Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

looking for other freemasons

clt
clt
United States
2004/04/15, 01:19 PM
i am a blue lodge master mason, are there any others out there, if so why are people so down on us and say we are of the devil?
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/04/15, 02:00 PM
I thought you were a corpsman in the Navy?

--------------
My gym dues are not paid with money.
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/04/15, 02:33 PM
What is a Blue Lodge Master Mason??
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/04/15, 02:53 PM
i also have no idea what a blue lodge master mason is. is it just a rank in the freemasons?

--------------
todays post was bought to you by the letter A, and the fact that painball hurts.
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/15, 04:45 PM
I believe so prit. I myself am not of the masonic order but my grandfather is. I know it is a very old and in the past controversal brotherhood. It intrege's me in it's historical aspects one thing being that many influentual and powerfull people were members of it. I've been thinking of asking my grandfather more about what it is that they do and possible how you join/initiate? not sure on that one. I know one thing that now the organization is not like it was in past days when it was known as a cubal, they do alot of charity work to help children and the such and as far as I can see is in no way evil atleast now as it once was believed, that only comes from the ignorance of uneducated mind's (no offence intended by that). Just my 2 cents.

--------------
A determined mind is the best weapon in any situation, a strong body is the road to victory. G.R.C.
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/15, 04:46 PM
Oh, and on a second note, the masons have been dated back to the age before christ, just to give you all a heads up on how old this orginization is.

--------------
A determined mind is the best weapon in any situation, a strong body is the road to victory. G.R.C.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/15, 04:53 PM
Well the Masons did not go back to before christ....they came out of a few different sources, one is from the time of king solomon, and one is from a group called, Knights Templar. They were a group that led many crusades and eventually took Jersulam (spelling) away from the arabs that had conquered it. The masons actually came after the Knights Templar were destroyed in the 1400 ( I think it has been a while since Ir ead up on this). Their main man was tortured by the king of france and Burned at the stake...mainly cause the Kinghts help vast amounts of Eroupes money as they were bankers...the King of france wante dmoney to fight england and they refused so he killed off those he could find most escaped to scotland with many treasure 9one of which is susposed to be the Holy Grail). There they became the masons. A Mason is not susposed to talk about it and it is hard to get into the order. ther is more on this but that is all I can type r:big_smile:ight now.

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2004/04/15, 04:55 PM
I still don't know what a Mason is or does. I guess I'm not supposed to know..however it seems interesting. :)
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/15, 07:36 PM
Thankyou for the info mutt, I stand corrected:).

--------------
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/04/15, 08:09 PM
I belong to Mt. Moriah (the name of my lodge). Mutt you are right on with your info. Freemasons is a brotherhood of men of all denominations, doesn't matter about race, or religion. Do charitable work and don't brag about it. As we go up the ladder sort of speak, we eventually become a shriner. Also related to Eastern Stars, a womens organization. There are alot of myths and mysteries related to the freemasons.

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
clt
clt
United States
2004/04/16, 08:06 AM
as to your question about how to join, you just ask one to be one. i am a new mason, my grandfather is a mason and i asked him on how to become part of the brotherhood. i enjoy it greatly. and as i say to you we are not suposed to talk of it i was just woundering on who eles was out there. carivan, how long have you been a mason? one thing i do not understand is why so many people talk bad about us?
they say we worship lucifer.
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/04/16, 08:35 AM
is it true that prince charles and bill clinton and people like that are all free masons. and i'm guessing its not like that episode of the simpsons with the stone masons!?

--------------
todays post was bought to you by the letter A, and the fact that painball hurts.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/16, 08:55 AM
Ok, the Mason are a religoius order and stem from other religious oreders. The main one is again the Knights Templar. The reason why so many say bad things comes from the time when the Knights ruled the holy city. There they took some things ideas mainly from the arabic peoples. One reason the Kign of France used to get them in trouble with the Pope were charges of witchcraft, black magic etc. I do not believe that these charges were true for the order as a whole...but the stigma stuck even after thousand years or more. Another problem is that it is by nature a closed secert society and that breeds rumors....history lesson is done for now!:big_smile:

--------------

clt
clt
United States
2004/04/16, 10:21 AM
mutt you are so wrong, we do not breed rumors only live the TRUTH! so as far as us breed rumors well its not us. its all the non masonic brothers, or people who do not know why we are like we are. you say we are doing wrong when it is you(everyone). we are not a secret society, we are a society with secrets that you will probaly never know.
rsquade
rsquade
United States
2004/04/16, 10:41 AM
Hmmm - some well intentioned misinformation here in the previous posts.

1. Freemasonry is NOT a religion, though its members attest to a belief in a supreme being. Discussion of religion is prohibited in lodges. Members are welcomed from any religious background.

2. Modern Freemasonry can only technically claim history to English and Scottish lodges of speculative masons who were formed into the Grand Lodge of England in 1719. There are suggestions of origins through lodges of practical masons associated with the building of the great cathedrals of Europe and associations with the Knights Templar and a story about pre-Christ temple building, but the value of these associations is in the tradition, color and allegory, not literal historical truth.

3. Freemasons are an association of men whose purpose is the improvement of the members of the group through moral and social means. Charities have long been supported. Before the state cared for citizens, Freemasons cared for the children and widows of its members. They supported schools and were involved in the welfare of the community. This spirit continues in many ways, as has been mentioned is usually done quietly.

4. Why anti-Masonic feeling? Recently, there has been a horrific incident in NY where a group of people who happened to be Freemasons were involved in a non-Masonic function where someone was killed - by accident - albeit under foolish circumstances. Further, Masons are a society that is private. Like a family, some things are kept just among us. There are no real "secrets" in Freemasonry - if you care to read some of the above mentioned books, you'll discover most of the "secrets". They are all available in your library or on Amazon - so much for secrets. Any group associated with secrets or is often held as suspect by folks on the outside.

In 1968, the Papal bull prohibiting Roman Catholics from associating with Freemasonry was rescinded. Also included in the Papal bull was a prohibition of RC's to live in countries where Roman Catholocism was not the official recognized religion - so much for the USA.

There is a Masonic lodge on Main Street of nearly every town in the US, Canada, UK, France and beyond. It is the largest fraternal association in the world - yet shrinking fast. There have been many notable historical figures who were Freemasons - though I don't think we can claim Bill Clinton and George Bush - We can claim George Washington, Ben Franklin (though he had many other associations), Theodore Roosevelt, FDR, Harry Truman, Mozart, John Wayne, male royals of England since George II (Freemasonry is sometimes called the "Royal Society"), Kaiser Wilhelm, Benedict Arnold, your local butcher, baker, and candlestick maker.

Frankly, I'm flattered when I hear accusations about Freemasons sponsoring a "New World Order." Imagine that group of aging duffers in my lodge taking over the world. Instead they sponsor blood drives, child identification programs, medical research, visits to veterans, scholarships, concern and care for their members - hmmm, maybe they should take over the world.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/16, 10:50 AM
easy there LOL. I am not saying anything bad! I am just stating facts! So back down LOL

--------------

Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/16, 10:58 AM
Lol, rsquade:). What you said is the main thing I know about the free masons. I guess we get into the myth's because simply there a "secret" or unkown and so it percs our speculations and intrege. And as far as the taking over of the world, hey if they can convence the populas to place the general welfare of people over there own and not become corrupt about it, I'd say more power to them, maybe this world would come out a better place.

--------------
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/16, 11:01 AM
I did not say they were a RELIGION.:angry:..read what i said. They were the Knights Templar who fought in the 2nd crusade I believe. The Knights were a religious order and are the direct ancestors of the Masons. After they were attacked by France they went to Scotland where they became the Masons! That is what I said no misinformation there. trust me!

--------------

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/16, 11:08 AM
ANd you can read this in many books and of course on the web. A lot of mystery surrounds them as well as the Templars. Both parties deny that they are in any way related.....but kind of funny how the knights left france and it was well documented then that they sailed to scotland and after a few hundred years the masons appear.......:big_smile:

--------------

Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/16, 11:11 AM
Hope I wasn't the intended target on that one, my mind is in a whirl wind right now. I guess this subject just opened that can of worms:). Right now, I think I'll leave well enough alone.:cool:

--------------
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/16, 11:14 AM
nope not you valrash!:big_smile:

--------------

Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/16, 11:25 AM
<wipes sweat off of forhead>whew, lol:). Just didn't want to make any waves in the tranquill pond, I try to stay neutral.:cool:

--------------
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2004/04/16, 11:38 AM
LOL, great post. Don't worry Valrash, I have a tendancy to say things that stirs up some emotion, but it's good for the soul as they say. If someone is offended, tough, deal with it. And Mutt, I have learned and read the same things.
rsquade
rsquade
United States
2004/04/16, 01:54 PM
No emotion from me. One of the obligations of a Freemason is to correct misinformation about the craft. Sorry to get professorial. Every state Grand Lodge has a web site with all this as public information. If this peaks interest - and your a man (sorry ladies, you'll need to consider one of the concordant bodies) your local lodge would love to have you.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/04/16, 03:52 PM
mutt I am usually agreeing with what you say on here, but you did say that it is a religous order. 12 posts above this one.
"Ok, the Mason are a religoius order and stem from other religious oreders. "
It's not. There is a masonic bible (no secret) and it is the old testament. I am of the Jewish faith, and there are catholics, protestants, greek orthadox, muslim etc that are all involved. Wherever you got the info from, it was misinforming. Hope this clears it up .:big_smile::love:

--------------
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/16, 03:59 PM
Right, I did say that and stand by it...they do accept any religion in their order but do profess some type of faith. In my mind that makes it a religous order..maybe not like the jesuits or some such but one nontheless....also to the point that the order stems from other religious orders...everything I have read on them, about ahandfull fo books, state that the roots can be traced back to the knights templar.....a very religious order.....:big_smile:

--------------

rsquade
rsquade
United States
2004/04/16, 04:29 PM
Except when the Knights Templar were all summarily excommunicated and ceased to be religious - along with the burning at the stake of Jacques de Molay (the head guy you mentioned long above).

From the inside - Freemasons do not claim the Knights Templar connection - though it is heavily hinted at - particularly in romantizing books. It might even be true. There is certainly evidence to support the idea. Its just not claimed by Freemasonry, itself.

Among the first things you will read in offical Freemasonry publications and hear from a Freemason is that Freemasonry is NOT a religion. Now, I'll grant in the broadest sense it has religiousity about it, mainly in a moral code, but Freemasonry does not see itself as a religion nor does it accept nor tolerate any advantages of a religion - perhaps the most telling distinctions - we pay taxes on the lodge building like any other business.

By you clear knowledge about Freemasonry, Mutt, I'm guessing an interest. They'd love to have you at the lodge.
Valrash
Valrash
United States
2004/04/16, 05:16 PM
I always loved history:big_smile:, and this is very interesting, thanks everyone I've learned abit more about the masons and don't feel so ignorant now. Still would be a hard thing to talk with my Grandpa about though I don't know all the inn's and out's, I guess I try to be informed as much as I can and possibly at the same level of knowledge as the person I want to seriously discuss something with (don't want to make an a$$ out of myself if you all know what I mean).:cool:

--------------
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/17, 10:26 AM
Yeah I have had intrest in it. Read more than a few books on it as well.

--------------

Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/04/17, 11:38 PM
CLT...When a group goes silent and does not give much information on its operations, it come under scrutiny and CAN breed rumors. Its NOT the free masons that breed rumors, its the people or groups who don't understand them that do such...thats all MUTT was saying.

--------------
AUGUST 14th...NEW YORK, NEW YORK...MUSCLEMANIA ATLANTIC STATES...I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.
LETS GO METS!!!

Jdelts@freetrainers.com
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/04/18, 01:31 AM
I thought it had somethng to do with dungens and dragons or somthing lol

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

clt
clt
United States
2004/04/19, 08:38 AM
i do understand that, but i was just being defensive, sorry, i have a temper and i need to keep it in check. i should be squaring my actions. sorry mutt.-
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/04/19, 08:57 AM
:love::big_smile:

--------------

rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2004/04/21, 12:29 AM
To peak the interest of some, and to drive away others, check out this website. Some great info, history etc., on not only the Masons, but other organizations as well:

http://www.masonicinfo.com

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!

rev8ball@freetrainers.com
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/21, 12:40 AM
Interesting site rev8ball. My dad is a mason and he wont talk much about it. What I want to know is how you join the enlightened one the illuminati. :laugh:

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/04/21, 11:45 PM
mmailbohm...you will never "be asked to join". You have to askanother mason to bring you in.

--------------
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/04/22, 11:44 AM
I figured that they came to my parents house and interviewed my dad. The his lodge had to vote on him. The vary odd thing is my dad never wore any type of jewelery now he always has his masonic ring on.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am a beast and that is enough.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/04/22, 05:47 PM
He's proud to be a freemason. They came to the house because they like to talk to the spouse, make sure it is ok and will not interfere with the family life etc.
In my lodge we have a Father and son, and uncle. It's pretty cool because in lodge, we are all equal.

--------------
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
RevWayne
RevWayne
United States
2004/09/04, 12:15 AM

============
Quoting from mmaibohm:

I figured that they came to my parents house and interviewed my dad. The his lodge had to vote on him. The vary odd thing is my dad never wore any type of jewelery now he always has his masonic ring on.

=============
I wonder where it came from, myself. I was raised to MM with one other person, we were both presented with rings. His came from his father-in-law, who had recently passed away and did not get to see him complete the degrees. He was in tears before they even approached him with it. My own meant a great deal, it was given to me by a Mason from the UK that I have never met, who was a considerable influence on me by internet forum posting. I had come on the forum critical of Freemasonry, and turned 180 degrees when I saw the treatment given them by antimasons, and their gentlemanly conduct in spite of it. The ring was presented to me by another Mason I met by internet and dearly love, brother Tim McCurry, who drove all the way down to my lodge in coastal SC from his home in Tennessee, after being asked by Bill McElligott to come deliver it as a surprise. So I wonder if your father's ring has a significance to him that you may be unaware of.

And may I say what a breath of fresh air it is to see the nature of the discussion on the subject here. I've been through quite a few dogfights on the subject. I've taken a lot of flak about it as a minister, but only from antimasonics on the web. Does a good job in picking up where belief gets lost: putting it into practice. Lot of good moral encouragement, and solid friendships I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Valrash, I can appreciate your wish for knowledge, that's where I stood about a year ago, and my search took me a lot of places before I concluded what others have said here, it's an organization that unfortunately gets a lot of negative hype, mainly because of their strong adherence to traditions that have become outdated. Nothing remains static, and many terms and symbols of Masonry, while remaining the same in name, have taken on some negative meanings, which invites accusations. Hope you can sort through it with your eyes open.

Wayne
trimm
trimm
United States
2004/09/10, 05:25 PM
None of you I assume wear the "hat". If you are a Mason, you should know what I mean. :big_smile:
fsdsk
fsdsk
United States
2004/09/10, 05:32 PM
I'm not a mason but I know what you mean. I work at a retirement facility for masons. Great goup of people. I am interested to see what happens to them in the next 50 years or so, This next generation of people just don't seem to want to join fraternal organizations like they used to.
Pytbull
Pytbull
Canada
2006/08/02, 09:23 AM
I get this stuff all the time.My co-workers think that I am in a cult,which we know is way wrong.Antother co-workers blames the Masons for all his problems.I will just keep heading east
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/02, 09:47 AM
Well I disagree to a point. The Masons can be considered a cult in that a group of people get together and practice rites. Now in our world that has come to have negative meanings, but it does not have to be. AS long as you are a good person, try to live well, what in the end does it matter?

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/03, 02:18 PM
My husband is a master mason,like many who are not a mason...I am not sure what it is all about.I do know that he did alot of memorizing from books I couldn't see and went to meetings I was not allowed to go to,and after his first several meetings he came home wearing a t-shirt to bed for the first time ever.I surprised him in the shower the next day and was asked not to talk about what I saw so I won't,but it made me very worried as to what he had been involved in....at first.

I also know that over the years we have had problems in different ways and the masons have always been there for us as a family,some whom we had never met,they just saw the decal on my car.And while we were overseas a families home burned down and they lost several family members in he fire, all the families of the lodge pulled together and we raised money to help this family that had nothing to do with the lodge,they were just a family in need.The masons do alot to help their community...they just do it quietly...many times their name is not given to the recipients of their help,because they ask that it be that way.I would guees there are many out there that choose to speak badly of the masons because they are uneducated and are unaware of all the donations that are made to their own communities.

I'm actually surprised to see this thread...I've never known a mason to just come out and say they are one without being asked if they are.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/08/03, 02:28 PM
Yes they do a lot of good work. It is a shame that people just jump to the wrong conclusions based on hearsy and lies.

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!