Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Dieting very emotional, I can't be alone

triciakent
triciakent
United States
2004/05/03, 09:03 AM
Please tell me I'm not alone. I've been dieting now for 2 weeks, no more than 10% fat, no cheating, no alcohol NOTHING! Dieting and training for competition in November and I am an emotional basket case, up and down up and down... I don't get cravings for "bad" stuff or anything, just emotional... driving me nuts!! Does anyone else have the same problems and if so, when does it stop???

rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2004/05/03, 06:59 PM
You are definitely NOT alone. Although my dieting was much different than yours, and was for a different type of comp, the mental/emotional/physical rollercoaster was still present. On a good note for you, though, your body will hit some equilibrium in a few weeks, and will maintain this "status que," at least until you drastically alter your diet again.

Good luck!

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!

rev8ball@freetrainers.com
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2004/05/03, 07:00 PM
I meant "status quo."
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/05/03, 08:39 PM
And I quote Micheal Jackson..."You are not alone....":):dumbbell: I feel sorry for those around me during this tough time. Just keep in mind what the pay-off will be in November. Good luck.

--------------
AUGUST 14th...NEW YORK, NEW YORK...MUSCLEMANIA ATLANTIC STATES...I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.
LETS GO METS!!!

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2004/05/04, 08:11 AM
Thanks... past two days have been good, I feel great. Scale kind of irritating me though, feel like I have lost so much weight and the scale is putting me at .5 lbs up and I am suppose to lose 3 lbs by next Friday... very very irritating.

November seems so far away.. I am hoping that once I start seeing some major changes, I will be 1,000% pumped and ready to tackle this competition and/or kick my training up a notch BAM!! (That was corny, but it worked)
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/05/04, 08:19 AM
jdelts you do realize that you quoted Michael Jackson? You don't have a bunch of little boys runnin around do ya?

============
Quoting from jdelts:

And I quote Micheal Jackson..."You are not alone....":):dumbbell: I feel sorry for those around me during this tough time. Just keep in mind what the pay-off will be in November. Good luck.

=============

--------------
Would it be classified as overly competitive if I refused to let a 4 year old beat me at chutes and ladders?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/04, 10:38 AM
triciakent - it is a rollercoaster, but this is your first time. The first time is the hardest.
Try to find ways to destress and relax, bubble baths, manicure/pedicure, massage - you are earning the pampering!
My tanning sessions were my mini-vacations, but I won't do that again (I am scared of skin cancer..).

It will all be worth it!

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2004/05/04, 10:57 AM
asimmer.. you've been posting on my logs and giving me motivation and I really appreciate it. And your absolutely right!! I won't do tanning, but a definite on manicures/pedicures... and massages... I get to cheat once a month w/ food, I need to make appt.s every other week for something else that I can look forward to other than food... going to make an appt. right now!!

Today is going awesome though, I feel fabulous/like a million bucks. The weekends are the hardest for me because I'm not in my work routine!
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/05/04, 03:45 PM
"...you know I'm bad, I'm bad, sh'mon."

============
Quoting from hecdarec:

jdelts you do realize that you quoted Michael Jackson? You don't have a bunch of little boys runnin around do ya?

=============
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2004/05/10, 09:15 AM
So another emotional and difficult weekend, getting to the point where I am dreading weekends. So many outside factors come into play, makes it difficult to stay on the diet. I might have to become a hermit. Saturday wasn't so bad because I got a good gym workout in but yesterday was miserable. I was emotional, kept questionning why I was putting myself through this, so I cheated.. but the cheat was only a cheat because it was more calories than I was suppose to have... excuses excuses i know... but I was going to explode, or felt like I was so I grabbed a snack that was on my diet plan but not as much as I had... I am allowed 2 rice cakes a day w/ 2 tbsp of peanut butter, I ended up having 4 rice cakes w/ 5 tbsp of peanut butter.. and something triggered in my head, this intense desire to stuff myself and eat whatever I could, BUT I didn't, I got right back on it and skipped on my PM snack, since I consumed an extra 300 calories that day. And when I stepped on the scale this morning I was down another 1.5 lbs... I was proud of myself but kept wondering if I had not had that extra 300 calories, would I be at my short term goal which is 129.9, I'm at 130.9... People who drink and eat like ^%&* just don't seem to undertand the discipline it takes not to eat and drink... kind of really pis&ses me off!! This Saturday I get my real cheat day, I'm going to have a cheeseburger w/ french fries and two glasses of wine, and am going to enjoy every bite of it and not feel guilty!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/10, 10:23 AM
TRICIAKENT - IT IS VERY HARD ON THE WEEKEND! yOU ARE DOING FINE. yOU STILL HAVE A LONG TIME TO YOUR SHOW AND YOU ARE STILL DROPPING WEIGHT. oops, caps lock, sorry.

Reread your reasons for wanting to compete, look at your Monica pictures and your motivation wall. It is normal and a way for your mind to mess with you and get the things it craves to make you feel destabilized and demotivated, questioning why you are doing this. Just pick yourself up, brush yourself off and keep going.

Do you have books or magazines that really inspire you? I find reading bodybuilding books or mags, or motivational material helps me get through those times of doubt.

--------------
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2004/05/10, 11:17 AM
I read M & F hers, and just subscribed to Oxygen, but I've been looking for good bodybuilding books. I want to get "The Mental Dynamics of Athletic Performance", looked this weekend but couldn't find.

The long time is what gets me... if I am questionning myself now, how in the world am I going to make it until 11/13?? Thats 26 weeks and 5 days... ahhh... but I must say that I feel amazing!! I just hope Kim changes up my routine this week. He wants me out of the 130's by Friday and I am at 130.8... so I hope he does something else this week.
2004/05/10, 10:29 PM
Im glad to hear we're all in the same boat. Comp's or not what a mess this diet thing becomes. Sometimes I think the boat Im on has no navigator!!!

Tricia Im sure you'll make it...good luck to you.
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2004/05/11, 08:08 AM
CC thanks so much. Only the weekends are TOUGH, other than that I feel in complete control!!
triciakent
triciakent
United States
2004/05/24, 08:16 AM
I had a great weekend, things went really well, no emotional crap to deal with... didn't want to cheat one time... scale though is still my enemy. I swear I lost like 2 lbs but when I stepped on the scale 0, nothing, nothing in 1 week, strange how that works, however I feel really lean. Friday is bodyfat, weight and pictures... looking forward to it.. :dumbbell:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/24, 08:22 AM
Stay off the scale - go by your bodycomp and how you are looking. take photos and compare them every two weeks.
Keep it up! You are doing great!

--------------
kakaroto
kakaroto
El Salvador
2004/09/09, 10:42 PM
EVERYBODY WITH YOU MAN...

IT IS HARD BUT IT WORTH THE EFFORT.
KEEP ON THE GOOD WORK
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/09/15, 01:52 PM
Tricia- I know exactly how you feel with the diet thing... the emotional rollercoasters, the intense desire to stuff yourself for no reason... it happens to all of us I think, although I do think its a little worse in some... I just wanted to say your an inspiration and good luck, you look great in those photos, we can't wait to see new ones!!!!

--------------
My mind tells me to win, my spirit shows me how, and my body delivers.