Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Why me ? I'm not loosing fat!!

r3wt
r3wt
Belgium
2006/09/15, 10:30 AM
Hello All,

This has come to my attention for I have been working out for about 6 months now. With an entire diet/workout program , I sure did gain weight, muscles... and unfortunatly fat too.:surprised:

Now I would really like you to have a look at this diet and see if anything is just wrong, I'm going to go in as much details as possible:

- Wake up :
5 white eggs, coffee and when time is right I usually take a cup of oats (not often though)

- 11am: When I dispose of a protein shake or something to grab onto quickly I do, but it's once again rare.

- 1pm: 100gr of Complex Rice and 150gr of Chicken breast

- 4pm: 100gr of Complex Rice and 150gr of Chicken breast

- 7pm: 100gr of Complex Rice and 150gr of Chicken breast

- 10pm: Cottage Cheese with Pitta bread, or a protein shake

That's just about it. I know it sounds inaccurate. I Would really really like someone to give me some hints or something, I'm sick of these love handles and those few fats hanging around here. This is starting to affect my life, ARRGH! I can't stand fat, I'm a total Anti Fat.

I don't care the time it takes, I 'm not writting a topic saying "Marriage in 2 weeks I need to loose 20Lbs". I just want to do it right, I have thought about doing a Cut, but on the other hand, I have NO IDEA of whatsoever on what is a cut.

I work at the gym 3x a week minimum on an intense 1h Workout.

I rarely do cardio, should I do some ? and if so, when and how much ?

these Sweat belts do they work ?.. Does anything work ? More Water intake ? (I don't drink enough water probably, and drink coffee like 4 a day!) I just need a direction, I'm extremly motivated, HELP!

If I shoot myself I loose 7 grams no ? I'll try if Atkins or any others won't work, heh.

r3wt
r3wt
Belgium
2006/09/15, 10:34 AM
Forgot to mention, I'm inaccurate in terms of quantities in my diet.. pfff. I mean I'm lacking motivation here, sniff..
It's just annoying. Alot of cool food recipies you post on this forum is not accessible for me, i'm from belgium and there is no such thing as "Super Duper Light Thing" and "Extra Prot Thingy"... none of that, it's stone age here, Mother GOD!!... We're Loosers!!!!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/09/15, 11:04 AM
Hi r3...I'm completely out of my element trying to advise someone about a bodybuilders diet...so I won't embarass myself with an attempt.....BUT....how do you eat just rice and chicken every day?????That can't be good....and go ahead and fill out your profile...people with real knowledge will be able to assist you better if they know specifics about you(height,weight,ect.)and what your goals are...where you are and where you want to be.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/09/15, 11:07 AM
How is that a "diet"? No fruits no veggies at all. Bad in my opinion. No way you are eating a healthy diet at all.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
r3wt
r3wt
Belgium
2006/09/15, 11:16 AM
It's all about time! I'm serious, I hate cooking. Any fruits/veggies I can eat fast without a huge preparation ?

Are those elements essential to loosing weight ?

2006/09/15, 11:25 AM
Last time I checked washing a piece of fruit did not take that long. As far as veggies you can either eat raw or cook. Cooking veggies will take less time than cooking your chicken.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/09/15, 11:46 AM
Raw veggies are great....and you can steam them...just takes second or two(OK a little longer...but not much)Check out the healthy eating grocery list...lot's of stuff on there.
r3wt
r3wt
Belgium
2006/09/15, 11:47 AM
Oki. Thing is, my diet is inaccurate.. and not efficiant i think. What's it take to get a new diet ? I eat chicken, Turkey rice and pasta the whole day.. i'm sick of this.

So what is the cost of a new Diet ? Can anyone here give some sort of templates ? Something ? I'm just Lost... and I'm slightly loosing control over this. I don't want to be overtaken by this weight problem... give me a hand please!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/09/15, 11:52 AM
Ok....r3....fill out your profile for me and I'll see if I can at least point you in the right direction.

WHO wouldn't be tired of chicken and pasta all day????Do you have a better half to feed or is it just you???
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/09/15, 11:54 AM
In order to lose fat, or weight in general, you must have a diet conducive to your goals. No matter how healthy you are eating, if your calorie intake is not below your maintenance level, you will see no results in body composition.

And it is entirely possible to lose only from your legs for a while. The body will shed fat if diet is right, but probably not right away where you are looking, most likely the stomach area. But if your diet is consistent in the manner mentioned in the above paragraph, it will come off in other areas also.

About the only harder place for afat to come off of a mans lower stomach area is a womans.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2006/09/15, 12:32 PM
Sure is alot of Carbs, where is good fats and protein? Check out the thread with the grocery list. C'mon, you don't have to cook everything!! You can buy lean turkey breast once in a while, or other pre cooked meats/ cheeses, nuts etc.

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of festivals)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/09/15, 01:18 PM
check out bb1fit's diet thread, it will help you figure out a diet plan based on your needs.
It is in the nutrition forum.

BTW, not to be mean, but you sound like you just want to whine about how hard it is and you don't really want to change (like by cooking or preparing different foods). natural, hole foods are available where you live. That means grains, veggies, fruits and lean protein. It doesn't need to be space-age to be effective, look at Eugene Sandow and all of the original bodybuilders, they ate real food, not super-duper lite this or ultra prot that.

--------------

Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms - to choose ones attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose ones own way.
- Victor E. Frankl
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/09/15, 03:12 PM
It all comes down to how bad you want it!

If you want it bad enough and it was told that cooked turds was that best route to go then myself and many others would be at a turdfest right now!

Laziness is what gets people fat and if laziness is carried on into your diet then your setting yourself up for failure!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/09/15, 03:27 PM
Guess I'm not very motivated....would have to pass on the turdfest myself!:)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/09/15, 06:10 PM
Yep. And I meant 'whole' food, not 'hole' food, an unfortunate mistype... hole new meaning now with turdfest coming up!

============
Quoting from SFGiantsMVP:

It all comes down to how bad you want it!

If you want it bad enough and it was told that cooked turds was that best route to go then myself and many others would be at a turdfest right now!

Laziness is what gets people fat and if laziness is carried on into your diet then your setting yourself up for failure!
=============

--------------

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Aristotle
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2006/09/15, 06:41 PM
Oh boy, what next, from "Super Duper Light Thing" and "Extra Prot Thingy"... we end up with a "Turdfest"!

--------------
Thinking of a new signature line.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/09/15, 07:35 PM
Um yuck!

Anyway plain and simple truth is tht your diet sucks, you get advice ehre and take none of it. You need to add things to your meal plan. It is all laid out in stickyed post in the nutrition forum. Read those posts...they will help.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
r3wt
r3wt
Belgium
2006/09/20, 10:08 AM
Oki, I first of all want to thank you all for your attention and time in responding to this topic. And I'm not looking for sympathy or anything of the genre, but this goes a little deeper then just training & diet, time for me is extremly expensive.

I'm 21 Years old and am Chief developper for an internal application of the European commission and trust me when we talk about time I got very little spare time. My spare time goes on sport (ofocourse, hehe) I'm right now moving (rented a cool appartement) close to the gym that's already extremly good for me and the better news is my girlfriend's most probably coming with me meaning if i'm nice to her she'll probably cook some good stuff for me, that's a huge relief for me already.

Seriously guys, I'm happy i'm not like the rest of my collegues, you know in computering most guys are either skinny or fat, they are like anti sport unlike me!

I just need to find a comfortable routine and i think all should go well. Which is why i decided to stop everything I do for the momment and redefine every single thing I Do, meaning diet, workout sleep, everything, after all I can't be blamed for gaining knowledge on this hobby, knowledge is partially the "key" to any success. If i'm wrong on this one let me know, shall i stop, keep going the wrong way ? for me it's just a pending, i'm dieing to start again. I'm getting a new place, I intend to refresh the routine too.

I have modified my personal profite, even uploaded a picture of mine not sure it went through though. And I'm not yet upgraded to the PRO subscription (but i will as soon as I get my Visa card) in the meanwhile, I invite anyone who wants to help me out with a diet to add me up on MSN Messenger or by e-mail to: hex_codeme@hotmail.com

Uuhmm... Oki. I think that's just about all I can say. Thanks again all of you, The people are on this forum are just really nice - I'm lovin it! (stole that one from the Big Mac Ad, heh)

Kindest Regards, Sebastian