Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

TRAINNING MORE THAN ONCE A DAY!!??

yakuza005uk
yakuza005uk
United Kingdom
2002/04/20, 10:12 AM
i was just wondering if it helps to train more than once a day.Personaly i think when i train in the morning, then after a few good wholesome meals i can realy feel my muscles geting to work, but then later on in the day i feel the aching and tiredness which i dont realy mind but have found a way around it by trainning once more in the evening or at night. OK, not as much but simply using lightweights and warming down for about half an hour or so. I think this realy works for me 'muscle wise and ripping up' but i dont know if its bad for your muscles either. As iv heard too much trainning isnt good for your muscles.
....thanx for taking time to read my message,much help would be appreciated!
jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/04/20, 10:14 AM
I THINK YOU COULD WORK YOUR UPPER BODY IN THE AM AND THEN DO LOWER BODY IN THE PM JUST A GUESS I WILL LET THE EXPERTS GIVE IT A TRY...............................
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/20, 10:56 AM
That all depends on your goals. If it is to gain mass, then
I would generally advise training only once per day. Otherwise, you could risk overtraining.

On the other hand, if you are looking to lose weight and tone, then you could workout twice per day. You can also throw in a heavy cardio session followed by light weight training.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/21, 02:12 AM
Actually what you are doing is called active recovery AND it can help you a lot.

Short duration active recovery provides superior performance in comparison to passive rest...... (but respect the lighter weights and more reps)

If you feel good about it, then I don't seem any reason to stop.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....