Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Truly started Friday the 23rd

mrssteier
mrssteier
United States
2007/02/26, 07:25 AM
Ok so Friday I got a air strider (hand me down from in laws) and have been doing cardio work out 15 min 2 times a day (pretty out of shape). Also got a gym ball and doing crunches, pelvic tilts, butt tightening, lifts. Unable to do any real weight training at this point other than a gallon of milk (which works by the way) as we don't have a place for a weight machine and can't afford the gym memberships at this point with three kids and only one person working for income. ANY WAYS. My question is I haven't eaten a breakfast sense before Highschool. Sure on Sunday I do make biscuts and gravy, but other than that I feed the kids and am good.

I am getting truly serious about losing weight, and I know breakfast is key. So I picked up this Bally Fitness meal replacement powder. Total 120 calories per serving. Tons of vitamins and minerals. I know I should have asked before buying it but please let me know if this is ok? I imagine it is better than nothing.

--------------
Jessie

REGRET NOTHING

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/26, 08:29 AM
Better than nothing, but if you are tight on money, why not buy real food instead of bally's crap?

--------------

If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can\'t accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.
Rosalyn Carter

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/26, 08:30 AM
Sorry, oatmeal is really cheap, as are eggs (usually).

--------------

If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can\'t accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.
Rosalyn Carter

mrssteier
mrssteier
United States
2007/02/26, 10:28 AM
Yes I agree that food may be better. But at this point I have 3 kids ages 4, 2, 1. I work out befor they wake up, and during their nap time. While they are eating I get a 3 min opp. for a shower. Then I am entertaining and occupying them for the rest of the day. I eat real food for the other two meals, of the day. But I was just thinking that the bally's crap would be.. again better than nothing. Thank you.

--------------
Jessie

REGRET NOTHING

flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/02/26, 11:27 AM
I would agree that the meal replacement is better than nothing...but...I would try and introduce a real meal at breakfast. Try it just once or twice a week. I know I'm always on the go in the morning getting myself and 2 kids ready for school and me for work. I have about 1 hr max in the morning to get us all out the door on time- this includes showers, making lunches, drying/styling my hair and eating breakfast. I find that the quickest meal is cereal and I like Kashi GoLean because it has protien in it. I literally eat while getting everyone organized. The bowl just sits on the counter and I spoon in a mouthfull whenever I can. I can also manage scamble eggs and cottage cheese without messing with my schedule-it's quick and easy to prepare. So...it is doable, you just have to work it in....good luck!!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
--------------
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/26, 02:51 PM
Sorry, bally's products are overpriced and usually have a lot of sugar (I used to work there) There are a lot better meal replacements if you feel you CAN"T fit a meal in. Go online and look for the best price on Labrada lean body light or Myoplex lite.

--------------

Rosalyn Carter

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/02/26, 11:40 PM
Go to a local Costco or Sam's Club in your area, wherever you are located and buy in bulk. It is a lot cheaper that way if you are struggling with actual time to sit down and eat a meal.. honestly I don't know how I did it with four kids growing up but back then, I didn't know about MRP's or Shakes so I made the food and found the time to eat it.

Good luck and hope it works out for you!

--------------
Bettia

\"Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open.\" - Lord Thomas Dewar