Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Questions about eatting and exercise

Wiccanblaze
Wiccanblaze
Canada
2007/10/19, 07:58 AM
I am very new at exercising and losing weight in a healthy fashion so I have a couple questions. As it stands I am eatting less than 600cal a day(I know I should be eatting more but thats a works in progress)

I'm unsure if I should be eatting before I exercise or after?

Another thing im unclear about is the "reps" in my work out program. Does this mean that I should do one exercise in a row or ulternate them as I move down the list?

Hope I dont sound to uninformed, any help is appreciated!
Cortney Coralyne:love:

immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/10/19, 08:43 AM
You need to eat far mor than 600 calories per day, period, and even more than that if you're working out, you'll do more harm than good to yourself if you don't.

This site can give you a good ballpark figure. Check your nutrition plan, that will show you how much you're under-eating. There's really no choice, eating that little will only harm you.

--------------
This is SPARTA!!!
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/10/19, 09:03 AM
You should eat before and after your workout, too.

As for the reps, that's how many times you lift, push, pull or move the weight in a set. So, if it says "bicep curl, four sets of ten reps," you move the weight ten times in each set.

You can do all four sets of one movement and then move on to the next movement.

t

--------------
I see the words you are typing, but all I read is *click*click*click*

Fat loss isn?t under the control of the magic fat loss fairies. - Alwyn Cosgrove
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/10/19, 09:35 AM
You should be eating a min. of 1200cal per day. Since you've been eating so little, try increasing your intake slowly (say 200cal per day each week and add another 200 each day the next week and so on...) Make those extra calories healthy with a good mix of protein (chicken, eggs, lean meat, fish etc), healthy fats (nuts, lf cheese) and carbs(mostly fruit and veggies).

Eat 3 solid meals a day with 2 smaller snacks in between. In order to not upset your stomach, make your pre workout meal at least 1 hr before hand.

You gotta eat to boost your metabolism and build some muscle to gain a nice "toned" body. You'll need to feed the muscle or you are just spinning your wheels. Good Luck!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
--------------
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce
2007/10/19, 03:05 PM
Hi Wiccan. Eating less than 600 cal's a day sets off some red flags in my mind. Could you tell me why you're eating so little food. 600 cal's is the equivalent of one bagel and one 20 oz. coke from a vending machine. I really want to give you advice that will be useful for you, but I'm worried that you might have some food issues.

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
Wiccanblaze
Wiccanblaze
Canada
2007/10/22, 12:57 AM
I am doing much better lately with eatting, I have started eatting breakfast everyday scince I started up on this site.I already feel a little more energetic and happy :)

Tommrrow morning (monday) I will be officialy starting my workout plan.Thanks to you guys great advice I will be eatting an hour before hand, and an hour after.

And yes Wasakat, I have had some serious issues with food in the past. I am starting to see the harm that I have done to myself and am trying to change/reverse any damage before it makes me ill or worse.

Any other comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated, Wish me luck!
Cortney.

--------------
\"Your hand in mine... there is nothing we cannot accomplish\"