Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Titan Training II – Havana Nights

tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2004/03/11, 08:40 PM
Okay kids, it’s time for the sequel. Starting next week I’m going to begin another round of Leo Costa’s Titan Training. I have procrastinated about this for some time now, but I figured if I post my intentions on FT, then I HAVE to follow through, right? <Crowd: “Right!”> As a result, I’ll be posting in my training log again, so please stop by and post harassing comments if you wouldn’t mind.

Since my last Titan Training cycle, I’ve been working out, but with no real plan or system. Bad, I know. I think the folks who try to justify this type of haphazard/random training call it something like “instinctive” training… LOL. I find it demotivating, and see my enthusiasm going down the commode.

Plus, I’ve been nursing a couple injuries, which I’m beginning to think are nothing more than old-age battle scars that I just have to deal with. The rotator cuff issue from playing football roughly 200 years ago is rearing it’s ugly head, the left knee/calf issue (from an orthopedic surgeon’s botched repair job) has returned, and the right hip is showing signs of arthritis. “WAH WAH WAH, boy the Saxman sure has gotten whiny!” So I read some of the real obstacles that you folks have overcome and decided to hang my head in shame. End result? Getting back to busting butt! The weights might be a little lighter than last time and the pace might be a wee bit slower, but it’s time.

TSMD
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/03/11, 08:55 PM
:big_smile: Good for you. We miss you around here. How goes the eating plan? Still doing the same thing? I am, basically. Since they re-vamped the pages I haven't figured out where the journals are, or how to access them. Or do you have to be a pro now to do that? I have a couple injuries right now too and already whined in another post so I'll spare you. Hope we get to hear from you more often. Good luck with your program.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills
2004/03/11, 09:21 PM
Victoria, click message boards. See huge banner at the top that says manage training journals. Click there and viola.

TSMD Yeah Yeah Yeah, I believe when I see. Does this work like the Mutt challange I, II etc???? Consider yourself harrassed. :big_smile:

--------------
The greatest mystery of life is who we truly are.

Charlie
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/03/12, 01:10 AM
Yeah right Charlie. Is this your way of getting back at us for the smilies? I see a small link to Meet your Moderators and a large one about supplements. But then I'm still only getting my email notifications when they feel like making the trip. So maybe the training journals don't want me snooping around in them.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2004/03/12, 08:07 AM
Yo Vic!

Thanks for the "welcome back". My eating plan is kind of like my current training plan... a bit on the haphazard side (pardon me, I mean "I'm using an 'instinctive eating' program right now!"). Not really "bad" as in "bad food", more like "bad" as in "irregular" and "not enough".

To access the training log, you have to start at the main message board page. Click the Message Boards button (like Chuck said), and look for the big banner that reads "Click Here to Manage Your Personal Training Logs". I don't think its just for professional members... Maybe you found a bug?

Charlie you wild man! I've missed your harassment. For the record, my diving back into the thick of things is nothing like Mutt challenges II or III - this one is for REAL!LOL Those Mutt challenges did seem to fade off after the first one, didn't they! Good intentions, though. Like we've heard so many times before on this site, you gotta do this for yourself - no one else. I think these types of challenges help to hold you more accountable to yourself. Yeah, the teamwork and camaraderie is a bonus, but it's that personal accountability that is the appeal for me. Kind of like writing down your goals rather than just "remembering" them.

TSMD
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/03/12, 08:09 AM
Yeah they faded...sorry bout that! But saxman quit whining bout your problems and get it done!!!!!:angry::love::big_smile::laugh::dumbbell:

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
2004/03/12, 08:26 AM
I have faith in da Saxman. Looking forward to your journal.

Sorry Victoria, I know non pro members can get in because several make comments. We would be proud to have yo visit.

--------------
The greatest mystery of life is who we truly are.

Charlie
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2004/03/12, 06:06 PM
Thanks saxman and charlie but, either I am an idiot (highly possible) or they changed it to pros only, cuz I have done everything possible from every page possible and the only banner that ever comes up is for supplements. I know before they re-vamped the site I could go in and read them. Oh well.

--------------
~Victoria~
LM037
LM037
United States
2004/04/05, 10:40 AM
ny updte on your second round of Titain Training? i am just about to start my first round today and was wondering your progress so far?
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2004/04/05, 12:26 PM
Yo LM,

Work has become insane lately. As a result, I am not getting the rest that I need to give a second round of TT a fair shot just yet. I've been using a 3-days-per-week (M,W,F) lifting schedule with Tuesday and Thursday cardio days until the work life settles down a bit. I've been focusing only on squats, deads, DB presses, military BB presses, and some calf and abs work. I'll keep this going until I clear up the work schedule a bit and can get the rest I need.

As I said in my previous posts, to get the most out of the Titan Training program, you MUST rest enough (and have impeccable nutrition, too). I can keep my nutrition fairly clean if I need to, but getting a solid 8 hours per night - forget about that!

Good luck to you on your efforts - and keep us posted on your results. Don't forget to get enough rest in order to properly recover. This program can easily turn into overtraining. Some folks argue that it already is - no matter how much rest you get!

TSMD
LM037
LM037
United States
2004/04/09, 03:42 PM
I would just like to tell everyone that the Muscle Rounds are no joke. I thought it would be pretty easy considering you only do 4 reps then restthen 4 and so on. My god, I was sweating like I had run a marathon. I am taking Swole v2 o my pumps were inane for my legs, I almost could not walk the 2 blocks home and my leg buckled a few times. But it sure was fun :)
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2004/04/09, 08:04 PM
They look a whole lot easier on paper than in person!LOL But you're right, the pumps you get are incredible. And the sweating - whew, forgot about that!

You really have to swallow your pride, too, when doing rounds. It is absoultely a must to lift a lighter weight than you are accustomed to, so that you can complete the whole round. But the benefits are worth it. It sucks watching others in the gym piling on heavier weights (weights that you know you could lift 8-10 reps easily). But just stay the course. You'll be happy with your results.

A couple more weeks with this stupid schedule of mine, and I'll be ready for my second cycle. You stoked the old fires, LM. I'm really anxious to get back to Muscle Rounds again! Thanks.

TSMD
LM037
LM037
United States
2004/04/16, 09:40 AM
Hey Saxman, let me know when you are going to start your cycle, maybe we can bounce things off of each other. I have to admit, I had done the Big Beyond Belief training before and saw great results in college. But, after working behind a desk for a couple of years you body really takes a toll. After just 2 weeks (today is the last workout of week 2), my chest is all pumped and my legs are so tight throughout the day. I am no longer sore after my workouts but have one complaint in regards to the routine. You work most body parts 3 times a week, but they fail to add a third arm (bi and tri) routine. I'll stick to it and change my arm exercise selection to get more out of the two workouts. Looking forward to 6 more weeks.
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2004/04/16, 03:26 PM
Yo LM!

Sounds like a great idea. Send me an e-mail anytime. You're right about the constant pumps - I liked those the best. I probably have a few more weeks before I can commit to another TT cycle (hopefullly). I wouldn't worry about the arm thing, either. Use lots of "level 7" free weight exercises for all of the body parts, and the pipes will grow just fine! Keep at it!

TSMD
LM037
LM037
United States
2004/04/30, 10:54 AM
Hey Saxman

I am going to be starting my routine from scratch. I just got over a 5-day stomach virus. I just have to say, it is the worst thing to have. I lost like 12-15 pounds and my strength is shot. I will be starting the program on Monday from scratch and might start a log too. I figure logs will keep you more committed so why not. Let me know if you’re up for it.
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2004/05/01, 08:44 AM
Yo LM,

Sorry to hear about your illness and weight/strength loss. My life is still pretty hectic. Maybe I'll break my cardinal rule of Titan Training... Even though I'm not sure I can go all out, I think if I wait for a "break", it'll never get here, so SURE, let's give it a go starting Monday.

You said you want to use a log. I assume you meant the log here on FT. If you have a "disposable" email account that accepts attachments (yahoo, hotmail, etc.), send it to me here at FT (send instant message). I'll email you the blank PDF template that I use for Titan Training log entries while at the gym. The file also has pages for the specialization routines, too. You can print it out page at a time and take it to the gym... if you're interested.

Good luck on a productive, grueling, and painful 12 weeks... See you at the end of July!

TSMD
LM037
LM037
United States
2004/05/05, 12:09 PM
Hey,
Sent a PM but dont know if you got if. You can mail me the log at leonardo@paulfbyrnes.com.

the guys at work here have been seeing me with my 6 pieces of tupperware and one guy actually went with me. Lets just ay leg pressing 900 lbs blew him away. I'll post my logs once i get the file, just so i can have the right format.

Hope all is going well
clbulldog
clbulldog
United States
2004/06/12, 02:11 AM
anybody still using the titan training. it has been a long time since i have been to the gym.found old big beyond belief manual thinking about incorporating it into workout session. any suggestions?
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2004/06/17, 11:34 AM
Yo Len,

I sent it on the 7th. Enjoy.

Yo bulldog,

My understanding is BBB is the predecessor of TT, and many of the concepts are the same. My 2 cents, though, is don't "incorporate" it into your workouts -- just follow the plan as is. In other words, make BBB your workout plan, not an addition to your workout. Many feel that TT (and BBB) border on overtraining. "Adding it to" (rather than replacing) your current workout would definately be overkill and problematic.

I'm building a home gym in my basement and it's coming along nicely. My gym membership expires in August. I probably won't renew. Instead, I'll be restarting the TT program from home in the evenings (and enjoying an extra hour of sleep or two every morning).

Good Luck!
TSMD