Group: Doin-it 2012!

Created: 2012/01/04, Members: 86, Messages: 92

Women who want to achieve their weight loss goal this year- 2012. We will challenge and encourage one another! If you've made up your mind to "do it!" this is the group for you!!

Join group

Why are you here??

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
crushedgoddess
crushedgoddess
United States
2012/02/12, 02:19 AM
I am here for many reasons. I look at my family, both my own and my hubby's, and have asked myself if that is what I want to be in twenty years. The answer was a resounding NO. There is a more pressing issue though. After I had my last son, I had my tubes tied. I had been through several failed relationships and a failed marriage and I found myself giving birth as a single mom, again. I was already a single mom of two, I did not want to be a single mom of three. So, I had the doctor perform the surgery. It was the biggest mistake of my life. Two years ago, I met and fell in love with my darling dearest. I call him my husband but legally he is just that guy who sleeps here. We live as man and wife and consider oursleves as such but with me being in school, we do not want to mess my financial aid stuff  up so we have held off on the whole legal thing. Anyway, this man is the person I was meant to be with. We have already faced several hardships and found confort and strength in eahc other. Here is the problem. He is younger than I am and has no biological children of his own. He desperatly wants to add onto our family, and I desperately want to give him the experience. We have found a doctor who is reasonable priced while also being very experienced in tubal reversals. We have most of the money saved up but they will not do the surgery at the weight I currently am. This doctor uses the BMI chart. I am currently at 31, I need to be at 27 for them to operate. That is like a weight loss of 30 pounds. So, while we finish saving up the money to do this, I also need to lose weight. This is beyond important to me and to him as well. That is the main reason why I decided to get fit this year.

It is nice to meet such a supportive group of ladies and hope to become aquainted and motivated by each of you.
jennworkout4
jennworkout4
United States
2012/05/02, 08:35 AM
Hey there,
I'm doing this because I'm nearing 30 and have never had the body I've wanted.  I started dating my boyfriend 8 months ago who is in great shape, worksout, and does taekwondo.  I've been feeling really bad about my body and want him to think the same about me as I do of him.  I think it's about time I get the body I've wanted because I know it's possible and not too far.  I would like to lose 30 lbs and i think I'd be exactly where I want to be.  I have a great unique shape, with a nice big bottom (which needs toning and lifting baaad) and really muscular legs, with problem areas at the hamstrings.  My body is disproportionate but some guys like fat bottomed girls lol.  Anyway , if i lose 30 lbs I could have a Kim Kardashian figure.  I just have to lose some lbs and tone my temple up.  I'm afraid of getting unmotivated, and also eating is hard for me with my job. I work until midnight most nights and dont have a dinner break until 8 or later, so I'm going to try to get on the 6 small meals a day and snack while at work to  curb eating when I get home late.  Anyway.. Thanks for listening, and I'm looking forward to progress!!!
jennworkout4
jennworkout4
United States
2012/05/02, 08:35 AM
Hey there,
I'm doing this because I'm nearing 30 and have never had the body I've wanted.  I started dating my boyfriend 8 months ago who is in great shape, worksout, and does taekwondo.  I've been feeling really bad about my body and want him to think the same about me as I do of him.  I think it's about time I get the body I've wanted because I know it's possible and not too far.  I would like to lose 30 lbs and i think I'd be exactly where I want to be.  I have a great unique shape, with a nice big bottom (which needs toning and lifting baaad) and really muscular legs, with problem areas at the hamstrings.  My body is disproportionate but some guys like fat bottomed girls lol.  Anyway , if i lose 30 lbs I could have a Kim Kardashian figure.  I just have to lose some lbs and tone my temple up.  I'm afraid of getting unmotivated, and also eating is hard for me with my job. I work until midnight most nights and dont have a dinner break until 8 or later, so I'm going to try to get on the 6 small meals a day and snack while at work to  curb eating when I get home late.  Anyway.. Thanks for listening, and I'm looking forward to progress!!!
MCatapane
MCatapane
United States
2012/05/14, 05:46 PM
Hi!
I'm here to commit to something, I've always been a bigger girl and now that i've graduated college (with a culinary degree :/)I have no excuse to not take care of myself except for my laziness! I'm about 5'7" and app. 180lbs. not obese but def overweight!! I plan on doing the weekly check ins and hopefully you guys will do them with me!
~Mel
jahreal
jahreal
New Zealand
2012/06/03, 08:23 AM
kia ora (hi) my name is Janie i'm from Aoteroa New Zealand, i have dedicated from may 22nd 2012 to january 1st 2013 my full atention on my healthy living. I have always been a big girl. I actually was on the verge of having a break down (life itself as i saw it) I went to my doc and she told me it was my out of control diabetes that was making feel down & out. So the next day i gave up my full time job and my studies. And now my main concentration is on my health, weightloss, getting fit, living longer. Im so glad i have come across this sight.
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages