Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

upper buttocks, lower lower back

matt_anna
matt_anna
United States
2003/09/07, 02:37 PM
Hi, since having my son, I can not shed the bulge on both sides in the back. It's hard to describe, but the area is directly back from the front of the hip bone. My hip bone sticks out in the front, but then a little way back, kinda between my side and the back, is this buldgy area. Rear excercises nor back ones seem to reach this. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and how to get rid of it?
Thank you, Anna
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/09/08, 10:29 AM
You can't spot reduce fat. Eating a clean, healthy diet consistently and sticking with your cardio and weight lifting program will lead to fat loss, some places just hold on longer. Keep up your efforts and tell yourself it will work!

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/09/09, 12:16 PM
asimmer is exactly right. These are basically the dreaded "love handles". Diet will get you there. You cannot target a fat loss area. An exercise you can do to help along, strengthen that area and add support for your abs are hyperextensions. Do these slow and controlled. Don't come up past parallel. As you get stronger on them, you can hold a weight for added resistance. But the main thing is to get your diet correct.

--------------
Great people never want it easier, they just want to be better!
Ron