Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Cellulite

workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2003/01/18, 10:36 AM
Im sure it's been posted.....but with diet, proper exercise, etc. the cellulite that has been hanging around my bum region.....will it diminesh? The only thing at this point of my life I want hanging around me is mula! Lotsa mula, and of course men! :o)
I know most of us women have that so wondering if you "super women" such as ltrosi and Phila, ever had to deal with it and did your routines help get rid of it? I'm never coming out into the light - "neked" again!
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/01/18, 03:49 PM
Girl-friend, you need to get to the gym more, make yourself go!!!!!! Watch what you eat and record it so as not to go over your limits. Cardio, burn that fat, that is what cellulite is FAT. Now, How is the job hunt going, did you get any call backs??????? :)

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!
Chickie
Chickie
United States
2003/01/18, 05:29 PM
Hi ! I didn't see this thread and just posted at the other Cell. thread . I was wondering that too workoutwoman, so have you ladies ever had it ?
Thanks for your help~
kyarhati00
kyarhati00
United States
2003/01/21, 10:49 PM
Actually Sandy, I admire you a lot but I beg to differ. My aunt is 40 years old, has been working out and playing sports since she was a young girl, never weighed more than 125 in her life, has a great body (fully clothed) but you don't wanna see her naked thighs and rear. Some people are genetically predisposed to have to deal with things like cell no matter how thin and fit. There are some treatments out there. My advise to you guys is go to your esthetician or cosmetologist first, and after a couple of treatments see if it has worked for you, and buy the equipment so you can do it yourself at home.
SweetDelight
SweetDelight
Canada
2003/01/28, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone,
Cellulite, i have alot to say about that. I agree with kyarhati, it does depend on your genes but... there is hope i tryed this cream from clarins at the department store where you get make up and stuff. Ask for the cellulite diminisher, works like a charm. it distributes the fatty tissue to even out your skin.. Cellulite is a cluster of fatty tissue that build up in that area. get the cream, message the ara well and get regular exercise.... I found that a combinaion of exercise and cream has worked for me... My cellulite is almost all gone. Good luck!
SweetDelight
SweetDelight
Canada
2003/01/28, 01:38 PM
Hi everyone,
Cellulite, i have alot to say about that. I agree with kyarhati, it does depend on your genes but... there is hope i tryed this cream from clarins at the department store where you get make up and stuff. Ask for the cellulite diminisher, works like a charm. it distributes the fatty tissue to even out your skin.. Cellulite is a cluster of fatty tissue that build up in that area. get the cream, message the ara well and get regular exercise.... I found that a combinaion of exercise and cream has worked for me... My cellulite is almost all gone. Good luck!
nikki_m_austin
nikki_m_austin
United States
2003/01/28, 02:56 PM
YOUR BODY IS DIFFERENT THAN MY BODY IS DIFFERENT THAN EVERY OTHER BODY out there.

The key is trying different things, to be consistent to monitor the real effect of what you try. For me, I've been pretty active most of my life with weight training, and not fat but not stick-skinny. My weight tends to locate itself around my glute-thigh area, and only now am I seeing it go away.

For me, diet was key with regular (heavier than norm) water consumption. My workout routine I fine-tuned, and after wearing cellulite all my life, it is on its way to gone!!!! SOOOO excited! It's been work, but I can't tell you how thrilled I am after having it since 14 yrs old + !!

Good luck! Try things and be consistent with what you try to be able to accurately measure your success!
ufo_10
ufo_10
Canada
2003/04/10, 12:00 PM
nikki
You say that diet was the key for you. Can you elaborate on the diet that worked.
Thanks ufo_10
eanderson73
eanderson73
United States
2003/04/10, 12:16 PM
OK..I have this ugly stuff too... I have since like forever. I was extremely overwieght when I was a kid. At 14 I weighed in at 245. One morning...I woke up during my 14th year..and decided that I did not want to live that way. I rode an exercise bike daily and cut my eating way down and voila by my 18th bday...I weighed in at 145. I still had the cellulite. I still have it...and I am 29 almost 30. I hate to be naked...and of course I weight alil more than 145 cause I have 3 kids and one is only 10 months old. I dont tell my wieght...lol. I walk alot..and I weight train as often as my schedule allows....but I would like some specific exercised to ban that stuff from thighs. I have learned some exercises that have helped my butts...but it just hangs there on my thighs...help...

--------------
persistant to be healthy and strong...so I can kick butt if I wanna!!!!!!
eanderson73
eanderson73
United States
2003/04/10, 12:18 PM
one more thing...I do not have the option to go to the gym...so I train at home.
kirby00
kirby00
United States
2003/04/10, 01:50 PM
any of you ever try the new avon cellulite cream? i've been thinking about ordering it, but it seems like it could be a lot of b.s.

sweetdelight, what cream do you use?

-Krb
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/04/11, 02:39 AM

============
Quoting from kirby00:

any of you ever try the new avon cellulite cream? i've been thinking about ordering it, but it seems like it could be a lot of b.s.

-Krb
=============

Yes I use it, but don't count on any fat burning there! What the cream does is giving you a firmer smoother looking skin (because of the massage and extra hydration).
Try whatever brand and see how it works for you.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
kirby00
kirby00
United States
2003/04/11, 12:44 PM
So if it's just about massage and hydration, then how is a special cellulite or firming cream different than any other lotion? I've read about added caffiene, etc...

PhysiqueMystiqu
PhysiqueMystiqu
United Kingdom
2003/04/13, 01:46 PM
I've tried every cream, massage, wrap, mud, yohimbine, caffine, ephedra - the lot! The only thing that got rid of my cellulite was diet. When my BF% got below 15% then it disappeared. Before that it was like cottage cheese was spread on my legs!

To keep up with the diet and exercises and it will go. Heavy weights for legs also helped me.

--------------
For tasty nutritious bodybuilding recipes check out Muscle Menus CLICK HERE http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/ebook.asp
ufo_10
ufo_10
Canada
2003/04/13, 03:07 PM
Wow then I guess I have a loooooong ways to go.

My current body fat is 29%!!!!!!! I really am getting frustrated. I have been working out at the gym for more than a year. In the beginning I did mostly aerobics and some of the machines. For the past six weeks I have really cleaned up the diet kept my cal down between 12-1400. My fats were under 25% and my protein around 25%. People here suggested I raise my proteins grams to match my body weight. I have added two protein shakes and egg whites with my breakfast oatmeal.

I do weights 5 times a week and lift as heavy as I can. Aerobics usually 6 times a week vary from 30 -40 min. 3 of these I do interval and the other more moderate.

I was also advised to stop using scales and measure instead.

I just measured today and no change in two weeks on waist or hips!!!!!!!!! Now I'm really frustrated I get on the scale to see I am up 3.5 lbs over last time I weighed.

My pants do seem to fit better, however.

Please tell me what is wrong surely after six weeks something should be happening.

PS I record everything I eat on fitday.com it keeps track of calories and % etc.

Really getting pissed of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ufo_10
ufo_10
Canada
2003/04/13, 03:07 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
fashionbug
fashionbug
United States
2003/08/27, 03:28 PM
Caffiene's affect on cellulite:
Caffiene plays a key role in fat motabolism. Caffeine is
also skin-permeable, which means it will get right
down to the fat layer and help the body metabolize the
fat. Research on caffiene has also proven it to be a
powerful antioxidant and UVA/UVB filter, which means it
can protect the skin against skin cancers caused by
solar radiation. I'm talking about "Topical Application", not internal consumption.

I found a terrific product line, during my research, that
contains a specific complex of caffiene and green tea.
Check out www.sknkafe.com if you are interested in
finding out more. When I got my order in, the aroma of
the line was gorgeous!

Post any feedback you may have on this site. I'm really
interested to see what everyone thinks about it. I found out about this through a friend, and I'm just sold on the stuff -- my skin looks great!
liesbeneath
liesbeneath
United States
2003/08/27, 03:48 PM
so, i saw some special on t.v. cellulite creams. they tested about 6 different subjects one of the creams being tested was one by avon and one of the others was by clarins. the only thing that the creams did was improve the texture of the skin but, didn't do much for cellulite except for the cream by clarins...which, did seem to remove the yuckie fat, slim down the thighs and deminish the cottage cheese effect.
gretchb73
gretchb73
United States
2003/08/27, 05:37 PM
creams...been there done that...is there any specific exercise to work the Saddle bags??
liesbeneath
liesbeneath
United States
2003/08/27, 05:51 PM
lunges, squats, leg presses and curls have been doing a great job so far. i do them once a week and use weights heavy enough to be sore for the 3 days that follow...i've been doing this for about 9 weeks. bf noticed a change in the shape of my legs and butt and i've been getting a lot of compliments from others as well. just make sure the weight you use is heavy enough to make you feel like you might not be able to finish the last few reps.
rickyshot
rickyshot
United States
2003/08/29, 11:00 PM
UFO I have the same problem as you except I do not have much cellulite. You have to take into account age, genetics, body type and medical conditions and be realistic. I am 49 with hypothyroid and have been on a plateau for a year and half. I am improving my shape slowly and strength and overall health but I am not 20 anymore. But I can't get my bodyfat down and see the real definition that I want or lose the last 10 lbs sigh.......
Diana123
Diana123
Hungary
2003/08/30, 09:52 AM
I've been using the new Avon Solutions Anti-cellulite cream for about 4 months now on both my stomach and thighs and let me tell you, it did wonders! Other people at the gym noticed it too so it there must be something good about it. But of course, no cream will change much without the exercise, so I say that when combined with lunges, squats and cardio, the Avon cream is super!
cannabis_7l
cannabis_7l
United States
2004/05/18, 02:22 PM
i really wanna know what kinda exercises to do to lose cellulite quick. can some one help plz email @ cannabis_7l@yahoo.com. and if your just bored i need help with an exercise program. i heard a lot of b.s. but i really wanna some modivation and help.
in need sincerly
help plz,:)
gretchen100
gretchen100
United States
2004/05/28, 07:04 PM
Spot reduction just isn't enough. Eating right and exercise are key---key--key. Burning around 500 calories per workout has helped me to lose the cellulite. Til recently, I thought I was stuck with the stuff forever-have had it since 13. But I'm watching it disappear, finally. To the woman with three kids and blaming that on overweight, no offense at all, but we women cannot give ourselves that excuse---ever. I've had five babies and never once let that be my excuse; none of us should unless we had some especially difficult circumstance requiring us to up the calories or something. And no one can say I'm genetically pre-disposed to being a certain size---just plain hogwash. Before I got married I was 160 lbs and on my way to gaining more. At 5'3", I was too heavy. The key to losing it and keeping it off, even during pregnancy, was diet followed by exercise. I cut out fast food-hard sometimes when you have little ones, but with discipline me and my kids are eating healthier. Soft drinks-say goodbye to regular consumption. Fried foods, big pasta meals and the like, huge late dinners-say goodbye. During pregnancy, three of which I was on bedrest, diet was still key. If I craved some chocolate, I'd have a little. During PMS, still sometimes, I'll get out that pint of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey and eat away---but it is rare and not regular. But moderation is still key. After having babies, waiting til a full recovery and until my milk was in well---about three months post-partum, I hit the gym. At 115, it's been a blessing to see the majority of the cellulite (I call it butt fat so that I don't ignore that it's fat) go away, the abs becoming hard, and muscles starting to take shape.
Lace123
Lace123
United States
2004/06/01, 01:54 PM
Hey girls. I'm new here and I have some info that could help. I'm not saying "do this" and cellulite will go away forever. It is genetic. Anway.. Cellulite is caused by large fat cells covered with toxins that are floating in lots of water, in lamens terms.
You can 'detox' to rid your fat cells of this extra coating of toxins (from preservatives, smoking, yucky stuff). One can use a dry brush, using long strokes twards the heart. This increases blood flow, and gets rid of dead cells. You can also apply creams, I'm still not sure which is the best, but I read in a mag about some Nutragena ani-cellulite, which I'm planning on buying...
Anyway.. So we have detox to remove toxins, now the plan is to reduce their size. This is done straight from exercise. Exercise regularly. And to maintain there new found size, good nutrition is key. Beware of caffeine, smoking, high salts, and drink lots of water.
Good luck!
Colleen0466
Colleen0466
United States
2004/06/03, 06:51 PM
I tried the Avon cream. My cousin sold Avon and I got it at her cost, so I used it for awhile religiously...but sorry to say, it didnt work at all.

Has anyone ever considered Lypo???? I'm desperate enough to give it a try!:)
Lace123
Lace123
United States
2004/06/10, 03:11 PM
I had it done, and im sorry to say... I still have cellulite. It contoured my body nicely, but its not an end to the cellulite problem.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/06/12, 02:29 AM
Good info, thanks! :)

============
Quoting from Lace123:

Hey girls. I'm new here and I have some info that could help. I'm not saying "do this" and cellulite will go away forever. It is genetic. Anway.. Cellulite is caused by large fat cells covered with toxins that are floating in lots of water, in lamens terms.
You can 'detox' to rid your fat cells of this extra coating of toxins (from preservatives, smoking, yucky stuff). One can use a dry brush, using long strokes twards the heart. This increases blood flow, and gets rid of dead cells. You can also apply creams, I'm still not sure which is the best, but I read in a mag about some Nutragena ani-cellulite, which I'm planning on buying...
Anyway.. So we have detox to remove toxins, now the plan is to reduce their size. This is done straight from exercise. Exercise regularly. And to maintain there new found size, good nutrition is key. Beware of caffeine, smoking, high salts, and drink lots of water.
Good luck!

=============

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
www.nme-pro.com
NancyK
NancyK
Canada
2005/04/25, 02:51 PM
I need help with my cellulite. I have been working out for only about 6 months..but quite hard recently. I am getting married soon and don't want to have to cover myself on the beach on my honeymoon. I have talked to my doctor about creams, and he says don't count on it. I have been doing exercises that target my butt and have eliminated a lot of junk food from my diet such as cheese, fast food, etc. Am I doing the right thing? Does anyone have a solution?:(
sbroyhill
sbroyhill
United States
2005/04/25, 03:03 PM
wow another old post brought up :)

--------------
:Hard work equals great results!:
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2005/04/25, 03:35 PM
Yup seems to be going around today sbroyhill.

Nancy...there's lots you can do. Watch your diet closely...write everything down and use the tracker on this site to see how much Calories/Fat/Carb/Protien you're getting. Then you'll be able to tell better what you need to be eating and what to avoid. Once you figure out what you should be eating divide that number of calories by 5 or 6 and eat that many mini meals per day...that way it keeps your metabolism cooking all day. And when you cut calories from your current intake do it slowly by a few hundred every few days or so.

Keep working out...doing Cardio is always great, about 30-45 minutes, 3-4 days a week, but don't neglect the weights either.

Otherwise read through the site and feel free to ask questions. But please fill out your profile, it makes it much easier for us to answer your questions.

Good luck to you.
krystal_reeves
krystal_reeves
United States
2005/05/18, 03:58 AM
I heard that cellulite can still be present even if you watch what you eat and exercise. I have it to, don't feel bad.
jennahjett
jennahjett
United States
2007/05/25, 05:30 PM

============
Quoting from Philia2: My mom had the avon cellulite cream and it worked really good, but the thing with it is when you get something like that you will ALWAYS have to use it, and its a waste of money if your looking for a long term change, its good to use if you want to look hot in a bikini for the summer without have a cream cheese booty if you know what i mean, but other than that, its not all worth it.

=============
JLoabs
JLoabs
Bahrain
2007/05/30, 04:10 AM
You need more than just diet and workout to get rid of it. yes it is genetic but LPG really is effective IF you also workout and eat right! i use it and my cellulite is invisible! after you finish you course (usually twice a week for about 3 months) you need to touch up once a month!!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/07/04, 09:07 AM
bump
sarika1415
sarika1415
United States
2007/08/11, 12:39 AM
What is LPG???
sarika1415
sarika1415
United States
2007/08/11, 12:40 AM
What is LPG???
sarika1415
sarika1415
United States
2007/08/11, 12:48 AM
Where can I find info regarding proper diet and exercise?

I am covered in cellulite and its really depressing. I am very thin, 5'6, 109 lb yet I have cellulite all over my thigs and butt. I dread Summer time just because I know how horrid my cellulite looks in a bikini.

Any help regarding proper diet, weight lifting exercises and anti-cellulite creams is really appreciated.
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/08/11, 01:15 PM
The weightlifting part is key. Follow one of the programs here and you'll be on your way. That said, some of us can't completely obliterate our cellulite, but definitely replacing fat with muscle goes a long way toward dimishing it. So, lots of squats and lunges and more squats and lunges are going to have the most impact.
sarika1415
sarika1415
United States
2007/08/11, 02:35 PM
Thanks for your advice! Where can I find the weightlifting programs? Also, what is LPG? Thanks again :)
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/08, 06:46 PM
Sarika, if you click on Fitness Plan at the top of the site, I think you'll find what you need there. LPG - don't know that one, sorry.

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there...
-----------------------------------
cellulitefree
cellulitefree
United States
2009/10/05, 04:16 PM
Exercises, WATER!!!! (no soft drinks, coffee, sugar, fast food, fried food) and massaging- the only formula that helps! and for massaging try something genuine-something thats herbal.much of those herbs need to b taken in daily life too thou :p here CELLUlean comes in handy avaible at i guess...www.active-cellulite-solution.tk (if m not wrong)
The success doesn't come overnight, you have to be persistant! But if you try hard enough you'll succeed! However, you have to truly follow what written and drink at least 8 glasses of water.