Anyone that thinks the product is more than caffeine, try taking a full dosage prior to going to bed. I promise, you'll be pissed at me in the morning.

Anyone that thinks the arginine in it can promote blood flow can read this...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7560599?ordinalpos=3&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
It's an article on how oral arginine supplementation did nothing to promote blood flow. Took me 20 seconds to find, so I'd be happy to find more.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2008/02/25, 03:07 PM

============
Quoting from wrestler125:

I'm not sure what would put you under the impression that the body would produce something that reduces the body's oxygen transportation capacity, but once it gets to the blood, you're done, doesn't matter where it was produced. All various forms (ions) of NO2 are all poisonous, even at low doses.

As for vascular endothelium, endothelium is a noun, not a process. The word you are looking for is biosynthesis.

=============

Go back to Chemistry class...and also back to reading class.
Case in point...
I was not looking for biosynthesis I fully meant to say...

Its production by vascular endothelium is most important in the regulation of blood flow.

Vascular endothelium is the friggin noun. And what I said does not say it is a process.

also so what about the corneal endothelium? Not a part of the circulatory system....

Good lord..kid you will argue with a brick wall... on this you are way off base. You are not the genius you think you are. You are the very reason that I and a few others dont come to this board often. You have the typical teen mind. Once you grow up you will realize exactly what I mean.

--------------
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/02/25, 03:56 PM
First off, I'm not an english major, I am a masters candidate for biomechanics though.

But I can still tell you that:
"It's production by..."
the next word should either be a verb or an adverb followed by a noun. "It's production WITHIN THE vascular endothelium would make more sense", but that doesn't matter... NO2 isn't produced within the body.

Also, you can question my english all you want, but that won't make you right about anything else. If you can find a problem with anything I said, then by all means, point it out... but until then, I would suggest that you refrain from the personal attacks when you can't accept something.

You can call me what ever you want, or tell me how wrong you think I am, but until you understand what is happening well enough to explain why it is you think I'm wrong, then I have a feeling you'll continue to just throw insults.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2008/02/25, 05:29 PM
Everyone:

Take a deep breath, knock it off, act civil, or get off the boards...

--------------
Michael

Strength & Conditioning is not everything; it just really sucks to be weak and slow.
merrillj
merrillj
United States
2008/02/25, 05:37 PM
^^ That was me. It seems that Steve and Georgiagirl are arguing about the wrong substance. NO is the ingredient in NoExplode not NO2.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/02/25, 08:56 PM

============

NO is actually the proper compound that works as a hemodilator. However, NO is no where to be found within the product.
=============

============

While you may be thinking of nitric oxide or nitrogen monoxide (NO), I think it's also important to remember that a vasilodator is something that causes the muscles to RELAX enough to allow blood flow.
=============

============
N2O, NO2, and NO are not the same thing, and the fact that the people that produce this wouldn't even take the time to figure this out says a lot to me about the supplement itself.
=============

Nope. I've been saying this through most of this post. I was refering to the fact that NO-Xplode is marketed as an "NO2" supplement. Makes you wonder about the bsn and muscletech chemists.

Good post though.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
merrillj
merrillj
United States
2008/02/25, 09:54 PM
So what is the argument about? NO or NO2?

This advertisement says nothing about NO2:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/xplode.html

It talks about "sustaining Nitric Oxide (NO) levels."
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/02/25, 10:16 PM
I'm lumping the BSN product and muscletech's NO2 products all in one. Basically, they are all crap as far as I am concerned, and most people would be better of taking a caffeine supplement and saving their money on food.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
merrillj
merrillj
United States
2008/02/25, 10:50 PM
Agreed.

I tried to find scientific research on NoXplode and I was unable to find anything.

Caffeine however has been studied extensively and the results are positive.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/02/26, 09:54 AM
That's because the active ingredient is arginine. Search arginine and all you find is failed studies. I found one that found no difference between a control group and a group using 4 TIMES the bsn dose.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk