Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Routine advice

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/30, 08:45 AM
Thats what I think too...it is SO overwhelming at first...when it all comes together and starts making sense though..thats a good feeling.Do what makes you feel comfortable...when you reevaluate,I'm sure you'll have more specific questions...and will get the specific answers your looking for.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/10/30, 08:49 AM
I think that there are a few things beginners can do that are bad, the rest is all good. The bad ones are; eat to few calories, learn bad form, use to much weight, try to do too much(cardio/weight training).

--------------
When I consider the short duration of my life, swallowed up in the eternity before and after, the little space which I fill and even can see, engulfed in the infinite immensity of spaces of which I am ignorant and which know me not, I am frightened and am astonished at being here rather than there; for there is no reason why here rather than there, why now rather than then. Who has put me here? By whose order and direction have this place and time been allotted to me? The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me.
Blaise Pascal

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/10/30, 10:44 AM
Well then you are at the right place to learn. There are lots of threads in here that will help you to learn to write your own programs.

Try and find "the hurried mans guide to exercise" and a few of the "muscle building myths" threads. This will be an excellent base.

From there ask questions, specific questions. Asking someone to evaluate a workout is long and tedious to do it properly. Its also very general. I think this will help you to clear up some of that confusion.

--------------
Iron and chalk.
tapr
tapr
Canada
2007/01/14, 09:56 PM
Hi this is my first post, sorry to change the subject here. I workout at my home with only free weights, however i cannot reach my target weight for squats, simply because i cannot lift the weight over my head onto my shoulders and front raises are difficult with this much wait. Plus I workout alone (no spotter), so I just wondered if you guys had any tips for me like substituting in a different exercise, etc.. I like to do squats i benefit from them a lot. Anyway any advice will help, thanx guys and girls.
2007/01/14, 10:20 PM
You can try Hack Squats

--------------
Courage is resistance to fear; mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain

2007/01/14, 10:41 PM
front raises? lol....you generally would want to do a powerclean and then a front squat if anything ...without a squat rack that is

Try doing deadlift variations with the bar both in front and behind you...as well as in between your legs(straddle)....lunges, step ups, perhap zercher squats off some blocks....I would def consider getting an inexpensive power rack...you can find some for udner 200$
titanic133
titanic133
India
2008/07/03, 12:47 AM
hi i am 19 yrs old guy like to know the daily routine of exercise.i follow the routine as
monday-chest
tuesday-shoulder
wed-tricep&bicep
thursday-chest& abs
friday-shoulder
sat-tricep & bicep.
i almost gave my 1-2 hour to my workout at eve,
any one help me to routine up my daily routine.
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages