Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16611

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Supplements

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/10/11, 04:51 PM
Yeah I did post that wrong. Cheese and meat have low carbs I did mean to say most foods. But in this thread you have changed your story a few times and I cant type good enough to hit every area. You are wrong as far as your origanal post is concerned. You are just relaying a message like you said but you are not educated in this area obviously.

--------------
Well I love her
But I love to fish
I spend all day out on this lake
And hell is all I catch
But today she met me at the door
Said I would have to choose
If I hit that fishin hole today
She\\\\'d be packin all her things
And she\\\\'d be gone by noon
Well I\\\\'m gonna miss her
When I get home (Brad Paisly)

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/10/11, 04:56 PM
Yes I did type the carb to protein ratio post wrong. I do dissagree that sups are a waste.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/11, 05:11 PM
do you respectfully disagree????because thats all that matters....:)
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/10/11, 05:11 PM
Actually I will say I was wrong all together on the post about all foods having more carbs. It was a false un researched post on my be-half. I can admit when I'm wrong.

--------------
Well I love her
But I love to fish
And hell is all I catch

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/10/11, 05:12 PM
KC,:):)
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/11, 05:14 PM
well hoooray!!!!You are all growning up so fast....:big_smile:

fouts
fouts
United States
2006/10/11, 05:28 PM
Well that was a mistake Mutt I apologize. I just think that people should concentrate more on the foods they consume than the supps. Think what you want Jeramie but I have yet to meet a person who claims his gains came from a supplement unless it was steroids. Yes that is my opinion and no one has to agree. But if a supplement gets the weights in your hands or even just your butt off of the couch then by all means go for it! I just hope that your health doesn't suffer due to something from the supplement. Remember God did not create supplements man did and, well, even I have shown that man can be wrong. Sometimes very wrong. And I'm not trying to go up against bb1fit I have actually learned a few things from him. We all learn through failure just as much as success. Sorry if I upset anyone or disrupted the positive atmosphere that was never my intention. I type things wrong too sometimes. It seems the info changes alot on nutrition and exercise. Some things that were once thought of as great are now thought of as bad for you and vice versa.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/11, 05:33 PM
THAT fouts...is a VERY true statement.....
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/10/11, 05:53 PM
Yes the information always changes partly cause even the pro's are still learning. Their is a lot of stuff that is still undiscovered. About the sups. I don't use any my self, I had creatine but stopped using it. But some do work (Whey Protein, Creatine) Most are hype I do agree with That. But if used correctly sups do help out. This site even recommended for me to use 'em. Now I just use a multi and E. Vitamin E that is. I stopped E when I was a TEEN lol. Well we all are on the same page now so lets talk lifting.

--------------
Well I love her
But I love to fish
And hell is all I catch

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/11, 05:58 PM
...my straight leg dead lift is up from 25 lbs 4 sets of 6 reps...to 4 sets 15 reps 45 lbs...in about 2 months...and when I get some bigger weights...I'll do more...top that!!!
:big_smile:
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/10/11, 06:00 PM
I can't.LOLOLOLOL. Look at me I'm a skinny guy

--------------
Well I love her
But I love to fish
And hell is all I catch

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/10/12, 11:59 AM
Easy folks....bottom line, train hard, eat well, and rest well. You will gain. Throw numbers out the window.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2006/10/12, 04:28 PM
Busy thread...I'll read the rest later but I ran across this part "Most people don't realize that carbs are a lot more important than protein. " and had to reply.

Humans weren't actually designed to eat carbs...grains weren't introduced into our diet until quite recently (compared to the # of years humans have been on the planet). So to say that carbs are more important is pretty silly.

Just had to make that observation.
fouts
fouts
United States
2006/10/12, 04:44 PM
Umm ok. There are carbs in almost everything you consume. What about veggies and fruit? We weren't designed to eat those? You might want to read the rest of the posts. The point about carbs there was that you have to get a good serving after a workout otherwise you won't get the full use of all of that protein you consume. Granted I went a little overboard on that post however.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/12, 05:24 PM
oh brother...here we go again...thats just like you stump...come from no where and start up some trouble:big_smile:
fouts
fouts
United States
2006/10/12, 05:32 PM
I know I should have let that one go. Sorry. I'm really done with this thread now.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/12, 05:39 PM
we all do it fouts...I've left the mens forums so many times...it's a joke now.I'm not sure where or how the original message of this post got lost....
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/13, 12:32 PM
Ummm, so, to step back a few paragraphs..bb1fit - are you recanting the pwo dextrose/maltodextrin/whey and switching to milk instead? I am just curious since you do more research than anyone I know of. If you think it is tops, I will follow. Especially since I just dug up the malto/dextrose info for jmknipple - would she be better off with milk and a whey/casein blend?

--------------

I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.
-Henry David Thoreau
2006/10/13, 01:16 PM
I asked BB1fit about my PWOS (Whey Protein, Milk, Natural PB) which is my last meal since I work out late and this is what he said ......

"If this is your last meal, I would not change it. You have fast protein(whey), slow(casein), and fats to slow things further. Not a bad pre bed meal."

"You could alternately have a quick shake with dextrose, then an hour later have a pre bed meal of cottage cheese, a couple eggs, milk and pb type."

--------------
Life is a lesson. You will learn it when you are gone.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/10/13, 02:28 PM
Yep, milk. Does a body good. :) 2 cups has 22 gr. or so of carbs, fast acting, all sugars basically. Milk is approximately 20% whey and 80% casein. Add a good fast acting whey protein to it, best of both worlds.

Common sense prevails as much as anything with me. I started doing this long before there was such a thing as whey. Milk and egg protein was the seller, the only game in town. After a workout, we went home and ate(most all hardcore gym members). Beef, pasta, and yes, milk and egg protein that oh yeah, tasted like shit!

But guess what, everyone gained. And probably made the best gains of our lives. Once the 'science' came out about the dextrose, etc., this all changed with the addition of whey protein. Been doing that since about 98, guess what, if it was so anabolic and the gains were so phenominal, why haven't they manifested themselves in a bunch of huge guys in the gym by now? Believe me, tons of top physiques were built years before there was such a thing as whey protein. Food....best there is.

============
Quoting from asimmer:

Ummm, so, to step back a few paragraphs..bb1fit - are you recanting the pwo dextrose/maltodextrin/whey and switching to milk instead? I am just curious since you do more research than anyone I know of. If you think it is tops, I will follow. Especially since I just dug up the malto/dextrose info for jmknipple - would she be better off with milk and a whey/casein blend?

=============

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/10/13, 06:40 PM
Ok, so now I'm a tad confused!
I have been keeping my PWO as a separate of then meal to follow and in most cases are just 15 minutes apart and there fore making it a larger intake for the time frame in between.

From what I jusyt read it's telling me that I should combine the PWO and meal and make as a meal and not seperate.

So instaed of 5 meals and a PWO do it as 5 meals with the PWO as a part of a meal!

I eat a meal, wait about an hour and then start off in the gym, by time I'm done and showered it's time for a meal again or real close to it, so therefor I should combine the PWO and meal and make it as 1 instead of seperates!

Example, 1 Scoop of Whey in Milk along with Tuna Sandwich and a Banana or Tuna, Brown Rice and Beans with 1 Bread and Peanut Butter! Some times I replace the Tuna with Salmon!

============
Quoting from bb1fit:

Yep, milk. Does a body good. :) 2 cups has 22 gr. or so of carbs, fast acting, all sugars basically. Milk is approximately 20% whey and 80% casein. Add a good fast acting whey protein to it, best of both worlds.

Common sense prevails as much as anything with me. I started doing this long before there was such a thing as whey. Milk and egg protein was the seller, the only game in town. After a workout, we went home and ate(most all hardcore gym members). Beef, pasta, and yes, milk and egg protein that oh yeah, tasted like shit!

But guess what, everyone gained. And probably made the best gains of our lives. Once the 'science' came out about the dextrose, etc., this all changed with the addition of whey protein. Been doing that since about 98, guess what, if it was so anabolic and the gains were so phenominal, why haven't they manifested themselves in a bunch of huge guys in the gym by now? Believe me, tons of top physiques were built years before there was such a thing as whey protein. Food....best there is.

=============
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/10/13, 07:12 PM
:angry: Where a delete button foe these stupid ?'s I make when my head isn't working quite so right LOL.

The question should have been, should I take Whey in water since I eat a meal with it to keep the calories down or should I subtract from the meal to aply Milk to the PWO!

All I firgued for myself was that I get Whey in to get the fast release and then eat a meal and it's just about always fish for me and my 3rd meal of the day around 1:30 PM.
homegym1
homegym1
United States
2006/12/30, 09:08 PM
hey fouts do what you do but add the old supplements and see what can happen i.e. only take supplements when you have your shit together
climber11
climber11
Canada
2009/12/16, 01:08 AM
Is the Protine Powder (and milk) best absorbed as a shake or will it be as quickly utulised in a power protine bar. (home made) Bars are easyer to transport!

--------------
Strength,Focus and Flow
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages