Group: General Mental Health & Well-being

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 70, Messages: 15

Reaching optimal overall health is an ideal most should strive to attain for a healthy life. There are many mental barriers and obstacles that one deals with daily and must learn to overcome to reach happiness.

Join group

Welcome Everyone! Let's Get To Know Each Other

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2012/03/14, 11:11 PM
I've noticed that many have join the group here in the last few months.  So let's break the ice.  What's your name?  Where are you from?  What made you join this group? 

I will start:

My name is Bettia, i'm from Las Vegas, NV.  and the reason I joined this group is I want to live my life as health and stress-free as possible and help others along the way.  I have no desire to become a body builder, Iron Woman, or compete in the Olympics.  My goals are simple, to increase my life and live as healthy and happy as I can be.  I hope to hear from some of you.  If there are any topics or issues you would like to discuss, please post it here or send me a private message.  Take care and remember, you can't help others until you help yourself.

Ravenbeauty
2012/03/15, 12:02 AM
I hear you Ms Beauty.  I want to feel good as long as I'm around. The longer I live, the less I like impact exercise. Lifting works for me but playing in and on the water has become a favorite for me. I need strength to work my garden. I have COPD from owning and working in the very dusty cabinet business and spraying finishes. My lung capacity at one time was down to 74%. It's at 95% now. I like being near 60 and in better shape than most people half my age. I like the endorphins from exercise. I like being able to walk up a hill or long stairway or a trail . I like swimming 4 or 5 miles when it's too hot to breathe walking.

I like being able to eat more.

The best diet change I ever made was to start growing and eating organic food. It's worth the time effort and money especially if you are partial to eating. Throw in some running, flying and swimming animals and you can stay pretty healthy.

I'm Charlie. Been a member here since 2003. Fitness is the longest relationship I've had except for the one with my wife of 32 years. I enjoy taking pictures but I'm not very good at it. I post them anyway and I'm a grouchy old man so I don't care if people don't like them. I really like George and Adrian's new sight and it's photo posting features.

I've spent 5 years of my life sleeping on ships and boats. That's a full 1800 nights and days. I hope I can do it forever. I love boats and ships. My boat is named "The Shop". It fits. My canoe and kayay have no name. I served in the navy on a destroyer. I cruise when we can cobble up the money. We split time between The Shop and our home gardening.

And sweetie, I'm very happy to see you back here. Take off your shoes and sit a spell.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2012/03/15, 08:54 AM
Ravenbeauty
I've noticed that many have join the group here in the last few months. So let's break the ice. What's your name? Where are you from? What made you join this group?

I will start:

My name is Bettia, i'm from Las Vegas, NV. and the reason I joined this group is I want to live my life as health and stress-free as possible and help others along the way. I have no desire to become a body builder, Iron Woman, or compete in the Olympics. My goals are simple, to increase my life and live as healthy and happy as I can be. I hope to hear from some of you. If there are any topics or issues you would like to discuss, please post it here or send me a private message. Take care and remember, you can't help others until you help yourself.

Ravenbeauty

I am Scott, or as my name here states Mutt.  I have been a member for 10 years, and I am a hopeful powerlifter.  I love being strong and want to be all my life Welcome!

---
levans3
levans3
United States
2012/03/21, 06:07 AM (Edited: levans3 - 2012/03/21, 06:38 AM)
I'm from Minnesota and worked over nights in a Behavioral unit at a hospital... for 3 years too long.  In the last 2 years I have gained around 50+ lbs. I had been use to being a size 8 or less before then, so it's really hard to deal with. I use to be very active and eat healthy before I married. I'd run a 3k just for fun and loved martial arts, swimming and volunteered for an ambulance.
  Now when I lose any weight it seems like my body works against me. I feel fatigued, think about food constantly, and feel like my matabolism slows to the point where I can't lose weight anymore. Maybe it's just psychological but if I can change those three things maybe eating health, and exersizing will be enough to help me reach my goal.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
jahreal
jahreal
New Zealand
2012/06/03, 08:02 AM
kia ora my name is Janie i'm from Aotearoa New Zealand, I'm not wanting to be a body builder, athlete, or a competitor either. I would like to live a healthy life, slim, looking good, feeling great. I have given up my full time job, sports and studies to really concentrate on my health, in finding this sight it has given me hope, and a place to start. I am 38 years old, and need to lose a lot of weight.