Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

For the athiests

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
2004/08/14, 12:36 PM
It was an innocent joke, and Charlie was accused of being a closed-minded bigot for sharing it. I think the response that ensued was appropriate considering Charlie's history here. Bhardy....the ability to see every perspective and accept it as valid regardless of flawed reasoning or patent incorrectness is a definite sign of intelligence, but also usually a sign of cowardice and a lack of common sense. Jo is looking to advance his agenda by attacking when he didn't understand the context of the situation, and he was wrong to do it...period. To totally hyperbolize my point, terrorists of any denomination have a "different perspective" and a place where "they are coming from," by I will not for a second validate their perspective. It's not a matter of conformance, it's a matter of common sense.

--------------
OSU Law Rugby....specializing in personal injury and pain & suffering.
2004/08/14, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately bhardy, much of our laws and our society are based upon a theoretical "reasonable person" standard. Though it's many times subjective, most of us are socialized to a sense of appropriate behaviors within reason. Since this socialization can be varied, being eccentric is not a crime, but vandalism, assault, murder etc is. Anyway, I never called Jo a terrorist, nor compared him to one; I merely outlined an extremely exaggerated parallel, which is why I said it would "totally hyperbolize" my point. As usual, you separated that comment from the true meaning of the post and used it to get your last word in. You seem like a very proud person and will probably make 50 nonsensical replies to this post, which I also probably would have done when I was 15 years old. This whole thread is a joke, Jo was wrong, I'm standing by that, and I'm not posting anything further on this issue. You may proceed to advocate every perspective and enlighten us on how you will educate the people of the world into harmony. I, on the other hand, have had enough education and would prefer it from less self-interested sources anyway. I'm done. Back to fitness issues.

--------------
OSU Law Rugby....specializing in personal injury and pain & suffering.
davisp
davisp
United States
2004/08/14, 11:51 PM
null,

After rereading my post I completely understand where you are coming from. It was meant to be advice on changing the way bhardy expresses himself online. Not to change who he is at all. I personally do not get angry online, so the statement is completely unbiased. It is difficult for most people to tell when someone is angry, joking, or has an attitude. So a change in style can sometimes help. The post was meant to be constructive, short, and to the point. It was short and to the point but not at all constructive as you pointed out :). Thank you.

--------------
Seeking out motivation does not motivate you to seek out results.

- Paul

Post mark - PaulsMark - Post mark
2004/08/15, 12:52 PM
bhardy, if you were only replying to me, why would you have to copy and paste my entire personal message into the forums? I already know what I wrote. It's obvious that you take joy in grandstanding and want everyone to see that you didn't let me get one up on you. That's childish. And as usual, your inability to think outside of your own skewed box made you misinterpret my comment about my education. When I used the word education, I was referring to your ridiculous concept of "educating" terrorists or other people into enlightenment. That's not education; that's you presenting your values and your "universal Truth" to people who have a completely different perspective. You totally contradicted your whole point in making that argument, and is why I said that I don't need any more of such "education." I wanted to end this whole public spectacle, but your ego is keeping it afloat. I'm submitting documentation of this to my employer, though, since I normally get paid to argue against clueless people.
2004/08/15, 02:16 PM
Reply through PM next time. If the reply function does not work in the PM, send a new message or wait until it is working again. Our posts are completely off topic, so we should let this thread die.
2004/08/15, 04:49 PM
This is now between me and you and has nothing to do with the other FT members. Please be considerate to them and PM your insults to me. Thanks :love:
2004/08/15, 05:32 PM

============
Quoting from bhardy:

mzakal, you are a 24 year old twit who thinks he has all of the answers. I have tried to remain calm as your have thrown several posts of insults while complaining that I failed to understand your point. You don't deserve understanding when you sit there like a self-righteous ass convinced that because you're employed to argue with "clueless people" that you must be superior. I will reply to your insulting private messages as I see fit. If you don't like, you can stuff it! Is that clear or do you require a further explanation?

I can say with absolute certainty that I have always tried to respond to people in good faith, but I will no longer apologise for peoples' inability to see this, instead choosing to assume the worst. If any of you don't like what I have to say, then I suggest you shut up and not reply. Better yet, recognise that it is your own interpretation of my comments that is the cause of your own displeasure.
=============

Now I could have written the above post to Jo earlier in this thread.I didn't though. His post didn't make me angry. I replied to Jo 3 times civilly and politely. Jo's final response to me was to quote one of my replies and leave out my most important point. It made my reply sound condesending and beligerant. He used it as an excuse to withdraw from the fight he seemed to want in the first place.

Bhardy, there is obviously bad blood between us. Both are at fault. It takes two to tango. You said in posts above several things. One involved chastising me for making your "F*** You IM to me public and not keeping it between the two of us. It seems as though you violate your own rules of engagement here with your reply to mzakal. Sorry man but its hard to not take seriously an IM that starts out with fighting words. Its the only privately sent message I ever received that I broke the confidence on. I'll do it again if I get another hateful one.

You also said in a post above that you had made an effort to keep things cool since our altercation several months back. Well, if one follows the chronology of this post its obvious that you didn't. I was dealing with Jo in a very polite fashion and you stuck your 2 cents worth in. Is that your idea of "keeping it cool"? I'd hate to see you when you want to heat things up.

You also informed the board that I responded "defensively and bitterly to your post. I think you could only be refering to the post where I asked if you were in love with me. Well I'll let the readers decide if that was defensive and bitter on my part. Nothing I can say to you will change your mind.

Now last. You are correct that there are like minded people here. I loved this board from day one because I had long believed that an excellent state of health and fitness could be achieved with proper diet and exercise. This site not only reinforced that belief but showed me a hundred ways to do it. I found inspiration in the fact that the most successful bodybuilder on the board was 2 years older than me. I tried to make friends and ask questions. I also try to give back what has so freely been given to me.

When we had our blow up I told you that you only seem to make wise ass comments and stir up trouble. I stand by it. Guess what. I make wise ass comments too, but I also spend alot of time trying to help people figure out how to achieve their fitness goal. Your main goal seems to be to make others come around to your way of thinking. That will make you very unhappy in the long run but good luck.

This whole thing started with Jo's post. It seems probable now that he was a friend or a construct of yours brought in to stirr up things. Don't get angry for my stating that. You have ceated another onscreen persona to support your worldview and even admitted it.

I don't want you to leave the board as you have threatened to do several times. I just want you to stop trying to pick arguments with me. PLease.

--------------
Waterskis with buffalo

Charlie
2004/08/15, 06:35 PM
Anni had nothing to do with my post or vice versa. Now as I said, please stop trying to incite trouble with me by quoting me out of context. You have 45 more replies coming unless I lost count. I'm done with this post. Please leave me alone on my future ones.

--------------
Waterskis with buffalo

Charlie
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/08/15, 06:37 PM
I am adding my two cents and I don't care what anybody thinks. I am not as well educated as all of you people, and I dont speak as eloquently. I will say this: I will pay for Bhardy's ticket if he would take a flight down here so I could beat his ass. I think he should be banned from the boards, not because he is not a "comformist" but because he has not added typed one single helpful post since he joined. Yes I am childish. I just want to beat his ass.

--------------
You can cover up the flaws on your body, but there is no hiding a flawed personality.
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/08/15, 06:45 PM
I want to beat your ass

--------------
You can cover up the flaws on your body, but there is no hiding a flawed personality.
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/08/15, 07:08 PM
Yes, you are my bitch.

--------------
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/08/15, 07:21 PM
Your mother lives with your friend?

--------------
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/08/15, 09:27 PM
Whew! M A N! I HAVE been gone for a bit! I feel so awful reading this thread, I know it was like watching the news when you know something terrible is going to happen but you can't turn away as you hope for a happy ending...

I would like to add this simple thing...I truly have found wonderful, encouraging posts from Charlie, Hec, fsdsk, Anni, and others here at FT. I really hate the way this turned from a joke that you can chose to like or not, to a posting bar-room brawl. I really wish in this world that people understood clearly that we ALL deserve a personal preference in religion, politics, love and life and there will be jokes about all of it - but why do we have to pick them apart and make life a battle or who is right in their beliefs?

I tire so of people "finding" reasons to be angry, isn't there enough hatred in this world that we needn't go looking for it?

Sorry...just my probably unwelcome opinion, but I really care about these people here that have given me hope in my life and I never thought to critique their beliefs and their personalities are their own and that is what makes them who they are and I wouldn't even begin to judge...

P.S. Mean people suck

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
davisp
davisp
United States
2004/08/15, 09:37 PM
Veda,

I don't find it to be an unwelcome opinion at all :). I agree with you. Good to see you back. :big_smile:

--------------
Seeking out motivation does not motivate you to seek out results.

- Paul

Post mark - PaulsMark - Post mark
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/08/15, 11:01 PM
Is this really happening or I am in some sort of message board nightmare?
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/08/16, 07:22 AM
Jo, I hope you will come back and read where this thread went. It is a perfect example that no matter what belief you hold in your heart or mind, people will stick to their own. A wonderful and perfect example of the human nature at FT.

So, you didn't find the joke funny, big deal. But to say that this joke had no place on the thread is wrong, that's censorship and last I read, the constitution gives us the freedom both of speech and press. If you do not believe in God, that is your right. I won't judge you but I will pray for you.

princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/08/16, 05:37 PM
I have held off responding to this for a while now, but I would like to wholeheartedly back what vedak said and also add that I am an athiest and actually found the joke quite funny :)
rickyshot
rickyshot
United States
2004/08/17, 02:57 PM
Jaysus chreeiisst get a grip people. This is the internet. Anythings goes. And if you do not like the post just go to another. Jeez get a fleets enema.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/08/17, 03:33 PM
I am not going to ban you bheardy only the owners can do that. However if you insist on picking fights with each post I will simply delete them. I am offering you a choice to either stop these silly posts that do not offer anything to the overall community, or leave...that is all your choice. Pick wisely for your sake.

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/08/17, 03:40 PM
Sorry you do not respect us all and good luck...you are welcome back anytime as long as you keep it nice...

--------------

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/08/17, 02:03 PM
WOW! Sorry I was not on more in the last few days. All kidding aside i want to say this, I hope that I am one of the "few popular" ones that bhardy spoke of. B I have read every post you have made and most all of them are agressive and used to pick fights for the pure pleasure of it. I want everyone to take heed of this next statement: This type of post is why a lot of people get scared to go online and entrust their personal beliefs and thoughts to others....So lets make a pact that we will all do our best to not let this happen again. bhardy I hope you do well in life but if you attack others here again I will be very upset....take that what way you will but the plain fact is that you do post only to hurt others...so make a choice, post helpful nice posts( I do not mind if you state your own beliefs etc, I do not want to censor you), or do not post at all.

--------------

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/08/17, 02:03 PM
That goes to all others that want to post just to make others unhappy:angry:

--------------

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/08/17, 04:50 PM
Is this a serious thread? Cmon, I know no one asked me to, but I just waisted about 25 min reading this bullS#&t!
Bhardy if you don't respect the key speakers in the community, why are you on the forums and reading the posts? Is that to pull the members apart? I usually email members, but saved you from copying and pasting.
These are my words to you.......
If you can't be civil and respect all, I personnaly will ban you.
Go lift!

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/08/17, 06:16 PM
Some people have the hardest time admitting guilt.

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/08/17, 06:42 PM
I guess bhardy doesn't answer questions.
Hard to beleive!
I will continue to monitor this thread and will delete future posts that aren't to the topic of the threads original post.

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/08/18, 09:24 AM
Now thats funny, a good part Bhardy's last post was about exploiting technology and he screws up by not IM'ing it.

--------------
There is no substitute for hard work
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/08/18, 09:29 AM
It's all our faults.

--------------
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/08/18, 10:54 AM
Thinking back to my communication classes at a certian Big Ten School in West Lafayette Indiana, I need to point out that during any type of communication it is always the communicators responsibility to accuratly convey the message. The receiver simply takes the message and interprets it to the best of their ability. Depending on the receiver the message was either conveyed properly or it was not, but it is the communicators job to formulate a message that cannot be interpreted but one way or to clarify when the message has been mis-interpreted. Again, both of which is the communicators responsibility, not the receivers. When you send a message and people get upset, you either mean it or YOU need to clarify. It is not our responsibility to try to decide how you mean. The written word is even ore complex - we cannot see your facial expressions or hear a tone in your voice, we are just left to read a message and figure it out to the best of our ability (which you seem to think is poor). Say what you will, but you are sending messages that seem arrogant, rude, and at times hateful. It is not for us to change, but you. The ball is in your court.

--------------
There is no substitute for hard work
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/08/18, 11:49 AM
We are all morons.

--------------
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/08/21, 11:46 PM
Hec, video tape it when you beat his ass, I wanna see it.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages