Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

To all members

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/07/04, 10:34 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all members a very happy 4th of July! God bless America! We are living in the greatest country in the world.

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
tarab21
tarab21
United States
2003/07/04, 10:36 AM
Thanks, Happy 4th of July ! And Happy Canada Day 3 days late to all the Canadians.
padua
padua
United States
2003/07/04, 11:05 AM
thank you ,,,you have a great one yourself too....and yes America is great!!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/07/04, 11:22 AM
Dittos, Ron!

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/07/04, 04:25 PM
From a Canadian in "The true North Strong and Free"
Thank you Tara and Happy 4th to my neighbours in USA!

--------------
You can walk to anywhere you want, it only takes time.

Ivan Montreal Canada (aka SpongeBob Square Pants to some!)
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/07/05, 04:35 AM
OK, this seems like a good place to ask my question. I admit I have had a bit to drink...and I haven't had any drink in 2 months so it has gone straight to my head (and I am having trouble typing...lol). I need some advice, or at least some input. I asked my hubby 2 months ago to take this week off since I was taking it off to do some 'home improvement stuff. On Sunday he informed me that he had taken this week off to help his brother move and totally 'pretended' that he didn't remember that I was taking this week off to do stuff. He has been gone since Tuesday and I have been working my ass off doing stuff here by myself. I was upset that he made the choice that he did, but have stayed really busy doing the work. I asked him to call me often and the last 2 days I have had to call him at 10pm cuz he hadn't called me. Tonight, 4th of July, he didn't call me and I am ready to call it quits. Am I wrong in being upset that everyone else comes before me? Hemade all kinds of excuses for not wanting me to go and today he KNEW I was alone and pretty much cleaning house ane he hasn't even bothered calling me. I was going to have a glass of wine, but ended up having a whole bottle waiting for him to call. Am I wrong thinking that his 'good time' is more important than my peace of mind???? I know I wouldn't be writing this if I wasn't so upset, but I feel really low. Is this just typical male behavior?

--------------
~Victoria~
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
t-babe
t-babe
United Kingdom
2003/07/05, 02:34 PM
Sorry you're feeling like this az. It's hard to put something out there without knowing any of the situation but you guys have obviously got a communication problem. You're feeling like you're not his number 1 priority and you're down cos you guys are not together. I think you've a right to feel down because you asked him so far in advance and he only gave you a days notice of him helping his brother move. You'd think this may have been brought up in conversation before now.
I think you need to sit down and talk with your husband and give yourself time to really talk things through. Maybe even write some stuff down that's been really bothering you so that you get these points across. There's nothing worse than thinking later, "I wish I'd said that". Sorry you're not having a good 4th and I hope you're able to sort out your problems with your hubby.
Take care.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/07/05, 10:59 PM
First off, Sad to see your alone going through your chores.
Secondly, NO that is not "just typical male behavior".
When he gets back you'd better talk things out, because the alcohol won't solve the problem (but enjoy it while you can).
Sounds like something is not kosher if you know what I mean.
Talk to him and see what his present priorities are.
If you need to talk...email me or post.

--------------

I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2003/07/07, 02:27 PM
az: I agree with t-babe and carivan - you guys really need to talk & soon!
This website may help: http://www.marriagebuilders.com/
for what it's worth, I hope it helps.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/07/07, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate having this forum to vent. I was pretty upset. We talked some when he got back and he apologized. We are supposed to go away this weekend and I hope to cover some more ground. He just doesn't talk much and is passive-aggressive so it is extremely hard to ever get anything discussed. I am the opposite and feel free to talk about every little thing. I waited 20 years from when my first marriage ended to try it again. I was absolutely sure that I was ready and it was what I wanted, but sometimes I wonder if maybe he isn't so sure. I know from experience that if he wants something else it may not have anything to do with me, but the natural reaction is 'what did I do and how can I fix it?' Needless to say all this stress has me off my program and the last thing I feel like doing is eating.

--------------
~Victoria~
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2003/07/07, 05:45 PM
Hope things work-out and good luck.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2003/07/07, 05:58 PM
Hope things work-out and good luck.

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/07/07, 06:38 PM
AZ...work it out, and now is the time you really need to train. Give it a try. You will see, you will get something out of it and stay positive.

--------------

azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/07/08, 01:09 PM
Ok, dragged myself to the gym yesterday and managed to eat most of what I was supposed to. Going again today and tomorrow....getting back on track. I at least got him to listen to me yesterday even if he didn't say much. Thanks again all. And amazon, I really liked that website. Even gave a friend the url...thanks.

--------------
~Victoria~
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/07/08, 04:19 PM
Good Going. The workout gives us peace of mind even if it's only for a short duration and it also builds our confidence.
Don't miss out. Glad to see your trying.

--------------

2011/03/01, 02:45 PM
holy crap, what has this place turned into? We have some kind of love solicitation letter posted on an 8 year old 4th of July thread.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2011/03/05, 06:08 AM
Looks interesting if I was a person with no brains but on that note, maybe it's true. I received for copies of this in my FT mailbox!
2011/03/06, 01:32 PM
The letter disappeared. Why no "message deleted by blah blah blah?"
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2011/03/15, 11:41 AM
Cause I did not do it that way you ol fart

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
THE HIGH COST OF LIVING AINT NOTHING COMPARED TO THE COST OF LIVING HIGH.

\\"Take the Princess to saftey, there are only 50, nothing I can not handle!\\" Thundarr The Barbarian
7707mutt@freetrainers.com