Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

TreadClimber vs. Other Cardio Equipment

joecool71_3
joecool71_3
United States
2006/10/25, 02:30 AM
So wanted to know what people think of the new TreadClimbers versus other Cardio Equipment. Which one do you think is more effective?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/25, 07:34 AM
I haven't tried the treadclimber yet - next week I am sneaking off early in the morning to try one at a different bramch of my gym...

I think as long as you keep moving and get your heart rate where it needs to be, they are all effective. But that is without trying the treadclimber..I will get back to you on that one:)

--------------

AIM HIGH TIME FLIES
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/10/26, 12:03 PM
As long as you are moving you are burning calories. Any movement that raises your heart rate in any manor will do what it is supposed to do. Burn calories. That is why you see folks who swear by everything from T-bo to sprints that theirs is the best. They all work for the same reason. Move. Burn calories, take in less food.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
jakewa3
jakewa3
Canada
2006/11/01, 12:28 AM
In my opinion, the treadclimber is not much different than inclining a treadmill and walking on it. I have tried one in a store and it is a little easier than an inclined treadmill as the incline drops when your foot is at the end of your stride. I felt it was a little weird to walk on, almost elliptical like, and was designed to get those people off their buts with the promise of more calories burned while using it than using a treadmill, but the comparison is done against a flat treadmill! Once your up to the task, cardio is better, and you are now looking for more good luck running on the treadclimber.