Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

AAFC Log for Atiger-Do not Try this way

ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2009/01/19, 07:07 PM
Well, i am in the fat loss category of the AAFC. I planned on a completely different way of training to reach my goal then I am doing. I sent my starting pts in on Sunday and had my week planned out. I came in Monday for my job and about 2pm my dept was ushered into a meeting. At 2:15 I (along with about 50 others) was jobless!! Part of this economy. I work in the auto finance industry and that field does not have a future at this time. We are a single income family so the future is hazy at best. I have about 2 months of money to stay afloat but the prospects look bleak in that time.
For the first couple of days I rarely ate but that has slowly come back around (although not as it was). My training has been very little but I will increase that. The gym membership will be one of the first things to go so I want to get in as much as I can before then. I have not updated my measurements but I have lost 5.5 lbs (whooo). I will still lose weight during this time but I may not be very strong in this challenge.
The Lord will lead my family thru this and I know He will take care of us but life as I knew it is gone. My spirits are up because I know that it is just a job. I could have gotten news of a death, illness or something worse then losing a job. My family has been great as we have gotten several options for help although I will have to be in a very bad state to lean on them much. Please keep me in your prayers and continue on the challenge.

It would be embarrassing if ya'll let a jobless redneck without a gym membership beat ya'll. I will update as much as I can.

Thanks to everyone on here that has heard from me for the past few years for letting me vent a little.

And again....THIS METHOD OF LOSING WEIGHT IS NOT RECOMMENDED. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!

God Bless!!!
2009/01/19, 11:01 PM
Good luck man - I will be praying for you and your family.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2009/01/20, 07:18 AM
I will pray for you as well redneck. Was very impressed to see complete sentences from you!

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2009/01/20, 07:41 AM
Add my prayers a well.

You have the opportunity to show it can be achieved without a gym membership and that health can be important when times are hard.

--------------
People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
Norman Vincent Peale

www.physicalfitnet.com/amy4training
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2009/01/20, 03:27 PM
Good luck Atiger, we will be here to vent for you all you want. :big_smile:

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2009/01/20, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the prayers. They will help

I was actually able to hit the gym today. I did the machines (I know) and sat in the sauna for about 10 min. That was a first for me since about 20 yrs ago. That was hot!!!

Did anyone notice that Mutt's cut on me about complete sentences was not even a complete sentence????
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2009/01/20, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I did notice that actually. I think perhaps we might need to school the Muttster a little on proper literacy. :big_smile:

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2009/01/22, 09:28 PM
I have made it to the gym for some cardio the last couple of days which is a positive

The lack of not getting any nibbles for a job is a big negative

At times, the day becomes long
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2009/01/23, 11:16 AM
I can relate to that atiger, I was in that same boat some time ago...just keep your head up, something will come your way.:)

Keep at exercising, whatever you can do, it will help keep your head on straight, trust me on this.

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2009/01/27, 09:37 PM
Need your stats sweetie

--------------
Bettia

-Stacey Chapman
ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2009/01/28, 09:59 AM
Sorry I will have them today