Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

discouraged

tryathlete
tryathlete
Canada
2008/09/08, 02:58 AM
I joined this site over a week ago, emailed a few women my age asking about their age and hormones. I have had no replies and it seems no one over 40 posts very often in this chat room. I am beginning to think this site is just for young people and my questions and weight issues are due to age.
Anyone else feel like I do?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/09/08, 05:15 AM
Some of the folks you have emailed may no longer be on this site. As with most internet communities, many people come and go regularly. Pay close attention to the last time they may have posted a message on the forum.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/09/08, 10:08 AM
Why don't you post in this form with your question? You could also post in the general forum.
tryathlete
tryathlete
Canada
2008/09/08, 11:16 AM
I actually emailed a few that were on line when I was. I have also emailed new members with encouragement as well. There have only been a couple that I looked up profiles that were around my same age.
I'm not trying to be negative but I'm just looking for a workout buddy my age and gender so I can encourage them and they can encourage me in our goals and struggles.
alasovski
alasovski
Canada
2008/09/16, 11:39 PM
I Just joined and well I could use some encourgement.
I know you have to keep at it, I just have the one weekness of wanting to eat. Sweets mainly. I am going to try to keep this up, change by diet, better and well I will see where this take me. I want to tone and loose the 40 lbs that is sure making life a little too depress:)ing.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2008/09/29, 07:39 PM
Ok, I am 47, and though I never really had one person in particular that was my workout buddy, I had many here on FT that were very inspirational. I read back posts and learned who had trucked the miles and had the experience and knowledge behind them and tried to learn from them. The search at the bottom of each page, fitbuddy, is very helpful and the reading can give you so many ways to implement changes into your life and give you inspiration. I have also learned that motivation is from within, if you can pull it up from yourself vs. wanting someone else to help pull it up, it works much better, though it is nice to share things between people you have things in common with, FT as a whole has so many ways to encourage one to find the motivation from within AND then if you find someone along the way with the same goals and interests, that is great! But, please, don't be discouraged, just find something that will make a difference to you and follow that! Good luck to you and we hope to see you again!

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill