Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

What do you like about the 40's?

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/04/14, 04:43 PM
Turning 40 was scary for me, it was out of the 30's where I had become very comfortable. But as each day goes, there are many things that I find appealing about 40 and wondering what others feel like on the matter. The second half of my questions is, what was the age you liked the most and if you could and it didn't affect anything in your current life, would you repeat another year of?!

So, I like that I know more about me at 43 than I ever did and only wish that I had this knowledge 20 years ago so I didn't waste so much time trying to figure me out! Reckless foolishness has been replaced by thoughtful happiness and watching my children grow into beautiful young men has been the best gift I have ever been given!

If I could repeat one year, it would be either 19 when I was worry free and a free bird, thin, healthy, happy and not afraid of anything but growing old or it would be 34 when I realized that I was an adult with wonderful children and cancer was something I was putting behind me and had so much to look forward to and be grateful for!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
thedominator
thedominator
United Kingdom
2005/04/15, 08:52 AM
what do i like about 40s?.. i don't know.. cuz i'm not 40 yet.. :big_smile:.. and which year i would love to repeat?.. all the years till the age of 14... nothing to worry about.. free fresh and happy life.. everything i wanted.. my parents would get it for me.. laugh.. run.. play.. get dirty.. cry (emotionaly black mailing my parents for something thay said NO to :big_smile: )..

ohhhh i miss those care free days.. i wish i could have a go at them again.. once more.. just once more... oh please GOD... but i can't.. :(.. brutal fact of life :(

--------------
A life worth living is a life lived with honor and dignity..bow to no moral.. THATS ME

Me and My Body are competitors... we compete each other for different goals..

supplements are Helpers.. not the Drivers of Health wagon
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2005/04/15, 09:33 AM
Turning 40 wasn't too bad. I find the fact that I have a kid starting high school next year a scarier thought...I remember being in high school and the thought of her going makes me a tad nervous...ahh to re live those days:big_smile:.not a care in the world (surprised I survived!)

What I love about being 40+....Free range kids-I've regained my life back. Free to workout, golf, go to the pub, without the worries of a sitter etc. I'm in better shape than I was from 20-30. I'm more confident, happier etc.

What I don't like about being 40+. All the deteriorating body parts...bad shoulder, bad hip, sore knees. Guess 40 years of poor living can't be reversed, but I'm tryin!
thedominator
thedominator
United Kingdom
2005/04/15, 01:23 PM
you can do it.. just stick to a healthy lifestyle and everything's gonna come back in shape.. it'll be slow.. but it sure will.. don't worry.. keep ur head UP.. ur hopes HIGH... we r all with u...

--------------
A life worth living is a life lived with honor and dignity..bow to no moral.. THATS ME

Yumi
Yumi
United States
2005/04/15, 07:14 PM
What I like about being 40's? The comment I get.. "you look like 16." I didn't get that in 30s. Not that I was in bad shape then, but I don't think people feel 30s are "old". Time seems to pass longer than in 20s and 30s. I would still like to have the time pass slow like when I was little though. Do you remeber those days when one day seemed so long?

There are many experiences, good and bad, that I had so far. But I don't think I would want to go back to past even if I could.

I guess I am very content with my life, even with problem, stress and 10 lbs to lose. :big_smile:
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/04/15, 09:10 PM
40's?? I forgot about them already!! :big_smile::laugh::big_smile:

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2005/04/16, 08:51 AM
The best part of being 40+ is not being in my 20's anymore. I no longer feel driven to save the world and fight injustice and I have learned some stuff that I wasn't paying close enough attention to have learned in my 20's.

My very most favorite thing about being in my 40's is falling asleep in my chair around 8pm and waking up in time to go to bed. Man I love that! Oh! And elastic waist pants...

The list just goes on and on.

--------------
Anni

In my head, I am out of my mind....
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2005/04/16, 02:25 PM
I like the way I feel. A bad thing is being addressed as "sir" by a respectable kid!

--------------
Scales are for dead weight: We are not dead yet!
Still trying to find out how to do the Hollywood Free Press.

Ivan

Montreal Canada
thedominator
thedominator
United Kingdom
2005/04/16, 07:04 PM
isn't that considered good carivan?.. :surprised:.. kids sometime call "old guy" also :)... oh i hate my gray hairs.. and i'm only 28 :angry:

--------------

Yumi
Yumi
United States
2005/04/17, 01:48 AM
Those gray gives you the "matured" look.
2005/04/17, 09:08 AM
hmm...that I am not 40? :)~

still got ways to go.....
thedominator
thedominator
United Kingdom
2005/04/17, 02:32 PM
yup it sure gives matured looks.. but its a bit difficult to switch from hearing "big bro" to "uncle".. isn't it? :)

--------------

Yumi
Yumi
United States
2005/04/17, 10:23 PM
Since I am Japanese, I am lucky to have my young look lasted longer than it normally do. Yes, I do remember when not everybody refer me to "girl", kids refer me to lady. I kinda like it though. Lady sounds more settle, instead of annoying young girl. I think you might understand when you get to my age. (Gosh, I hate the sound of it) I did have premature gray, like you. It's in my gene (as well as my big muscle). I do gold highlight on my hair which matches with my tan, and I don't see when the hair grow out. Eveybody think I am a surfer. (I live in Hawaii)
pchuck2002
pchuck2002
South Africa
2005/04/18, 02:32 AM
Eish!, dont talk too loud about age. I'm 47 and my wife is 38 but all at the university where she studies and at the hospital where she is think she is still 22. Meanwhile even my 5yr old daughter says I'm old just because I'm bald. It's really tough going to the school sports meetings and the parents there look like students to me. Really tough.
2005/04/20, 06:41 PM
hah...well look at it this way...you're still married to a great looking 22 yr old woman....good times..:)

Age is just a number...focus more on how you feel...working out and eating well can vastly improve how you age...I have people in my gym that are over 70 and look like they are in their late 40s or early 50s...

Plus you earn more respect just because you appear older from the parents...I know many parents who tend to think less of teachers because they are fairly young...so that might not be a bad thing....
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2005/04/28, 02:48 PM
Rite-on!!
Stay fit - keep healthy - you can do anything in your 40's.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
"The thing you have to realize is that you have to work for it,"
nerraw
nerraw
United States
2005/04/29, 02:50 PM
Hate being forty, means I am close to if not passed the halfway mark. Still so much to do and seemingly so little time left to get through it.
No I don't like forty.
Take me back to 17 - 25. damned fine years, totally reckless, completely care free, no fridge, stove or other stuff, just some wheels, diving gear, surf board and attitude.... unlike life now, responsible, conciderate and all those other binding characteristics that come with commitment to a wife and raising sprogs.:cool:
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2005/05/02, 02:51 PM
The Kids moving out (clap clap clap) mmmmmmm wait a min. I got one coming back, they always come back!!!!!!

Being forty for me was getting fit and becoming a grandma. Now I am fit enough to keep up with the grandkids where when I was young and obese I had to wait for the kids to come home to nail their butts.

Junped on a trampoline yesterday, I wouldn't have done that a few years ago (I was afraid the springs would break)

Meeting my husband, what a great guy:love:

Taking vacations without the kids (Now I can enjoy them)

I could go on and on...............

My mother always said life begins at forty, how right she was:)

--------------
THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!
2005/05/04, 06:43 PM
Congratulations Sandy....:)

I only hope I am as happy when i am 40...
2005/05/04, 07:02 PM
I don't remember 40.

--------------
Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!!!!!!

Charlie