Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

For those of you who take Muscle Milk

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2006/09/12, 08:14 AM
This may be of interest to you if you consume Muscle Milk as a part of your supplementation regimen:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1231523

I'm sure there is some bias in the article, but the general infomation is interesting.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/09/12, 09:18 AM
very intresting....guess i need to toss mine..

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2006/09/12, 09:24 AM
www.t-nation.com is down...you broke it biga!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/09/15, 02:40 PM
Ahhhh....T nation strikes again! And guess what, they just happen to have a 'better version' of muscle milk to sell to all the folks who stop using Muscle Milk! I hate those guys, they make these scientific sounding articles, then pimp their products as a 'alternative'. Marketing at its finest.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/09/15, 02:41 PM
"pimp" their products.....good analogy....
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/14, 01:17 PM
Umm, what is with the picture of the deformed cow? I can't figure out how that has anything to do with the article?

I guess I will do some more reasearch on muscle milk before buying anymore, but i do really like it...

--------------

I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.
-Henry David Thoreau
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/20, 04:47 PM
Dear Amy,

There have been recent inquiries corresponding to the ingredient Glycocyamine in our Original Muscle Milk formula.

The use of Glycocyamine with Betaine was based on a study published by Dr. Henry Borsook, in the Annals of Western Medicine and Surgery. Taking Glycocyamine alone may deplete Methyl groups in the body. Therefore, it is suggested to take Trimethylglycine (TMG) or Betaine with Glycocyamine to provide the body with a large quantity of these needed methyl donors. One of the uses of these Methyl donors is to metabolize and detoxify the body of homocysteine. This is important because elevated levels of homocysteine may be linked to heart disease. Betaine Anhydrous is coupled with Glycocyamine in our product to increase the amount of Methyl donors available in the body, to increase our body’s natural Creatine production and to lower homocysteine levels. Glycocyamine plus Betaine Anhydrous is what we refer to as Creatine GCC.

Searching the web you can find articles both pro and con in regards to Glycocyamine. Bodybuilding.com posts an article by Derek Cornelius, reviewing products that contain Glycocyamine, and supporting the use of this ingredient when formulated with Betaine in a 4:1 ratio.

Unfortunately, some individuals and organizations have taken information and used it to specifically target Muscle Milk to try and raise doubts about its safe use.

To date, millions of servings of Muscle Milk have been sold and safely consumed. There is not one adverse report from our happy, satisfied users. Several versions of Muscle Milk are currently available on the market. If Glycocyamine/Betaine is of concern to you, please look for the Muscle Milk ready-to-drink version, Muscle Milk Light or our Muscle Milk Collegiate products which do not contain these ingredients.

We do take your concerns and comments seriously and will continue to research this issue further.

Best Regards,

Stasha Rice

Sales & Marketing Coordinator

www.cytosport.com

4795 Industrial Way

Benicia, CA 94510

888-298-6629

707-748-5732 fax