Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Ankle problems?

Zenkei18
Zenkei18
United States
2006/02/20, 09:15 PM
Went joggin today and my jogging style is not the greatest, lot of flat footed landings, but the thing is, whenever I land my ankle feels a lot of stress, by the time I got done with my jog my calves are in pain, and now I can't really jump or put much pressure on them at all. They have been like this for some time, what's up?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/02/21, 12:49 AM
Where exactly is the pain?
How flexible is are your calves? How about dorsiflexion?

--------------
Iron and chalk.

Pain is only temporary, it is in your mind. If you can still walk, then you can still run.
Zenkei18
Zenkei18
United States
2006/02/21, 01:44 PM
Pain is in front and back of lower legs. They are highly flexible both up and down as I use a standing calf raise machine to train them. I just got back from shooting a lot of baskets today and they still hurt too... :-/ I am thinking that maybe though it is just an Achilles tendon and maybe it isn't strong enough to support all the weight I'm landing on with. That doesn't really make sense though seeing as I've lost around 12 lbs and only weigh around 10 more than I had before I began to bulk...
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2006/02/22, 08:34 PM
I have had much achilles problems in the past, and the only thing I can tell you is to try to rest them man. Also, you might want to look into taking some Cissus RX (it's in some posts in this area). It helped heal and relieve some of my pain.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt