Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Update

rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/02/08, 03:19 PM
I think I may have found a little something that may make my military lift PR that much more interesting. While I was warming up last night, one of my friends at the gym came up to me and started discussing the close-reverse grip bench press that I do for my triceps. He then made a joke, and said it would be interesting to see a military done that way. Hmmmmmmmm, I thought. My strongest upper body components are my triceps and anterior deltoids. So I said, "What the hell?" I did some off the rack just so I could get used to the hand posistion. Before I knew it, I did a 340 pound wide reverse grip military press off the racks!!!!! What a freakin' rush!! I'm going for it again next week, just lighter so I can work on rehab'ing my depth due those damn pinched nerves.

----------------------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/02/08, 06:37 PM
Congrats Rev...is there anything more fulfilling than pushing some new heavy weight? Sounds like you are well on your way to your goal. The grip sounds interesting. I have done it on the bench, but never on militaries. Interesting, will have to try that when I am done with this damn contest diet. Hard to make any new records dieting! LOL..Keep up the great work, let us know when you reach the next goal you have.

--------------
Failing to plan is like planning to fail!
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2003/02/08, 10:03 PM
Awesome news, Rev! I've been curious as to how your progress has been. You're making me feel weak now - posting those big numbers like that. Guess that'll just make me work harder to try to beat you someday! ;)
(Yeah, right!)

I wish you all the luck. Keep putting up those big numbers!!!!

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/02/10, 09:44 AM
Way to go...Hmmmm reverse grip ? Sounds funny....lets us know how it goes!!!!!!

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/02/10, 12:27 PM
Thanks, guys. I really do appreciate it. I'll keep you all updated... or you can always check my on-line training journal.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/02/10, 06:56 PM
Keep up the fantastic progress! Your a motivator!

--------------
Nothing is too small to know, and nothing is too big to attempt!

Ivan Montreal Canada