Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Welcome

FT_Staff
FT_Staff
Canada
2000/11/27, 06:47 PM
Welcome to FreeTrainers.com

We would like to take this opportunity to invite all of our members to participate in the FreeTrainers.com Communities. The message board is very easy to use and also a great source of information.

Some general guidelines about posting:

- FreeTrainers.com is a service for people of all ages, so we ask you to please keep the conversations clean. No cursing or offensive words will be tolerated.

- No racial comments that may offend people.

- If you don't like someone's opinion, you may debate on it maturely - this does not include name-calling or an offensive tone.

- If you have any doubt as to whether your message is acceptable in this discussion, then please don't post it.

Keep in mind that only registered FreeTrainers.com members may post to this message board, so there are no anonymous posts. If you feel that someone is not abiding by these rules, email us and we will deal with it accordingly. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your disclusion from the FreeTrainers.com Communities and/or termination of the member's account. Serious offences may result in an IP ban and/or legal actions to be taken against the offending party.

Thank you for participating in the FreeTrainers.com Communities,

Adrian and George
of FreeTrainers.com
Badza
Badza
United States
2000/12/06, 09:03 AM
Thank you .I"m very glad to find this kind of staff.I need that much.
Greetings from Serbia.
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2000/12/06, 07:39 PM
We will try our best to make your visits to FreeTrainers.com as pleasant as possible. If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to voice them in the message boards or you can email them to us. As the site is growing, more and more people are starting to use the message boards, and before you know it, people from all over the world will be exchanging ideas! Keep an eye out, you'll be amazed!

Train hard!

Adrian
sugarmom
sugarmom
United States
2001/12/05, 08:29 PM
Hi,I'm sugarmom...I have extended my exercise program for more time..I want to body build but I only use 10 and 15 free weights..I barely see progress..I want to see more..
There is one problem..I dont have machine weights and the program gave me exercises for that..I tried to change it and it wont budge..What do I do?I need help asap..
please !! Is there anything that I can take or eat or drink to help my progress...**H-E-L-P**

thank you
Sugarmom
bicep14
bicep14
Bahrain
2001/12/03, 04:26 PM
YES ITS GREAT TO BE THERE WITH SUCH A LOVELY STAFF ,BUT I WANTED TO ASK SOMETHIN IS THEFE A PLACE FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME AND CAN PEOPLE LIKE ME SUCCEED INSUCH STUFF BECAUSE I AM REALLY POOR FINANCIALLY I CAN AFFORD FREEWEIGHTS AT MY PLACE BUT CAN GO TO JYM OR USE THOSE EXPENSIVE SUPPLEMENTS ..ADVICE ME PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW HOW TO CHECK MY POSTS ANSWER FROM UR SIGHT,I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHECK MY MESSAGES ANSWER FROM U ALL...SO PLZ DO SEND UR REPLY ON MY PERSONAL MAIL AND ALSO HERE WERE U USUALLY SEND.........
MY ADDRESS IS BICEP14@HOTMAIL.COM
tgrider
tgrider
United States
2000/12/09, 02:31 PM
customize training exercies. FT has laid out a nice set of exercies for me to gain mass. But what if i want to change some the the exercies and the days i work out. Can i customize the work out page so that i can keep track of the workout and you can give my ideas and comments on the workout. If there a way i can do this.
thank you
Musclehead T
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2000/12/10, 05:49 AM
The days given in the workout plan are given as guidelines. We know that most people won't be able to train on those exact days, so you can switch them around a bit as long as you keep the correct order and proper rest days between workouts. Ideally, you would want to follow the week split given, though, it adds longer rest periods for muscles that drain you more than others....

As for changing around the exercises, you cannot do that at the moment, but it has just been added to a 'to do' list - giving the user some flexibility in the exercises they choose does seem like a good feature that I think you will be seeing in the near future...

Adrian
george
george
Canada
2000/12/11, 06:48 PM
Hello tgrider.
You have the option to select from training 2 days a week to 5 days a week. This should be enough to meet your needs. The training for each of those days is selected specifically.. NOT RANDOMNLY.. so changing the training on the days would not be advised. We will however have the option for selecting the exercises yourself if you choose to do so.
In the very near future, we will have many customizable options in the workout page.

Thanks for your feedback,
George.

Train hard, stay strong.
mtm
mtm
India
2000/12/10, 06:24 AM
hello freetrainers.com i am very happy to come across to your site and i liked it very much.
keep it up!
george
george
Canada
2000/12/11, 06:40 PM
Well thank you for your feedback! As Adrian mentioned, we are growing very rapidly which means we are going to have to meet many peoples different needs. We hope that you will reach your goals for many years to come.

George
Derek_R
Derek_R
Canada
2000/12/16, 10:18 PM
k
Mrkool1980
Mrkool1980
India
2002/01/11, 12:06 PM
i hve gained so much knowledge from here.
and i m looking forwards for the animated clip of the exercises
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/01/11, 01:06 PM
welcome to the club, mrkool980. we're always here to help.

michael
RavenHLB2
RavenHLB2
United States
2002/01/15, 04:05 AM
Hi well I just would like to look at all your programs such as wide shoulders program, chest, thigh, calves,ect.
so I may judge the areas I'd like to focus on for my self.
Cause I went to the abs program, now it will not let me look at the others. WHY is that? I tried changing programs ,but couldn't.
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/01/15, 10:01 AM
welcome to ft.

Your options which you selected such as wide shoulders, etc, are automatically combined in your 8 week program which you have access to. So don't worry.. the program you currently can see has all the goals which you selected.

The 12 week abs program is seperate link which you have already found.

Good luck.

.o0 Arnold 0o.
RavenHLB2
RavenHLB2
United States
2002/01/15, 04:06 AM
Hi well I just would like to look at all your programs such as wide shoulders program, chest, thigh, calves,ect.
so I may judge the areas I'd like to focus on for my self.
Cause I went to the abs program, now it will not let me look at the others. WHY is that? I tried changing programs ,but couldn't.
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2003/03/14, 03:33 AM
*BUMP*

Wow, the first message ever posted on FreeTrainers.com! November 7th, 2000! A special thank you goes out to each and every one of YOU for helping us get where we are today...

--------------
Adrian - ft Staff
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/03/14, 11:57 AM
Only the best help and support group on the web bar none! Glad to be a small part of it. It is like a family, you almost get to know some of the people, and hearing results from some you have helped is just awesome! Thanks for being here one and all.....

--------------
Failing to plan is like planning to fail!
ckavsinba
ckavsinba
Trinidad And Tobago
2003/03/15, 01:35 PM
Best site that i've come across...thats FT...keep up a job well done...

--------------
Love is grand,
divorce is a
hundred grand...
gbaser
gbaser
Antigua And Barbuda
2003/03/16, 01:20 PM
this is a great site. I just joined. and it helped me and my husband tremendously. the only thing I would ask is, why is that the programs start on Monday? I hate the Monday syndrome, I never start anything on Monday :) so I had to start on a wednesday and went from there!!! just joking...
this is a great site... people are very helpful and it is a great resource for beginners like me.

gokce
Marx-22
Marx-22
Canada
2003/03/16, 09:09 PM
Awesome site. I am a new person to the site myself and Have found the resources availably extremely helpful. Have even found some motivation to keep going with my training here too.

Can't wait till ft pro gets released .. I am excited about seeing the new features

Mark

--------------
He Who controls the past,
commands the future.
He who commands the future,
conquers the past.
- Kane
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/03/16, 09:31 PM
Amazingly awsome. All I can say is "This is the best community on the net".

--------------
Peace on earth

Ivan Montreal Canada