Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Research

gatormade
gatormade
United States
2003/10/04, 08:53 AM
I have a suggestion... Let's use this forum to it's fullest potential. When you post, try to include a reference so we all can look it up and read it. This is one of the best posting forums I have seen on powerlifting and strength training and I think we can use it to help each other be the best we can be. Thanks.
Matt DeLancey
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/10/04, 12:01 PM
Good idea. That is something bbfit1 frequently does, and I am trying to be in the habit of it. Sometimes, though, I know I read an article and I have so many mags and journals and things around, it is hard to find the original source. I also have a lot of info that is in my head from my schooling and certification courses, so I guess then i would have to look up my text books? Some info is good to have documentation, the rest, take it with a grain of salt. And as my onstructor said frequently 'Paper never refused ink'.

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results
"You do or you do not. There is no try." - Yoda
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2009/04/08, 07:19 PM
bump
2009/04/13, 11:48 AM
this forum is dead it seems.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2009/04/13, 02:55 PM
Yeah I'm about to stop coming to this site as I joined this hyped up Challenge they put up and everyone one but me lasted a week or less.

I'm still doing that damn challenge and don't need others to motivate me my meet in 2 weeks is motivation enough!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!

Team Wild Iron
--------------
wildirongym.com
--------------

Squat 305
Deadlift 385
Bench 285
My Log http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=15&t_ix=1631
shaunbroyhill
shaunbroyhill
United States
2009/04/13, 03:00 PM
Well if you ever start up another challenge I will do it with you... and I will last more than a week hehe I have been on the site (usually hiding in a corner) for 5 years and working out for 15 :)
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2009/04/20, 05:58 PM
It's largely dead. There is no reason for any of the experienced members to stick around, no incentive, the owners probably haven't visited the site in over a year, and I personally wont even look at the other sections of this website because as soon as I step out of the powerlifting board, people start crying.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2009/04/21, 12:34 PM
This forum is dead and wrestler you are correct. There is no incentive. Not to beat a dead horse but I have been a contributing member here for a while and have asked on numerous occasions for them to share links and they ignore my request. That is one of the primary reasons why I don't post here anymore. They are selfish.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2009/04/21, 02:19 PM
and yet here you both are posting hmmmmmm

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2009/04/21, 05:41 PM
Mutt, Gator and I have had a combined total of maybe 100 posts in the past year.

Go ahead and tell me the last meaningful discussion that took place on this board. Everytime I check out whats "new" on this board I see a few things:

1. BB1Fit talking about how great he is...
2. Andrew talking about how great his coach is...
3. Menace telling people that they'd have better luck finding information on a different message board...
4. Everyone else talking about how little activity there is on this board...

At one point this was a great board. There were people that knew what they were doing, and people that were learning what to do, and great discussions going on among everyone. All it took were a few members getting tired of the BS and it's turned into a ghost board.
Pensfan
Pensfan
United States
2009/04/21, 07:26 PM
i check the board daily but theres nothing to comment on
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2009/04/21, 08:20 PM
Well steve maybe if you actually posted something without pissing off everyone.....I know for a fact you ran offat least a dozen or so people last year alone. I am just saying and you know that I value you both as VERY GOOD sources of info, that instead of bitching about it stick around and POST something.......Gator, I am not sure what links etc you wanted.....but do not forget that Adrian and George do all the site by them selves...and pay for most of it from their pockets.....

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
2009/04/21, 08:48 PM
Mutt, you know I've been here a good while. The board seems dead to me. I rarely post in this forum because I have little to offer power lifters. In some of the other forums, I've seen a tons of bullshit answers and little correction from mods but absolutely nothing from George and Adrian. I realize mods work here for free. That's not my point.

I've said before that I think this is the perfect place for beginners thanks to the workouts G&A worked so hard to program into it. However, none of the moderators really know how the exercise and nutrition programs work. I think the sight is a great value. My wife and I both paid for a lifetime membership and use the programs.

I think the sight needs mods who know how it works in addition to how to train. I am baffled as to why Matt hasn't been asked to moderate this particular forum. I'm baffled as to why Wrestler's mother didn't drown him. J/K
When I joined, G&A were much more involved. I think that would help enormously to set it back on track.

Most of the mods I consider friends and in no way am I knocking them and all the free hard work they do.There is no way I could or would do what you guys do but I am willing to help beginners. I only speak up because I remember how great this place was when I joined and I'd enjoy seeing it that way again.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2009/04/21, 11:28 PM
I just wanted to link their site to mine and mine to theirs. Not an unreasonable request considering how much free GOOD ADVICE I've given on here. And I pay and run my own website too and train and work 12 hour days. I still wouldn't ignore one of my best posters.
2009/04/22, 12:54 AM
i was unaware of the link to websights idea and have no comment about that. I do believe you'd be an excellent mod and I think Tim Day would be too.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2009/04/22, 04:18 PM
Mutt, those dozen or so people you think I "ran off" wouldn't have stayed anyways, if you look at the fact that there were at least a few hundred posters last year that never stayed longer than 5 posts. In addition, you're full of it because I've only posted about 15 times in the past year and everytime I've done that at least one person has PMd me asking why I don't post more often. I'm not sure which "year" you're talking about but go ahead and try to talk to me about a dozen people when 90% of the people that come to the site have no incentive to come back in the first place.

As for why my mother didn't drown me, my mother was preoccupied by drugs and alcohol, so maybe thats why I'm such a screw up Charlie.

As for gator being a moderator, that should have been a no-brainer. The reason I stayed on this board in the first place was because when I was first starting out, this board was the one where I learned about training for performance instead of aesthetics from none other than Gatormade himself. It was tough, straight to the point advice just like what I give to other people, and it changed my thinking and eventually got me into studying the field I'm working in right now.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2009/04/22, 05:04 PM
yea what is this.. wrestler are u still in new york? i'd like to start strongman training.. i've moved on from bodybuilding..

--------------
Veni,Vidi,Vici.= I came, I saw, I conquered.- Ceasar
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2009/04/22, 05:22 PM
I'm in Memphis TN right now and for the next 5 months for work. I'll be back in New York in the fall.

Go to NAStrongmanInc.com and find the email for the state chair of NYS, I believe it is still Ben L. Send him an email asking about training groups in whatever are of NY you are in.

--------------

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2009/04/22, 09:53 PM
ok. thankyou very much.

--------------
Veni,Vidi,Vici.= I came, I saw, I conquered.- Ceasar
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2009/04/23, 11:12 AM
Wow. I can't believe how long it's been since I've been on this board. Since the beginning of the year, life has been so insane that I have basically fallen off the face of the earth. Though it seems there is little activity on this site anymore, I will try to get back on here more often; things should slow down a little bit in the next few weeks.

--------------
Michael

Strength & Conditioning is not everything; it just really sucks to be weak and slow.
2009/04/24, 11:49 AM
Wrestler I think you beat my activity on this board. LOL

I think it's unfair to attribute people leaving the site on Wrestler considering 90+% of all posters only come and post for as wrestler stated like <5 posts...get an answer then never come back. It works the same way on most other forums and where people are lot more outright rude to the beginners.

This board went to went dead when all the experienced members left and the owners stopped caring outright it seems....

SFG you should have joined up in the comps on sherdog's s/p...they have them every few months....squat, deadlift, now it's ohp...
2009/04/24, 01:27 PM
Scroll through most of the forums. Many of the top ten questions in each forum have no replies. In the "FT Nutrition and Feedback Forum, 8 of the first 10 questions have no replies. That's a pretty healthy dose of rudeness. As much shit as I give Wrestler, he did answer questions at one point. I give both him and BB1 grief because I so frequently don't understand what they say. I'm certain most newbys here are lost by what they say as well.

Look, if management doesn't encourage a welcoming friendly atmosphere, the place will continue to go the way of a ghost town. I say this about all forums but this one. Power lifters are a breed of their own and seem to prefer an in your face approach. I can learn what I need by lurking here present post excepted. I will however continue to use my towel rack , as Menace describes it, at my gym because it meets my needs safely and there is rarely a spotter handy.

--------------

Charlie
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2009/04/28, 03:52 PM
One of the MANY reasons why I have gotten bored and rarly come in here.

============
Quoting from 7707mutt:

Well steve maybe if you actually posted something without pissing off everyone.....I know for a fact you ran offat least a dozen or so people last year alone. I am just saying and you know that I value you both as VERY GOOD sources of info, that instead of bitching about it stick around and POST something.......Gator, I am not sure what links etc you wanted.....but do not forget that Adrian and George do all the site by them selves...and pay for most of it from their pockets.....

=============