Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

A motivational read

flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/07/12, 11:01 AM
Here is an excellent post from stumpuous.com and please wander through the rest of her site, it is one of the best for women and weight training!

A great quote from the article:

"You see, progress is not exactly a linear onward-and-upward thing. It's more like a thousand little tiny stops and starts. Even for the so-called experts, life intervenes with multiple pressures to fail. It doesn't get any easier. You just get better at managing it, problem solving, and coming up with creative strategies to combat it. You get better at saying no to things that rob your of your energy and better at saying yes to the things that are truly valuable and essential. There is no better time. There is no better life stage. All you have is now; all you have is you. These things that seem to impede you - you don't wait till they're done then start your life. They are your life. "

http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=160

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
--------------
The harder you fall, the higher you bounce
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/07/13, 12:59 AM
Nice read, thanks Fly. :)

--------------
Bettia

You Get What You Train For!
- Unknown
Mel4Short
Mel4Short
United States
2007/07/13, 09:39 PM
Very nice read. Thanks
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/07/14, 08:54 AM
Nice post - You have to start living your life immmediately. I can remember always saying 'When I lose weight I am going to do ...." and always cheating myself out of great experiences because I was self-conscious or uncomfortable about my weight. Once you get past that and begin enjoying life and partaking in activities,you become happier and a nice side effect of being happier is weight loss:)

SO MANY people are waiting for the perfect set of circumstances to begin a weight loss or workout program, they keep putting it off until.. the moon lines up with venus or the tide is high and the humidity is low...or they need to lose 10 pounds before joining the gym to workout (one of my favorites)...etc. You have to realize that these are self-erected barriers, a form of self-sabotage, usually due to fear of the unknown or fear of change, or fear of failure.

A body in motion stays in motion - it is getting the motion going that is the hardest part! And there is no better time than the present!:)

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle