Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

that time of month

summerw18
summerw18
United States
2003/02/15, 09:14 AM
ladies i need help. about a week before i get my period my cravings are incontrolable. believe me i try to eat normal--or even allow myself a little bad fat--but it doesn't stop the cravings. i end up eating everything and more and then feel horrible. i feel this is really holding my progress back--and i'm not exaggerating. help!!!
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/02/15, 10:55 AM
Self Control and Discipline are the factors here. There is really nothing else that can help you but your own will. most of us women all have the monthly and all have cravings, but do we really want to ruin our goals by binging on our diets??? I guess what I am sayin here is if you really want this, you will control yourself not to do it.

--------------
Bettia.... When you feel like giving up, take it to the limit one more time!! You will SUCEED :-)
Greenlee
Greenlee
United States
2003/02/16, 04:00 PM
I agree with ravenbeauty. Discipline is the key in this situation. I have a question for you. What types of food are you craving. There possibly may be a substitute out there for the unhealthy foods that you are craving.
Kalanchoe
Kalanchoe
United Kingdom
2003/02/22, 08:11 AM
Try dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) and cottage cheese with pineaple!
They taste luxurious enough to satisfy cravings, but actually not that bad for you.
Katie ;)
xx

--------------
My body only feels good when it burns!
titanschicsha
titanschicsha
United States
2003/02/22, 08:58 PM
summerw18 I know exactly how your feeling, My first day is always the worst with cravings, will power is no match for what your body wants (thinks it wants). My doctor recommended bloodwork when I explained this to her. We have found some problems with my thyroid and some other possible problems. She has me taking supplements and the Protein, seems to do the trick. Atkins has a great line of low carb candy Bars called Enduldge. Great for chocolate cravings. Hope this helps, don't ignore cravings your body is trying to tell you something.

--------------
Sha
God Bless America
titanschicsha
titanschicsha
United States
2003/02/22, 09:07 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
I_Am-aZon
I_Am-aZon
Canada
2003/02/24, 12:20 PM
I find that "once a month" I give myself permission to have one comfort meal - Usually a fast food hamburger - lately though, with more and more results from weight training, I get the grilled chicken - I feel like I have cheated even though I didn't as much as I used to.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2003/02/24, 06:36 PM
back on the subject for that time of the month, there are a lot of meal replacement bars that are absolutely sinful in taste and can take away that massive chocolate craving you so desire during this time. my favorite is EAS Energy bars (chocolate)! Shakes are great too, try doing a search on shakes in the recipe forum, there are some great ones out there! as far as guilt, i feel that i have done so well with my diet and exercising that a treat now and then is well deserved so i don't eat myself up about it. i know i will be back at my routine the next day!

--------------
Bettia.... When you feel like giving up, take it to the limit one more time!! You will SUCEED :-)