Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Q for All Competitors

2003/06/25, 11:14 AM
For those of you who compete, what are your day jobs? I'm always curious about this kind of stuff, and I admire how many people are able to stay so fit with a hectic schedule. How do you fit all of your training and dieting in?

--------------
OSU Law Rugby....specializing in personal injury and pain & suffering.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/06/25, 12:43 PM
I am an industrial electrician. I work second shift. It can get pretty hectic. Lots of overtime required. Imake my workout my priority in the morning when I get up. Nothing will interfere with this. That is one reason I feel it is better to workout in the morning too. As the day goes on, more and more "excuses" can be found to not do it. I pack up all my meals before hand, and an extra or 2 just in case, so I always have my nutrition. it does get hectic, for instance a robot breaks down, and a line is shut down because of it. If I go out there and see that the program is messed up for instance, and is going to take me a while to reprogram it, and it runs into my eating schedule, I will mix up a MRP and slam it down. Always try to look ahead and be prepared. Especially with competing, you cannot in any way shape or form miss a meal. So you must be prepared.

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/06/25, 02:01 PM
I used to be a trainer in a fitness facility, now I am a small business owner (my own studio).
At the gym we had five minutes inbetween clients - slam an MRP and go. When I had to switch to real food closer to the show it was slam some fish and rice and go (not as easy).
Prepacking and preparation become second nature when you make it part of your lifestyle. carrying a cooler, a gym bag, and a gallon of water to work everyday is a hassle, but a necessity.
Success doesn't come without struggle and sacrfice.
Good Luck!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/06/26, 02:21 AM
Me, I'm in charge of a small gym so that's where I am all day long......
Wanting to compete is difficult whatever you do since it'll "control" every small little thing in your entire life.
BUT that's a choice......

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/06/29, 03:00 PM
I am the CEO of a sports nutrition company, and, because of that, I can break away when I need to, but that is a dual edged sword.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
bowers
bowers
United States
2003/06/30, 02:28 AM
I work in law enforcement and we work 12 hour shifts 3days on and 3 days off its tough but if you want it bad enough you can. I do!!! good luck