Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Daily POSITIVE Post Part II

stevehwms
stevehwms
United States
2007/08/29, 08:28 PM
I thought I would start a sequel to the first positive post thread, which has grown to preposterously plump proportions of positivity. Here?s is my POSITIVE post?

I just realized that I have back muscles! I saw picture of a bodybuilder?s back and noticed the striations in the V of muscles in between the shoulder blades. So I grabbed a mirror and looked in the bathroom mirror with that mirror and there they were! There is actually some definition back there! Unfreakin? believable! I'm not a big fan of Back Day, but that was good motivation.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/08/30, 12:47 AM
One of my colleagues complimented me on my professional training skills today. He stated that he isn't one to give out compliments well, but he thought I did an excellent job in the classroom and relating to people. :)

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
gs24sunshine
gs24sunshine
United States
2007/08/30, 06:11 PM
Nice to hear from you guys that are positive!!!My positive of the day is I got complimented from one of my co workers bout how I looked this summer at the pool.It was nice to hear!!!Lets me know that the beatings I take out in my garage 4 days a week are givin me the results LOL!!!Take care guys,and gals!!!

============
Quoting from flyonthewall:

I just came from the optometrist for my first ever eye appointment. Perfect 20/20 vision, not bad for 44! Everything else checked out clear as well, he said I had beautiful eyes! Both my daughters checked out with 20/20 as well, lucky for them they've inherited my good vision and not hubby's (I'm now his official menu reader:))

=============
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/08/30, 03:38 PM
I just came from the optometrist for my first ever eye appointment. Perfect 20/20 vision, not bad for 44! Everything else checked out clear as well, he said I had beautiful eyes! Both my daughters checked out with 20/20 as well, lucky for them they've inherited my good vision and not hubby's (I'm now his official menu reader:))

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
--------------
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce
drieman
drieman
United States
2007/08/31, 09:23 AM
My positive is my hubbys 45th birthday is today! And he said to me this morning, he plans to celebrate 55 more with me!!!!!

Debbie

--------------
Success is not for the chosen few but rather for the few who choose it.
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/08/31, 09:32 AM
awwww Thats sweet.....

Im on my 3rd day of cold turkey non-smoking, its tough, but with every craving i remember that im getting healthier every second, looking forward to be able to breathe again....

--------------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rabula Tasa- Latin meaning Clean Slate
drieman
drieman
United States
2007/08/31, 10:03 AM
That is GREAT bill, it is real hard to quit smoking. I did it but it took awhile. One thing I did was when I wanted a smoke I would just get up and take a walk or eat a piece of sugarless candy. Some ideas, maybe they will help you too!

Debbie

--------------
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/31, 11:05 AM
I made healthy cucumber finger sandwiches for our work food day today. Funny, they were gone faster than the donughts and potato chips. Good for everyone at the office! And for my cucumber finger sandwiches. :)
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/08/31, 11:17 AM
My friend Bill made it out of a scary surgery and is on his way to weight loss and long life

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
gs24sunshine
gs24sunshine
United States
2007/09/01, 12:03 AM
Another positive,if its ok!!!lol.I got spit on 7 times,slapped 9 times,bit,smacked in the face,and hit in the family jewels all in one dayand still came home and shocked the body!!!then went and cleaned a church for 4 hours.The positive is,im still here for another day!!!lolAnd will be alive tomorrow morning!!!!!Hopefully!!!!!!

============
Quoting from 7707mutt:

My friend Bill made it out of a scary surgery and is on his way to weight loss and long life

=============
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/09/01, 11:18 AM
Oh my, sunshine, what a day :surprised:

My leg press went up 40 pounds, for more reps than ever this morning:) This is after weeks of frustrating hip pain and dysfunction - YAY!!!!!

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2007/09/01, 11:33 AM
I squated 200 today!
gs24sunshine
gs24sunshine
United States
2007/09/02, 10:19 PM
Nice asimmer 40 pounds is nice!!Watch that hip pain tho.Cant have one of are FT leaders being injured.have you seen a doctor bout pain,or is it just workin out pain?Good luck lady!!!Seein your before and after pics has really inspired me!!!Again I thank FT and all of its motivators!!

============
Quoting from asimmer:

Oh my, sunshine, what a day :surprised:

My leg press went up 40 pounds, for more reps than ever this morning:) This is after weeks of frustrating hip pain and dysfunction - YAY!!!!!

=============
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/03, 12:53 AM
Had a good day today with friends, i was told how much i meant to my friends and their families. And i made an infant giggle something wicked, it was too cute..:big_smile:

--------------

thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2007/09/03, 09:29 AM
Over the past week I lost 2.6 pounds and 3 inches!

stevehwms
stevehwms
United States
2007/09/03, 04:09 PM
Thanks to the unyielding support, great examples, and friendly name-calling from some freetrainers members, this weekend I didn't have sweet tea, milk shake, Coke, fries, pasta, potato chips or popcorn while those around me did. Lost another inch of waist and not a single pund :big_smile:. My new "smaller" pants are getting a little loose. Woo hoooo! And I *think* I may be softening up the rest of my family to the idea of getting healthier.
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/03, 04:11 PM
congrats both pooh and steve, keep up the great attitude and great work...:cool:

--------------

drieman
drieman
United States
2007/09/03, 04:38 PM
That is great steve and also my goal for my family, lead by example!!

--------------
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/09/04, 04:21 PM
My hubby landed an AWESOME new job for the state working in the department of education IT department. State benefits, woo hoo!
stevehwms
stevehwms
United States
2007/09/04, 09:47 PM
I just went through a day of listening to strategies, theories, statistical interpretation and theology that I did not agree with and could not get anyone to understand why. UGH!!! Then I came home to my family, took a run with the dog, and worked my through leg day until I was a big ole ball of sweat with I talked to my daughter, son, and wife. The wind is officially back in my sails.
drieman
drieman
United States
2007/09/05, 08:56 PM
I went through a medical test today that I was dreading and learned all is well. Whew, don't have to go through it again for another 5 years!!!!

--------------
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/07, 06:38 PM
Third time of beginners home workout done! Just one more 12 week abs day and my first week is over. This is way better than the full body workout with resistance bands I did before! It's time to start putting weigts on, and go from "girly" beginners testing mode to more the serious. I know the sets well enough now to be able to adjust for best performance. I just need a pair of bar-bells as well. Just one with the wrong weights isn't enough.
I feel great, but tired!:)

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there...
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/08, 08:09 AM
the tiredness will be replaced with excess energy soon, you'll get to the end of your workouts and want more and more, its a great feeling, go girl...:big_smile:

--------------

ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/08, 10:34 AM
Tired - could be from it being past midnight and I had been up since 6 a.m. Nots the best time to finish a set, but that's devotion for you :big_smile:

--------------
Getting there...
climbingnettie
climbingnettie
Canada
2007/09/17, 09:04 PM
Hi all! I was looking for some inspiration today...my positivity is a little lacking, but after reading what has been written down, I feel so much better! You guys rock!
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/18, 07:04 AM
Yesterday was my first day in the gym. I was so nervous I almost through up. I went in to see what mashines to use, and found the Smith I was to use for squats. I couldn't figure out how to use it, and it was loaded with 30 kg of weight! So, I asked one of the staff to show me, and he took off the weights, told me the bar itself was 15 kg, fixed one of the hooks that were loose, showed me how it worked, showed me the pad to put on the bar to protect my neck, and said to ask for help whenever I needed it. I did my first set of squats, and it wasn't as hard as I thought! I then did my first set of mashine leg curls, and that was great too! I did all 4 sets with all the reps, and think I can put on maybe 2 kg of weight next time I do the same things. I was hot and red in the face, but I felt really really great! :big_smile: Today I'm going back for more. I love it!

--------------
Getting there...
immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/09/18, 09:04 AM
Welcome to the addiction ;)

============
Quoting from ReptilianFeline:

Yesterday was my first day in the gym. I was so nervous I almost through up. I went in to see what mashines to use, and found the Smith I was to use for squats. I couldn't figure out how to use it, and it was loaded with 30 kg of weight! So, I asked one of the staff to show me, and he took off the weights, told me the bar itself was 15 kg, fixed one of the hooks that were loose, showed me how it worked, showed me the pad to put on the bar to protect my neck, and said to ask for help whenever I needed it. I did my first set of squats, and it wasn't as hard as I thought! I then did my first set of mashine leg curls, and that was great too! I did all 4 sets with all the reps, and think I can put on maybe 2 kg of weight next time I do the same things. I was hot and red in the face, but I felt really really great! :big_smile: Today I'm going back for more. I love it!

=============

--------------
This is SPARTA!!!
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/24, 05:49 AM
My shoulder is getting better! My wrist-watch is sitting a bit looser, and biking up hills is soo much easier these days!

--------------
Getting there...