Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

pregnant

jeriwall
jeriwall
United States
2003/02/27, 09:32 AM
Ok well I posted a message yesterday about not breastfeeding my 14 month old and gaining weight. Well I took a pregnancy test lastnight and found out that I am prego. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I still want to continue my workout. Right now I do 30 mins of fast paced walking every other day and on the off days I do my ft exercise program. And plus I am on the 12 week ab's program so I will probably be dropping that. Does anyone know what how much of my workout I can still keep doing with out pushing myself to hard.

JeriWall

----------------------------
JeriWall
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/02/27, 01:19 PM
Congratulations!
I read on the wall of my gym that you can still do quite alot, as long as your never in a position where you could lose your balance and fall. so like, no running or owt, but you could use an ex. bike as much as you wanted. And no free weights, just machines. a healthier cardiovascular system beens a healthier baby.

Katie

xx

--------------
My body only feels good when it burns!
I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2003/02/27, 03:08 PM
Congrats to you jeriwall!

Walking sounds fine, but I would recommend checking with your doctor just to ensure that everything will be okay. Good luck with the new little one!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/02/27, 04:38 PM
congrats jeriwall. you can still continue with your walking and even some light weight lifting if you are not too sensitive to preganancy. amazon is right though, i would check with your doctor first. also a light aerobics class, swimming (if you have access to that) and yoga are really great!

good luck!

--------------
Bettia.... When you feel like giving up, take it to the limit one more time!! You will SUCEED :-)
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/02/27, 04:40 PM
oh, btw, you had mentioned that you were taking some supplements, i think something of the sort of xenadrine or such, i would stop those right away as to the effect they might have on the baby.

--------------
Bettia.... When you feel like giving up, take it to the limit one more time!! You will SUCEED :-)
jeriwall
jeriwall
United States
2003/02/27, 05:22 PM
Thanks everyone. Yeah I am going to be checking with my doc to what exercises I can continue. And I stopped taking the Xenadrine yesterday when I found out I was pregnant. I really want to stay fit durning this pregnancy because my last I was on bed rest for 6 months of it because I pulled a muscle in my back. So hopefully I will be able to continue my work out and stuff. Thanks for the reponses.

JeriWall

--------------
JeriWall
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/28, 01:44 AM
You can easily continue walking, biking -all cardio exercices without any impacts. Only endurance though, stop all kind of HIIT.
You can also continue light weight training but no ab exercices right now!

Good luck to you!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.