Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

The comeback thread (for chellie)

1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/16, 09:41 PM
Okay... well.

Not to flog a dead horse, I know how many times I have posted my eating plans, etc and then fallen off.

I will not let myself fail this time. I feel that if I do i won't be able to face myself any longer. There, enough negativity!

I am in a new state of mind these days - forward focused and extremely up. I have gotten my health issues under control (new doctor, fabulous!) and I am ready to claim my right to a vibrant, healthy body again.

Someone (chellie:)) asked if I was posting somewhere new, so i thought maybe I would begin anew here.

I don't expect, but I do welcome, help or cheerleading along the way - it is a lot to ask people to continue cheering for a horse that has failed to finish the race so many times before. All I am doing is tracking it for myself and anyone interested.

My only challenge this month is a sore jaw from my new mouthguard for sleep apnea. This means that most foods that I want to eat (salad, veggies, meat) seem a little intimidating because I am afraid to chew anything much.

Today is an example of that:

Breakfast - Prolab oatmeal cinnamon shake.

worked out

prolab lean matrix strawberry shake

late lunch; mashed potatoes, tiny bit of potato salad (too hard) and chicken, dark meat is softer than the light meat, so had a thigh and part of a breast...

snack 1/2 serving of bread pudding

I am getting hungry now, so I am going to make some scrambled egg/egg whites for a snack.

My jaw should be improving as I get accustomed to the mouthguard, then I am going to start a jumpstart diet plan (rapid fat loss diet)(very similar to bbfit's diet thread in the nutrition forum). I will aim to begin that on The wekend, giving me this wek to reduce my jaw pain and get things organized, calculate calories/macros, meal plans and all that jazz.

So. there you are.

:big_smile:

--------------
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.
- Henry David Thoreau

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/01/16, 10:02 PM
Good luck Amy, nice to have you back in the saddle again. You will do fine.

--------------
Strength and Honor!
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/01/16, 10:11 PM
Your post made me have a flashback of my braces wearing days. Ugh! If what you are going through is anything like that, I FEEL SO SORRY FOR YOU!!!!! It sucks trying to find the food that makes eating a little less painful. I see a lot of oatmeal in your future!:big_smile:

Thanks for reposting! You have a lot of cheerleaders on this board im sure, but im not kidding when i say that you are my inspiration. When im feeling lazy and i feel like skipping out on an exercise day, I always end up on this board and start reading posts and see your pictures and the guilts sets in. I jump up and start doing something, no matter how little it is. Dont give up on yourself and I will do the same for me.

Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/01/17, 08:57 AM
"it is a lot to ask people to continue cheering for a horse that has failed to finish the race so many times before."

Since you're still at it, obviously the race isn't over yet. :)

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/01/17, 09:06 AM
I agree with chellie, it seems odd to be cheering on the person that keeps you motivated! But, I do understand the challenges you are facing(and we all face) and we all support you 100%. Nice to have you back!

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/01/18, 12:29 AM
how many calories/proteins/carbs/fats do you try to get in a day? and does your weight lifting diet differ from when you are doing cardio? Just curious.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/18, 08:25 AM
Chellie - I am going to do a 8-12 week kickstart rapid fat loss diet - 1.5g protein per pund of lean body mass, unlimited fibrous vegetables and EFA supplementation.

Until I start that on Monday I am not tracking amounts. I might not track anything except my protein when I do start because it will be a very low caloric intake and I don't want to be made more aware that I am not getting very many calories.

I will have structured re-feed meals twice a week - normal meals, not binges.

For most people, I have seen a 40/40/20 P/C/F ratio work quite well at first. It has worked for me in the past, and may again in the future. Your intake will depend on your amount of lean mass, your level of activity, your goals and your current average caloric intake.

The only real difference between how I eat on lifting days is the pwo shake, and sometimes I have a pwo shake on cardio-only days, other than that my diet is pretty much the same most days. The big change in diet is pre-contest when you manipulate your ratios/intake for fat loss. The rapid fat loss diet i am going to use would work well for pre-contest as well.

So, my goals for protein next week (daily) will be around 210g a day.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Yesterday's food intake was...pretty bad.

Breakfast was good - I made an omelette with mushrooms and prosciutto and farmer cheese.

Lunch was a celebration - we got pre-approved to buy a house without having to sell our house first! This will make things so much easier! So, we ate at the German restaurant:

I had weiss wurst, red cabbage and a few bites of soft pretzel. Mustard. And 1 dark beer.

On the way home we stopped at the butcher and picked up some brats, had thos for an early supper, with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Later we had spaghetti with lean ground beef and sauce.

A high-carb naughty day! I didn't feel very good by bedtime, though and I am ready for Monday.

--------------
I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor.
- Henry David Thoreau

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/18, 01:32 PM
Okay, did some figuring - here is what the 1st 12 weeks will look like:

Amy's Plan of Attack January 23rd - April 15th

Daily supplements:

1 Tbsp of flaxseed oil a day or 6g omega-3
Multi-vitamin
Calcium - 2X600mg
1g potassium
500mg magnesium

EC stack - begin with 10mg Ephedrine/100 caffeine 1xday work up to 3x day, then work up to 20mg/200

Daily food:

6 meals.
35g protein each, unlimited veggies
2 servings ff dairy a day

Protein sources Skinless chicken breast
Low-fat fish - cod, tuna, halibut, flounder, crab, lobster
95-98% lean red meat
Ff cottage cheese
Ff cheese
Egg whites/egg substitute
Beef/chicken/turkey jerky
0 carb protein powder pre/post-workout

Veggies
Unlimited greens, fibrous veggies

NO - peas, carrots, corn, beets

Limitless

Condiments: lemon juice, spices, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, salsa, Pico de Gallo

Beverages: water, diet soda, coffee, crystal lite/sf drinks, tea, broth, bouillon

Every 4 days I get one free meal - not a binge but a 'normal' meal.

--------------
- Henry David Thoreau

chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/01/18, 02:20 PM
Too bad this message board doesnt have a counter. I bet you would be surprised on how many people are keeping up with you! I dont know if that would be too much pressure for you, it would motivate the hell outta me though.:)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/19, 02:46 PM
Hey - went grocery shopping today - really motivated, and I spent the morning reading through my bodybuilding/healthy cookbooks finding recipes that fit into the plan. I will post the ones that are really good, and most likely complain about the ones that aren't:)

Thanks for the pressure, chellie!:big_smile: I am kidding - I think that knowing people are watching makes it more motivational and harder to let myself cheat.

Yesterday - I couldn't get online and I didn't write down my food intake.. Starting Monday i will start keeping my journal so there is no forgetting what I have eaten. yesterday was a pretty healthy day, and I made a batch of pico de gallo that is spicy enough to make my scalp tingle (oops, guess I only needed one jalapeno pepper)!
I worked out with my daughter yesterday, too.

--------------
- Henry David Thoreau

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/24, 08:51 AM
Monday, january 23rd, 2006 Day 1 of week 1...

Around 7am : Omelette:
3/4c cheese & chive eggbeaters, 2 oz extra lean ground turkey, 1 slice ff sharp cheddar, pico de gallo

36g protein, low carbs, low fat

9am 2 scoops on whey in 1 qt crystal lite (drank while doing cardio with client)(not ideal, but...)

10 am - 11am worked out.

11:15 Pico Burger - 4.5oz extra lean ground beef mixed with 1/2c pico de gallo, topped with 1 slice ff cheese
side of green beans with butter buds.

3:30 i tried to make spinach bake, but i was already getting hungry and cranky and it was taking longer to cook than it should have... so I had an 'emergency' quick meal - 1 1/4c fatfree cottage cheese mixed with pico de gallo. I have never tried cottage cheese with savory or spicy mix-ins - usually sweet or fruity.. this was good, but it made an enormous amount and was quite an effort to finish....

7pm chicken breast baked with bbq and water, broccoli with butter buds

9pm hungry...didn't measure, eggbeaters and 2 slices ff cheese.

It was a pretty good day today, I am sore and I am not sure hwy, but i am hoping that it will all sort itself out as I continue.

I will finish cooking that spinach bake today and post the recipe if it is good..:surprised:

--------------
- Henry David Thoreau

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/24, 10:13 PM
Tuesday january 24th day 2

7:30am breakfast 'pizza' (posted in recipes under eggs)yummy

9:50 2 oz smoked chicken strips - running to vet appt.

12:30 1 can tuna,1 med tomato, 1/2 a cucmber, 1 small onion, TBSP flax oil (Udo's blend, actually) and a cup of chicken bouillion

3:30 - 4:00 cottage cheese spinach bake (in recipe section)

6:45 cod baked with veggies and eggplant dish (will post recipes)

9:00 (now) 1c ff ricotta cheese with splenda and sugarfree cocoa (craving chocolate)

Today was better than yesterday - not so edgy or cranky. ;)

--------------
- Henry David Thoreau

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/25, 07:35 PM
Wednesday - day 3

My schedule got off today..but i ate right, just missed a meal:angry:

6:40am breakfast 'pizza' again, eggs whites, nushrooms, zucchini, onion, ff cheese and 2 tbsp spaghetti sauce.

worked out at 8am

10:25 1 qt crystal lite with 2 scoops on whey (pwo and on the run)

Here is where the day got screwy - i went to get my hair cut/colored at the beauty school and it took a total of 4 hours!!!!! I was starving by the time i got out of there, rushed home, picked up my daughter and some cucmber slices and chicken jerky and headed to her afterschool program

3:20 1/2 a cucmber and 4 oz chicken tenders, smoked

6:25 eggplant dish and 4.5oz xtra lean burger with onions

for snack I am making an eggbeater omelet with ff cheese.

--------------
- Henry David Thoreau

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/28, 09:10 AM
Oh, I enetered day 4 and apparently it didn't post. harumph. okay then - here is day 4 and day 5

Day 4, Thursday january 26

7:00am Turkey, broccoli, eggs/eggbeaters, ff cheese, hot salt (omelet)

11:15 chicken ceasar salad (at the museum)

3:30 can of tuna, 1/2 large cucmber, medium tomato, scant tbsp lowfat mayo

6:30 chicken breast and eggplant dish

9:00 extra lean ground beef and eggplant dish (it is almost all eaten up...)

I forgot my supplements today, I figure this week i will get the eating down and next week focus on the supplements.

Day 5 Friday

7:30 Turkey, broccoli, eggbeaters, ff cheese (omelet)
Worked legs/abs
10:am 2 scoops ON Whey in crystal lite (PWO)

12:30 can of tuna, 1/2 large cucmber, medium tomato, cilantro, scant tbsp lite mayo

3:30 mushrooms, garlic, broccoli omelet made with 1 egg 3 whites, 3/4c eggbeaters and 1/2c ff cottage cheese (experiment) I split this with my husband. The addition of the cottage cheese made it fluffier and tastier, I think.

6:45ish FREE MEAL!!!!!!! I made it to my first free meal!

We ate at an "Irish pub" though it was sort of the mall version of an Irish pub. Oh well, don't know til you try it, right?

I had a cup of potato leek soup, then corned beef with a whiskey glaze and cabbage/carrots/onions on the side and some mashed potatoes (i was too full to eat the potatoes, my husband helped out).
Then the three of us split a piece of chocolate torte, drak chocolate, really rich. i don't think anyone could eat one piece on their own.

It was all really good, but I was uncomfortably full all the rest of the evening...

--------------
Dont spend your precious time asking \"Why isnt the world a better place?\" It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is \"How can I make it better?\" To that there is an answer.
- Leo Buscaglia
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/29, 11:25 AM
Saturday wasn't great, but I feel good today...

Saturday - slept in and then I wasn't hungry (still full from the night before)

I had a vegetable omelet - I can't say I recommend the broccoli/cauliflower blend for omelet filling. Cauliflower in an omelet was just wrong somehow.

For lunch my husband took me to Red lobster - i had a green salad with minimal dressing, broiled canadian walleye and steamed broccoli/zuchini (i left the abundant baby carrots on the plate)

Dinner fell apart - we had McDonalds. Ugh. When I fall, I fall hard, eh? I had a cheeseburger and some chicken selects with sweet&sour sauce.

Well, I went into the weekend feeling a little anxious and it is obvious that I didn't have a solid enough plan set up to avoid the temptations. I wish it were as easy as blaming my husband, but I must take responsability for my own actions.

i felt like I had gone crazy. i was so hungry and I hated the thought of vegetables and tuna. I was really just acting like a recalcitrant three-year. I mean, honestly - it had only been 5 days of the diet.

I am trying to reframe this in my head, instead of failure I am looking at it as a learning experience, i see what i need to change on the weekend and I can work around it. It probably has a little to do with my previous diets - where you would go way up on carbs on the weekend. That pattern is still in the back of my mind. Anyhow - next weekend will be much better and more in control, I promise.

The good news is I am back on track today...had my spinach omelet for breakfast!

--------------
Dont spend your precious time asking \"Why isnt the world a better place?\" It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is \"How can I make it better?\" To that there is an answer.
- Leo Buscaglia
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/01/29, 01:04 PM
Remember, Just one step at a time. You kicked butt all week!:dumbbell: I was right there with yah on the bad diet weekend, Its behind me now, going grocery shopping. I will cook most of my meals for the week today and nothing will be lost. Just keep posting, you know it helps with accountability! Plus, Im getting some great recipes, lol. :big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/29, 04:41 PM
Lyle McDonald, who wrote the rapid fat loss handbook that i am following (or trying to:surprised:), feels the aspirin hasn't been proven to increase the effectiveness of the EC stack. He also mentions that the EC stack can be detrimental to some people. You need to know your health issues and risks before taking an EC stack.

- Here is an excerpt from his book

"the fact is that the EC stack has been clinically studied and used for nearly 2 decades. It has been shown to increase metabolic rate, blunt hunger, may correct the SNS defect present in obesity-prone individuals, increases fat loss and decreases muscle loss on a diet....Note that some studies suggested the addition of aspirin (making it an ECA stack) would improve the effect. But this was only shown for obese individuals and taking 300mg of aspirin three times per day is a good way to burn a hole in your stomach/get an ulcer. Whether lower doses of aspirin (say the 81mg children's size) would have the same effect is unknown."

If you want to order his ebook - check www.bodyrecomposition.com

I wonder if getting my supplements on track this week will make a big difference next weekend? hmmm. I guess i should get on that:)

--------------
- Leo Buscaglia
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/30, 08:12 AM
The potassium and magnesium are per Lyle macdonald, also. It is because when you are low carb/low calorie your electrolyte balance will be depleted, so you need to replenish them. he recommends that you salt your food, also.

sunday was off, i didn't write everything down, I had a big omelet with spinach in it for breakfast.
For lunch I made some jennie-o turkey breasts that come topped with stuffing - they are pretty lowfat and there is minimal stuffing. I had green beans with that.

Dinner was pork and vegetables.

Today's goals:
To actually eat all of my meals and to take all of my supplements.

Lift weights (when my omelet has digested a bit)

--------------
- Leo Buscaglia
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/31, 07:55 AM
Monday was a good day - I had more enrgy than i have had in months, maybe years.. i worked out, I did the grocery shopping, I shoveled the walk, I cleaned the kitchen and mopped. Wow. I was falling asleep by 7:30pm, but at least i had reasons to be tired!

Monday was an excellent food day, also. i remembered my supplements and I only missed one snack (wasn't hungry).

6:45am Omelet:
1 egg, 4 whites
1/2 zuchini, 1/2 onion
leftover pork
ff cheese
cilantro, cumin

Lifted weights

11am 2 scoops ON whey in crystal ite

2pm taco salad:
4 oz lean ground turkey, 1/4 pkt hot taco seasoning
romaine, medium tomato
lime/flax oil dressing (in recipe post)
1/2 a large cucmber

6:15 pork loin, roasted zuchini and onion
vitamins/minerals

9pm ff riccota with 1 scoop chocolate whey protein, sf cocoa and splenda (like choc pudding)

Slept well, woke up hungry this morning...

--------------
In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do; it is not really the time but the will that is lacking.
- Sir John Lubbock
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/31, 09:53 PM
Tuesday's food

A pretty good day - hungry, though.

6:30ish 1 egg, 5 whites, turmeric, chives
1/2 a zucchini, 1/2 an onion, 5 mushrooms
2 slices ff cheese

10ish 1c ff cottage cheese, 1/2 a large cucumber

1:00 Giant bowl of salad (romaine, tomato, onion, cucmber)
Drizzle of french and bleu cheese
extra lean ground hamburger, ff cheese
horseradish mustard

Did cardio and yoga

4:00 1 qt crystal lite with 2 scoops hemp protein

6:30 shrimp and scallops, broccoli/cauliflower mix cooked in a little chicken broth with garlic and ginger,
shrimp and chicken broth.

8:45 ff riccota cheese with 1 scoop choc. whey protein, 1 tbsp cocoa powder and 2 tbsp splenda

i remembered all of my supplements today! A pretty good day.

--------------
In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do; it is not really the time but the will that is lacking.
- Sir John Lubbock
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/02, 08:44 AM
Wednesday, Feb 1st Day 10

7am omelet:
1 egg, 5 whites
spinachm mushrooms, 2 oz turkey
2 slices ff cheese

11 (at the dentist longer than expected...early lunch at the zoo cafe) grilled chicken ceasar salad

1:30/2:00 lean ham and ff cheese, celery sticks

6:00 headache, tired, not very hungry. Chicken bouillion

8:45 extra lean hamburger
ff cheese
grilled onion slices, medium tomato, 1/3 avocado
drizzle of lite ranch

--------------
- Sir John Lubbock
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/03, 07:47 AM
Thursday - Day 11

Down 9 pounds!!! a lot will be water, of course, but psychologically very motivating!

7:30 Pizza Omelet
1 egg 5 whites oregano, garlic, cayenne
1/2 onion, mushrooms, 2oz extra lean ground turkey
2 slices ff cheese, 2 tbsp spaghetti sauce

Lifted weights

10:30 2 scoops on whey in crystal lite

in the car snack - turkey jerky, 3 little samples of cheese

3:00 extra lean ground beef
very thin slice goat cheese
grilled onion slice, medium tomato, 1/2 large cucumber
drizzle of lite ranch

I kind of missed my snack because I was preparing dinner..ate a few slices of turkey pepperoni...

Free meal:

Homemade thin crust pizza
turkey pepperoni
onion, mushrooms, green olives, mozarella

and some finnish cheese on plain crust..mmmm

2 glasses wine (better than the whole bottle)

I was so full from the pizza i forgot i was going to have a little chiocolate or a cookie. oh well. next time, I guess.

I think I have decided that Thursday nights are going to be the free meal nights instead of every 4 days. i will see how it goes. Thursday night is Survivor night, so we kind of like to eat interesting food while we watch people starve... I don't feel deprived enough at this point in the game to need a free meal every 4 days.:)

--------------
- Sir John Lubbock
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2006/02/04, 12:45 PM
Great work asimmer! Keep it up.

Add some worms or something for Survivor night...that'll keep your calorie intake down on your free meal night. :big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/05, 08:13 AM
MMM. worms(I am making the Snoopy 'blehhh' noise now).

So, I was so excited and said that I didn't need a free meal every 4 days because I felt so godd and then the weekend just kind of went to heck....

Friday Feb 3

6:30 Omelet:
1 small zuchini, shredded, 1/2 a medium onion
1 egg, 4 whites
1/4c ff cheddar shreds

did cardio

10am 2 scoops hemp protein in crystal lite

Lunch - at IKEA: chicken marsala, steamed broccoli
mixed greens and tomatoes with ff
raspberry vinagrette

A long space until dinner, I have been having these odd, not hungry when I should be periods in the afternoon. I guess that is a good thing?

for dinner I attempted a version of French Onion Soup (no recipe), it turned out pretty tasty. I put a piece of Finnish cheese in each bowl, I guess the real thing has a piece of crusty bread under the cheese, so the cheese floats. We sort of fished for the half melted cheese..

I had some lamb ribs in the freezer, so I thawed them out and broiled them - not a lot of meat, but tasty.

In the evening I had 3 glasses of wine, a few reduced fat crackers and 2 pieces of cheese (my husband was eating..)

I guess, looking back on it, Friday was not as bad as i have been mentally berating myself for. I just can't have the wine or crackers around...

Saturday, Feb 4th - paying for my sins of wheat and wine. I feel like my entire system is inflamed. All of my tendons hurt.

I didn't eat for a long time saturday, when I did eat it was a rebellious and further damaging meal of two slices of toast with egg-in-the-middle.

We did some errands and ended up at the indin restaurant for lunch. I had some really good spinach, garbanzo beans, curried lamb, rice and some really naughty fried bread, and one veg samosa. this doesn't bode well for my tendons..

In the afternoon I ate some all natural cheese crackers.. still not good for me.

Dinner was probably the best meal of the day - we went out and ended up at a Vietnamese restaurant. I had beef and seafood pho with fresh basil, lime, bean sprouts, rice noodles. I also ate one eggroll, fish sauce and half a cream cheese wonton. Damn.

Had a few Amstel light and one guiness.

These weekends are off the hook. I don't know why I am fighting myself so hard.

I told my husband that something has got o change. We need a better plan on the weekend. I need a better plan on the weekend.

I am trying to be more flexible on this diet, but I am losing my focus completely on the weekend. I am paying with pain and fatigue from the choices I made.

I am going to focus on anti-inflammatory foods all week and come up with a realistic plan for next weekend.

Okay, not going to go into a downward spiral here. Today is going to be all about rehydration and fresh foods.

--------------
- Sir John Lubbock
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/06, 09:00 AM
Tried to saty positive on Sunday - I think I am having a mild flu or something - one of my clients has been sick and insisted on coming last week, even though she was still sick. All day Saturday, Sunday and this morning I am sore and snotty. Ugh.

I didn't write down what i ate yesterday, i was a slug all day. I had toast with honey for breakfast.I know I ate some leftover soup. for dinner I made some plain baked chicken.
Blah. I feel kind of pukey today.

Today i will probably stick to mostly fluids. I am not working out today. Wah.:(

--------------
- Sir John Lubbock
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/02/06, 02:00 PM
Oh no! :(

I hope you start feeling better! Do i need to send you a box of chicken noodle soup? lol:)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/06, 10:14 PM
I was feeling somewhat better by this afternoon. I will do cardio tomorrow and yoga and see how I feel.

I ate fruit today, it seemed like what my body wanted. I made a pork tenderloin and baked sweet potatoes for dinner. Drank alot of tea throughout the day.

Going to bed now, i am sure tomorrow i will feel like myself again.:)

--------------
- Sir John Lubbock
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/08, 09:52 AM
Monday, getting back on track, still feeling kind of ugh-y.

Breakfast - orange juice and hemp protein

morning snack 1 can tuna, 1/2 a cuke, 1/2 an onion and
1 tbsp light ranch

lunch - soup:
chicken broth
leftover chicken, green onions, mushrooms,
green beans, garlic, cilantro

Somehow I missed my afternoon snack, drank a lot of iced mint tea...famished by dinner time.

I made a sort of ratitouille (sp?) I sauteed one onion chopped,a spoonful of minced garlic with some Italian blend seasoning, a splash of water to keep it from sticking/burning. Added 2 chopped zucchinis, 8 sliced mushrooms, about 5 mini-tomatoes, chopped, 1/4c white cooking wine and about 5oz leftover pork tenderloin, chopped. cooked until veg were semi-soft and everything heated, then added about 1/2c spaghetti sauce over the top, covered and warmed a few minutes.

This was very tasty, I served my husband's over rice, ate mine without. have some leftover ...

Before bed i had 1/2c lowfat cottage cheese. I have decided that i cannot stomach the fat free cottage cheese, it makes me want to puke....

Calories low today.. i don't want to think about it. About 909 total. Protein 118g (low..) Carb 86.9g fiber 19.7g
fat 20g

I need to increase my protein intake - buy some eggs, dammit - and not miss snacktimes. I could stand more fiber, also..more broccoli and maybe some citrucel or something...

909 calories, no wonder I am cranky this morning. I am not sure i can go 12 weeks on this low of an intake...

--------------
Never, never, never, never give up.
- Winston Churchill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/09, 08:16 AM
Okay, wait, i lost Monday somewhere..I think that Monday's food listed up there are actually tuesday's.

Wednesday - prolab lean matrix shake (still out of eggs)

10:30 (yeah, my husband bought some eggs!) 1 egg, 4 whites, 1/3c ff cottage cheese, 2 green onions, chopped. Cooked like omelet - new favorite!

Lunch - leftover ratatouille, 2 lo-carb tortillas with Finnish cheese.

Dinner - spinach souffle and 1/2c macaroni&cheese (oops)

Had a few lite beers and 3 sugar cookies. Boy, I swung way over today from low cal to high cal. According to the tracking software I got the following amounts today:

Cal 2244, Pro 105g, fat 80g (it was the cheese and the souffle, but this may be high because i had to guess on the cheese), 125g CHO.

So, my carbs still fairly low, my protein too low, my fat too high.

I am working on sorting this all out. the new software I am playing with is good - check out a free trial at www.dietpower.com, you get a 15 day trial.

I am playing head games with myself with the light beer and cheese tortillas (you aren't competing, you don't have to be too strict yet..). I need to put a stop to that and change my thinking about this all.

Today will be more balanced!

--------------
- Winston Churchill
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2006/02/09, 10:30 AM
Wow! I can't thank you enough for starting this post and continuing to post even in the face of a few bumps in the road. It really is inspiring even on those days were you're human & possibly veer off course. I've honestly always thought I was the ONLY person who had such weird 3-4 day struggles/daily battles within my own mind. I'm typically very determined & gung ho for a few days then somehow I stray..then go right back into the vicious cycle of getting back on track. However I really beat myself up over it and the reality is (as you're proving) that there's no need to be so harsh & judgemental, just simply keeping on trying time & time again.

Anyhoo...keep going strong and I'll personally continue to do the same. I suppose we're all human after all. :)progressions

--------------
You only get ONE body, take care of it and it'll take care of YOU!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/09, 12:02 PM
I just read a really good chapter in a book yesterday about failure and how we perceive it.

The main point was that an airplane is actually off-course a majority of the time, but the computer keeps making adjustments to get it back on track so that it arrives at it's destination.

We need to be able to retrain our 'computers' to continually redetermine our course and get us back on track instead of feeling like failures because a big gust of wind took us off track.

If you consider it that way, it helps you to look at it proactively instead of defeatedly.

One thing you do have to know though is where you are going :)

--------------
- Winston Churchill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/09, 11:10 PM
Thursday, a good day, back on course:)

7 AM 1 egg , 4 whites, 2 gr onions, 1/3 c ff cottage cheese

10:00 Ultimate Taco salad (in nutrition forum)

3:00 Prolab lean matrix, fiber wafers

5:30 Gorton's grilled salmon fillet
1/2 recipe of Greek Egg-Lemon Soup (nutrition forum)

8:30 'Survivor Pizza'
Low carb tortilla,
1/4c spaghetti sauce
1/3c soy crumbles
1/4c ff cheddar shreds

Lemon/lime aid - juice of 1/2 a large lemon and 1 lime in a quart of water with a spoonful of splenda and some ice. MMM.

Totals for today:

Calories 1292
Fat 43g (but mostly monounsat)
CHO 109g
Fiber 36g
Protein 145g

I feel good tonight, going to get to bed now..:)

--------------
- Winston Churchill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/11, 09:51 AM
Friday food

Am Omelet 1 egg, 4 whites, spinach, ff cottage cheese.

10am 1 qt crystal lite with ON whey, 2 scoops

Worked out

Prolab lean matrix shake - accidentally made with hot water, not as bad as I thought.

4pm late!!! 1 chicken breast (deli fired and I ate the skin out of sheer rebellion) 2c frozen broccoli with 1 slice ff mozarella on top.

2 servings medi-fast chicken broth, to fill my grumbly, still hungry tummy. Very low-cal

Dinner, made spaghetti and lean ground with ragu for hubby/daughter. I had an omelet version:

1 egg, 1 egg white, whisked with 2 chopped green onions. About 1.5oz extral lean beef and 1 slice ff mozarella cheese. Topped with a tbsp ragu.

3 1/2 light beers with lemon.

Daily totals:

Calories 1650, a little high for McDonald's projections, but I had those light beers, which aren't allowed on his plan... Friday night, feeling sorry for myself because of my feet...

fat 39.5g
CHO 88g
Fiber 21g a little low
Protein 177g

--------------
- Winston Churchill
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/02/11, 01:00 PM
At least you stopped at 3 1/2 beers, You could've had 4. :) And thats only 1/2 a beer more than me. I work for a beer company and it was employee beer day. Gets me everytime!

Didnt you go to the doc about your feet? Are you getting it fixed?
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/02/11, 04:23 PM
Nevermind, Just read your training log. :)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/13, 10:45 AM
Well, lets pretend that Saturday and Sunday either didn't happen or were free days.. i seem to have eaten nearly everything in site and not gotten much healthy activity.

Going to figure out how to keep the wekends on track,how to keep my goals in focus and not get stressed about things.

--------------
- Winston Churchill
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2006/02/13, 10:56 AM
I'll second the motion to pretend Sat./Sun didn't happen.:(

--------------
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2006/02/13, 03:48 PM
:laugh: I'll third that motion.

Sometimes it does help to keep me more mentally in the game/on the right path if I work out first thing in the morning on the weekends. I may even have to add a 2nd cardio workout late in the afternoons from now on in order to make sure I stay on course as night time approaches. Auuggghh, why can't we all just be genetically gifted with perfect bodies? :

--------------
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2006/02/13, 04:14 PM
:laugh: I'll third that motion.

Sometimes it does help to keep me more mentally in the game/on the right path if I work out first thing in the morning on the weekends. I may even have to add a 2nd cardio workout late in the afternoons from now on in order to make sure I stay on course as night time approaches. Auuggghh, why can't we all just be genetically gifted with perfect bodies? :

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/15, 07:51 AM
I hope everyone had a good valentine's day - I had too much dark chocolate (if there is such a thing) - I didn't end up making the fancy dinner I intended, we brought in chicken instead.
The past few days have been busy, we are in the process of readying our house (and ourselves) to sell in the spring. Lots of little projects and I have been boxing up non-neccessities.. I haven't been hungry lately, having a shake this morning because my jaw hurts and eggs seem like too much hassle to make (what a lazy a** I am this morning).

It is a good shake, though...frozen strawberries, OJ, hemp protein, minerals, probiotics... Maybe i will just drink shakes all day today - sometimes that sounds so appealing, not cooking or chewing all day.

--------------
- Winston Churchill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/16, 09:07 AM
Yesterday:

Am shake as mentioned above..

10 am shake - chocolate protein powder, 1/4c oats, 1 spoonful peanutbutter, water

12 1 egg, 2 egg whites, mushrooms, ff mozarella 1/4c pasta

snack - lo-carb tortilla, cheese and 1/2 an orange.

I seem to have gone a long time until dinner - for dinner I made a chicken potpie. Lots of veggies, no bottom crust, leftover chicken, thin top crust. Still too much fat and such...I seem to be in a cooking stage of rebellion, I am reading cookbooks and planinng all these meals in my head. Tonigt i am making Guinness-braised chuck roast... what happened to my diet?

--------------
- Winston Churchill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/18, 06:57 PM
whoa, who stickied my post?

I am sitting here today, demotivated. I can't get off the see-saw off crash dieting for a week or two and the overeating for a week or two.

I had a long conversation with my mother about it, she would prefer that i not try to look close to competition all of the time, she thinks it stresses me out too much. I think it is aa attainable goal, I just need to figure out why i want it so much. She didn't like it when I competed. I absolutely loved it.

I think that instead of crash dieting ala Lyle mcDonald, i will design a 40-40-20 plan and stick to that for three months, then switch ratios to 50/30/10 and do that for three months. I will spend some time designing it all tonight and post it tomorrow.
I am going to track my intake here - calories per meal, etc. so if people want to follow the plan they can.

Alright. I am going to go do some figuriong now...and eat some fresh, homemade bread :)

--------------
- Winston Churchill
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/02/18, 07:22 PM
I am sad that you are demotivated:(. But Im still here cheering you on! Maybe check out that website i sent you a while back for some recipes. I wrote a few down but i have yet to try one, and I like the way she breaks everything down:)
ebabe1026
ebabe1026
United States
2006/02/19, 12:06 PM
:surprised: ASimmer, let me know how you go about mapping out the meals for your 40-40-20. I attempted to go at a ratio diet per Burn The Fat Feed the Muscle which is an awesome ebook I got. He also instructed to refeed on carbs every 4th day, but after 2 weeks I was growing so tired of plugging things into my spreadsheet. I literally had to plan for 2-3 days ahead & @ 5-6 meals per day it's exhausting unless you want to eat the same meals every day.
Just curious if you have an easier way to go about things

Thanks!

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/20, 07:30 AM
Okay - here is the 40-40-20 plan for me, i will explain how I worked it out, so hopefully it will make sense.

As far as mapping out meals for this plan - I make lists of protein amounts that fit the plan, lists of crabs with their amounts and just try to switch things up each day as far as flavor, etc. If you are going to make a recipe - figure out ahead of time what is in each serving and how it fits into your plan.

My meals are not all the same carb content. This is due to a few factors - My PWO shake is not a 40/40/20 ratio. I tried to distribute the extra carbs amongst the other meals.
The meals are not, in themselves 40/40/20. I am looking at the entire day's breakdown being 40/40/20. My morning meal is a little lower in carbs because it is a premade shake, I can't chew very well early in the morning and i don't want a heavy meal because I am going to workout early, maybe 1/2 an hour after 1st meal.
My last meal is lower in carbs and slighlty lower in protein because I am eating cottage cheese and not much else before bed. I distributed the extra carbs/protein throughout other meals.

Here is the basic plan:

Meal 1 - 40g protein/40g cho/8g fat

workout

Meal 2 - PWO shake 25g cho/50g protein

Meal 3 - 28g protein/42g cho/9g fat

Meal 4 - 28g protein/42gcho/9g fat

Meal 5 - 28g protein/42g cho/9g fat

Meal 6 - 26g protein/8gcho/9g fat

So, I am all set up and ready to not stress so much about this plan!

I will add my lists here when I get them adjusted (I had to adjust this a little this morning, so my lists from yesterday are a little off).

--------------
- Winston Churchill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/20, 10:49 AM
Here are the beginning lists:

My PWO shake is:
55oz water
protein powder to equal 50g protein
4tsps dextrose
1 TBSP + 1/2 tsp Carbo gain (maltodextrin)

That equals 300 calories, 50g protein and 25g CHO.
I mix it with crystal lite or sugarfree koolaid if the protein powder is vanilla or no flavor. Otherwise i use a chocolate flavored protein powder.

Here are some foods/amounts. This is by no means a complete set of lists - I go through my food counts book and highlight the foods I like to eat and then figure out how much I can have accordingly.

Protein:

1egg white = 17 calories 3.5g protein .3g CHO 0 fat
To equal 28 g protein - 8 egg whites

1 whole egg = 75 calories 6.3g protein .6g CHO 5g fat
1 egg + 6 whites = almost 28g protein (27.3)

FF cheese slices = 30 calories 5g protein 2 g CHO 0fat
2 slices 10g pro + 5 egg whites = 27.5g protein

Or 1egg + 3 whites + 2 slices ff cheese = 26.8g protein

Extra Lean Ground Turkey
1 oz equals 30 calories 6.5g protein 0 CHO .37g fat
4oz = 26g protein 120 calories 1.48g fat

Chicken breast 5 oz 150 calories 25g protein 0 CHO 5g fat

Pollock Fillet 4 oz 134 calories 28g protein 0CHO 1.4g fat

Tuna Fish, 1 can 150 calories 32.5g protein 0CHO 1.25g fat

1 cup 1% cottage cheese 160 calories 26g protein 8g CHO 2g fat

Extra Lean Ground Beef 4 oz 160 calories 22g protein 0 CHO 8g fat

Nonfat yogurt 8oz 90 calories 8g protein 14g CHO 0g fat

Carbs!

1/2c cooked brown rice = 108.5 calories 2.5g protein 22.5g CHO 1g fat

1/2c cooked black beans = 90 calories 8g protein 20g CHO 1g fat

2c romaine lettuce = 20 calories 2g protein 4g CHO 0 fat

1c spinach = 7 calories 1g protein 1g CHO 0 fat

1/3c oatmeal = 100 calories 3g protein 18g CHO 2g fat

1c sliced apple = 64 calories 0.2g protein 16.8g CHO o.4g fat

1c cucumber = 14 calories 0.8g protein 2.8g CHO 0.2g fat

1c broccoli/cauliflower = 20 calories 2g protein 3g CHO 0fat

So, a meal following my above amounts would be:

1/2c rice 1/2c beans and a chicken breast , 1/2c vegetables

or

2 cups veggies, 1/4c beans, a little over 1/2c rice, extra lean ground beef.

You get the basic idea. It is just a matter of knowing how much of things you can have/dividing and combining different things to equal what you need.

--------------
- Winston Churchill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/20, 09:36 PM
OKay.. Today was easy because there was no school and my daughter was at a friend's house most of the day - it was like a day off for me. So, mostly I cooked and ate and counted amounts and calories, etc.

Here is the day:
Goals 2000 calories actual 2014.6
200g protein actual 207.25
200g cho actual 199.8
44g fat actual 38

Meal 1 - prolab matrix shake 390 cal 40gP/40gC/8gF

Meal 2 PWO Shake 300 cal 55oz water 50gP/25gC

Meal 3 beef bean and cabbage curry 408 cal 33gP/45gC/10.2gF

Meal 4 Potato spinach frittata 319 cal 27.3gP/34.2gC/5gF

Meal 5 salad - 1c lettuce mix, 2 tsp dressing, tbsp pecans
turkey tenderloin with glaze, 4oz baked sweet potato
fries - Cal 405.6 29.65gP/45gC/10.8gF

Meal 6 tsp peanut butter, 1c 1% cottage cheese
Cal 192, 27.3g pro, 9g cho, 4.6g fat

I added the peanut butter because my fat was a little low for the day and I was feeling really hungry after dinner...

I posted some of the recipes that I created today in the nutrtion forum.

--------------
- Winston Churchill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/21, 08:33 PM
Today was pretty good - I went a bit over on my fat consumption and by dinner i had hit my calorie amount - so no bedtime snack tonight:( Actually i am very full from dinner, I overate the flank steak. It was just so dang good.

My amounts for somethings are approximate because i eyeballed the amount (like the flank steak..)

Goals 2000 cal; 200g cho; 200g pro; 44g fat
Actual:
Calories 2050
CHO 201g
PRO 177g
FAT 62.25g

cal / Pro/CHO/Fat/Fiber
Meal 1: matrix shake 390 40g 40g 8g 4g

cardio

Meal 2: bb pancake
w/blackberries&syrup 420 32.3g 50.8g 10.5g 6.5g

(meal 2 was too big with 1/2c oats, i am switching to 1/4c oats and that will bring my cal down too)

Meal 3 Healthy Choice veg soup 220 10g 38g 2g 8g
4oz xtra lean beef 170 23g 0g 8g 0g

Meal 4 1 1/2 oz corn chips 210 3g 27g 12g 1.5g
1 slice ff cheese 30 5g 2g 0g
1/2c 1% Cottage cheese 80 13g 4g 1g
2 tbsp salsa 13 1g 4g 0g
metamucil drink 20 cal og 5g 0g 3g

Meal 5 Rice w/mushrooms 1/2c 142 4g 26g 3g 2g
(I will post the recipe for the rice, it is good!)
Flank steak 5oz 320 37.5g 0g 17.5g 0g
asparagus 10 spears 35 3.25g 6.5g .25g 3g

Some of the calories could probably be deducted because of the fiber..but.. A pretty good day, anyhow.

--------------
- Winston Churchill
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/02/22, 08:15 PM
Wednesday! the best day yet! I got really close to my goals today!(at least, by the time I have had my cc before bed I will have).
You know the goal amounts! here are the actuals today:
Calories 2013
Protein 215.5g (43%)
Carbohydrates 201.9g (41%)
fAT 34.8G (16%)
fIBER 36.7g
CAL/PRO/CHO/FAT/FIBER
5:45 matrix shake 390/40/40/8/4

W/O and yoga

9:50 PWO Shake 343/50/29/0/1

11:45 flank steak, 4 oz
1/2c rice,
1/2c garbanzo beans
meal total 476/39/41/16/6.4

3:00 1c kashi go lean
1/8 c fruit bits (dried, mixed fruit)
1 scoop protein in water
meal total 320/33.5/48.5/4/12

6:45 chili 324/27/35.4/4.8/7.3

bedtime snack 1c ff cottage cheese 160/26/8/2/0

Today is so close to perfect and i haven't been hungry! the kashi go lean makes an excellent snack - I put it and the fruit bits in a baggie and took them with me and snacked for a while at the afterschool program. It kept me full for a long time!

--------------
- Winston Churchill
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/02/22, 11:01 PM
I just recently found the kashi go lean products. I love their Blueberry waffles.:) for a breakfast on the go sometimes I will have a waffle with a tbsp of natty peanut butter, fold it and enjoy!
1 2 of 2 pages resultset_next resultset_last