Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

What Happens AFTER you stop CREATINe

MasriDoode
MasriDoode
United States
2005/03/12, 05:06 AM
If you take Creatine say for 3 months, and you build on it a nice body. Then you stop taking it, however still go to the gym regularly, will anything change???? Also what happens if you stop going to the gym all together will the creatine that helped turn the muscle turn into fat?/
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/03/12, 06:18 AM
as long as you keep working out you get to keep the muscle

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am ANIMAL! and that is enough.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/03/12, 07:01 AM
Muscle and fat are two very different tissues. One can not turn into the other. However one CAN replace the other.

--------------
If you can itch your nose after arm day...do another set!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/03/12, 08:57 AM
You will lose a bit of strength and some water weight more than likely. Any muscle you have gained from the added supplement is yours to keep with proper diet.

What happens when you totally stop working out is your body will start to cannabilize muscle tissue, so your fat to muscle ratio will change, and you will look fatter due to this. The muscle will not change to fat, it is the natural course your body takes. Muscle that is not maintained and or used will be devoured over the years, thus the misconception that when you stop working out the muscle turns to fat. Can't possibly happen, two entirely different substrates.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/03/13, 03:53 PM
You state you don't think....does this mean you have not done it? I think he is looking for a more definitive answer, not hypothetical, which in fact is not correct. There is no certain amount of creatine folks have who don't use it. It is produced daily in your body by your liver combining 3 amino acids, Arginine, Glycine and Methionine. As we age, this production declines, some faster than others. Over 95 percent of this substance is found in our muscles. The rest is in our brain, heart and other organs. By supplementing with creatine, you are enhancing your creatine phosphate energy system. This in fact produces more strength, explosiveness, etc. When you discontinue this, it is inevitable to lose some of this, thus strength. It takes about 2-4 weeks for your creatine stores to deplete.

============
Quoting from ironmonga:

I dont actually think you would lose any strength as long as you continue to get your protein from lean meat and fish.
Your muscles have a limeted capacity for creatine, about 5grm per kgrm of muscle so however much you take as suplyment you wont be able to get any more into your muscles the exess goes out as waist. People that don't use creatine probably have around 2.5-3grm /kgrm. After loading it wouldn,t be difficult to keep your muscles loaded by getting your creatine from your diet, as creatine has a washout period of around 2-3 weeks.
=============

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
ironmonga
ironmonga
United States
2005/03/13, 07:12 AM
I dont actually think you would lose any strength as long as you continue to get your protein from lean meat and fish.
Your muscles have a limeted capacity for creatine, about 5grm per kgrm of muscle so however much you take as suplyment you wont be able to get any more into your muscles the exess goes out as waist. People that don't use creatine probably have around 2.5-3grm /kgrm. After loading it wouldn,t be difficult to keep your muscles loaded by getting your creatine from your diet, as creatine has a washout period of around 2-3 weeks.
ironmonga
ironmonga
United States
2005/03/14, 06:17 AM
In answer to bb1
------------------

Yes I've done it have you?? I speek from experiance. I have been lifting for around 17 years and using creatine for about 7 of them on and off. and when I'm not using creatine I up my meat content and have never noticed any real drop in strengh. Yes you'r quite correct in saying the body reduces its production of creatine with age but only by around 8%/10 years (thats an average of course) so unless the person is elderly this wouldn't be a significant problem.The 2.5-3grm/kg I quoted is a widley used figure for the AVERAGE person, as is the 5grm/kgrm I quoted for people that suplyment. What creatine actually does is gives up a phosphate atom to ADP to make it ATP (turns a di-phoshate into a tri-phosphate) it is the fact that creatine adds cell volumization and buffers lactate that gives you PROLONGED power. You state that it gives you more explosive power..Well the explosiveness is not changed it is just susstained a little longer. Any way after a full loading phase has been compleated the body turns over on AVERAGE about 2-4grms/day (depending on activety level, this is also if you haven't already guesed the amount you need for maintenance. A pound of red meat contains around 2grms of creatine so you can see that dietry mainenance would be quite easy with a high content of lean meat in the diet. Don't forget to increase your intake of meat by8% every 10 years. lol!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/03/14, 09:42 AM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/03/14, 09:48 AM
Lets see, 17 yrs. of experience...this coming from a guy in another post that did not know that bent over rows were not a posterior delt exercise. Kind of makes one go hhhmmmm...

But then this is the internet, anyone can post anything.

Anyway, good luck to you bro.

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
ironmonga
ironmonga
United States
2005/03/14, 10:15 AM
Yeah I don't prof to know everything. I ask for advise all the time and am only to glad to return it when I can. I am a lot better on the nutritional side of things than the actual lifting side. Why you so hostile?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/03/14, 10:36 AM
I am hostile to folks trying to snow someone trying to portray knowlege they don't have, trying to make themselves look smart. They have read enough stuff to make them "dangerous" so to speak and that is all.

These boards are to HELP folks, not argue about things you think you may or may not know. I take that seriously, I do try very hard to help folks. I have better than 20 yrs. experience, have competed in 10 contests training for another, been into nutrition for even longer, wrote research papers, and do my best to give the most updated and accurate information available to help folks, not try to snow someone. I truly want to help folks, that is why when I saw your post about delts I replied to it, even realizing who you were, to help.

Don't try to be someone you are not, just be yourself. This is a lesson you can use through all parts of your life, and spare other innocent folks some bad advice at the same time. Peace....out.

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
ironmonga
ironmonga
United States
2005/03/14, 10:59 AM
I simply answerd a queation. my first post on it was my opinion from my own experiance. you then questioned me so I answerd there is no bad info in there you can check it. and it was you that first tryed to "snow" me. and what do you mean "even realizing who you were"?. I have been accusd of being some one else but its not me.
gibbondaniel
gibbondaniel
United Kingdom
2005/03/14, 12:13 PM
wow we needs to cool down its pointless arguing over the internet nobody ever wins. I have never used creatine so wouldn't really know i have never really wanted to take it i don't even like taking shakes anymore just like natural sources more. But i am confused about creatine ive heard it expands your cells so your muscles fill with water why would anyone want to fill your muscles with water wouldnt that just mean dead weight. ?????
2005/03/14, 04:39 PM
so typically a responder gains upwards of 10% in strength and 5-10lb in weight due to water retention in muscles...so this trend reverses after 3-4 weeks after ceasing to use this supplement...

i sense a new account being created claiming 30 years of training experience....and PhD in every known medical field......lol
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/03/14, 05:41 PM
It does not reverse per sey, remember creatine is a cell volumizer. This draws water into the muscle. When creatine useage is stopped, this is where the weight loss comes in. I have been over this hundreds of times. Any muscle you have gained from the added strength(if your diet was correct and you benefitted, is yours to keep). This is where the misinterpretation of "you lose it all when you stop comes in"...the water weight.

You are enhancing your creatine phosphate energy system. This accomplishes a couple things
1. Increases explosion - Most athletes notice more explosiveness after utilizing creatine.
2. Allows one to push harder and longer.

It is not a bad thing that creatine causes your muscles to hold water, the hydration is a good thing. If your muscles are not hydrated, this will hinder your gains.

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
ironmonga
ironmonga
United States
2005/03/14, 06:49 PM
bb1,

I addmitt that I should have stayed out of your domain, my first post was only to add a different angle not to attack or contradict. I can see now that it may have looked that way. I am not trying to portray knowledge I dont have Its just that nutrition is my thing and I know a lot about creatine becuase I take it I had to study it before I would trust it. I respect and appreciate every thing you do on here bb1 and I am in know way knocking your knowledge, it clearly is vast. The help you gave me on the delts was spot on and I would like to think that I could come to you again. I,m sorry can we put it behind us.

menace3000: ?

i sense a new account being created claiming 30 years of training experience....and PhD in every known medical field......lol

This situation does not to be stird up any more and you have no reason what so ever to call me a bullshiter!
Your sore with me maybe cos I corrected you not long back for giving DANGEROUSE advise to a young beginner. I'm sorry if you didn't like that but it was necessary at the time.
redskin32
redskin32
United States
2008/06/26, 12:27 AM
im 14 years old and am interested in taking creatine. i have a friend that recently started takig it. it is it risky to take creatine before you are fully grown?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/06/26, 09:02 AM
You've been taking creatine since you started eating meat. Has it affected you so far?

Does anyone know where these "creatine is dangerous" myths keep coming from? Its really quite annoying. I heard a while back there was a senator trying to make it illegal. How do you make something that is necessary for the facilitation of life illegal?

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk