Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Gone but never forgotten, lil' Bentley

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/11/23, 12:30 PM
I wanted to thank those of you that have kept my grandson, Bentley, in your prayers...I wanted to share with you, that our darling little soldier passed away suddenly this past Saturday, November 17th, at 18 months due to complications of his disease, Spinal Muscular Atrophy...he is so beautiful and my heart threatens to never recover from witnessing the pain he and his parents have gone through --and what his parents continue to go through...but his strength and determination to live those 18 months, smiling and gentle in nature, was something I will remember always...those of you that were, if you could continue to pray for his parents...thank you so very much...Veda :love::love:

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/11/23, 01:46 PM
I am sooo sorry to hear of your loss:( Those 18 months must have been very special.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/11/23, 02:17 PM
Thank you...they were, so very, very special, though so very, very short, they changed my life forever. :love:

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/11/23, 02:51 PM
Veda I am so sorry to hear that. I know from my experience that the pain is always there. You just learn somehow to deal with it. You and your family will be in our prayers!

--------------
As a quarter squatter was dominating the rack, I heard a conversation between an old powerlifter (easily in his 60\\'s) and what I would guess was his grandson (15-yrs old):

Kid: \\"So, why does he stop so short on his squats? That looks weird to me.\\"

Old PL\\'er: \\"He\\'s afraid if he squats deep, his vagina might touch the ground.\\"

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2007/11/26, 10:21 AM
Im sorry to hear about that. Prayers sent!

--------------
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.---Helen Keller
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/12/11, 08:23 PM
Thank you for your kind words...I miss him so, this past couple weeks has been hard...I would go see him every week, sometimes more than once, many times driving week after week to the children's hospital hours away...and now it is lonley without having him here...he makes losing weight a small mountain in comparison with all he went through while on this earth, he is my inspiration...:love::love:

--------------
Veda

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/12/21, 11:12 AM
So sorry for your loss, veda. All my heart goes out to you and your family.:love: