Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

can u get ABS in a month??---help!

cutieabs
cutieabs
United States
2003/02/04, 04:42 AM
hi! I've been trying soo hard to get my stomach tight but it just doesn't work..i know i've been doin the right moves and stuff for like 2 months...what kind of exercises shows results quickly?? can someone please HELP me!! thanx a bounch!
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2003/02/04, 01:38 PM
Unless you're genetically gifted (most of us are not), you'll need to track your calories and stabilize your diet in order to have visible abs. No way around it. You could do 1000 situps a day for a year and you would never get your abs to show through - spot reduction just doesn't happen.

--------------
"Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters!"
-- Bob Dylan
cutieabs
cutieabs
United States
2003/02/15, 03:13 AM
see the thing is: I'm 5'2 and i weight 100lbs! I don't wana loose any more lbs but how do i only lose my stomic??..HELP! is there any exercise that shows good results??
bullriderdc1
bullriderdc1
United States
2003/03/05, 08:39 PM
what is the point of resting the first two days of the 12 weeks abs program?
skinnyrobin
skinnyrobin
Germany
2003/03/06, 10:44 AM
make sure to not only depend on the moves you make. what i mean is, e.g. situps, when your contracting your muscels, give them a good extra squeeze at the top for about 2 secs. if you just depend on the contraction the move makes, you don't stress them out enough. On this site you'll find some pretty good abs excercises-make sure to use different ones to train all areas of the abs. very important in building muscel, especially the abs, is patience. watch your diet, train systematically and change your excercises every now and then. you can also put on heavy boots whilst doing leg raises to increase the amount of work. Following the abs program on this site is a safe and sure way of getting them.
good luck

@ bullridicdc1: its probably just to space out the time better over the weeks. it makes no difference if its monday, wednesday, friday, sunday, tuesday etc.
or wednesday, friday, sunday etc.
i hope you get what i mean :) -i can't really explain it any better.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/03/06, 11:28 AM
Abs are muscle like any other that needs to be built. Hundreds of situps will not usually do this. You need to train them like any other muscle you are trying to build, with resistance. Work them hard, short bursts, a 10-15 minute intense ab session is all you really need. Do this a max of 3 times per week, no more. Remember, you are taking a muscle through catabolism(tearing down),breaking down, so it needs time to recouperate to grow. Then the diet is essential to them EVER showing. If diet is not correct, then you can work them forever, and actually just look fatter with the new mucle pushing out the fat even further. Hope this helps, it is the only thing that works other than going out and buying one of those batman suits that have the abs in them!

--------------
Failing to plan is like planning to fail!
Lonegirl
Lonegirl
Canada
2003/03/07, 10:37 AM
Even if you are only 100lbs you could still have a relativly high body fat. Eat well. Build more muscle (overall) You do not need to loose weight but perhaps lose a bit of fat and add muscle.
mattwilson
mattwilson
United States
2003/03/21, 03:24 PM
My fiancee is also 5'2" and weighs 105. She dances at her College, so that helps her keep her 6 and the rest of her body toned. All of the movements they do really do work the abs. Try that, or something like it.

--------------
Pain is weakness leaving the body
sjanlej
sjanlej
United States
2004/12/22, 01:49 PM

Hi is it possible to loos 40-50 lbs in 3 months?
jonathanweaver
jonathanweaver
United States
2004/12/22, 02:21 PM
Sure... Amputation.

Nah... It depends on where you are starting at. On "The Biggest Loser" they were losing like that, but they started with a lot to lose, a GREAT diet, tons of workout, and a personal trainer.

--------------
I will never grow up, just old.

Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Jonathan
2004/12/22, 07:46 PM
sjanlej I really hope you don't try to lose this much weight so fast....it's downright dangerous unless you're 400+lb and have BMI of like 40 don't do it....ie morbidly obese.....set realistic goals...like 5lb a month ...so 15 lb in 3 months.......try to achieve this through a clean diet and exercise...

if you try to lose this much weight you will lose a lot of muscle mass as well...

liquid diets are one way to do it...but they are usually done with very morbidly obese individuals...they are placed on extremely deficient calorie diets...consuming like 800 calories...taking most of their calories from protein-like supplements..along with multivitamins to prevent nutrient deficiencies...but for these people losign this weight ASAP outweighs risks associated with losing the weight because keeping it on is much more dangerous...I don't think you belong in this category...

lol jonathan...nicely said
jonathanweaver
jonathanweaver
United States
2004/12/23, 10:39 AM
In the Females Only forum she stated that she's starting at 185, I think. Definitely shouldn't focus on this much weight loss in this little time when starting there.

--------------
I will never grow up, just old.

Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Jonathan
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/12/27, 12:00 AM
Be sure to work out more than just abs. Work your entire body to burn more and more calories. Do full body circuits a couple times a week and cardio a couple times a week on off days. Get plenty of protein and eat very sensibly in 6 smaller portions a day. Be sure and get essential fats and your good carbs. I would also try doing something anaerobic such as sprints one day a week. This is nothing technical but is a sound plan that will get you results.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

Eos
Eos
Canada
2005/02/14, 05:59 PM
Hi, I recently became a vegetarian (about 3 weeks ago). Since then I've lost about 10 lbs. I was 132 lbs before, I'm now 123 lbs. I'm also 5'5 ft.
I don't have very good muscle tone, so even though I don't weigh a lot for my height, I look chubby :( . I've started doing regular cardio to lose the fat and ab exercises so that they'll show through when the fat is gone. But what I want to know is, if I can buid muscle (abs, etc...) without eating animal protein or protein powders and shakes ( I tried several brands and hated the taste). But I still eat dairy products and everything else other than any kind of meat.
Thanks a lot to whoever responds :) .
2005/02/14, 08:59 PM
sure

soy, milk, cheese....eggs? also try Pro-rated Whey protein from Costco..it tastes amazing....and very cheap at under 20$ for 90 servings....

Try to do fairly heavy compound exercises...this stereotypically sounds very 'masculine' but you'll get a lot of benefit from this and in fairly short time...do squats, deadlift, overhead shoulder presses, bench presses, curls, dips, etc...as well as ab exercises like crunches, leg raises, russian twists, bicycle kicks, etc...once you get familiar with these exercises do sets of 8-10 reps with weights u can only do that many reps...otherwise increase weights...however at first do these exercises with light weights or even with just body weight to get the rhythm/fluidity and proper form down...

try to take in about 130-140g of protein....also focus on including complex carbs in your diet...(brown rice, yams, sweet potatoes, lentils, beans ,etc) (which means no white bread or white rice, pasta, potatoes, etc)
Eos
Eos
Canada
2005/02/15, 07:34 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply :) .
I have one more question. Like you said, some of the exercises that you listed sound a bit masculine. If I do them for a while, should I be afraid of looking grossly muscular for a girl? :big_smile:
Oh, by the way, I'm 25. If I follow this routine, how long do you think it would typically take me to get results?
Thanks for your time.
2005/02/15, 10:48 AM
Most women don't have the testosterone to put on lots of muscle mass like men can (unless you inject it in your rear :surprised:).

Many women who begin a good weight training program are very surprised to find out that they lose inches on their waist, thighs, etc while they're gaining muscle. Muscle is constantly gobbling calories and contributing to fat loss, so gaining muscle usually runs hand-in-hand with losing fat.

You might want to consider measuring your progress with a measuring tape rather than the scale. Since muscle is heavier than fat, many people drastically improve their look and measurements even though their weight doesn't change much.
2005/02/15, 01:09 PM
mzakal hit it ....you will not look 'masculine'...it'just a stereotype..those exercise will give you results quickly ...you'll see strength gains in the beginning from workout to workout....to see muscle changes it will take 2-4 months....remember that your weight may stay the same while your body composition(muscle/fat) will change ....perserverence is the key....also remember fitness is a life long commitment...once you hit your goals you must stay with it otherwise it will all disappear....
Eos
Eos
Canada
2005/02/15, 07:53 PM
Thank you both so much for the advice.
I've been working hard for 2 weeks. Luckily, I'm not really overweight and I don't have tons of fat to lose. So I work out everyday and like Menace3000 said, I've noticed a difference in my level of strength since the time I've started (and I fit into my clothes much better:) ) . It's going well for now, I'm just afraid that I might lose my enthusiasm.
I'm having surgery in a couple of days, so I'll have to take break for about 2 weeks, but then I plan to start back up.
Thanks again to both of you :) .
Eos
Eos
Canada
2005/03/07, 12:01 AM
Hi, me again.
I had the surgery, now I'm back to working out. But I have one more question. Can you ever completely get rid of cellulite? If anyone knows or has any experience, I'd really appreciate the response. Sorry to bug you all again.
FRGT10
FRGT10
Australia
2005/04/18, 04:50 AM
Hi im 19 year old male (height- 5'9 ft, weight- 154.3lbs). I have been going to the gym for about 2 years, doing mostly compound exercises 4 times per week and no cardio. I have never been able to achieve abs when everything else has been getting into shape. Now I have decided to start cardio twice a day on off days (rowing and running) and once a day on days when I go to do weights with one rest day. I have started to diet on fish, chicken, white rice, vegetables and fruit only.

-My question is:-
In doing this do you think it is possible to achieve abs in a month and is the diet right or should I eliminate white rice and fruit?

Bob11294
Bob11294
United States
2009/06/02, 10:16 PM
Can i lose some weight and get into some what better in shape for football season that is in a month. My weight is 167 and i wanna be 155 and i wanna be able to bench press 120 and im benching 80 now is this possible to do in a month?
cjb18
cjb18
United States
2009/06/04, 01:15 PM
i think you could definitly get to 100, and i dont understand why you are trying to lose weight for football. lift till you fail, you'll get results.