Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

The elders

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/10, 10:25 AM
I have noticed a trend of all the pro's and others with seniority basically bashing others with less knowledge in the field. News flash, we have lives that involve other things than training. I suggest you all get one too. If you take offense to this I am talking to you. Give us novice a break meat heads!!

--------------

http://www.myspace.com/jeramiemaza
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/10, 10:42 AM
Well then make sense when you post! Do ask if taking TEST replacement therapy, M1T, AD or other crap when you are 15! Don;t post "how do i get my abs" then when we reply for the 1000000000000000 time, abs are made in the kitchen you come back with ok then post so if I do 1000 sit ups will that work. Use words! LIKE WOULD not wud. anyone not ne1. SOrry to come off like a crakny elder ( and by the way charlie is the old fart not me). Take some time READ the posts on here then ask if needed.

Oh yeah might want to actually be here longer than 12 post before you jump down my throat!

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/10, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I see your point. None of us have lives, we just live in the gym. We don't work, wew have no careers, we have no family, we just sit around and wait to pounce on unsuspecting folks that come on the board.

============
Quoting from jeramiemaza:

I have noticed a trend of all the pro's and others with seniority basically bashing others with less knowledge in the field. News flash, we have lives that involve other things than training. I suggest you all get one too. If you take offense to this I am talking to you. Give us novice a break meat heads!!

=============

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2006/08/10, 11:02 AM
Why are you on a fitness site of you dont want to listen to the "elders". You may not like what they say but there is a reason they are in the shape they are in.

I have yet to see any "bashing". This is one of the most open and friendly sites I have ever seen. There are areas which state to do a search BEFORE you post. If you dont follow the rules then expect to have your butt chewed.

--------------
My Catahoula did it.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 11:49 AM
man...I want your job bb1!!!

And Mutt...why are you picking on charlie when he just bailed your butt out from wresteler taking your lunch money.And ....I think he was referring to you with the "meat head" statement...just a guess..but don't feel sad...
you are one of my favorite meat heads!!!:love:

... georgia girl....I second that notion!!

jeramie...what's that old saying...if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen???Some of these people are on fire so mooooove back!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/10, 11:50 AM
I did not want to call him out on the meat head thing....trying to play nice.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 12:20 PM
Oh...I would bet your report card was loaded with "doesn't play well with others" when you were in grade school!!

Some people should just consider if they ask a stupid question they should expect a stupid answer.

I've had my own butt chewed on a couple of occasions and it has taught me research my questions a little more before posting.

All lessons must be taught before they are learned.
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/10, 12:50 PM
Point well taken. I do like this site but have noticed in more than one thread, people coming back with Sarcastic responses towards novice questions. Your responses excite me to the point were I'm going to hit the weights once again today.

To clarify one thing, I do most of my research first.

--------------
Join The Movement V.A.S.K. (Vision, Ambition, Strength, Knowledge)

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/10, 12:53 PM
I just signed up. I will have more post as time goes. I can be very out spoken.
"CRAKNY" LMAOL
============
Quoting from 7707mutt:

Well then make sense when you post! Do ask if taking TEST replacement therapy, M1T, AD or other crap when you are 15! Don;t post "how do i get my abs" then when we reply for the 1000000000000000 time, abs are made in the kitchen you come back with ok then post so if I do 1000 sit ups will that work. Use words! LIKE WOULD not wud. anyone not ne1. SOrry to come off like a crakny elder ( and by the way charlie is the old fart not me). Take some time READ the posts on here then ask if needed.

Oh yeah might want to actually be here longer than 12 post before you jump down my throat!

=============
2006/08/10, 01:12 PM
Jeramae, read the forum for a while and you'll see the reason for the sarcastic responses. Not only the same unresearched questions pop up repeatedly but most of the time if the newby bothered to read the post right above or below he'd see the same question asked and answered. There are red stickies all over the board that you'll notice newbies never bother to read. The stickies answer 90% of new questions.

I've mostly stopped responding to questions because I grow weary of the lack of manners and thoughtlessness of many newer and particularly younger posters. A simple thank you when somebody bothers to take the time to answer a question goes a long way.

I'm happy to see by your last post that you're gonna be a valued productive member of the community. Most new folks don't realize that our moderators are unpaid fitness encyclopedias who do what they do because they love the lifestyle and more importantly they love helping others.

You should also understand that "Pro" members don't necessarily know jack. They are people who have paid for extra benefits but more importantly to support this great sight. Hang around and you'll learn who to listen to.

Welcome to FT.

--------------
Sometimes life is like herding cats.

Charlie
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 01:17 PM
Alright jeremie...I think I get it...you're sticking up for the under dog???You'll see...if you hang around on this site long enough the SAME ridiculous questions get asked OVER and OVER.So it makes mutt a little nutty,to say the least.There are many on here like flyonthewall,bb1fit and MannyMaster(to name just a few)that have alot of patience and answer the same questions over and over with no sarcasm whatsoever.But some get very irritated by it...that's all.You and mutt should easily be on the same team...he's always sticking up for the under dog.
(He even likes the Raiders)

By the way....whats a "crakny"?????????:big_smile:
2006/08/10, 01:24 PM
Mutt was nutty long before FT. In addition to KC's response many have answered questions for years before burning out.

Undoubtedly the most unsung hero of the board IMHO is Tim Day. The man appears to be made of patience, blessed with a good sense of humor and about as knowlegable as they come. All moderators fall in that category as well.

--------------

Charlie
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/10, 01:27 PM
"SOrry to come off like a crakny elder" A direct copy from mutt's responce. Any how I do understand what is being said. I noticed a lot of the same questions I just say, ignore them and move on. I personally think if you cant take a min. to do the research you most likely wont try hard enough in the gym for results.

--------------
Join The Movement V.A.S.K. (Vision, Ambition, Strength, Knowledge)

2006/08/10, 01:38 PM
Answer questions for a few years after you learn whats up. Most elders just burn out.

--------------

Charlie
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 01:40 PM
Yes I agree with Charlie and the buffalo...here here to Tim Day....and I have to throw in carivan...it must be a blessed thing to have such a virtue as patience.

I was reading a book(kids all in the house today quieter in my room)but these threads are cracking me up today....between the yoga remarks and the craknys...my sides are splitting.

hmmm....now I'm worried I think I'M the one that needs a life...not the meat heads!!!
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/10, 02:22 PM
I think Charlie had a point, say freaking thanks once in a while. The ones that do get more from me I am sorry to say. I refuse to post a answer on abs diet and anyone that use wud /ne1 in a sentence.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

2006/08/10, 02:37 PM
KC and all, please note I included moderators in my rant. I said unsung because Tim doesn't get to go in the moderators forum for support and he has been the most consistant non mod in my experience here.

--------------

Charlie
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 02:41 PM
See you learn something new everyday....I thought Tim Day WAS a mod!

Take a deep breath Mutt..all is OK!!!

On behalf of all of us "newbies".....

a very sincere THANK YOU to ALL of the mods...recognized...or not.
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/10, 02:47 PM
It is all good and I agree Tim is a very great asset here. As are a lot of the regualr members. I know I rely on a lot of them to answer a lot of posts that I just do not have time to get ot any more these days!

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/08/10, 03:22 PM
Thanks, guys... :) Still lots to learn, though... one can never read enough about this fitness thing...

--------------
I am training for birthdays.

Be here. Live. Love. Hope. Now. Faith. Believe. You. - Keith Urban

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/08/10, 03:23 PM

But how will one ever get abs then? hehe

============
Quoting from KC_72:

what's that old saying...if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen???
=============

--------------

2006/08/10, 03:27 PM
You'll never get abs unless you ditch that ridiculous sombrero. :big_smile:

--------------

Charlie
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/08/10, 03:29 PM
Another dude here with knowledge out the wazoo is Wrestler. He's made me re-examine how I do my workouts... you want a walking encyclopedia, he's your man...

A few minutes (or hours) of research on this site or the other ten bajillion that are out there can save a lot of hassle.. I know it's easier to post and hope for a question to be answered, but when we've seen yet another six pack question on the boards, it gets a little frustrating...

The mods are great and those that aren't mods are great too... a lot of good people have left the site for one reason or another, sometimes due to the endless ab questions...

There's a lot going on in the world these days and I wonder if a well defined six pack would correct it all.

--------------

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/08/10, 03:30 PM
ha! Keep meaning to change that!

============
Quoting from charlie826:

You'll never get abs unless you ditch that ridiculous sombrero. :big_smile:

=============

--------------

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 03:35 PM
Now THAT is a theory to ponder...

If we all had six pack abs????
Would all be right in the world???????

As much as that question get's asked...I'm thinking...maybe?
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/08/10, 03:38 PM
hahahahaha... maybe if we spent more time dealing with getting a six pack the correct way, we wouldn't be watching wars on CTV Newsnet or CNN? haha

--------------

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/10, 04:54 PM
Boy, this thread has exploded....bottom line, some days are better than others. We all have bad days, for the most part I try to be as civil as possible, answer questions as thoroughly as possible in a post, but we all have days where it is like, oh no, not that again!

--------------
2006/08/10, 05:07 PM
MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS

--------------

Charlie
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/10, 05:13 PM
One of my favorite movies...still moves me when he comes in after the fight and they know who he is now, and they are all standing around chanting......

============
Quoting from charlie826:

MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS MAXIMUS

=============

--------------
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 05:13 PM
I'm hearing the chants from the movie now....

MAXIMUS MAXIMUS

I was just considering that all the people mentioned in this thread to have the utmost patience were Canadian...but I just double checked and our very own....

MAXIMUS MAXIMUS

Is home grown

Thanks bb1!!!!:)
2006/08/10, 05:16 PM
KC I love it when somebody gets my point. Sometimes in my elder state I wonder if I come off as just babbling. BB1 is personally responsible for 90% of my inspiration. You know he's much older than me.:big_smile:

--------------

Charlie
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/10, 05:21 PM
Hey now....tread lightly there!! :)

============
Quoting from charlie826:

KC I love it when somebody gets my point. Sometimes in my elder state I wonder if I come off as just babbling. BB1 is personally responsible for 90% of my inspiration. You know he's much older than me.:big_smile:

=============

--------------
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 05:27 PM
Oh charlie you don't have to be in an "elder state" to wonder if people are getting your point....I just got messages from Tim because he thought I was offended in another thread...and I was only joking:(so now I feel like a crap head.

Any how I hear that chanting in my head whenever I see a post from bb1(his signiature)so I knew it right off.You wanna hear something real funny...bb1 said I made a "good post"(something about nuts,not important really) the other day and I got all giddy...had to call my husband and tell him.

I'm such a girl!!!!:big_smile:
2006/08/10, 05:40 PM
Tell me which thread...I haven't insulted Tim in a while. I'm always happy to help newbys with insults as you know.

--------------

Charlie
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 05:47 PM
10 sets of 10 in the intermediate and advanced bb forum.

maybe you can tell me why he thought I was offended...I missed it...thought I was being funny then I got an apology from Tim...I really felt bad he's so sweet.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/08/10, 06:18 PM
hey.. found it... 'sweet,' eh? My kids don't think so....
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 06:22 PM
ooops...sometimes I forget these conversations aren't to private....well we still gottya anyway!!:big_smile:

I'm sure your kids think you're a doll...they just don't want you to know is all!!:big_smile:

Because it's a secret!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/10, 06:33 PM
Interesting, I just made a post in that thread for the first time.....for some reason never bothered to read it before.

============
Quoting from KC_72:

10 sets of 10 in the intermediate and advanced bb forum.

=============

--------------
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/10, 07:19 PM
Yeah I saw that...I knew the answer all along was just do it...but couldn't keep myself from asking...WHY?

Bad habbits die hard I suppose.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/10, 08:28 PM
Yeah, somehow folks want to make a thesis out of their workout, like if it is not somehow so complicated, they need a professor to decipher it, it won't work. :)

============
Quoting from KC_72:

Yeah I saw that...I knew the answer all along was just do it...but couldn't keep myself from asking...WHY?

Bad habbits die hard I suppose.
=============

--------------
2006/08/11, 07:23 AM
Uh how do i get 20 inch biceps in 1 week? also will deca be enough to get buff if I plan to watch tv programs with people working out while I am sitting on my couch? what if take test too...will that tone my manboobs?

but seriously....many people take 0 time to think through their questions...give us any type of information to help them....ask the same questions....

Go to most other boards and see how people react when u dont read the 'stickies'....ask some trivial or down right retarded question and get flamed then banned....here we answer them, take time to find another post, or tell u how to find them....sarcasm is really only a very minute number of responses....suitable for the very worst posts...

Also funny to me how the same 1-10 post people b&tch and moan and complain then leave to never be heard from again....while the people they call out are here almost daily trying to help people.....
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/11, 07:51 AM
You all are right. I feel stupid for even Putting up this thread. On the other hand it is like I created the new hang out spot. Thanks all, Oh, my B-day was yesterday. I turned 26 and officially gained 30 pounds. It took 3 years but I did it. Still not ripped or big, 170lbs at 6". I am so happy but I can't stop until I get to 200lbs. I just want to turn heads, ya know.

I'm thinking of Paying for my sub. Is it worth it?

--------------
I\'m a rough carpenter, nobody can kick my a$$

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/11, 08:14 AM
To add to my previous statement, the 30lbs I gained. It was a progresive gain obviously. I was never good at eating right, that is what I am really here for. I want to gain 30 more pounds but in half the time. One year and a half. I figure with the motivation from you guys and the charts and everything else the site provides I should have no problem.

--------------
I am a rough carpenter, nobody can kick my a$$

2006/08/11, 08:28 AM
Jeramie congrats and belated happy BD...

also good job on the 30lb in 3 years....it took me 8 years to go from 140lb@15-20bf at 5'10 at 16 to 220 @8-9%bf at 5'11/6'0 at 24........it takes patience.....also try to continously learn everythin you can about fitness/nutrition....dont underestimate anything or anyone...train right, eat well, and sleep/rest are all you need...over the years the small gains can become huge gains....and my genetics are far from great...
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/11, 08:47 AM
This site has opened my eyes toward nutrition. I am learning how to eat right which is hard for a junk food junkie like me.

--------------
I am a rough carpenter, nobody can kick my a$$

yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2006/08/11, 08:54 AM
Congrats on the birthday and the weight gain.. very impressive!

--------------

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/11, 11:15 AM
Yep, a belated happy birthday to you...and a hearty congratulations on the weight gain.

--------------
jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/11, 12:00 PM
Thanks, The weight gain to me is huge. I thought I was going to be 140lbs forever. I was so scrawny, now I'm actually getting a little stocky

--------------
I am a rough carpenter, nobody can kick my a$$ (me)