Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

women vs men

italand01
italand01
United States
2007/07/30, 07:25 PM
why is it that men seem to have such an easy time loosing all the weight women seem to have such trouble loosing. Like i think my boyfriend had thee tightest legs and butt i have ever seen why cant women have that luxury. How can women have that type of tight body.

--------------
THE BEAUTIFUL OLIVIA
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/07/31, 09:59 AM
Lifting heavy and eating right.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/07/31, 10:00 AM
Hormones. But, on the flip side, don't you suppose all the 50-60 year old men out there are saying "Why don't women get these big beer guts and lose their hair? Why don't their ears fill with hair and their eyebrows grow out of control? How can I get a flat stomach and full head of hair like my wife while keeping hair out of my ears, nose and off my eyelids?"
Don't worry about comparing yourself to men. We're much smarter and you have to take the good with the bad. ha ha. (Just a joke guys).
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/07/31, 10:01 AM
Good try Pemdas, but I like my answer better. ha ha.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2007/07/31, 10:19 AM
I agree with Amy on 2 points: different hormones (due to different genetics) and women are smarter.

Testosterone is a wonderful thing. I like mine. It creates a more anabolic environment suitable for muscle growth in the body. More muscle can cause your basal metabolic rate to increase and ultimately burn more calories at rest (which is why I've always encouraged women to lift weights!). Women also tend to release more cortisol. This is typically due to stress as well as other homonal changes/imbalances that can occur every 28 days or so. The genetic differences, other than the hormones, also lie in the location of fat strorage. Men typically store fat in the belly area whereas women store in the butt, hips, and/or thighs. The belly fat can be a much more unhealthy storage area due to the internal organs being so close. The fat tends to be more dense (called visceral fat) and can cause serious health problems. The 'jiggly' fat is subcutaneous (under the skin).

And yes, women are generally smarter when it comes to remembering learned information. Women and common sense, however.... hmmmmm....

:big_smile:

Best of luck to you, Olivia.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/07/31, 10:28 AM
Very true jbennett. On all points. Including the common sense one. I'm extremely smart, very well read, highly career driven and successful. But..... The other night my husband was at work. The lamp wouldn't turn on. I tried the lightswitch thing, I tried changing the lightbulb, I tried "shaking" the lamp, you know to knock the wiring back into working mode? Nothing worked. My husband came home and I told him that we needed to go shopping for a new lamp or he needed to re-wire the one that we had. He reached around behind the chair, held up the plug, plugged the lamp into the wall and VOILA!!! I just raised my hand and walked away and said "Not a word honey. Not a word!"
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2007/08/03, 09:01 PM
For the most part...men aren't scred to get under somthing "heavy" an dlift it. Women still think.."oh i'm gonna get too bulky" they stay witht he pink dbs....and become cardio bunnies....

--------------
\"The eight laws of learning are explanation, demonstration, imitation, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, and repetition\"

You have to learn to follow, before you can lead.
2007/08/03, 09:18 PM
Amy, my wife does stuff like that too. I never let her know i just plugged it in. She thinks I'm a cross between a wizard and a genious. Have your man contact me, I can help him.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/08/03, 09:42 PM
this stuff and opening jars is what keeps me in business...

============
Quoting from charlie826:

Amy, my wife does stuff like that too. I never let her know i just plugged it in. She thinks I'm a cross between a wizard and a genious. Have your man contact me, I can help him.

=============

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
2007/08/03, 10:35 PM
Also wrestler, marry avirgin, you can tell her you're hung and she'll never know the difference.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/08/04, 12:31 AM
LMAO!!!

--------------
Bettia

You Get What You Train For!
- Unknown
thepoohguy
thepoohguy
United States
2007/08/04, 10:21 AM
I disagree. Isn't how to drive learned information? Maybe part of driver's ed should be talking on the cell phone while putting on makeup.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

============
Quoting from jbennett:

And yes, women are generally smarter when it comes to remembering learned information.
=============
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/08/04, 12:21 PM
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/06, 11:32 AM
Thepoohguy, don't forget that one hand has to be occupied with a cup of Starbucks while talking on the cell phone and putting on make up. That makes things EXTRA tricky!
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/08/06, 01:34 PM

============
Quoting from amyksmith76:

Thepoohguy, don't forget that one hand has to be occupied with a cup of Starbucks while talking on the cell phone and putting on make up. That makes things EXTRA tricky!
=============

While driving manual.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/08/06, 04:02 PM
Silly Pemdas... women can't drive manual...
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/06, 04:17 PM
Hey now, I'm a very good driver! Although, I had a fun experience this morning. I re-created that Sienfeld episode where Cramer and the car sales guy tried to see how far they could drive on a tank of gas? I went to the gas station, realized that I forgot my debit card at home. CRAP! So, I had to drive like 15 miles to the next gas station that takes checks, because NO ONE takes checks these days. At that point my gague was below the E, the little gas pump was blinking and dinging and flashing, and my DTE (distance to empty) gauge said that I had 4 miles left before empty. So, I called my husband to tell him what was happening, but then had to hang up quickly so that I could concentrate on what was happening. I switched my eyes back and forth from the road to the DTE gague, to the gas guage to the DTE gague, etc. I put my hands at 10 and 2 and sat up real straight, I guess I thought that would make the gas las longer. I put the car into neutral to coast when possible, again, don't know if it helped. My DTE hit 0 miles when I still had 12 miles left to drive. So, I pushed forward to see how far I would make it. I made it all the way! WOO HOO!
Unfortunately the only lesson that I learned is that my DTE gague isn't completely accurate. I'm sure that the next time I'm running low I'll remember that. Kind of like when you set your clock in your bedroom forward a few minutes. When the alarm goes off, in your mind you realize that you REALLY have an extra 10 minutes to sleep because the time is wrong. Well, I wonder if my DTE gague gets to 1 mile left, will I realize in my mind that I've got at least 13 to go? Hmmmmm.
Sorry for the long story. Thought the women would get a kick out of it. The men are probably yelling at their computers "See! That's what we are talking about! Do you know what it does to your engine to run your gas that low!?"
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/08/06, 04:23 PM
I ONLY drive manual.
2007/08/06, 04:56 PM
Too long to read Amy...can you shorten it?

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/07, 11:19 AM
Charlie, I almost ran out of gas in my car. Drove anyway. Made it to gas station. WOO HOO. That's another thing about women. They are much longer winded than men!
2007/08/07, 12:03 PM
I'm hold up in my mother in law's house while we add a room on. Her health is poor and we're moving in so my wife doesn't have to travel so many places from the boat 200 miles from here. I am the sole male among my wife, mother in law, sister in law, another sister in law, 2 nieces...well, you get the picture. Yesterday I was cramming leftover 4th of July fireworks into my headphones...they caught me and made me stop. Will it ever be quiet again?

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/07, 02:20 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! I'm in a house of men! I've got testosterone dripping down the walls in my house! I've started polishing my dogs toenails just to have a "girlfriend!" ha ha.
2007/08/07, 02:29 PM
I do have the MSHG but when they surround me while I'm in the fetal position, it only reduces the noise to the level of cicadas. I'm undergoing high intensity training.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/08/07, 02:46 PM
lmao. Poor charlie.
ReptilianFeline
ReptilianFeline
Sweden
2007/09/08, 06:55 PM
Women tend to listen to info given to them by good looking male trainers, without questioning the info.

Do you know why male trainers and instructors tell the women to do lots of reps with low weights?.........
........ They like to see them bend over and show their cleavage as many times as possible!:laugh:
So... the men are the fault here!:surprised:

--------------
-----------------------------------
Getting there...
-----------------------------------
2007/09/08, 07:05 PM

Do you know why male trainers and instructors tell the women to do lots of reps with low weights?.........
........ They like to see them bend over and show their cleavage as many times as possible!:laugh:

=============
Unless we're standing behind you....guess what we're doing then?

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2007/09/08, 11:32 PM
Charlie, one can only imagine what you could be doing...:big_smile:

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"