immovablestone

• United States United States
  • Male
  • 42 years old
  • United States United States
  • Male
  • 42 years old

Introduction

30 year old american male, 100% eastern european ancestry, 5'11, 230lbs, no idea body fat %. I've been a member of this site as a lurker for a couple years. Started working out about 10 years ago, after cresting 300lbs with no muscle. After much yo yo'ing over the years, I've finaly managed to get a hold of the 230lb mark, while having built a bovine-like mass of muscle to work with. I've learned a lot from this site over the last few years, and plan to keep doing so.

Goals and motivation

My goals would be to lose most of my remaining flab, +/- probably about 20lbs of useless junk that still hangs from my upper body, while maintaining the strength that I have gained over the years. I also want to up my squat, my squat has never been higher than my flat chest pressing, and I want it to be, but having to be mindful of injury as I get older makes me somewhat nervous about it at times. I trained for strongman in my earlier 20's, my greatest achievement there was a 450lb farmers walk for 100 feet, flipping a 550lb tire 9 or 10 times, and a 365lb deadlift with a bar about 5 inches thick. Not sure I could do all that now, but pretty close ;) My biggest struggles are dietary and sleep related, but I imagine thats the same for the lions share of us who haven't mastered that part of it. I've also been training MMA on the side with some very experienced folks since summer '07, and am shifting my workouts around that for more conditioning, speed, and power.

Fit wall

• elvisbaby elvisbaby 2007/12/23
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! <BR> <BR>Cheers Vickie
  • elvisbaby elvisbaby 2007/12/16
    Hey G, <BR> <BR>Are you still out there? I miss you :(
  • elvisbaby elvisbaby 2007/11/28
    Your up early;)