Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

teens and test boosters

1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last
homegym1
homegym1
United States
2005/11/15, 05:37 PM
i know mike im just saying im serious about weight lifting so if test boosters dont have side effects for people my age i think i could take it

--------------
lifts bench 135 squat 250 deadlift 230 military press 105 leg press 440 wt; 163 height 5'7
David1201086
David1201086
United States
2005/11/15, 07:18 PM
homegym, go out and play like kids do. Your 13 you dont even need to be working out!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/11/15, 07:27 PM
No offense but you guys need to give the young man a break. If you don't want to answer his questions -- don't. I'd rather see him working out than sitting on his butt playing video games. The best response I can post to the last post is one posted on this forum by rev8ball:

Strength Training

How old should my child be before he/she starts lifting weights?

Children can safely participate in weight training (resistance training with weights)
as early as seven or eight. This is the age where most kids have developed the
balance and coordination to train safely.

Will children get stronger if they lift weights before puberty?

Yes. Even though you may not notice an increase in muscle size before puberty, studies have shown that children can achieve 30 to 40 percent gains in strength from weight training. They do not have the pubertal hormones circulating before puberty, so the gains in strength occur from improvements in neuromuscular recruitment and muscle memory. Tasks usually get easier to perform if they are repeated. In other words, the muscles get smarter, not necessarily larger.

Can they injure their growth plates with weightlifting?

Only if certain rules are not followed. Because the growth plates at the ends of the long bones are made of growing cartilage, they are not as strong as bone. The growth plates are susceptible to compressive forces and shear forces that may occur during very heavy lifts or “maxing out.” Therefore, it is recommended that while the child is still growing (usually ages 16 to 17 in girls and 17 to 18 in boys), they should avoid single rep maximum lifts.

How often should they lift?

They should lift 2 to 3 times per week, not on consecutive days. Workouts should consist of 2 to 3 sets of exercise focusing on the large muscle groups. Each set should contain 10 to 15 repetitions. When the child can perform 3 sets of 15 reps with relative ease, they can increase the weight 5 to 10 percent.
They should incorporate 20 to 30 minutes of aerobic or endurance training into the workout and on off days.
Remember to stretch between sets.

Is it safe for girls to lift weights? If so, will they develop large muscles?

It is safe for boys and girls to train with weights. Before puberty, the strength gains in boys and girls are equal, but after puberty, the gains seen in boys are greater due to the higher levels of circulating testosterone.
Because of the lower levels of testosterone, girls will not develop the muscle enlargement or hypertrophy seen in boys.

Is powerlifting or Olympic style lifting safe?

Because these types of lifting involve lifting maximum amounts of weight, powerlifting and Olympic style lifting are not recommended until the growth plates close at the end of pubertal development.

Additional weightlifting tips:
Never lift alone.
Keep a workout log to monitor progress. Don’t compete with your partner.
Include a 10 to 15 minute warm-up and cool-down.
Stretch, stretch, stretch.
No gum chewing.
Wear non-slip soled shoes.
No jewelry.
Exhale during reps. Do not hold your breath and NEVER hyperventilate
before a lift.
Stay hydrated before, during and after workouts.
Proper form is more important than the amount of weight lifted.
Remember that strength training should be one part of a general fitness program. Lifting weights alone will not make you a better athlete. Proper nutrition, hydration, rest, practice and technique are just as important for performance enhancement as building strength.

*Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
2005/11/16, 06:52 AM
Mike you're mistaking at least some of the responses....I wasn't suggesting that he doesn't exercise...far from it...but when a 13 year old asks me about steroids...this would make more sense if a 40-50 yr old asked this question...where there's a real reason to perhaps try it....why in the h....would a 13 yr old need to do it who barely went or is going through puberty and hasn't even naturally reached his potential for testosterone production.....he should still work hard and exercise...but I just think he's placing too much emphasis on supplements at this age...and this stage of exercising....once again no one is saying he shouldn't exercise...far from it....
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/11/16, 06:56 AM
I didn't make my point well menace and agree that young folks shouldn't focus on supplements, especially test enhancers.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
2005/11/16, 01:11 PM
Homegym 15 take it from me i'm 15 also take my gym seriously,and would love to go into powerlifting. YOU DON"T NEED A TEST INHANCER not because it's not safe or anything but because it won't help you, I used Animal stak once and it didnt help at all I was getting the same results on that as I was on creatine and proteins so no hard work is what you need. Thanks to Mike, no disrespect but David please don't give advice on this subject again.

Those are pretty impresive stats there for a 13 year old, drop me a line at any time you need advice or help!!
O just one thing I like to go heavy as well but when you start going to heavy at our age remember that it is'nt good for you I can tell you why believe me!!! But any good luck man AND KEEP ON PRACTICING
homegym1
homegym1
United States
2005/11/14, 03:57 PM
I'm 13 and 1/2 and I want to know if a testosterone booster would be ok and if its not what are the side effects. if some are ok and some arent please tell me betwween the two. One other thing is are there any ok anti-estrogens for me and my age.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/11/14, 06:55 PM
UM NO......your test is already high enough....any higher and you'll be dryhumping air.

--------------
Friends don't let friends squat high...

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
homegym1
homegym1
United States
2005/11/14, 07:07 PM
Acutally i like girls but i dont even bother trying to ask one out or even saying yes to the ones who like me. so it is safe
coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2005/11/14, 08:09 PM
you are only 13... wait till your at least 16 and then look into it. 13 and you should still be enjoying life w/o women. besides... you dont have the money to support one. hahha (jk to any female who reads this) but seriously, you are too young for any of those pills or boosters
2005/11/15, 02:04 AM
are u kidding me? this is gotta be a prank post... at 13?...jesus...don't do it period...not even in 20s...gotta have a medical necessity to do it...
homegym1
homegym1
United States
2005/11/15, 08:34 AM
i take right now ast micronized creatine and pro-lab glutamine

--------------
lifts bench 135 squat 250 deadlift 230 military press 105 leg press 440 wt; 163 height 5\\'7
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/11/15, 08:36 AM
homegym - creatine and glutamine aren't in the "increase test" group of supplements.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/11/17, 01:05 PM
That is a very young age to start messing with test levels. You have to be aware, this stuff is not simply supplements, you are messing with your hormone balance here. At the early age you are, if you get them too far out of whack, you can pay a dear price. Many times after doing a test booster, E levels rise upon stopping them to offset the anabolic environment that was created. This is your bodies way of responding. Be very, very careful with this stuff. Hormones manipulation can cost you dearly.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

2005/11/17, 04:24 PM
that was my point...he's developing as a male...with test he might develop secondary characteristics of a female.....he doesn't know diddly about it or the dangers it posseses...this type of 'supplement' is very dangerous....
homegym1
homegym1
United States
2005/11/18, 08:43 PM
how about a natural anti-E like chysin

--------------
lifts bench 135 squat 250 deadlift 230 military press 105 leg press 440 wt; 163 height 5'7
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/11/18, 10:43 PM
homegym - you've gotten some good advice above but it looks like you're determined to do something stupid no matter what anyone says. I'm done here.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
2005/11/19, 04:12 AM
Homegym let me summmarize.... NO SUPPLEMENTS....you're 13....I wouldn't even bother with creatine or gainers...there's no need for them...you haven't even reached your natural peak in terms of your testosterone production...wait for at least 5 years before using ANY supplements...time flies....
2005/11/19, 06:40 AM
Hey homegym, all these guys make good points, maybe youre sitting there thinking I train hard but I'm not seeing gaines, well let me suprise you NOBODY DOES no one gets pumpin pecks or 20 inch arms in a week, you gotta train for life to look like that I'm sure someone like BB1fit or Menace can tell you they don't look like they do now by training a year or even 2 or 3, It takes hard work and dedication not supplements!! You gotta believe me when I say this maybe one of you guys will just tell this kid how long it took you to get where you are now, and yeah supps help BUT MAYBE ONLY 2 %
homegym1
homegym1
United States
2005/11/19, 02:27 PM
i have been working out for 4 years now and when i started i had like 7 inch arms now i have 14-14.5 arms so i no hard work

--------------
2005/11/19, 03:23 PM
Okay i'm also outa this one cause you didnt come for advice you just came to tell us what you are going to do!!! So you started training whe you were like 8 or 9 whatever man!!
2005/11/19, 06:18 PM
So you were squatting, deadlifting, etc since 8?
Listen you're not going to see great gains for a while because you have fairly low natural test right now...or at least you had for the first 4 of those years(assuming you jsut went through it).....give it time......steroids, test HGH, they all will mess u up...yes u will get great gains but then you'll end up having female breastss....most supplements are a complete waste of money...only a handful work and even they are a cherry on top...I don't doubt u work hard...u sound like you do....but be patient....and be prepared for plateaus....they come and go and can be very frustrating but we all go through them....
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/11/19, 07:30 PM
FYI you have to be 18 to purchase a test booster.

--------------

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/11/19, 08:52 PM
Natural test levels peak around age 25...normal range 270-1000 ng./dl of blood. Give your test a chance, you have not begun to utilize yours yet.

--------------

homegym1
homegym1
United States
2005/11/23, 10:39 AM
ok im not going to have my mom purchase it for me . but im curious for the people in here you can squat a weight for 10 reps how much more pounds next week can you squat for ten reps
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/11/23, 11:07 AM
You do not normally go up in weights that quickly, once you are well trained.

--------------

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2005/11/23, 11:14 AM
I am happy to get one rep more sometimes LOL. Normally on 10 rep plan it takes a bit longer than one week to go up.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
homegym1
homegym1
United States
2005/11/23, 02:38 PM
ok i think i have wierd genetics i groow so easy in my legs but just about everything else plateus or grows slow . do think this is because im young . im not complaining though

--------------
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/23, 11:07 PM
I have this theory, that no one should be able to try steroids until they are at least 22. Why? A couple of reasons...

Test levels are at their peak at this time, when they start to return to "normal". Hence, there is no need for enhancers.
You are at least old enough to understand that it is your responsibility, and you are legally responsible for yourself after the age of 21.
And my number 1 reason: Most people start training seriously AT THE EARLIEST at the age of 12. I think that AT LEAST 10 years of weightlifting experiance should be an automatic prerequisite for hormone manipulation of any kind. If you don't have at least this much experiance, then your plateaus aren't being caused by low test levels.

--------------
Yes I realize my shins are bleeding. And its called a deadlift. Any other questions???

If you smoke or don’t wear your seatbelt, please don’t tell me the deadlift is dangerous.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/11/24, 12:28 AM
In my opinion, 22 is even too young.

--------------

2005/11/24, 04:12 AM
3 reasons to justify steroid use:
#1 10 years of serious and consistant training
#2 you're forced because of your profession(to level playing field)
#3 medical reason/over 40 years of age...

on top the person must know exactly what he/she is doing...
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2005/11/24, 01:52 PM
============
Quoting from bb1fit:

In my opinion, 22 is even too young.
=============

22 is too young in 90% of cases. Test levels are still very high, and top off around 23-27 years of age. However, most people will ignore this. I would say 40 years would be a good guideline, unless you have some important reason for use. THEN, 22, but only with 10 years of training experiance.

--------------
Yes I realize my shins are bleeding. And its called a deadlift. Any other questions???

If you smoke or don’t wear your seatbelt, please don’t tell me the deadlift is dangerous.
mrdeadly99
mrdeadly99
United States
2005/11/24, 03:36 PM
homegym give it more time I lifted weights all throughout highschool, and started up again about 6 months ago. In this past 6 months, ive had more progress than ever before. This progress isnt due to working harder, or taking any supplements, but is all thanks to my diet. Trust me follow a strict diet and take advice from all of these experienced people. You will get bigger and stronger without the help of test boosters or anything like that.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2005/11/24, 08:26 PM
regardless.....nothing wil give you miracle results....NOTHING! Just workout and give yourself some time.

In highschool I was over 200lbs and my 1st max on bench was like 115.....so sad....Back then 300lb bench was godly...in highschool. Now i'm over 300....no i want 400 lol

TIME.....give yourself some.

--------------

2005/11/25, 03:42 PM
I agreee with you guys no steroids but when he talks about something like a test booster isn't that like trubilis or DHL [I think thats the name~} Is this also steroids is'nt there a difference between a pro hormone and steroids?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/11/26, 10:17 AM
Pro hormones may in fact be worse in many ways than the real thing. Both have their inherent dangers.

And no, Trib is neither. Nor is DHEA, which is what you mean instead of DHL I assume.

--------------

2005/11/26, 11:15 AM
Yeah sorry I wasnt really thinking on the DHL one. Would you say that when he talks about making huge growths it's cause he hasnt' been training for very long, because I had massive gains the first month from there on it's been tough!!

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2005/11/26, 11:36 AM
Yep, newbie growth can be a real detterent to folks. Kind of like beginning a diet, at the start, nice losses. Then all of a sudden, progress slows, and the dreaded "plateau". Discouragement sets in, and then they think they have to do some "magic" drastic diet to continue.

--------------

Billytheyankee9
Billytheyankee9
United States
2006/02/11, 04:24 PM

============
Quoting from homegym1:

I'm 13 and 1/2 and I want to know if a testosterone booster would be ok and if its not what are the side effects. if some are ok and some arent please tell me betwween the two. One other thing is are there any ok anti-estrogens for me and my age.
=============
hey guys, i can relate with homegym, im very serious about bodybuilding too. im like 16 and ive been training since like 13 (bc of footbal) ive always had a tall lean body (6'0: 168 lb.s) and the six pac came easily for me, but getting bigger didnt, i got stronger i just never noticed getting bigger. just recently i thought about using a testosterone boosterr such as tribex, which correct me if im wrong, is not a steroid, and wont screw u up at all (so i read). But homegym u do not need it, if u look in your school the 6th and 7th graders always look like little boys, but the 8th graders are like men. it is true u will go through your biggest growth spurt between 7th and 8th. I myself grew like 4 inches and added almost 50 lbs. to my bench press. so be prepared for great gains in size strength and height without any supplements. Creatine is a good one, but weight until after ure growth spurt to use it so u dont stunt your growth

hope this helped
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/02/12, 11:44 AM
1.you don't need any either billy......your test is already high right now....i don't care how "safe" you think somthing is.....if you read theback of the jar it usually says not recomended for people under 30 or somthing.

2.besides you stil have to be 18 to buy supplements like that.
3. if you mom buys them for you then she needs to be canned in public, cause thats stuid.
4. If yoru palying football you don't need size...size is for lineman. IF yoru faster than the other guys....then they can't tackle you period.

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror \"toned\" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don\'t reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
andypandy248
andypandy248
United Kingdom
2007/04/26, 12:59 PM
im 14 a bit on the chubby side ive been trying to loose the weight for a while would test boosters help my stamina and strengh and is there a serious reason they say for over 18s only or not?
jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2007/04/26, 10:26 PM
LET ME ANSWER THAT BY SAYING YES STOP LOOKING FOR A PILL OR SUPPLEMENT ANSWER IN TEENS!!!!!

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/04/29, 02:31 PM
============
Quoting from andypandy248:

im 14 a bit on the chubby side ive been trying to loose the weight for a while would test boosters help my stamina and strengh and is there a serious reason they say for over 18s only or not?
=============

Did you actually read this thread?

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/05/01, 12:56 AM
I am curious as to where these kids parents are??
doggiecool
doggiecool
United States
2007/05/03, 12:27 AM
This is exactly what got pro horomones banned. (Although I'm not arguing that they shouldn't have been.)
homegym1
homegym1
United States
2007/11/29, 05:46 PM
an update, well now i am 15 been using mostly protein creatine and joint stuff.....well new numbers
bench 300
sqaut 400's
deadlift 600
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/11/29, 06:18 PM
Nice numbers bro! Great job.

============
Quoting from homegym1:

an update, well now i am 15 been using mostly protein creatine and joint stuff.....well new numbers
bench 300
sqaut 400's
deadlift 600

=============

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

jessi111291
jessi111291
United States
2008/03/08, 10:00 PM
ok, im not sayin one way or the other whether the kid shud take em or not but he asked if and it was safe and wat the side effects are and no one answered his question. im just sayin...
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/03/08, 10:17 PM
Was the inferrence not enough? I think his question was way more than answered, except maybe by someone who has little to no intrepetation skills.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

zackramey
zackramey
United States
2008/10/12, 11:39 PM

============
Quoting from menace3000:

that was my point...he's developing as a male...with test he might develop secondary characteristics of a female.....he doesn't know diddly about it or the dangers it posseses...this type of 'supplement' is very dangerous....
=============
yeah im 16 and ie been taking test booster for a year now and have no bitch characteristics what so ever...so if the kid wants to let him
1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last